Start by marking “Creating Flow with OmniFocus” as Want to Read:
Creating Flow with OmniFocus

Creating Flow with OmniFocus

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  134 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
- Grasp basic through advanced concepts of OmniFocus through real examples, unlike a manual.
- Learn how to build a trusted system and get things off your mind.
- Learn to take control of OmniFocus at a much deeper level by mastering perspectives.
- Learn to build custom perspectives that work for you.
- Use the strength of OmniFocus to get through daily responsibilities to ge
Published 2009 by The Dini Group, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Creating Flow with OmniFocus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Creating Flow with OmniFocus

Trey Piepmeier
Jul 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
Amazingly precious and written for the very tightly wound todo-list making individual. The level of detail that he goes into on how to make a template project for leaving the house, for example, borders on the absurd. But. He makes good points on how to setup tasks like this in order to get yourself out of a rut of deciding how to go about accomplishing a daunting project. The book goes into a somewhat therapeutic angle towards the end with regards to how to maximize your time on earth to do wha ...more
Jul 21, 2012 rated it liked it
This book has been pretty massive for me.

I bought OmniFocus over a year ago and struggled with it based on David Sparks' excellent screencasts [Link]. For some reason, it just never integrated its way into my life, other than to give me weekly reminders to put the kids' pocket money into their piggy banks.

I know that I need something in my life to help me deal with my stuff, and I knew that OmniFocus was more than capable of doing that. I just found it so overwhelming!

I listened to the author
May 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a textbook for those who've read GTD and would like to specifically use Omnifocus. It's a fantastic reference tool that you'll come back to because taking on all the processes and setup explained is a little much for a first-timer.

So if you'd like something between GTD and the software manual with lots of great advice this is a good choice.
Jan 15, 2012 added it
Good but grossly overpriced.
Apr 03, 2012 rated it liked it
Some good ideas and interesting takes on organizing with GTD and OmniFocus. Makes you think about how to better utilize your system.

With some editing improvements, I'd give it four stars. Would benefit from a wider variety of examples; "Make chocolate chip cookies" does not cover it for many of the situations. Writing needs rewording in many spots. Rewrite and find clearer way to present the "Core" principles. Cut out all the white space; it's not really anywhere near 500+ pages. For this price
Mike Vardy
Nov 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: digital-library
If you want to get the most out of the app and are willing to put in the time and effort to do so, then you owe it to yourself to pick up this book. It’s simply amazing.
Vincent Noel
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After all I've read on Omnifocus and GTD on the web, I thought I knew all there was to it. I am happy to report that I was wrong.

Kourosh Dini has obviously thought really long and hard about the best way to implement lots of different strategies in Omnifocus. He mixes his approaches with a deep understanding of why and how we sometimes unconsciously sabotage ourselves. His workflows are very empathetic and put the human at the center. It is a refreshing blend of control-freak-obsession and list
Jon Bash
Feb 08, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
Mixed feelings on this one. In some ways it's basically a manual for this task management app, which, well, if you know me, you know that it is both exceedingly nerdy and unsurprising that I'd choose to read this. It gets into some extremely interesting 'why's and 'how's and gnitty gritty details of task management and workflow, and.... it just gets to be a little bit too much even for me.
Honestly, I was hoping something with deeper knowledge than those examples — lot of repeat of the manual, or obvious remarks. Very disappointing !
Martin Dion
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Quite an unusual reading for me but I was very interested into practicing and improving "Flow" after reading Csikszentmihaly's books and it is definitely worth the time and practice because using Omnifocus to structure your flow capability development is working very well.
Ilyá Belsky
Sep 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: productivity
Great book. I liked theoretical part most because the UI details are deprecated. But they are important too to learn that everything could be accessed via keyboard shortcuts and it’s not hard to figure out how to do the same on a new versions of OmniFocus.
To get the most value read the book when you read GTD already and tried to use OmniFocus for a while. In this case you will have a bunch of questions and pains and likely you’ll find the answers and cures in this book.
I’m planning to rewind bac
Angel Pradel
Apr 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
The most important rule about To-Do systems is to be simple.
But sometimes a simple system it's not enough.
OmniFocus is a potent software to manage complex To-Do lists. And with responsibilities in two business and academic work I've a complex enough professional live.
Koursoh system is something incredible elaborate. It pretends a complete devotion.
But it is possible to extract useful solutions. Even for unstructured people like me.
I've completed half the book, decided to apply it, in my way, fo
Karl Kemp-O'Brien
Apr 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
An amazing guide to how to use OmniFocus. Perfect for after you have read David Allen's 'Getting Things Done' and would like to apply those methods in a sound way.

