Start by marking “Green Lantern Corps, Volume 2: The Dark Side of Green” as Want to Read:
Green Lantern Corps, Volume 2: The Dark Side of Green

Green Lantern Corps, Volume 2: The Dark Side of Green (Green Lantern Corps (2006) #2)

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  1,103 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
In this new volume, Green Lantern Guy Gardner, formerly of Earth, runs afoul of a murderous alien called The Dominator. While Gardner seeks the being's homeworld of Dominion, the Dominator reaches Earth. Now, only the rogue group of Green Lanterns called the Corpse has a prayer of stopping him - if only they weren't already dead.

Collecting: Green Lantern Corps 7-13
Published November 7th 2007 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about Green Lantern Corps, Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Green Lantern Corps, Volume 2

Elinor
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
C'est vraiment du très très bon cette série ! J'aime beaucoup les personnages en plus.
Dan
Jan 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2009, comics
THIS is why I love the corners of the DCU that Geoff Johns clearly has a controlling interest in. Despite the fact that he himself didn't write these issues, he's worked with Dave Gibbons to help lay the groundwork for the Sinestro Corps War and even Blackest Night, WAY back before (and during) Infinite Crisis! And the best part is, they did it by using an old Alan Moore GL story! It's also a credit to Gibbons and his company of artists (himself included) that the new rebuilt Corps feels genuine ...more
Jake
Aug 08, 2017 rated it liked it
The first story in this book is about Guy and a new Lantern meeting a member of a secret black ops faction of the Corps, and the three of them infiltrating the Dominators. There were some pretty confusing parts. I'm not really sure what happened to R'amey Holl near the end of it. But maybe I just missed something. The best thing about this arc, though, was the introduction of R'amey. She's adorable and has a really cool design.

The second part was about a yellow virus on Mogo. This arc was intere
Chad D'Cruze
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was unexpectedly good.
Phoenix
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Guy's really grown on me.

(that was your cue to make a Gardner joke)
f
Feb 14, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: own, reread
I generally dislike DC comics, but the Green Lantern has always been the exception. What I really like about it is the scope of GL's universe, and how the power rings reflect the personality of the wearer. As opposed to the standard trope of either being born with power, like Marvel's mutants (X-Men) & gods (Thor) or DC's aliens (Superman), being granted them by powerful organizations like the government (Captain America) or the rich (Iron Man), or by accident (Spider-man), the GLverse mixes ...more
Wing Kee
Sep 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is it! This is when Green Lantern Corps is a fun book to read!

Yes Kyle is missing, I think he's Ion now but I'm not sure so we once again get a Guy and others centric story, but this time around Guy's not bad and the rest of the cast, which I really like, get their time in the spotlight.

World: The art is good, it's Gleason mainly and in general I do enjoy his art quite a bit. It's really dirty (as in having a lot of debris and fluids and things flying everywhere) in a good way, he just love
orton41290
Jul 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
The Dark Side of Green continues our introduction to some of the new members of the Crops as it hints more and more at the rapidly approaching Sinestro Corps War. As with previous issues, The Dark Side of Green is only one of the stories in this volume, accompanied by three other stories. This volume has multiple quick arc stories. We see new lantern R’amey Holl teaming up with Gardner to take on the Dominators in a three part story that is exciting, but confusing and really plays out too fast. ...more
Francisco Silva
Aug 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: cómic, dc-comics
Lo que lleva haciendo hasta acá Gibbons, sumado a lo que paralelamente escribe Geoff Johns en la serie principal, me parece sumamente entretenido.

No hay muchas dobles lecturas ni nada por el estilo. Simplemente diversión pura y dura, se comienzan a ver retazos de la inminente aparición del Sinestro Corps que poco a poco está enviando a algunos de sus miembros a hacer mella en los Linternas Verdes - específicamente en Mogo- y genera unas cuantas caídas en este bando.

Una sumamente buena continuaci
J.
Nov 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
I thought the previous volume was pretty middling, but this one was quite good. The first three issues are guest-written, and are way more dark and disturbing than the rest of the series has been. They essentially follow a secret Green Lantern wetworks team: the Green Lantern Corpse (pun!) I really enjoyed this arc, even though it felt a little out of place. I wanted to follow this arc a little more, instead of getting back to the usual cast.

