Start by marking “Mastering Redmine” as Want to Read:
Mastering Redmine

Mastering Redmine

A step-by-step tutorial packed with practical examples that cover the different features of Redmine. This book will be especially useful for project managers but it's also intended for any other Redmine users, including developers, and any other industry besides software development.
Published January 20th 2013 by Packt Publishing (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Mastering Redmine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mastering Redmine

Ivan
Mar 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: team managers & members, sys administrators
Mastering Redmine is useful for administrators who want to tune Redmine to the specific needs of their organizations. Almost all aspects of administering are covered. Also, the book is a guide for daily usage for end user. I have used Redmine since October 2010 as an administrator and an user, have collected much experience and nevertheless learned many things.

It would be good idea Mastering Redmine to have new editions when Redmine releases new versions.
Scott
Apr 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Redmine is one of my all time favorite tools for managing programming projects. When Packt Publishing asked if I was interested in reviewing a copy, I jumped at the chance!

Mastering Redmine by Andriy Lesyuk covers the massive amount of functionality provided by Redmine with enough depth to get new users off and managing projects on their own installation. He begins the book with an overview of Redmine and a brief walkthrough of the user interface. This is followed by discussions on the different
İsmail Sezen
Apr 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing

It was a big hole not having a book for such a nice and solid project management system around but finally, first (as far as I know) Redmine book is on the market. Dear Andriy (also owner of a lot of plugins for Redmine and kind person) recently wrote the first book about Redmine. Congratulations again :).

Let me cut short and talk a little bit about the book. I'm Redmine administrator and user for years and I learnt a lot of things about Redmine from blogs, redmine.org, forums etc. But after the

Toby Osbourn
Mar 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
I have to say I wish I had read Mastering Redmine about a year ago when I was setting up my last install of Redmine – the things that I had no idea you could do or the things that I knew were possible but didn’t think were worth the effort are numerous to say the least, this book is a real treasure trove of information.

You really get the sense that this has been written by someone with a strong development background, which for me is great but might leave non-developers confused with some of the
Jascha
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I’ve got this book in my hands by necessity, since Redmine was the choice to manage several important projects I was in. I must admit that Mastering Redmine kept me entertained for some three days, during the daily commute. The eleven chapters cover whatever you need to get started, from installation up to customization, passing through the many flavors of administration.

On the contrary of the most of IT books out there, that come with no images or, worse, with quickly made ugly black and white
Alastair
Apr 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
I set up a Redmine install last year, and generally felt that the whole process was fairly smooth. The few hiccups I did have, however, won't happen again, thanks to Andriy Lesyuk's tremendously useful book!

The book covers everything, from the basics - where he expands on the sparse documentation that exists around installing Redmine and initial settings to look at and change, to the more advanced topics of personalization and customization. Although I took the hard route, by setting Redmine up
Frederico Borelli
Mar 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pdf
Mastering Redmine is a book full of tips and tricks regarding Redmine. It is very useful for people who want to set up Redmine in their organizations, either small or big companies. A lot of customizations are covered along the book.

Since most people use redmine as a Agile Project Management System, i think the book could have given a little more emphasys in this subject. But it is a great book indeed.
Jeff
Oct 08, 2014 rated it did not like it
This is, without a doubt, the worst technical book I have ever read. It is poorly written and nearly technically useless. It is like someone took amateur web documentation and bound it in book form. Don't waste your time or money.
Todd Taylor
Jun 15, 2015 rated it liked it
More info than I'll ever need, but pretty helpful.
Luboš
Sep 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A good documentation of Redmine.
calú