Start by marking “Let It Go” as Want to Read:
Let It Go

Let It Go

* This edition is no longer available. *
______

When alcohol and fierce tempers land two cowboys from the rodeo circuit under house arrest, it may be time to Let It Go. Can hidden secrets and a common enemy hold the key to happiness or... will they destroy them both?

Creed was the main focus of Eli’s fierce temper. For ten years the two men left a trail of destruction in the
ebook, 1st edition, 205 pages
Published September 24th 2012 by Liquid Silver Books

To ask other readers questions about Let It Go, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Let It Go

Vio
I should have let this go once I realized it was heading down the path of doom and gloom but I was determined to finish and see if the MC's made it through their horrible, disgusting ordeal. Alas they were put through the wringer as I was, pain, pain and more pain. The flashbacks of rape and abuse were horrendous enough, I mean seriously how many times does one need to be tortured and broken? Hello, I got it the first few times why the long drawn out drama? Wrong on so many levels, I hated the w ...more
Gigi

Re-read November 2015: Cried like a fucking BABY during the second read. This one is for those that can handle SEVERE angst. Seriously, it's brutal but so, so worth it.

Holy angst-fest! Hot m/m action I love with extra angst. Loved it!
SheReadsALot
There's a thin line between love & hate...or so they say.

Mercy Celeste - damaged cowboy, enemies to lovers style with a rape-happy villain/creature/twisted fuck. And a ginger MC! And damaged rent boy MC! All the ingredients for a story sandwich with my name all over it!!

Can I say I'm on the fence with rating this? Because I am. I both almost loved and almost hated this story. I might come back and rate this 3 stars. I might come back and rate it 5. Right now it's in the middle with 4. (I'm j
Buda
Oct 02, 2012 rated it it was ok
This could have been great. I loved Creed and Eli and their interaction. However, this is the 3rd of 4 books of Ms Celeste's that I've read which feature gratuitous rape (the others being In from the Cold and Beyond Complicated). It's irresponsible and ridiculous to continue to use this tactic to create an angst-filled past. I'm disappointed in both this talented writer and the publisher for continuing to push these story lines.

And what's with all the dry fucking? Jesus. Either go find some dam
Julio Genao
oh, fuck off with the rapey escandalo already.

i mean, honestly.
Whit
Sep 22, 2012 rated it did not like it
I wanted to like this. I love Behind Iron Lace but despised Beyond Complicated so I thought I'd give this one a try since I love cowboy books and MC can write some damn hot scenes. I've learned my lesson. I will no longer read her stories unless someone I know, who knows me, tells me it's good. This is the third book I've read and the third that has traumatic rape scenes that dominate the book. This one was the worst. Rape flashbacks every twenty pages is not something I want to read about. Espe ...more
Christy
Oct 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
After reading through some of the more negative reviews I have only a few things to say. The entire premise of this book was about pain and redemption. Anyone who thinks that too many scenes of pain, anger, fear and angst is not appropriate in an erotica book needs to stick with the easy romances and leave the tough stuff for the big girls.
This book was wonderful. It was sad, tragic and hopeful.
Jenni Lea
Sep 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ride-em-cowboy
What an incredible story. I was stunned. I was horrified. I was in awe. This story broke my heart.

Read this story, people. Read it.
Karel
Oct 30, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: nomance
Photobucket

Normally I love it - angst, awful pasts, sad broody people... But this book is pushing it too far. I think there's less than thirty pages, tops, in this book where the two MCs are actually happy.

Every other chapter there's a flashback to one of the MCs either being raped, selling themselves, or being beaten into a bloody pulp. Both MCs are scarred all over and there's hardly a single paragraph that goes by where we're not reminded of it.

