Start by marking “Hearts In Exile (Tallenmere, #3)” as Want to Read:
Hearts In Exile (Tallenmere, #3)

Hearts In Exile

(Tallenmere #3)

In Tallenmere, fate has a way of catching up with you...

Somewhere, hidden in the waters of the Southern Sea, lies an island unlike any other. Within the amber glow of its pyrogem-laden cliffs, legend says the very heart of the dragon god Drae keeps the island, and its occupants, alive.

Loralee Munroviel, daughter of Leogard's High Priestess Arianne, had no idea what she wo
Published June 13th 2013 by Melange Books (first published May 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Hearts In Exile, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hearts In Exile

Start your review of Hearts In Exile (Tallenmere, #3)
Dan Wright
May 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
I’m always excited to be handed a new novel by author Mysti Parker for review purposes. The Tallenmere series is one of my favourite Fantasy book series and I’m always excited to hear that a new novel is coming out. And I was especially pleased to hear that dragons and paladins would be involved in this one!

Hearts in Exile follows the love story of Loralee Munroviel, a daughter of a High Priestess – who, through no fault of her own becomes a Dragon Keeper and Igrorio Everlyn, AKA Sir Robert, a P
Christina M Condy
WOW!!!! Okay now that I have that one word out, I have to say that this installment in the Tallenmere Series is just tremendous! I think Mysti Parker just keeps getting better.

Now I will be honest I enjoyed book 1 "A Ranger's Tale" but it wasn't something that I would read again. In book 2 "Serenya's Song" I was sucked into the world a bit more. But this book, this book not only sucked me in, it kept me up late into the night reading. And I must say that Mysti Parker has indeed struck that glori
Nara
Jul 23, 2013 rated it liked it
This is half of a review that I did with my co-blogger. Full review is here.

Hearts in Exile was quite a good book. Well written, interesting characters and amazing world building. I'm tackling plot and world building in my section of the review, so here goes:

World Building
I really think that the best thing about this novel was the world building (yep, it was better than the romance). World building can really make or break a novel, and it's just so important in high fantasy novels. Parker really
Jeannie
May 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I had planned on finishing this book over the weekend, but I couldn't do it. After reading the Tallenmere novels back to back, and knowing I had to wait a while for another Tallenmere novel, I wanted to savor it. Mysti Parker did an excellent job with building tension, creating characters you fall in love with, and vivid imagery. This book has zombies, vampires, dragons, and more. It is ultimately a love story between Loralee and Igrorio (sir Robert). I was routing for them to be together the wh ...more
Kathleen
Apr 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
One of the ways I judge a book is by how long it stays with me after I'm done. This one's still hanging on after 3 or 4 days. That, in and of itself, is impressive!

Mysti's story telling skills have tripled with each new book, and Hearts in Exile is no exception. I nearly stayed up all night reading it - to me, that's always a strong recommendation.

Note that I read a pre-edit version - I am relatively certain I will be coming back to re-rate this book a 5. I rarely reread books, but I'm looking
Mysti Parker
Apr 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I wrote it, and I like it. :)
Charlie
Jan 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the Tallenmere series, but the first two are not pre-requisites. The second and third books are like spin-offs, so you won’t miss out on anything you really need to know. The novel starts in the present, and then goes back in time to the reason why Igrorio comes to the Temple. The novel follows this time until present time.

How do you thank someone who saves your life when you’re not sure if you want to live?

I adore this book. It is a wonderful story, and well written. I
Lola
I got a copy for review in exchange of an honest review

The blurb was what made me to decide to accept this book for review. It sounded like a book I would like to read. I was a bit hesitant because the title mentioned this was the 3rd book in this series, after reading it I can confirm that you don’t need to have read the first 2 books to enjoy and understand this book. Although after reading Hearts In Exile I also want to read those first 2 books!

Hearts in Exile is a story driven book, the stor
zapkode
Nov 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
{My Thoughts} – Loralee and Igrorio are in love and have been in love since the first day that met. That is abundantly apparent as you read through the pages of this book.

