Start by marking “NeverSeconds” as Want to Read:
NeverSeconds

NeverSeconds

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  21 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Martha Payne was just 9 years old when she started NeverSeconds, a simple and honest blog aout her school dinners. Within days the blog had gone viral, becoming one of the biggest news stories of the year.
After 8 million blog hits and a notorious council-led banning, Martha has raised over £120,000 for her favourite charity, Mary's Meals.
Published 2012 by Cargo

To ask other readers questions about NeverSeconds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about NeverSeconds

Christine Blachford
Jan 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is the story of Martha Payne, a young girl who started blogging about her school dinners and created quite the stir as she did so. I had previously heard of the blog, and read a few of the entries, but I was intrigued to hear the story from the family behind it and see what happened in the end.

Written by Martha’s dad in a diary style, with the blog updates slotting in the correct place for good measure, you get the complete picture of where the idea to take photos of those meagre dinners ca
Laura of Lurking
Sep 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I followed the blog of Martha, which this book is about from the very beginning. It was great to see the blog and surrounding publicity from the side of the family. The blog having been written by nine year old Martha it had focused more on the food side. She had often been sheltered from the press and negative feedback so it was interesting to see a behind-the-scenes as it were

The only bad point I had, and maybe this is to do with my kindle fire hd setup, but very few of the blogs photographs a
Li
One of my very few non-fiction (or only?) reads of 2012. If I wanted to be be nit-picky, there could have been a bit more editing and it took me a while to sink into the rhythm of the writing, but Martha's (and her family) story is massively inspiring, and I closed the book mentally cheering them on.

Janet Roberts
Nov 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, and it just shows what even a young child with a very supportive family can achieve. Highly recommended
Isabel
Dec 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great book, couldn't put it down!
Lisa