Start by marking “Princess Me” as Want to Read:
Princess Me

Princess Me

3.71  ·  Rating details ·  173 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
Make way! Make way!

Here comes the princess of the land.

She's sweet and kind.

She's oh-so-grand.

And just who is she, this lovely

Princess Me?

Come inside this book to see!

A child's bedroom is transformed into a magical kingdom in this bright, lively offering from Karma Wilson -- the author of the bestselling series that began with Bear Snores On, illustrated by Ja
Published October 23rd 2007 by Margaret K. McElderry Books

To ask other readers questions about Princess Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Princess Me

Miss Sarah
Aug 28, 2017 rated it liked it
A young lady and her kingdom celebrate her princessness all day but is she really a princess or not. Colorful and fanciful and easy enough for a toddler.
Candice
Sep 06, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Sophie
Shelves: picture-books
For all princess wannabees, and that would be almost every little girl at some time in her life. The rhyme is about a little princess who is sweet and cheerful and has wonderful parents. But this princess is not perfect - she's normal. "Sometimes she's cross or mad or blue." The illustrations are as enchanting as a princess. This little girl's room is amazing. Full of toys and stuffed animals, it's something most little girls would love to have. I also liked the way the illustrator portrayed the ...more
Sandie
Nov 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
My daughter (5) and I both loved this book! It was adorable, I love stories written in rhyme....so fun!

Ok, so its about a little girl, Princess Me and it kind of goes on about how wonderful she is but not always. Like everybody, even Princess Me has bad days where she is mad or sad. She is normal like you and me. Its a great way to say its ok to be yourself and love who you are, wonderful story for little girls. Very fun!!

The pictures are great, very magical and royal! We loved them almost as mu
Alanna Burris
Sep 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book shows that being caring, loving, and faithful are not only characteristics of a good person but also of s princess. I like how at the end instead of calling her princess me they call her princess you. It's a great way to tell girls that they are wonderful and they can be princesses. I really like how the illustrations take you into her "kingdom" and make you feel like she is a real princess.
Emma Biays
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Princess Me incorporates so many elements that I love. I love how it encourages imagination and playfulness, with supportive parents. The story flows gracefully off the page and off the readers tongue because of the art and rhyme. Curiosity builds as the story continues to ask, "and just who could this princess be, the lovely, faithful Princess Me?" And at the end, the story answers that it is "Princess you!" It inspires children to chase their dreams and be whatever they want to be.
Ebono1
Jul 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I think this is a good book to read when children are having bad days. Sometimes children feel as though they are not good enough, especially 4 year olds since it's a constant battle as to who is friends with who. This book talks about being yourself and loving yourself for who you are and others will too.
Marie
Jun 02, 2009 rated it really liked it
This will please all the little princesses out there. Princess Me is identifiably a child, but most definitely a princess. The love of the King and Queen for their little princess is easy to see The text is lyrical and can actually be sung to "Hush, Little Baby." I look forward to sharing it with young royal wannabes.
The Library Lady
Feb 20, 2008 rated it really liked it
Is there anyone out there who DOESN'T know a gaggle of little girls who are princess mad?
Not only does this one have sparkles on the color, it has a heroine who becomes a princess by using her IMAGINATION, not a princess kit from Disney!!

I bought one copy for my library, read it and have now ordered two more. This one is going to FLY off the shelf.

Megan Dorcas
Sep 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is fun because it begins with her playing pretend and turns into the reader believing she is an actual princess. When they don't know, and will find out in the end, is that she had fallen asleep and was dreaming of being a princess. Little girls would love this book, because almost all little girls want to be princesses.
Kaycee Greenwood
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book should be read to every little girl! The princess if lovely, faithful, caring, and everything a pincess should be. This book will inspire self confidence in young children. By the end of the book you will feel like a princess too!
  • Princess Baby
  • Dog and Bear: Two's Company
  • I'm Bad!
  • Bedtime for Bear
  • Miss Smith and the Haunted Library
  • Ollie's Easter Eggs (Gossie and Friends)
  • Princess Peepers
  • Swing!: A Scanimation Picture Book
  • Princess Pigsty
  • Fletcher and the Falling Leaves
  • Pssst!
Karma Wilson grew up an only child of a single mother in the wilds of North Idaho. Way back then (just past the stone age and somewhat before the era of computers) there was no cable TV and if there had been Karma could not have recieved it. TV reception was limited to 3 channels, of which one came in with some clarity. Karma did the only sensible thing a lonely little girl could do…she read or pl ...more
More about Karma Wilson...