Jump to ratings and reviews
The war in Hagwood has begun. The ruthless Faerie Queen of Hallow Hill fights not only for her own immortality and her iron rule over Hagwood, but to serve her more far-reaching ambition: to conquer every corner of the known world. While the enchanted casket that holds the Queen’s mortal heart has been found, the golden key that can unlock it has been lost. If the Queen gains possession of the golden key, none will be able to oppose her.   The Queen’s dark armies rise up in battle against her long-exiled sister, joined together with the diminutive werlings against the forces of evil. Vastly outnumbered, they fight in hope of a miracle. Gamaliel, always the reluctant hero, is chosen for a special destiny, but at a cost. As lives are lost and a bloody battle rages, the question remains: Who will survive the war in Hagwood?

310 pages, Paperback

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Robin Jarvis

48 books222 followers
Robin Jarvis (born May 8, 1963) is a British children's novelist, who writes fantasy novels, often about anthropomorphic rodents and small mammals—especially mice—and Tudor times. A lot of his works are based in London, in and around Deptford and Greenwich where he used to live, or in Whitby.

His first novel—The Dark Portal, featuring the popular Deptford Mice—was the runner up for the Smarties book prize in 1989.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
Displaying 1 - 3 of 3 reviews
Profile Image for Zane.
46 reviews
December 27, 2019
Great end to a wonderful trilogy. Robin Jarvis always delivers.

Only issue is with the publishers, who didn't provide the space needed for the book to end properly. I mean I can use context clues and guess the ending, but I honestly hope there wasn't any more to it than word and a half (yes, the publisher somehow thought that having the book end with only half of a word was okay) that I believe would have finished the story off nicely. But unless they do another run and pay more attention and do a slightly better job, I'll never know.

The writing, however, is gorgeous, full of tactile description and suspense, and I have no qualms with either that or the story. Just the freaking publisher and their lack of proof-reading.
Displaying 1 - 3 of 3 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.