In fact, all the pain and angst is elaborated on so much
Mandapanda
Aug 05, 2012 rated it did not like it
I've been a big fan of some of this author's other books but this one wasn't for me. I quit at about 70-80%. It starts off ok with a believable enemies-to-lovers theme. But the cowboy clichés are piled on so thick and the scenes/dialogue where (view spoiler).
Simsala
Oct 15, 2012 marked it as dnf
DNF 50%

Usually I wouldn`t touch a Mercy Celeste book with a ten feet pole but I sent Let It Go as a present to a friend who loved Ms Celeste`s first book very much. Well, my friend hated Let It Go - with passion - and I wanted to find out what went so badly wrong....
I`m sorry to say I won`t find out. I was halfway through the story (with help of Skippy) but I couldn`t read on. The writing style made me want to pull out a machine gun....running amok...aaaaaarrrgh!
Totally overblown, stagy, dialogu
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Wow, what a ride. I started out thinking I had a pretty good idea of where this story was going. Boy was I wrong and totally blindsided, over and over again. I will admit to not totally understanding the whole fist fighting business happening every time they saw each other over the years, even after I had an explanation.

Aside from that, this was one gutwrenching story. My heart just broke over and over the more I learned about Eli, and especially Creed's, lives. Eli was physically abused. Creed
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
Mesmerized. I could not look away and I so loved these guys - so imperfect, so damaged, and so lost. I cheered for them and I talked to them and I so wanted it to work. From internal to external pressures these guys kept getting knocked back down but they got up. Sometimes I didn't like them - but I was always feeling for them.

I started this at 10pm and closed the Kindle cover at 1:05am and I'm tired as hell today but I could not put this book down. Not a perfect book - in fact I'm still a bit
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
I really liked this. Lots of angst, yes, which is perfect for me. The premise is ridiculous so I had to suspend disbelief, but once I get there, the book was really good. The men acted like men (complete lack of communication--yes it's a stereotype but it's so true in so many cases) and the MCs were two distinct individuals. I wanted them to be together even if Eli was a total asshole at first. There was lots of danger and peril and OMG HE'S GONNA DIE!! which is my favorite thing ever. I liked t ...more
Cory
Nov 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book hooked me in really early and it was definitely great. Not at all your typical boy meets boy, boy likes boy, boy loves boy, a little bit of angst, boy ends up with boy type of story.

Eli and Creed hate each other so much that trouble occurs whenever they are near each other. Something happens that results in them spending a great deal of time together. And I think we all know where that leads :)

Throughout the story we learn of each of their pasts and some of it is pretty dark. I was roo
Amy
Oct 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, lgbtq
Good lord, this story was all kinds of messed up! Eli and Creed were so damaged, having been subject to years of mental and physical abuse. The further I got into the story, the more my heart broke for these two lost souls. This is NOT a lighthearted read, but I’m so glad I read it. What an amazing story!! Highly recommended.
Susan65
Sep 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Well crap....apparently I forgot to come back and give my review and now I need a reread to actually give a review. **Smacks Self**

It all came back to me without a reread so here goes:

The uncle was a sick fuck!
Steph
Nov 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was everything I was looking for, and so so much more.
I have given it 5 stars because I have nothing negative to say about it. Seriously, not one thing. That doesn't happen to me very often.
I was sucked in right from the very first page, staying up well into the early hours of the morning just to see what would happen next.

The book as a whole was amazing. The writing was fantastic. The pacing was perfect. The characters are likable, lovable even. The settings were great and the auth
Fani *loves angst*
Wow! Seriously wow! I'm speechless.

This was a really intense read with some very heavy angst; not recommended for those faint at heart or who have an issue with child abuse. Because it's pretty brutal, let me tell you that. But if you can stand it, it's also very much worth it.

I had an issue with Sly's role near the end, I never got why he said the things he did to Eli, but that wasn't enough to make it less than excellent for me. In the keeper shelf it goes :)

Debra
Just what I wanted from a Mercy Celeste book. There is a lot going on in this one; an emotional roller coaster with twists, WTF moments, hot sex and romance. This one definitely has a darker edge to it with past and present abuse and a really BAD bad guy. It won't be for everyone, but I'm glad I picked it up.