Loralee met Igrorio the night he was meant to die, because her mother didn’t think that he was worth healing because she figured the poor lass was too far gone. He had endured being attacked by his father both verbally and physically, watching his father take his own life and nearly burning to death in his childhood home. His f
Tribala
Hearts in Exile
Once again Ms Parker has woven a beautiful tale about the world of Tallenmare. This time focusing on two lovers who seem to never be able to get together. Igrorio and Loralee fell in love as children. Though social rules kept them apart for years, they never lost their love for eachother. As Loralee grew into a formidable priestess, Igrorio became Captain of the Seventh Unit... A powerful Palidin warrior. Just when they thought they could finally be together, jealousy and hate st
Vonnie
Sep 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was hesitant at first to read this book because it was the third book in the series and I have not read the first two books. The blurb caught my interest so I agreed to review it. Luckily, the book read as a stand-alone and I was not confused to the world that it described. I enjoyed the story very much that I am now interested in reading the earlier books in the series.

The world that Mysti created was quite interesting. This was an elven world where the elves lived the lives similar to human
Jessica Jesinghaus
Check out this review, and many more, on my blog https://jessjesinghaus.wordpress.com

As the third book I've read and reviewed in Ms. Parker's Tallenmere series, I was chomping at the bit to get started with this one. I love, love, loved the first two installments and couldn't wait to immerse myself once again in her world. Although not my fave in the series, this book was still wonderful.

The story starts off about ten years before events in "Serenya's Song" (reading the first two books is not a
A.E. Curzon
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Hearts in Exile is a story spanning sixty years, involving paladins, elves, necromancers, gods and dwarves, to name but a few. The two main protagonists, Sir Robert (Igrorio Everlyn ) and Loralee Munroviel, daughter of a High Priestess, are two young people who fall desperately and deeply in love only to be separated for ten long years, neither knowing where the other is. Loralee is banished to an island to be a Dragon Keeper with only the company of dragons and a pet snippet called Puddle. Sir ...more
Jenny Twist
Sep 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loralee Munroviel, daughter of Leogard's High Priestess Arianne, has been in love with Igrorio ever since she found him horribly injured and left to die. She nursed him back to life and sanity and became his dearest friend. Neither admits their love to the other, but each secretly harbours a dream that they will be married one day. But in Tallenmere the daughter of a priestess cannot choose. She must accept her parents’ choice.
In this third story set in Tallenmere we meet an almost entirely new
Jonel
Jul 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
“You’re so damn beautiful” may be the main character’s favorite sentence, but it also describes this novel brilliantly.

Parker uses the same vivid writing style that we’ve seen throughout the Tallenmere series to show her readers some of the furthest reaches of this world. She keeps you captivated as you live the story right alongside the characters. The various creatures of Tallenmere are developed much more fully in this installment of the series. Creatures that were spoken of in the first two
Stefanie Pristavu
Apr 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So, I got this book and read it and it was... really, really good. Mysti keeps getting better with each book in the series (so I can't wait for the next one)

Right, Hearts in Exile follows the lives of sir Robert and Loralee.

First off, I loved Loralee. She made so much sense to me - there wasn't one moment when I didn't agree with her or cringed at her. Even when she made mistakes, I totally got where it came from. She was a strong, fair, loyal, brave character.

Igrorio was mostly likable as well.
Cassandra-anne Delorie
Oct 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
***THIS BOOK WAS GIVEN TO ME IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW***
***Contains graphic sex and language. Not for young readers***
***Cassandra Delorie #NerdGirlLola’s Review***

Let me start off by saying that yes this is the 3rd book in the Tallenmere series but it is completely stand alone. I repeat you do not have to have read either one of the 2 previous books to understand this one. That being said I will begin my review.

This book is completely spellbinding. It took a few chapters but once I w
Tracy Hanson
Jul 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Although this is Book 3 it is easy to understand and you don't have to have read the first 2 to enjoy it. Saying that, I would definitely recommend the first 2 (even out of order). The world that Mysti has created is easy to understand and very interesting. Elves live in a world very much like humans with the same emotions although some elves have powers and all elves live longer. Some parts of the book made me think just how mortal the elves were (especially one part). I enjoyed the addition of ...more
Cindy
Apr 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Hearts in Exile follows the story of Sir Robert, the Paladin who we meet briefly in "A Ranger's Tale," and get to know more fully in "Serenya's Song." Although this book is the third in the series, it serves just as easily as a stand alone book, with nice but brief references to characters and events from the first two novels.

