Start by marking “Remember When (Remember Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Remember When (Remember Trilogy, #1)

Remember When

(Remember Trilogy #1)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  11,566 ratings  ·  1,213 reviews
Librarian Note: This is an alternate cover edition, asin:B00AUV1R42

REMEMBER WHEN is the first book in a romantic comedy trilogy, but most people believe it can be read as a standalone.

Years before Trip Wiley could be seen on movie screens all over the world, he could be seen sitting in the desk behind me in my high school English class.

This was back in 1990, and I cite the
Published January 1st 2013 (first published December 29th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Remember When, please sign up.
Marissa Cottrell Yes, but the other two in the series are great. Once you finish this one, you'll want to read the others.

·  11,566 ratings  ·  1,213 reviews

Christy
Jun 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Christy by: Jennifer Kyle
5 Layla ♥’s Trip Stars!

photo dbd6110f-acbb-4577-aa72-9082aaedf6e6_zpsea7d200f.jpg

I’ve been meaning to get to this book for a long time. It’s been recommended to me by many of my trusted book buddies. Now that the whole series is out, I figure it’s a good time to read, right? YES! I can’t imagine not being able to jump straight into book 2, then 3 from here! I am so happy I waited. This book was so fun! Made me nostalgic for my high school days...

Oh to be young again... Layla Warren is getting ready to start her senior year of high school. With her be
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

IT’S FREE & IT’S TIME! I’ve been meaning to read for years.

Book 1 of 3.
FREE! (limited time) | AMZ US | AMZ UK
Blurb:
This was back in 1990, and I cite the year only to avoid dumbfounding you when references to big hair or stretch pants are mentioned. Although, come to think of it, I am from New Jersey, which may serve as explanation enough.
Rosalinda *KRASNORADA*
Aug 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People who love YA/NA.
Recommended to Rosalinda *KRASNORADA* by: Ana Rita

So, you wanna read something sweet that takes you back to the silly girl you were in high school??? READ THIS BOOK!

This is the story of Trip and Layla, two teens who attend the same high school in the 90’s. Trip is the ‘new kid’ in school and he happens to be intelligent, funny and also gorgeous in a cute kinda way. And Lay, she’s just a great heroine. A smart ass that will make you pee with all her inner thoughts and her crazy sentences.

Do you want to remember the first time you look into the
• Lisa •
FIVE PERFECTLY PERFECT STARS.

description

I feel dreamy oh so dreamy, my heart might stop, I have fluttery butterflies, I don't want to stop thinking about you, will you be mine forever? hold my hand, kiss me please, first love is the sweetest, I won't forget you, I think I'm in love ... Just some of my thoughts upon finishing this lovely tale of love. I feel like I have been waiting for what seems like forever to start this series and readers it was well worth the wait. T Torrest has taken me on a beautiful
Jen
Are you there, God? It’s me, Layla. I know I just jerked off some guy who is not even my boyfriend in the bathroom of this crappy, brown house. But if you could find a way to kill me quickly and painlessly within the next ten seconds, I promise never to touch another penis again. Well, I’ll be dead, so, I guess I promise not to whore it up in heaven. Which, of course is where you’ll be sending me, right? I mean, I’d hate to think you’d deny me an eternity behind your pearly gates just because o ...more
Brandi
Jan 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
description

Sweet and funny, Remember When was an entertaining story about crushes, friendship, first love and growing up. I really enjoyed it, and loved all the 90s references!
Jennifer Kyle
Apr 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Emma & Evan,
Kat & Daemon,
Will & Layken,
Sunshine & Josh,
Augusta & Hazel,
please make room for… Layla and Trip!

description

T. Torrest brilliantly tells the story of Jersey Girl, Layla Warren’s relationship with the now world famous Trip Wiley back in the day of their senior year of high school.

"While I was picturing who was going to play me in the movie version of my life story (Alyssa Milano, maybe?)"

"Are you there, God? It's me, Layla..."

