Start by marking “Fuzzy Fuzzy Fuzzy!: a touch, skritch, & tickle book” as Want to Read:
Fuzzy Fuzzy Fuzzy!: a touch, skritch, & tickle book

Fuzzy Fuzzy Fuzzy!: a touch, skritch, & tickle book

COW Tousle her fuzzy blue hair.

Rub her fuzzy pink nose.

PUPPY

Skritch the rough brown pad of his paw.

PIGGY

Stroke her smooth pink snout.

Touch her cool green glasses.

TURKEY

Feel his bumpy red wattle.

DUCK

Tickle her soft white tummy.

and 2 BIRDIES

The blue one is crabby.

The yellow one is happy.

Open the eggs to see what these guys say....
Board Book, 12 pages
Published September 1st 2003 by Little Simon

To ask other readers questions about Fuzzy Fuzzy Fuzzy!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fuzzy Fuzzy Fuzzy!

Karen
Dec 13, 2016 Karen rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s
Simple, short, textures book.
Amberly
May 20, 2013 Amberly rated it really liked it
Shelves: board-books
I was expecting a traditionally sized board book when I ordered this. It is quite large - maybe 8" by 8". The pages are very simple. There is no story. Each page has one area that has a cool texture. One of my favorite texture books for my baby. He loves it. The last page has two eggs that are cracked - they are really flaps that lift at the crack. He especially loves this page. I laugh every time we get to the dog page because the texture is 'rough, rough, rough' and he has sand paper in his pa ...more
Connie
Aug 09, 2008 Connie rated it liked it
Good first touchy-feely book.

It's a little large, so it's great for lapsitters; there isn't too much in the way of vocabulary to muck things up; and the textures are varied.

But it's the sort of book that babies and toddlers will tire of quickly, and yes, the two flaps on the back *will* get torn off, so it has to be a supervised book.

For more long-term use, I'd suggest the "That's Not My..." series.
jacky
Oct 20, 2012 jacky rated it really liked it
Simple touch-and-feel book featuring Boynton's animal characters. Natalie made me read it at least three times in a row, and William was the same when he saw it. Natalie liked the soft patch the best, and the eggs at the end, though she did touch everything every time. William started to say the names of the textures, especially bumpy. Nice variety in textures; bugs me when a touch-and-feel book has only a couple similar textures.
Samantha Penrose
Jul 06, 2008 Samantha Penrose rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-books
Its fun to touch and feel!
This book helps a parent out by supplying the correct words to describe the various textures that you will experience. (Fuzzy, rough, smooth, bumpy, and incredibly soft.)
The last page was always annoying to me...it has 2 flaps to lift instead of something to touch and feel...it just doesnt seem to fit in with the book...read it and you will see why.--still a great touch and feel choice!
Robert Beveridge
Jan 05, 2013 Robert Beveridge rated it liked it
Shelves: finished, cle-pub-lib
Sandra Boynton, Fuzzy Fuzzy Fuzzy!: A Touch, Skritch, and Tickle Book (Simon and Schuster, 2003)

Boynton, the baby's current favorite author, was obviously constrained by the abbreviated length allowed in tactile board books, and this one's pretty lightweight for her. But you can never go wrong with Boynton drawings, and she manages to work in the magic on the final page, with two chicks in fold-up eggs. Worth it, but don't move it up past Boynton's other board books on the priority list. ***
Heather
Dec 01, 2008 Heather rated it really liked it
My little guys love this book. To be honest so do my big guys. It's really a touch-and-feel book so if your kid doesn't like to feel different textures they won't like this book. I'm sure that the library versions can get pretty nappy.

Boynton's drawings are fun as usual and the text is very minimal.

