Start by marking “What Noise Does a Rabbit Make?” as Want to Read:
What Noise Does a Rabbit Make?

What Noise Does a Rabbit Make?

As the sun came up - “COCK-A-DOODLE-DO!” - trumpeted the cockerel, and then all at once the farm rang out with the noises of the other animals. Amid the ruckus, Raggety-Taggle quietly nibbled the grass and wondered just what noise does a rabbit make?
Published July 4th 2013 by Andersen (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about What Noise Does a Rabbit Make?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Noise Does a Rabbit Make?

Gina
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
This is okay. After a lot of chaos with lots of farm noises, the rabbit eventually concludes that it is better not to make any noise at all, which kids might enjoy. However, that ignores the foot thumping that plays a key role in the story, and also that rabbits do have some vocalizations, although they would not easily fit into Old MacDonald.
Donna Mork
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Bunny wonders what noise a bunny makes since the farm animals all have their own noises, even the tractor. Turns out, the cat chases him and it causes havoc on the farm. Bunny decides no noise is a good noise.
Kelly
A little rabbit with a lot of relatives is trying to figure out what sound a rabbit makes, after he hears all the sounds that the other farm animals make.
Jc
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The kids love all the animal sounds. And its even more fun when they have to act like those animals as well.
Joella www.cinjoella.com
In this adorable picture book a group of rabbits are out in a field next to a farm. As the farm wakes up for the day the rabbit hears all sorts of noises coming from the animals. However, the rabbit wonders what kind of noise a rabbit would make. The young rabbit then starts “thump-thump-thumpety-thumping” to see if that is the type of noise a rabbit would make. But as the farm’s cat comes along (possibly in response to the rabbit making noise), the rabbit realizes that perhaps being a quiet ani ...more
Kelsey
Age: Toddler-preschool
Animals: Farm, rabbit

As the farm wakes up, noises fill the air. Mooooo! Neeeigh! Woof-Woof! But what sound do I make, wondered the rabbit? As he stomps his foot (thump thump) he doesn't realize that this sound attracts a hungry cat. As the cat chases after the rabbit, the dog chases after the cat, and the rest of the farm animals join in the chase (not sure why they join, though...). A fun exploration of animal noises with a plot.
Karen
Jan 16, 2014 rated it liked it
My five-year-old son picked this book out from the local library this week.

I absolutely, completely adore the bunny end-papers. Um... that is kind of the best part of the book.

The text is OK. The story is so simple that there really isn't one. I had my son make the animal noises so that helped to stay engaged, but nothing was as good as the bunny end-papers.
Amber Cappitte
I got this book at the Youngstown Public library. I saw this book and thought what noise does a rabbit really make. After reading this book I really enjoyed how it taught the readers what nosies other animals make. I also liked how it taught that you don't always have to make a noise to be something special.
Kristine Hansen
Sep 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Cute book, not a lot more to say about it. Expect to make animal noises when reading it (and go all out, and really MAKE those animal noises). Though truth be told, I've heard bunnies make all kinds of noises and not just thumps. Just saying.
Jacki
Oct 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Cute book and fun for storytime, but it implies that the only noise rabbits make is foot-thumping. I used to have two pet bunnies who got into a fight one time, so I can tell you for certain that when they're upset, bunnies make a terrible shrieking noise. They are not silent animals.
Beth Kakuma-Depew
Nov 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013, picture-books
Very cute story with barn yard noises and a fun chase scene at the end. The pictures weren't as cute as Suki the Very Loud Bunny.

Stupid Fox, making music videos on YouTube. What does the Rabbit say? -- that's the real question!
Vicki
Oct 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture
A very cute book, with the age old question (at least for me) in its title. Very colorful illustrations and opportunities for listeners to join in and make animals noises while being read to. The ending, reminds me of the old saying: Silence is golden.....and so is this book.
Catherine
Jun 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of rabbits
Recommended to Catherine by: My mother.
Shelves: 2014-read, reviewed, own, 5star
My mother works in a school library and she recommended that I read this. I read it to my younger sister.

The story was quite lovely. It was about a rabbit who wonders what kind of a noise rabbits make. The illustrations were beautiful and certainly my favourite bit!
Apr 10, 2014 rated it liked it
You'd think that we had enough "animal noises" picture books, but we don't! This one is unique and fun for storytime :)
Beverly
Dec 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pbf-concepts
Very cute, cartooney animals; funny story.
Mandy
Sep 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
(3.5 stars)
Katie
Sep 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Fiction picture book. Appropriate for pre-school storytimes, and interactive - lots of noises!!
Mary
But what does the fox say???
Ama
Mar 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great for a farm storytime!
Gary
Dec 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: storytelling
Not a bad book for storytelling; I had the kids make all the animal noises as we went along.
Kristina Jean Lareau
This is a fun story for a read aloud with the repetive language and colorful illustrations. But as something that is a stand out, this is not one of those books.
Claire
Jul 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2013
This is a delightful book - especially for anyone who likes bunnies. Beautifully illustrated as well.
Mollie B
Aug 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes it's good to blend in
Mary
Jan 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Darling illustrations, reminiscent of Will Hillenbrand.
Kristin Becker