But the rest of the book is pretty good. Gibbons still
Scott
Jul 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dc, graphic-novels, own
Great example of story planning across titles and writers. The second storyline is really setting up for the Sinestro Corps war AND is peppered with subtle references to Blackest Night years before it came out!

Truly consistent storytelling with great characters who have been granted power because they were judged worthy of it. The wonderful thing about the Corps is that you get true characters with compelling back-stories who you care about; not just fillers.

The first story-arc was the true "da
Jeffrey Jelmeland
While at first the story enticed me, by the time I had reached the halfway point of the volume it was starting to feel like more of the same, repeated with different characters. Honestly, it wasn't long after that part that I became completely bored with the story and simply scanned the rest of the volume in the vain hope that it might change, only to be disappointed. After a disappointing time reading the first volume, and having the same reaction from the second volume, I find that I am less e ...more
Kevin
Aug 28, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, green-lantern
More lead in to the Sinestro Corps War! The first part introduces the Green Lantern Black Ops division. This started as an entertaining Guy story, but by the end I thought it got a little too plot twisty for its own good. The next set of stories set up a subversive attack on the Corps resulting in several minor member deaths. I enjoyed parts of it, mostly Natu, but overall it was rather weak. This one is probably more like a 2.5 star.
Sean
Dec 26, 2012 rated it liked it
While the general plot and storyline are pretty good the art by Patrick Gleason and Dave Gibbons takes some of the seriousness away from the book. The ultra-cartoony aspects of the art also make it hard to take in some of the scenes. I usually focus on the writing first but here its hard to avoid. Overall, just a decent read that could have been so much better.
Chris S.
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was ok
Wasn't my favorite ,the threat felt big enough but didn't do mcuh with it in the end... did like this quote though!
Guy Gardner :Truth is, I ain't never been so proud of failing in my entire life. Killing someone. That's the easy way out. Making the scum of the universe face the music... That's more my style.
Eric Mikols
Sep 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: green-lantern
This was cool. Sometimes the Corps book is more entertaining than the main Lantern book. I like Guy Gardner and enjoyed his time working with the black ops gang. Mogo's story was fun and I'm excited to see these guys through the Sinestro Corps War!
Jasmiina F
Jan 03, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics
My biggest problem with these comics are the villains. They just are too boring for me. But I have found out that I actually kinda like Guy Gardner so that's interesting.
Robert
Oct 24, 2009 rated it it was ok
I probably won't be reading many more in this series, didn't find the plot or characters very compelling.
Ashes
Jan 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
Wish R'amey would have stuck around a bit longer is all. Other than that, amazing as always <3 The gore and darkness of this volume was amazing. I adored it.
Sean
Nov 18, 2008 rated it really liked it
Continuing my fascination with the Green Lantern Corps. The first half of this book is great, the second half, so-so. What is it with me and the GLC?
Andrew Lenards
Dec 09, 2008 rated it really liked it
The storyline for The Corpse was excellent. Definitely a darker side of the corps.
Dave Johnson
Jun 19, 2010 rated it really liked it
better writer, better arc.

i just wish they would've tied into the Sinestro Corps a little better. the regular GL series did a far better job at this.
Nicolas
Sep 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
This was one of the better Corp books I've read. Less focued on Guy this time around. Intersting story with Mogo. Pretty enjoyable as a whole.
goldberry
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5
James Dunphy
May 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Tons of Sinestro Corp War set up. Good taste of things to come.
Victor
Mar 26, 2015
  • Green Lantern Corps, Volume 3: Ring Quest
  • Green Lantern, Volume 3: Wanted: Hal Jordan
  • Green Lantern Corps, Volume 7: Revolt of the Alpha-Lanterns
Dave Gibbons is an English comic book artist, writer and sometime letterer. He is best known for his collaborations with writer Alan Moore, which include the miniseries Watchmen and the Superman story "For the Man Who Has Everything". He also was an artist for the UK anthology 2000 AD, for which he contributed a large body of work from its first issue in 1977.

Gibbons broke into British comics by w
More about Dave Gibbons

Green Lantern Corps (2006) (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Green Lantern Corps: Recharge