The book starts in the present day with a shipwreck leading to a reunion. But almost immediately the reader is sent back over six decades to learn the back story of the two
Kendra
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book in the Tallenmere series! I love this series!
This book takes us through the lives, past and present, of Sir Robert and the daughter of the High Priestess, Loralee. Thought to be dead, but actually exiled to a hidden island, Loralee is now the keeper of the dragons, thought to be extinct. Without a keeper on the island, the dragons will eventually die, and Loralee is one of very few people, the only one they currently know of, with the keeper's mark.
Lots of betrayal, hidden
Nancy Steinle gummel
Hearts in Exile by Mysti Parker was gifted to me by the author for an honest opinion. Sir Robert (Igrorio Everlyn) was told the love of his life, Loralee had died. Her family grieved, Igrorio never got over it. Returning from a mission ten years later, he is shipwrecked and lands on an island. He wakens to Loralee. He believes he died. When Loralee kisses him re realizes he's alive. He has questions. How did she come to be on this island. Where are hey. As he discovers she's the dragon keeper an ...more
Tori Ridgewood
Apr 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
There is so very, very much to love about this book. Mysti Parker has outdone herself with this tale of love lost and found again, tragedy and courage, hope and ruin. The characters are beautifully written, and I fell right into the setting. It was difficult to pull myself out of Tallenmere and go to work; I wanted to devour this book whole in a single reading. There are echoes of Tolkien, "The Princess Bride", and "The Tempest" in this work. It is a romance / fantasy of the highest calibre. Whi ...more
Petula
Aug 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a magical romance, with some beautiful and fierce dragons. It is the 3rd in a series but you can read this without spoiling the first two for yourself.
This follows the lives of Loralee, eldest daughter of the high priestess and Sir Robert orphan boy grown into a holy warrior. They have a lot to learn about their duty and each other. Tallenmere is a world where Elves are royalty . There are all sorts of creatures that live alongside humans. They battle with magic as well as swords. The e
Ruth Hartman
Sep 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Enchanting World September 23, 2013

In the third book of the Tallenmere series, Loralee and Igrorio are soul mates who are torn apart and must go through several trials and decades to be together. Elves, dragons, and a cute Snippet named Puddle are main characters. Mysti Parker is a master of description in both the characters thoughts and feelings and in the world she has created for them. The first two books in the series are wonderful, but don't have to be read first in order to enjoy the th
Leila Smith
Apr 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is another excellent book by Mysti Parker! Third in the Tallenmere series, this work is the story of the life and enduring romance of Loralee Munroviel and Igrorio Everlyn as they battle together to find their way to each other after betrayal tears them apart. Overcoming tragedy and adversaries, their tale is certain to delight those who enjoy both romance and fantasy and I heartily recommend this work.
Monica
Jun 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Love, war, magic, healing, politics, adultery, insanity, dark magic, love, family, and finding bone's purpose ...what more is there?

A beautiful and not overly complicated narrative weaves together the lives of our two main characters, their families, and journeys while adding mystery. The characters are authentic for their reality, flawed, compassionate, and colorful.

Overall, an enchanting read.
Mark
Jun 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
From the moment I started this I felt I'd enjoy it. I wasn't wrong. This is a fantastic story about romance, vampires, dragons. Clearly worth five stars and the time. Now I look forward to reading more of Mysti Parkers books.
Melannie
Oct 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mysti Parker keeps getting better!

Igrorio (Sir Robert) and Loralee's story is beautiful, magical, and full of adventure. You don't want to miss it. Every book in this series has been even better than the last. I'm ready for book 4!
Joyce Hertzoff
May 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This might be the best story in the romantic fantasy Tallenmere series. The combination of star-crossed lovers and dragons can't be beat.
Emily
Oct 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Possibly my favourite of the series so far, although that's a very difficult choice to make! Now hurry up and gimme number 4!!! Love you, Mysti!
Mysti Parker is an award-winning author and shameless chocoholic. She writes romance for every reader's taste from super sweet to scandalously spicy. When she's not writing the next best-story-ever or tackling the endless mountain of laundry, she works as a freelance copywriter and editor. Mysti resides in Louisville, Kentucky with her husband, three children and too many pets.

Tallenmere (3 books)
  • A Ranger's Tale (Tallenmere, #1)
  • Serenya's Song (Tallenmere, #2)

News & Interviews