Start by marking “Doukakis's Apprentice” as Want to Read:
Doukakis's Apprentice

Doukakis's Apprentice (21st Century Bosses #2)

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  1,460 Ratings  ·  172 Reviews
With her family business in crisis, Polly Prince does her best to keep calm and carry on. But hard work alone can't save her London company from a takeover by the infamously ruthless Damon Doukakis…or her traitorous body from the lethal sensuality of her boss!As his new apprentice, Polly accompanies Damon to Paris to negotiate the most challenging business deal of her life ...more
Paperback, Harlequin Presents, #3021, 192 pages
Published October 2011 by Harlequin (first published July 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Doukakis's Apprentice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doukakis's Apprentice

Alex is The Romance Fox
I have read quite a few books by this author and I like her storylines and her characters.

But I have to say that Polly is one of my favourite Mills & Boon heroines. She may be innocent and a virgin but she's not a doormat or a wallflower.
She doesn't wilt or primp to get her alpha gorgeous rich man. I really admired her values. She's actually what makes this love story work for me.

This is the second time I have read this book and loved it just as much as the first time.
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
I can totally see why one of my GRs friends has so much love for Polly. She really is a great character. Loving, hardworking, intelligent, strong, and willing to stand up for what's right. And she has a great sense of humor. I loved her loyalty to her employees. Wish more bosses were that way in real life. At first, I didn't think Mr. Doukakis was nearly good enough for her. He was a bit of a jerk to poor Polly. Fortunately, as it should be with any good romance book, I came to like and respect ...more
willaful
I've never been more annoyed about the lack of respect Harlequin pays to its category romances: this is a really good book, and it's almost ruined by lousy continuity. How hard can it be for a proofreader to notice that the hero's sister changes names from one paragraph to the next, several times. (Not the only continuity issue, either.)

That aside, I was charmed by this. It's not at all a typical Presents, but not in that way that makes me think it was published in the wrong line -- although not
Saly
One of the most best and enjoyable HP's I've read.
Polly Prince is hard at work despite the board having sold her father's company to Damon Doukakis and she knows the reason why(her father is involved with his younger sister). Damon has a very low opinion of her since she and his sister got expelled from school at 14 and he blames her.

Polly just wants to save the people's jobs, who've been like family to her, raising her when her father has been too irresponsible and self-involved. She loses her
Lemon
Jul 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an awesomely kick-ass, bad-ass heroine! Polly Prince was so feisty, sassy, smart and so utterly adorable that I even forgot I was reading a Harlequin novel. This was such a refreshing change of pace from the typical Harlequin book because Polly actually had a backbone and wouldn't take any nonsense from the hero, rather managing to turn him into a quivering mess of emotional nerves over his insecurities about her feelings (or rather lack thereof) for him. Not that Damon doesn't try to p ...more
Nicola Marsh
Jan 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What with writing and reading, I rarely get to bed before 1am.
Last night, my plans for an early night were shot by this book.

I'm always wary when there's hype about a book in case it doesn't live up to expectations.
This one did, and how!

Polly Prince is a standout heroine: ballsy, funny, quirky.
Damon Doukakis is a typical Presents hero: commanding, arrogant and super sexy.

Together? Fireworks!

Every now and then a book comes along that gives me writer envy. This is one of them.

Brilliant read.
Highly
Alba M.
3,5 ⭐.
Me encantó ❤ en serio, ojalá la autora hubiera desarrollado la historia más largo. Se me ha quedado pequeña. Me encanta cuando se llevan mal, cuando siempre todo no es lo que parece y al final se llevan tan mal que se besan como locos 😬
Polly es una luchadora, uñas y dientes se dejaba por la empresa. Y el ambiente tan familiar que tenían jo qué bonito. Eso sí, a ver llamadme loca pero a mí lo de su padre, un hombre de 54 años con una chica de 24 y que alguien me quiera cascar que es amor...
LLC
Aug 20, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-on-1011
This probably more of a 4.5* book
The h is a 24 year old, free spirited, talented, creative and hardworking single female.
she basically runs her father's advertising agency but has no authority to change the way things are going. Her father disappears frequently and usually with a female about the same age as his daughter. This time he has taken off with her best friend and her friends older brother, the H, is not happy about this. He's so unhappy that he has bought out the board of directors an
Mareli
Aug 12, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story. Fast and fun. Good bantering and a great heroine. The only thing that made me stop to 4 stars was the fact she was being a little too saint for me. She took care of her (stupid and useless) father, she took care of her (stupid and useless) father's firm. She wrote fantastic ads. Mmmmm, less perfection, please! We can be good without be on the verge of sainthood 24/7.
Jasbell76
It was good and quite fun. A smart and mature heroine, but I didn't feel any kind of romance, it was more business than seduction.
Jenny
Feb 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Uplifting romance, easy and light to read! Witty and brisk dialogues plus adorable characters u can't help but love!
Nas Dean
Sep 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
DOUKAKI’S APPRENTICE is the latest Harlequin Presents by USA TODAY BESTSELLING Author Sarah Morgan.