Remember When is told in the main characte
Jacqueline's Reads
Jul 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, freebie, audio
4 High School Experiences Stars

I’ve seen T.Torrest around a bit and I never picked up one of her books. I finally saw Remember When 1 on audio and well you know I was all over that. It really is the best way to experience books (in my opinion).
Remember When 1 is part of trilogy. Remember When 1 is a full novel, so don’t think it is a mini book. The ending will leave you satisfied, so don’t think it’s an epic cliffy.

I didn’t know anything about this book, I think I remember reading the Hero is a
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
Oh....I don't even know where to begin...This book was just so freaking cute!

awwww photo tumblr_inline_mirasunWYr1qz4rgp_zpsa5f5e494.gif

As a child of the 80's I cracked up at many of the old sayings because yes I have called someone cuckoo-for-cocoa puffs.

The story follows Layla Warren who recounting her senior year of high school. It starts off with her going to school and in walks new boy, Terrance C. Wilmington the third, who sits behind her in Ms. Mason's class. They become instant best friends.

best friends photo tumblr_mjxgajUQPN1rgszxco1_500_zpsa2230334.gif

You go through senior year with the ups and downs be
Aestas Book Blog
Aug 12, 2013 rated it really liked it

"Years before Trip Wiley could be seen on movie screens all over the world, he could be seen in the desk behind me in my high school English class."

A light-hearted quick read that took me right back to high school and that whole first crush/first love feeling! Of course, my high school crush didn't grow up to be the next Brad Pitt, but I digress.

This book had me smiling, swooning and chucking to myself from the first chapter. There were a few moments so that were so funny that when I tried t
Amy | Foxy Blogs
Jun 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Amy | Foxy Blogs by: Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister
Remember When is a walk down memory lane for those who were teens in the late 80's early 90's. Back before cell phones, facebook and goodreads.

Layla has a crush on the new boy in town, Trip. He ends up sitting directly behind her in class and she immediately sets her sights on him.

If you are looking for a sweet romantic comedy than this book is for you.

SERIES:
Remember When (Remember Trilogy, #1) by T. Torrest Remember When 2 The Sequel (Remember Trilogy, #2) by T. Torrest Remember When 3 (Remember Trilogy, #3) by T. Torrest
Continuing Story with cliffhanger.
A_Ryan
6 "First Love is Forever" stars!!!!

I ABSOLUTELY ADORED this sweet, nostalgic, heart-warming introduction to Layla and Trip's love story. In fact, I loved it so much that I am currently an incoherent heap of melted mess trying to write a "mind ramble" about Torrest's exquisite tale of young love.

The story begins with the present-day, adult Layla taking a trip down memory lane,back to 1991 when she first met and fell in love with Trip Wilmington.

And suddenly you're transported back to a time of s
Harriet ~ bookworm
5 FIRST LOVE STARS!!

Oh WOW I really loved this story so much!

This book was about crushes and first loves, it really made me go back to my school days where I had my first crushes thinking they wasn't interested and having your friends help you through your heart breaks!

I found Remember When so realistic, I loved how Layla and Trip went through the stages of friends to first love, even though you could see from the beginning it was a love at first sight type thing!

I found Layla and her best fr
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
Jun 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: slow-burn-baby
I can't describe how great this book is and my review could never do it justice.

Remember When is set in 1990 - 1991 and tells the tale of Layla and Trip's senior year in high school and how they become fast friends before spending a wonderful last summer together before going their separate ways.

I loved all the 90's references which reminded me of my teenage years but most of all I loved how the author really made you feel like you were right there in the story, in New Jersey. There were so many
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥

Remember back in school when you had your first crush?

first love??

well...

you can re-live all of it through this book.

Wow, the emotions and butterlifes in my stomach this book gave me!!!

Exactly my type of book. But...I was expecting a completely different ending to what the blurb said.

Layla has a crush on the new boy, Trip. The book spans over the whole senior years of high school and I found it very relatable and realistic. It is a sweet book and the ending awwww!!!!

