Start by marking “How to Win a Fight with a Conservative” as Want to Read:
How to Win a Fight with a Conservative

How to Win a Fight with a Conservative

Partisan warfare has never been so much fun.

How to Win a Fight With a Conservative is the ultimate survival guide to arguing politics, filled with all the cunning strategies, damning facts, and merciless ridicule liberals need to give their conservative "friends, neighbors and countrymen" the verbal smackdown of a lifetime.

With the presidential election approaching,/>How
Published June 1st 2007 by Sourcebooks Hysteria

To ask other readers questions about How to Win a Fight with a Conservative, please sign up.
Mirkat This is a statement with a question mark appended to the end of it. Or perhaps, "This is a statement with a question mark appended to the end of it?"

Gally
Dec 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars

Humor books are hit or miss for me, but this had me laughing from page 1. The only sad thing is so many other reviews don't seem to get this isn't actually a self-help or debate book, it's a humor book. The same author even wrote How to Win a Fight with a Liberal because, hell, we all need a good laugh, not just at the people we don't agree with but ourselves as well. So fans of Stephen Colbert, this is for you. But if you honestly believe Colbert is an O'Reilly lapdog, move on becau
Jessica
Funny and informative. My conservative friends had better watch out! Because my wit is now armed and extremely dangerous.
Marc Cullison
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was one of the funniest books I've read. What a hoot! The clever jabs at the conservative ego and philosophy are rich in politics humor and sometimes a little mean, but the effect is priceless. I'm sure you conservatives will avoid this book, but you might check out Kurtzman's other book, HOW TO WIN A FIGHT WITH A LIBERAL. Then you, too, can join in the hilarity of the adventure.
Alise HARRIS
Funny and sad at the same time. It said revised on the front, but it's obvious it was updated in 2012, not since 2016.
Stephanie
Especially fitting during an election year (and more educational than anything the current GOP frontrunner is spewing!)......completely giggleworthy, with topics such as 'A Field Guide to the Conservative Genus', 'How to Avoid Unhinged Lunatics', 'How to Trip up a Bullshitter', and 'Six Unconventional Things You Can Do to Save the World from Conservatives'. Random quote (from the spot-on Liberal Manifesto): "And above all, liberals believe that it's time to come together as a country and put a c ...more
David
Jun 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Hilarious fun and a few good points. A right wing nutjob's head would explode reading this just from their lack of a sense of humor. Enjoy. Please note that it's a little out of date and predates the 2008 election and the humor of palin's follies.
Benj FitzPatrick
Jun 25, 2011 rated it did not like it
So far as I can see the author looked at a few self help books regarding rhetoric and debating, copied down the basic ideas, and then threw in a plethora of liberally-biased quips to make it "light hearted" and political. It's only upside, it was short.
Eimad
Oct 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all left wing
Shelves: politik
hahaha..i love every word of this book though the target reader are American citizen. There are a lot of unknown name to me, but it does not matter.I am a liberal but not too liberal.By this book, i can argue with right wing party like UMNO members.if u are a liberal, read this book.
Monica
Feb 06, 2008 added it
A present I received for the holidays... Although I didn't learn that much I did laugh.
Patricia
Mar 06, 2009 rated it really liked it
See "How To Win a Fight with a Liberal"
Jessie
Dec 29, 2008 rated it liked it
Also an X-mas gift. So far very funny. :-)
Paulatics
Jan 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: comedy, political
Funny and enjoyable with some excellent advice. Have to be able to laugh at yourself.
Jillian
Apr 24, 2008 rated it liked it
It gave a lot of interesting ways to insult conservatives. On the other hand, it seemed like the author had a hard time deciding whether he wanted to be really informative or humorous.
Callina
Feb 05, 2008 rated it it was ok
Now I know how to win a fight with my parents! Sorry mom :)
Jake Kaufman
Mar 20, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious book with some good arguing strategies, as well as funny commentary on the left vs. right divide.
Todd
Apr 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious! A great book to brush up on your arguing skills when going up against your conservative family and friends.
Sasha
Nov 03, 2010 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Liberals/ Conservatives with a sense of humor
Recommended to Sasha by: Kimberly Chenoweth
Obviously a teeny bit biased, but the author is sure to poke fun at liberals as well. It was funny, just a bit corny for me.
AJ
Nov 13, 2011 rated it liked it
Incredibly funny book.....
Brian
Sep 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Funny! I was laughing out loud after the first paragraph. Had several more good laughs along the way. A good book to understand the divide between the political parties.
Kathy
Jan 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious, especially because he picks on liberals too.
Cale
The Seven Habits of Highly Ineffective Partisans 1 7 Jun 18, 2009 11:22AM

• Over the Cliff: How Obama's Election Drove the American Right Insane
  • F.U.B.A.R.: America's Right-Wing Nightmare
  • The Worst Person in the World: And 202 Strong Contenders
  • Blowing Smoke: Why the Right Keeps Serving Up Whack-Job Fantasies About the Plot to Euthanize Grandma, Outlaw Christmas, and Turn Junior Into a Raging Homosexual
  • Does Anybody Have a Problem With That? The Best of Politically Incorrect
  • Billionaires & Ballot Bandits: How to Steal an Election in 9 Easy Steps
  • Wingnuts: How the Lunatic Fringe is Hijacking America
  • Dogfight: The 2012 Presidential Campaign in Verse
  • Great American Hypocrites: Toppling the Big Myths of Republican Politics
  • The Backlash: Right-Wing Radicals, High-Def Hucksters, and Paranoid Politics in the Age of Obama
  • The Obama Diaries
  • Progressivism: A Very Short Introduction
  • The Obama Hate Machine: The Lies, Distortions, and Personal Attacks on the President---and Who Is Behind Them
  • The Tea Party and the Remaking of Republican Conservatism
  • American Political Speeches
  • Breaking the Sound Barrier
  • The People’s Manifesto
  • Why I March: Images from the Woman's March Around the World
Daniel Kurtzman is a former Washington correspondent-turned-political satirist. His work has appeared in The New York Times, Huffington Post, and San Francisco Chronicle, among other publications. An equal opportunity offender, Kurtzman is author of the dueling humor books, "How to Win a Fight with a Conservative" and "How to Win a Fight with a Liberal," originally published in 2007.