Start by marking “Fatal Inheritance” as Want to Read:
Fatal Inheritance

Fatal Inheritance

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  127 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
"YOU DON'T BELONG HERE."

Someone wants to stop Becki Graw from claiming her inheritance. Police officer Joshua Rayne is just as determined to keep his beautiful neighbor safe. She may not be the tomboy Josh remembers, but she's just as stubborn. Becki is intent on keeping her grandparents' remote farmhouse—no matter the danger. Becki's feelings for her childhood crush may
Published August 6th 2013 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Fatal Inheritance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fatal Inheritance

Sandra
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Heroine Becki Graw inherits her late Grandparents' farmhouse. When she arrives at the house and starts to settle in she is attacked in the barn, she receives a note saying "you don't belong here", accidents happen with the house and the car, she receives strange phone calls... It seems like someone is trying to get Becki to leave her new home. An old friend and neighbor (hero Joshua Rayne, who is a police officer) helps Becki try to find out who is behind all this.

This was a fast-paced, action-f
Pamela
Every book I've read by Sandra Orchard has been so good. Fatal inheritance had me stumped all through the book. I would think it was this person then I would think it was someone else trying to find the stolen jewels. Very pleased with the ending of this book.
Now I need to read another book by Sandra Orchard!
Cheryl
Jul 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All Becki Graw wanted was to settle in at her grandparents' farmhouse which was her inheritance,but from the beginning it's obvious someone is out to foil her plans.
This is a fantastic read which holds your attention waiting for the next event and to keep trying to figure out who is the culprit. It is full of emotions which make you feel that much closer to the characters,plus has 2 great dogs who I really loved in the story.
If you want a great read for this part of summer,pick up a copy of t
Harlequin Books
"The suspense is laced with the right amount of romance to keep readers thoroughly engaged throughout this fantastic novel. The characters take the reader on a ride through a number of detours and surprises to discover God working behind the scenes." RT Book Reviews, rated 4 1/2 stars
Harlequin Books
Received 4 1/2 stars @ RT Book Reviews
Bonnie Drummond
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: harlequin
Fatal Inheritance by: Sandra Orchard will have you pulling your hair out because of how fast it goes. And Inheritance that has a person killing a couple and attempting to make Becki Graw leave her Grandparents home. But she is a very determine person to stay so her child hood friend Joshua Rayne a very Handsome Police Officer will risk every thing to keep her safe and find out who killed her Grandparents and who is trying to do her in as well and all the time trying not to fall in love with her ...more
Sharon
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First book I've read by author Sandra Orchard, but won't be my last. Drawn by the beautiful front cover and intriguing title, I picked up this book and was captured from the first page. No waiting on the suspense! I really loved the two main characters, Bec and Josh and felt they had great chemistry. Wonderful little book--easy reading but with lots of suspense and sweet romance.
Jamey
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Light mystery, light romance, no crass language, no detailed romance scenes, just over 200 pages. Good story, quick read. Perfect for in between the more heavy duty reading.
Sharon
Nov 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a delightful book to read. It emphasizes in a gentle way the values of integrity, strength, confidence, honesty, respect and love.

In the book there was the following reference to sunsets which to me summed up this novel.

"A pleasant place that allows our memories to whisper through our thoughts and to think of those people throughout our lives who became part of what has become your sphere of influence. Sunsets are a chosen time of reflection as God works behind the scenes in ways we can
Katrina Epperson
Sep 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Becki Graw was a young woman who had a lot of uncertainty in her life. The one constant was her grandparents, but now that she had lost them, her decision to break up with her boyfriend, Neil, and move to their farm was an easy decision. She had inherited the farm while her sister, Sarah, had inherited all the liquid assets. Sarah wanted her to see the farm, but Becki was determined to hold on to it. What better way to prove she wasn't selling than to live there. The only problem she could think ...more
Kim
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Becki Graw has just inherited her beloved grandparents’ home, but someone doesn’t want her to take possession. Her neighbor, police officer Joshua Rayne, is keeping an eye on Bec and trying to figure out who is behind the threats against her. Mix in an old antique car and a jewelry theft and you have the makings of a great suspense story.
Diana Nagy
Poor Becki! What is the problem here? Why do people seem like they want to prevent her from claiming her inheritance? You don't realize just how much her inheritance could be until it later comes out...the truth. This is an excellent book. I can always get right into a Harlequin intrigue but this was a Love Inspired Suspense book and it turned out just as good as all of the Harlequin Intrigue Books I've read...if not better! This was a fast, quick read. It was so entertaining and I couldn't put ...more
June
Nov 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Pretty intense.

When her grandparents died and left their house to Becki, she decided to leave her job and the city and move back to the only place she ever felt loved.