“Be happy. Wherever you
Nina
Jul 09, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
09.07.2018: The ebook is currently free on Amazon!
I want to thank the lovely ladies of Totallybooked for introducing me to this fabulous book!!!
It had me sucked in from the first page. I love that it takes place during the time of my youth.
I found myself feeling a bit nostalgic while reading it.
Remember When has it all....humor, angst, a lovable heroine, and an extremely swoon worthy leading man.
Trip will have you hooked the minute he walks into that English Lit class!!
Layla is also such a very lovable character! I loved her freaking sense of h
CeCe
This 5 star book is $.99 on Amazon today - 08/22/13.

I just finished one the my most favorite kind of love stories. I still have some tears in my eyes from that awesome ending/cliffy. That ending is my FAVORITE kind of cliffy. I have only read one other book that had an ending that made me feel the way this one did.

I cannot believe I have not read this book earlier. I cannot believe that more people are not talking about this book. Let’s see what adjective
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
Jun 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love
4.5 Stars! LOVED it!

What a great story. Really took me back in time...which was fun. Brought back a lot of memories of my time in high school. I really fell in love with Trip and Layla and their story.

I was a little worried at first. It's very descriptive writing so it didn't read really quick and I was afraid it was going to drag a bit. But the more I got in to the story the more I was hooked.

We begin the story, knowing that Trip is now a famous movie star, wanted and had by all of the ladie
TeriLyn
Aug 24, 2015 rated it really liked it

4 "Took you long enough to get here." Stars

There are those books we read to feel light and happy. You know the ones - they make us laugh and just feel really good while reminding us of a care free times in our lives when crushes on boys, high school parties, and the significance of our popularity were our biggest concerns. Well, Remember When hails as this kind of book. And coming off of a highly emotional, dark read Trip Wilmington and Layla Warren were just what I needed.

Remember When reminde
Anne OK
Jun 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-reads
Jeez Louise! I can't believe I've had this book downloaded on my Kindle for months and have pushed it aside in favor of others. Today was just a supercalifragilistic day of reading! T. Torrest has given readers a meticulously well-crafted story from beginning to end. Hold on though - there's a bit of a cliffhanger. You won't have to wait long because the second installment should be released on June 20, 2013. Thanks goodness because I don't think I could wait much longer. I'm counting on it be ...more
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
*3.5 Stars*

After my recent desire to start reading NA/YA more again, I decided to try this book that everyone seems to love. What I thought to be a quick, light weekend read turned out to be so much more-and a lot quicker. I picked this up Friday night hoping to spread this throughout the weekend and found that I was able to finish that night. I still to this day don't know how I feel about this series as a whole (yes, I finished essentially the whole series aside from the last 25% in the third
AJ
This is one of those books that reminds me of why I love to read YA. It’s sweet and funny, with lots of hilarious teenage insights as our characters navigate their way through new feelings and experiences. It also has a great sense of nostalgia and a beautiful story of first love that had me grinning like a fool the whole time I was reading.

It’s 1990, and 17 year old Layla is entering her senior year in high school. Part of the popular crowd, she is a good student, has a close group of friends,
Dee Montoya
*****5 Giddy Stars*****

Who thought that going back to high school would be so fun? And that's exactly how I felt reading Remember When. This book was a very happy and fun read, but not to be mistaken by fluff, it had a healthy dose of drama and tension and it was written in a witty and sentimental way. So ladies please dust off your New Kids On The Block cassettes, the hair spray and neon color attire because we are going to the Garden State to meet a group of friends and most importantly the su
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
Sep 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Update 2017
Still one of my faves.

***

I can't believe I'm saying this... But after years of Kellan Kyle being my main "man"...and after years of nothing ever coming close to being my number one favorite book ever...I finally have a new favorite book.

Sorry, Kellan.