This book introduces you to the application, and slowly builds up your abilities until you feel comfortable and ready to 'create flow'. Through use of some very clever perspectives, the author imbues the reader with master level skills and relates it all to everyday life. His background as a psychiatrist really proves useful in how he
Rand Anderson
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book, it totally helped jump-start my re-engagement with omnifocus and taking a more systematic approach to being effective, productive. The first part was all pragmatic, the detailed tools for building a system...then followed by more theoretical aspects that "gelled" the practices for me.

Now working thru Zen & the Art of Work series, probably to take me thru end of year, then planning to tackle the somewhat more abstract Workflow Mastery.
May 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books that changes your life. It certainly changed mine. It took me so long to read it because you have to keep putting it down to implement each of the teachings of the author. It's very practical advice. It's like having a personal teacher help you learn OmniFocus.

You will finish this book feeling like a master of OmniFocus.

Until the next version comes out that is. Then we'll both be reading the 3rd edition of this book!
Davis Das
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who owns Omnifocus or is thinking of buying it
Whew, this took a while to finish up (highly technical) but was well worth the investment. OmniFocus is an amazing piece of software, and had made task management a real afterthought in my life. I feel much more free and less scatter-brained. Dini does a good job explaining the software, as it's quite clear he is an expert at it. Thanks Kourosh, you're a pretty cool dude.
Jay Yeo
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Learning a new complex task management tool involves not only learning the features and quirks of the app but also the workflow and methodology, both of which are covered in great detail here. The concept of meta-tasks and framing procrastination as a state to evaluate roadblocks are great takeaways.
Marcus Neto
Dec 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
I love the idea of using omnifocus properly but the reality is that I will never take the time to do it. Lots of overhead.
Mar 18, 2014 marked it as to-read
Recommended to Mark by: That bastard Merlin Mann
Shelves: on-hold
After being an OmniFocus user for like...a million years, it's probably about time that I taught Kourash Dini a few things about using OmniFocus.
Graeme Mathieson
No idea when I finished reading it, but I definitely did at some point!
Jay Cruz
Aug 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
If you use OmniFocus and follow the GTD methodology you must read this book. Period.
T Huang
Jun 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A life-changing view on living.
Jul 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-challenge
Excellent manual for the use of OmniFocus. Really beneficial if you are interested in learning how to fully utilize the features offered by OmniFocus.
Al Valvano
Mar 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I'm no black belt, but I am fairly comfortable with OmniFocus and GTD. I still found some very useful techniques I will incorporate into daily use.
Stuart Mackey
Jan 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Paperless: A MacSparky Field Guide
  • Jesus Christ and the Life of the Mind
  • How to Interpret Literature: Critical Theory for Literary and Cultural Studies
  • The Critical Tradition: Classic Texts and Contemporary Trends
  • Engaging Ideas: The Professor's Guide to Integrating Writing, Critical Thinking, and Active Learning in the Classroom
  • Discardia
  • Think Like a Pancreas: A Practical Guide to Managing Diabetes with Insulin--Completely Revised and Updated
  • The Clockwork Muse: A Practical Guide to Writing Theses, Dissertations & Books
  • Prince of Networks: Bruno LaTour and Metaphysics
  • Hyperobjects: Philosophy and Ecology after the End of the World
  • Book Was There: Reading in Electronic Times
  • Original Sin: A Cultural History
  • Getting Results the Agile Way: A Personal Results System for Work and Life
  • Alien Phenomenology, or What It’s Like to Be a Thing
  • How to Write a Lot: A Practical Guide to Productive Academic Writing
  • Writing Your Journal Article in 12 Weeks: A Guide to Academic Publishing Success
  • Making It All Work: Winning at the Game of Work and Business of Life
  • The Tremendous World I Have Inside My Head: Franz Kafka: A Biographical Essay

Kourosh Dini is the author of Creating Flow with OmniFocus: Mastering Productivity. As he is known to do many things, Kourosh has needed a tool and method by which he could wrangle it all. The book describes this process of wrangling in hopes that others will find such wranglings useful, too.

He has written Workflow Mastery: Building from the Basics which combines his thoughts on psychoanal
More about Kourosh Dini...
“I do believe that simplicity is a hallmark of maturity. But I do not believe that simplicity is necessarily a first step. Often, we must learn a depth of complexity before a beautiful simplicity blooms, whether in mind or matter.” 0 likes