Lyn
4.5 stars.... (sick fucks should be made to suffer longer and painfully)

I know to expect to be put through an emotional wringer when reading a Mercy Celeste book but, damn, this one was really a doozy! It's going to take a lot of fluffy books to help me deal with what I just read.
Princess Anya
Feb 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-have
I Frickin' Loved this book, I couldn't stop reading it, it was like a roller coaster just when you thought the big hill was over, here comes another one.
Sandra
I think this could have been a higher rating for me if it had just ended at 80%. (view spoiler). It was waaaay more intense emotionally than I had anticipated, so be prepared. Some of the effed up shit had me crying. ...more
Jazzy
May 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-misc
Wow. Let it Go was like a cross between a soap opera and an after school special for adults. I don’t have any triggers (well that’s not entirely true, I don’t have *these* triggers) but it was still exhausting. There was just so much trauma – past and present –loss, sexual abuse, physical abuse, child abuse, rape, assault – it didn’t end. Needless to say both MCs are completely fucked up – it’s kind of a toss up as to who has more and worse issues – Eli or Creed - actually, no it isn’t – Creed w ...more
agirlwithoutwings
3.5 Stars

The hate-love relationship here was astounding, I loved the way the characters were defensive and hostile and at the same time so insecure, and that their relationship started in a kind of dub-con. The first half of the book was surly a five-star read for me, but in the second part things got too dramatic.

My main complaint is that the writer seemed to be stuck in the past life and feelings of the characters more than their present. Even in the first part I perfectly felt it that the MC
KimberlyRose
The first time I picked this book up, I ended up eventually abandoning it before completing it--I just wasn't in the mood for an angst-fest; strike that, an angst-pandemonium! The second time I picked it up? Blazes. From one star to pushin' five stars. Eli and Creed just exploded in a brilliant shower of feelz, all over my face. *wipes sticky face with cloth* These boys took the practical for the "Emotional Intelligence" class and learned the fuck out of it.

The writing is mesmerizing; the charac
Rachel Emily
Gosh, this was a very, very tough book to get through. I'm still not sure I want to rank it 3 stars or what, because emotionally it packed a serious punch and there were a couple of places where I almost didn't finish it because the characters were just tortured so much in the flashbacks to the past. Honestly, if there had been a warning on the site where I bought this book (which I'm almost certain there was not) I don't know if I would have bought it, because there was just too much noncon ele ...more
Sue
Jul 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I finished this story about 15 minutes ago so the emotion is still very raw. WOW! An incredible story. I love my cowboy reads and this is up there with the finest for me. I rode every gut wrenching and heart breaking moment with Creed and Eli. I love it when a writer can insight extreme "feels" for me as a reader - bitter hatred for the bad guy (and I mean wretchedly evil) and overwhelming love and hope for those that are suffering. There are scenes which some will find hard to read, but for me, ...more
justanya
A good read. Not for those who prefer cookie cutter HEA's that includes disasters being averted in a nick of time and / or the MC are Gary Sue's whom are automatically forgiven for any wrong doing because the circumstances were out of their control. Behind iron lace is still my favorite Mercy Celeste book. If you've never read a Mercy Celeste book before, start with Behind Iron Lace before reading any other works.
Silkeeeeeereads
Oct 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Actually a 3.5. This story is about two rodeo cowboys, Eli and Creed, who spent their younger rodeo days competing and fighting with each other. They both were horribly abused. This story made me cry a couple of times. It rambled in a few places, in my opinion. All and all it was a good story with hot sex scenes, angst and an HEA. It's worth reading.
  • Worth the Coming Home (Love's Value, #1)
  • Chase the Storm
  • Cowboys Down
  • Natural Disaster (Bareback, #2)
  • At His Throat, A Promise
  • Cowboy Waltz (Hawkins Brothers/Quinten, Montana related)
  • Cinder (Blood Nation, #2)
  • Pickup Men (Pickup Men, #1)
  • Aaron (Survivor Stories #1)
  • The Lonely Heart
  • My Cowboy Homecoming (The Cowboys, #3)
  • Dirty Deeds (Dirty Deeds, #1)
  • Morning Report (Morning Report, #1)
  • Conner's Courage (Whispering Pines Ranch, #4)
  • The Square Peg (The Square Peg, #1)
  • Inherit the Sky (Lang Downs, #1)
  • Texas Heat (Texas, #3)
  • Out of the Blackness (Avery, #1)