Start by marking “Plotting to Win” as Want to Read:
Plotting to Win

Plotting to Win

In New York City, seven writers compete for a hundred thousand dollars, a publishing contract with Bright House, and the title of the next bestseller. One is Felicity James. One is Victor Guzman.

Drama, plagiarism, and trash talk play out to enthralled audiences across the country as all seven contestants compete against each other in a range of heated challenges, with
Published June 1st 2013 by Escape Publishing - Harlequin Enterprises, Australia Pty Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Plotting to Win, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Plotting to Win

Start your review of Plotting to Win
Cari Sury (Girl+Book Love Blog)
**See more of my reviews at www.girlbooklove.wordpress.com!

Plotting to Win is about a reality show centered around finding The Next Bestseller! In the world today, I’d much prefer a show about authors than to watch shows like Toddlers and Tiaras, so kudos on the idea!

I think this book was cute; an easy read and had a sweet ending. I don’t think it was quite the vicious battle for fame that the story description plays it up as. Sure, there are a few contestants who sneak around, steal ideas and
Michelle Cornwell-Jordan
Jun 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Plotting To Win was one of the titles that I knew when it was first released would be on my read now list! The concept of a reality show for writers?! Come on, as a writer how could I not be drawn in from the concept alone:) Author Tara Chevrestt did an excellent job of setting up the world for Felicity James and Victor Guzman. Both characters are intent and focused on winning the $100,000 prize that is being offered by the reality show " The Next Best Seller!" Each have their own personal ...more
Anna
Jul 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
What drew me in was that it had to do with writing, to be honest, but it was actually a good book. I didn't enjoy the amount of crude language it had (it had a lot of swearing, and a bit about Victor and his...ahem. Thing.)
A lot of other competitors annoyed me. Tiffani, Dez, Carmen.
Tiffani was an erotica writer, and wanted to push it into Felicity's genre, romance. I thought she didn't play fair, and she got what she deserved in the end.
Dez just seemed dumb to me.
And Carmen was just plain
Lorraine Nelson
Apr 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I had the opportunity to read this book before publication and found it amazing. The plot is unique and the characters fully developed. Competition is fierce and romance is in the wings. Will it fly out the window as the contest progresses, or is it the beginning of so much more for Felicity and Victor? Can't say anymore as I hate spoilers. Just know that I thoroughly enjoyed this story. Well done, Tara.
Kendall Talbot
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Plotting to Win is based around a game show for writers. It's a very interesting concept and I'm surprised no-one has done this before. The author had me hooked from the first page. The characters were realistic and kept true to form throughout. It's easy to imagine this being made into a real TV game show. Plotting to Win was a great holiday read and I'm glad I bought it. Cheers
Sophia
Not being a huge fan of reality TV in no way prevented me from being intrigued by the idea of a story set against that backdrop. And why? Because the 'actors'/characters were writers of course. I found the whole experience, right from the first page, like getting an insider's guide into writers and a romance all wrapped up into one delicious treat.

The story begins when the last contestant, the heroine, Felicity James, steps out of her cab in NYC to join her fellow contestants and enter the
Pretty Sassy Cool
3 stars.

The idea behind Plotting to Win by Tara Chevrestt is pure genius--a reality show based on authors competing for a publishing contract, money, and critiques from some of the hottest names in the book industry.

Our heroine, Felicity James, is a romance writer looking for her big break rather than love when she meets crime-writer Victor Guzman. Still, she can't help but notice him, in spite of his bad attitude right from the beginning.
With his short dark hair, olive skin, and perfectly
Kassiah
3 stars.

This review is also posted on Steamy Guys After Dark, along with a giveaway.

Lauren K
Jun 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
In Tara Chevrestt’s novel Plotting to Win, she draws from the dramas of reality television to create a unique romance novel set in New York City. Felicity James is one of seven writers who have been selected to compete for a hundred thousand dollars and a publishing contract with Bright House. She’s up against some talented writers, some of who will do anything to win. Handsome Latino Victor Guzman is one of those contestants who has a very personal reason for winning the bestseller title and ...more
Laura DeLuca
Apr 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It's not easy to give contemporary romance a fresh voice, but Tara Chevrestt has managed to do just that with her new novel, Plotting to Win. The story centers around the two main characters, Felicity and Victor, who are vying against a group of other would-be authors in a TV reality show for the title of "The Next Best Seller" and the $100,000 grand prize. The contestants have to go through challenges they never expected, like creating cover art and marketing, and learn there is a lot more to ...more
Crystal
Apr 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I had the pleasure of reading Plotting to Win while on vacation. You know how there's always a lot of down time during a trip? Like on the plane, during layovers, or waiting for everyone in your group to get ready to go? Yeah, well I found myself groaning when that down time would come to an end and I had to put my Kindle down and have "fun". I finished it in three days, but it would've been sooner if my pesky cruise hadn't gotten in the way, LOL. ;-)

I LOVED this book!

Tara Chevrestt did an
Beth Fred
Aug 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
I think what I liked most about this novel was the concept. I've said for years I wish there was an American Idol for writers and that's exactly what Plotting To Win is. I think it's closer to America's Next Top Model, but still I loved that. The voice took me a minute to get used to, but once I did it was a pretty smooth read. I loved the descriptions of the writing cave and some of the challenges the contestants had to go through. But sometimes I thought people who were chosen as contestants ...more
Michela Walters
Apr 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Thanks to NetGalley for an ARC copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Plotting to Win tells the tale of a group of hopeful authors competing in a reality show where the winner will get a one hundred thousand dollar publishing contract for The Next Bestseller.

Meet Felicity James and Victor Guzman, two of the seven competitors vying for the big prize. Victor and Felicity have on and off screen chemistry that brings big ratings for the show. They each have their own reasons for
M.A. Grant
Jun 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Plotting to Win was a fun read, and one that kept my attention throughout. The premise of writers completing in a reality show was original; as a writer, I was most curious how it would be possible to create the diverse cast needed to make the plot of this story work. The cast of characters didn't disappoint me. Different writers played into the stereotypes reality TV shows perpetuate, I genuinely rooted for a few, and the villains did their parts admirably. The romance between the h/H developed ...more
Erik Schubach
Jun 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The author did an excellent job of demonstrating that it is truly the little things that romance is built upon rather than the grand gestures. All it took for Felicity to overlook Victor's pompous attitude and smug demeanor was for him to help her out when it didn't have any apparent benefit to him.

Then it was on to my favorite part of any romance... the misunderstandings and miscommunication. They can be fun or tragic and sometimes both as this book shows us.

The concept of a reality show based
Molly
Jul 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Had a hard time putting this down! Excellent premise, an author's reality show, and loved the challenges and the way the 7 writers interacted:) Plus, a wonderful love story evolves:) Definite Recommended Read!
Angie Mroczka
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Seriously, this should be required reading for all authors looking to get published.

Longer review to come!
Beverly E Crradi
Aug 03, 2016
Courtney
May 04, 2013
Tara Chevrestt is a deaf woman, aviation mechanic, and dog mom. She loves vintage clothes and period dramas and wishes she could time travel. You’ll never see her without her Kindle or a book within reach. As a child, she would often take a flashlight under the covers to finish the recent Nancy Drew novel when she was supposed to be sleeping.

She no longer writes books, but you can still read her