****
Cath
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
On my God. Loved it!! I can't wait for book 2.....ten days can't some quick enough! Totally surprised how much I fell in love with Trip and Layla. I was crying buckets at the end!! Fab writing. I'm so glad I picked this up. X
Susanne
Jan 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fabilicious - loved it!
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Jenny: 4.5 stars

GITTE: There are so many things I loved about this sweet and funny book. The writing was flawless, the story was addictive; I cried, I laughed out loud and I swooned. I also really connected with all the characters and felt so very nostalgic as the 90s time frame it was set in and the clothes, music and movies all sparked memories for me as I was about *cough* 16 back then…This is one of those books you’ll want to just read cover to cover and pause life until you are done.

JENNY:
Jo
Mar 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone!
This is a book for everyone who grew up in the 80's and even if you didn't, you will still enjoy this book. Set in New Jersey in 1990/1991 it is told in the POV of Layla who is in her senior year, and has a crush on new boy Trip.
We know from the prologue that Trip is now a famous actor, and Layla narrates at the beginning of the book, explaining her history with Trip is similar to imagining what would it have been like to have gone to school with a young Brad Pitt or George Clooney and known th
Ailene♥
Jun 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, 5-stars
I know many have read this already and I feel like I wasted so many precious time reading some other crappy books when the one simple book that'd 100% get to me has just been on my kindle all along. Maybe, I haven't read that many yet but I could say that this is not one of the best books I've ever read but rather the best so far. I'd like to start off about what this book's all about but I feel like it'd just sound common or cliché and for me; it wouldn't do any justice on how amazing this book ...more
YA/NA FANATICS: September BOTM: Remember When 7 51 Sep 18, 2013 03:02AM
New Adult Book Club: This topic has been closed to new comments. # 37 - Remember When 50 249 Jul 05, 2013 07:32AM
Goodreads Librari...: Giveaway- ISBN not recognized 3 74 Mar 18, 2013 05:21PM

• Running Barefoot
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Shark Bait (Grab Your Pole, #1)
  • Eversea (Butler Cove, #1)
  • Rock and Roll Never Forgets (Rock and Roll Trilogy, #1)
  • Pieces of Lies (Pieces of Lies, #1)
  • Not Today, But Someday (Emi Lost & Found, #0.5)
  • Emancipating Andie
  • Recovery (Mending Hearts, #1.5)
  • HDU (HDU, #1)
  • Darkness Before Dawn (Darkness, #2)
  • Champagne Toast (Love of My Life, #2)
  • Scornfully Yours (Torn, #1)
  • Present Perfect (Perfect, #1)
  • Ambrosia (Book Boyfriend, #2)
  • Sweet Thing (Sweet Thing, #1)
  • Going Under
  • Fight or Flight (Fight or Flight, #1)
T. Torrest is a romance and chick-lit author from the U.S.; her alter ego writes eroticomedy under the name T. Torrid. Her stories are geared toward readers of any age that know how to enjoy a good laugh and a dreamy romance.

Ms. Torrest was a child of the eighties, but has since traded in her Rubik's cube for a laptop and her Catholic school uniform for a comfy pair of yoga pants. She's a pop-cul

Remember Trilogy (4 books)
  • Remember When 2: The Sequel (Remember Trilogy, #2)
  • Remember When 3: The Finale (Remember Trilogy, #3)
  • TRIP
“You're beautiful. The kind of beautiful that doesn't go away. Do you even know how beautiful you are? Christ. Stop looking at me! Killing me. Do you know what that does to me? Seeing you look at me like you're half in love with me? Are you? If I write it does it make it true? So let it be written, so let it be done.” 49 likes
“Are you there, God? It's me, Layla. I know I just jerked off some guy who is not even my boyfriend in the bathroom of this crappy, brown house. But if you could find a way to kill me quickly and painlessly within the next ten seconds, I promise to never touch another penis again. Well, I'll be dead, so, I guess I promise not to whore it up in heaven. Which, of course is where you'll be sending me, right? I mean I'd hate to think you'd deny me an eternity behind your pearly gates just because of one impetuous handjob. Thank you. Sincerely, Layla Warren. Amen.” 41 likes