Start by marking “The Chasm of Fire: A Woman's Experience of Liberation Through the Teaching of a Sufi Master” as Want to Read:

Chasm of Fire: A Woman's Experience of liberation through the Teachings of a Sufi Master - It is an account of the slow grinding down of personality - a painful process for man cannot remake himself without suffering.
Published by Element Books (first published September 1984)

To ask other readers questions about The Chasm of Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Chasm of Fire

Start your review of The Chasm of Fire: A Woman's Experience of Liberation Through the Teaching of a Sufi Master
Rohit
Dec 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
I read this book long back, when Internet was not so common. It is a very insightful spiritual story of Irina who travels to India and meets a Sufi saint.
John Fredrickson
Feb 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: spiritual, sufi
I have been reading through this book for quite some time. It is interesting and challenging.
Mckinley
This has a big impact on me when I read it. I was exploring sufism and thus intrigued by her story.
Amanda
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read this years ago and found it very interesting and inspiring. I met the author several times at her home in London in the early 1980s. I remember her as a very calm understated charismatic and kindly person, with great depth and strength.
Karen O'hanlon
Jun 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had wanted to read this book for thirty years and I was not disappointed. In fact, far from disappointed. This is an down to earth description about the intensity of the relationship between a devotee and her spiritual teacher. Not for the faint of heart, though.
J. Narayan
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was moved deeply by this woman's love for her teacher and eventually for her "Self" in a tale told, in diary form, of her many present moments. She reveals a transformational process that has long been a mystery.
Kathleen Dixon
Dec 28, 2017 rated it liked it
A friend loaned me this book. She’d read it and was quite disturbed by some of the Sufi master’s teaching methods. She wanted to know my opinion. I’m looking forward to the discussion with her.

For this, I shall simply comment that the content is really interesting, but I found it too detailed and repetitive. The introduction states that will be so, as it’s a rendering of a diary the author was instructed to keep so that it could be published. However, I would probably have skimmed a lot if I
Billy Sunday
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bio
Very good!
Ajanta Judd
May 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirituality
Great read for any spiritual seeker!
MJ