She also returned to Josh, her childhood crush who is now a police officer and there to protect her at every turn. Which is a good thing because a lot of things start to happen, starting with a note in the mailbox before she even gets to the house. Who is causing all the problems? Is it her sister who wants her to sell and s
May 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book! I couldn't put it down, and then I was sad when it was over. Becki moves to the farm after she inherits it due to her grandparents' deaths. Josh grew up next door, and Becki had a pre-teen crush on him when she spent her summers there. Now he's a tender-hearted police officer determined to protect Becki and solve the crimes against her and the farm. Josh is just so likeable with his habit of rehabilitating injured animals and his love of restoring classic cars. Great ...more
Jill
Aug 28, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love Inspired Suspense Becki has inherited her grandparents old farm house that she has always loved. She and her sister use to spend summers at the farm. Someone doesn't want Becki to stay there. Josh, A police man/neighbor/childhood crush still lives on what is left of his parents farm. He helps her discover the reason she isn't wanted to have the home! Saving her life several times.

book loaned to me by Sylvia.
Alexa Verde
Mar 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Becki Graw inherited the farm from her grandparents, and she is determined to hold on to this legacy from two people she adored. When it is clear that somebody is out to get her, her neighbor, police officer Joshua Rayne steps in to protect her. Together, they fight danger as well as growing feelings for each other. I liked the antique car angle, which added a fresh twist to the mystery.
JaneReads
Sep 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2013
I really enjoyed this book. I was sucked in to the mystery of who was causing all the trouble right from the beginning and it kept me guessing all the way through. When it was revealed who was behind it all I was surprised. I had suspected he was guilty of something, but didn't think it was what it was. I look forward to reading more from Sandra.
Betti
Oct 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A most enjoyable read! Starting with a cryptic note 'You don't belong here', the author continues with the heroine receiving a blow to her head leaving her lying in the dark. The suspense continues as you wonder how the choices made will affect Becki and those around her.
Joanne
Sep 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Becki has received her Grandparents home as her inheritance but someone is trying to stop her from obtaining it.

fortunately her neighbor and childhood friend is a police officer who helps her thru the threats against her.
Joanie
Aug 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Becky inherited her grandparents house but with it came pure turmoil. She got hit in the head in the barn, things were happening to her, and nothing added up. I thought this read was quick but also one that kept you wondering almost to the end!
Lisa
Aug 09, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Becki Graw's grandparents pass away, she decides to return to the one place she only remembers happiness. Her grandparents leave her their home where she loved being as a child. Everything goes down hill from the first day, except when she meets up with her childhood friend, Josh Rayne.
Stacy Mar
Jun 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book read fairly quickly and there was enough suspense to keep a decent flow. If you enjoy romance novels with a little bit of mystery, I’d recommend this read. However, it doesn’t have much gothic-related overtones, other than the country house in an isolated area.
Victoria
This book starts off slow, but starts to get interesting towards the middle. All in all it was a good mystery book and a pretty quick read.
Lesley
Jun 18, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
good mystery - easy reading.
Jeanie
Dec 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very well written, excellent characters, mystery, and Christian theme. Hope to see many more by this author! Highly recommend!
Jacquie
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Who knew inheriting a new house would become so scary? I honestly have to say I was a little shocked about who was after the jewels and had me guessing the wrong person through most of the book.
Mae
Very sweet, clean romantic mystery!
Kim
I enjoyed this book very much.
Christine Frazier
Feb 28, 2016
Cindy Caines
Nov 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Love Inspired Books: Giveaway 1 8 Sep 07, 2013 12:04PM
  • SEAL Under Siege (Men of Valor #2)
  • Shock Wave (Stormswept, #1)
  • Royal Heist (Protecting The Crown #3)
  • Key Witness (The Security Experts #1)
  • Hide and Seek
  • No Way Out (The Justice Agency, #3)
  • The Cowboy Target (Protection Specialists, #4)
  • Protecting Her Own (Guardians, Inc., #2)
  • Lone Star Protector (Texas K-9 Unit #6)
  • Defender for Hire (Heroes for Hire, #9)
  • Torn Loyalties (Lost-Inc., #3)
  • Riptide
  • Explosive Secrets (Texas K-9 Unit #4)
  • Danger in the Shadows / The Negotiator / True Devotion (O'Malley #0.5-1)  (Uncommon Heroes #1)
  • Plain Pursuit
Sandra leaps off the garden trails of her herbal-researcher-turned-amateur-sleuth (Port Aster Secrets) series, to the museum corridors of her plucky FBI art crime agent Serena Jones, in A Fool and His Monet.

When not plotting crimes, Sandra plays make-believe with her grandchildren or hikes with her hubby along the escarpment, near their home in Niagara, Canada.

Her novels have garnered numerous a
More about Sandra Orchard...