A big thumbs up from my crew.
Wench
Feb 18, 2015 Wench rated it really liked it
Shelves: baby-of-wench, 2015
What I really love about this one is that it *describes* the textures. Because one, I can't always describe the textures in a touch-and-feel book, and two, that's that many new words for the baby to see. Plus there's a couple of unique textures - rough and bumpy. I had to read this to my nine-month-old for about ten minutes straight, so I'd say it's a BIG hit.
Elaine
Mar 26, 2010 Elaine rated it really liked it
Shelves: with-ben
Just read this lovely large book and Ben figured out that the nose of the cow has different - but none of the other noses where different (instead it is the pig's sunglasses or the rooster's waddle etc)- so he kept going for the nose. It will be interesting to see when he figures out the other parts.
Sharon Allen
Sep 26, 2015 Sharon Allen rated it liked it
Shelves: kids-books
My 1 year-old son could read this one all day long. He loves the page with the dog, and the page with the eggs. Although the joy of reading this book has held up for him over weeks, I am so sick of it! He'd rate it a 5, I say 1- compromise of 3.
Robin Rousu
Apr 05, 2014 Robin Rousu rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, board-books
Nice big, very Boynton-y touch n' feel. A little short, but the most well-written touch and feel I have ever experienced. Bonus points for teaching my 1-year-old the phrase "Oh, my!". Highly recommended for ages 0.5-2.
Janelle
Sep 25, 2009 Janelle rated it liked it
Shelves: children, library
A fun exploration of textures for the wee ones. Fuzzy Fuzzy Fuzzy! has pages with things that are fuzzy (obviously), scratchy, smooth, soft, and bumpy. My little man almost loves feeling all the different textures!
Cara Byrne
Jan 21, 2015 Cara Byrne rated it liked it
A larger board book that allows baby to feel different animal's textured wattle or snouts or belly. Sweet, brief, but not compelling to my eight month old who did not want to pet or touch. Perhaps try again when she is older? A library baby story time book.
Rebecca
May 08, 2008 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
This is one of my favorite Boynton books. I love the textures for little hands, and even the tiniest of babies enjoys the repetitive and quick reading on each page. And, you gotta love the "yes" and "no" chicks at the end.
Sadsha
Oct 29, 2015 Sadsha marked it as to-read
pls tell me how to read these books pls help
Samantha
Jul 22, 2012 Samantha rated it it was amazing
Not only do you get fun textures that hold up well, but you also get a decision at the end...what could be better?
Dolly
Jun 28, 2008 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents, reading to their little ones
Shelves: childrens, 2005
Sandra Boynton is a family favorite and our girls just love her illustrations. I love the rhyming narrative and fun characters.
Lorena
Feb 28, 2013 Lorena rated it it was amazing
This is a touchy-feely book that all of my babies have loved. The words are simple and few, so we never tire of it.
Nicole Linder
Oct 13, 2013 Nicole Linder rated it really liked it
A fun interactive book with animals. I had fun reading with the touch of the different animals skins, and fur.
Angela
Aug 09, 2008 Angela rated it it was amazing
This is the best first touch & feel book. Perfect for one year-olds. Sandra Boynton is a genius.
Vanessa Westen
Book with different textures in the pictures for children to feel. They get very into it and insist on reading it again.
Levi
Jul 07, 2012 Levi rated it really liked it
Shelves: board-books
This used to be one of my favorites around 9-12 months. I liked touching all the fun pages.

Dave
Dec 11, 2009 Dave rated it liked it
Cute!
Megan Gery
I love everything Sandra Boynton does, so I'm sure this comes as no surprise... But it's punny!!!
Kathy
Nov 28, 2008 Kathy rated it liked it
Very few words but all my kids enjoy touch and feel books like this one.
Heidi-Marie
Touch-and-Feel Boynton style! Love the dog. Had to literally break-in to the eggs (being the first one to read the book). Too short for my taste, but still fun and with her great illustrations.
Feb 24, 2013 Sarah rated it it was amazing
My baby loooooves this book. She keeps opening it and playing with the different textures. Sandra Boynton is a genius.
Ann
Nov 22, 2016 Ann marked it as to-read
Shelves: 50-books-program
50 Books to Read to Your Baby(2013 Meade Co.)
Amy
Nov 02, 2007 Amy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: n-and-b
Cute and fun for the little ones. My favorite is the pig.
Mandy
Jun 01, 2010 Mandy rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-for-baby
Mason LOVES this book. It is a perfect touch and feel book. We read it at least once a day or any time he can find it.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Read-Aloud Rhymes for the Very Young
  • Don't You Feel Well, Sam?
  • Duck Goes Potty
  • Shhhhh! Everybody's Sleeping
  • I Like It When . . .
  • Alice in Wonderland: A BabyLit® Colors Primer
  • Max's Breakfast
  • Baby Faces (Look Baby! Books)
  • Pantone: Colors
  • The Silver Pony
  • I Spy Little Book
  • Frog Goes to Dinner (A Boy, a Dog, and a Frog)
  • The Everything Book
Sandra Keith Boynton is a popular American humorist, songwriter, children's author and illustrator. Boynton has written and illustrated more than forty books for both children and adults, as well as over four thousand greeting cards, and four music albums. Although she does not license her characters to be redrawn or adapted, she has herself designed—for various companies—calendars, wallpaper, bed ...more
More about Sandra Boynton...