The book blurb reads:
Wanted: willing apprentice to handle indecently arrogant (but incredibly sexy) tycoon

With her family business in crisis, Polly Prince does her best to keep calm and carry on. But hard work alone can’t save her London company from a takeover by the infamously ruthless Damon Doukakis…or her traitorous body from the lethal sensuality of her boss!
As his new apprentice, Polly accomp
RLA
Jul 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story begins with the heroine Polly nervously preparing for a meeting with the man who has taken over her fathers business, the hero Damon. Damon does not like Polly, thinking she is spoilt and reckless after Polly's actions many years ago resulted in his sister being expelled from school. To make matters worse Damon's sister has also run off with Polly's irresponsible father. Damon has taken over the company in order to find his sister, in the meantime he plans to teach Polly the meaning of ...more
Elisabeth
Nov 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Elisabeth by: SBTB, Dear Author sites
Really good. I hadn't read a Mills & Boon in years and this was really modern while still mantaining those M&B traits - Greek Alpha hero - check, virgin heroine - check, exotic locale - check, obscenely rich hero - check. Don't let any of this turn you off though because Damon may be alpha but he's not an alphahole and he even apologises when he realises he's wrong and Polly is no virginal wimp, she's optimistic, stands up for herself, and just leads him a pretty dance throughout the boo ...more
Nefise
May 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
One of the best harlequin books ever I've read. It was really good, easy and quick read. What I need in these days...
Chitra *CJ*
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: safety-first, v-card
"Doukakis's Apprentice" is the story of Damon and Polly.
When Damon Doukakis take's over Polly's company, it is to lure out her deadbeat father, who has absconded with his kid sister!
How she changes his life forms the story.
The hero is pretty judgmental about the heroine in the first half, but how she does not give up and makes him swallow his words (in a way) was absolute fun to read. The hero realizes his assumptions in a series of funny and eye opening moments.
The two love making scenes were
Vanessa
Nov 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Damon is upset that his little sister has disappeared w/ Peter Prince, Polly’s father. He decides that taking over the company of Mr. Prince will bring him out of the wood work. Polly is the creative genius behind Prince’s company, but Damon assumes that she is just playing at working and is a lazy trust fund child. He is quite surprised when Polly reveals her hidden depths. Damon thought he knew it all walking in and that the 24 year old Polly couldn’t possibly be much different from the 14 yea ...more
KC
I thought this was a fun office romance, but with more emphasis on the fun and office than the romance. Polly proved she was the perfect apprentice capable of accomplishing anything she set her mind to, including winning the heart of a ruthless businessman, Damon Doukakis. She and Damon had nice chemistry, their banter and clash of wills set the tone for some funny moments.

As fun as this was, I would have liked to have gained more insight into Polly and Damon's feelings (e.g., longing, passion,
Chantal ❤️
Well it was a cute story and I loved it when she turned the tables on him. Best part of the whole book was when she walked away from him after stripping. It was ok just not awesome too many loose ends it needed an epilogue and maybe a baby or two! Just saying it felt like no real issues were dealt with.
StMargarets
This was fun. Heroine is very likable and competent and tries to do her best for her employees. Hero has his own agenda that never quite gets off the ground - bless him. Read this when you want to smile as the action unfolds.
Angela James
Recommended. Excellent example of what Harlequin Presents can be!
MelissaB
Sep 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
*** 4 1/2 star ***

Really nice Harlequin with a good story and two likable leads.
Kaycee ❤️

Doukaki's Apprentice was basically an enemies-to-lovers story about guy falling in love for the first time with a girl who gave as good as she got! But to be honest, how the story goes is quite predictable, but it still managed to get me hook, line and sinker from page one up to the last! You know why? Well, mostly because of Polly, that's why! She's fun, strong, independent, sassy, creative, loving, compassionate. She's kick-ass, give as good as she gets, protective and .... yeah, she's prett
rameau
Look at that cover. Just look at that beautiful cover. That's what romance novel covers should look like.

It reminds me of the early nineties-late eighties Harlequin covers I used to just gaze at imagining the stories behind them. Then I reached double digits and finally dared to steal one of my mum's Harlequins long enough to actually read it and not just rely on my own imagination.

Luckily, the cover isn't all that's pretty and entertaining in this book. Morgan writes a solid story with rounded
Steamywindows♥♫
This one was OK, but two factors just didn't sit well with me:
Firstly, a key secondary relationship, was riddled with immature decisions: running away, hiding, and at least for the woman, seemed to be attractive because it would piss her brother off as the man was in his fifties and she was in her early twenties. OK. that's going to be a long term relationship.

Secondly, the heroine's father was neglectful to the point of being abusive. This was repeatedly glossed over and defended by the heroi
Widala
Nov 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I just love love love Polly. She's the breath of fresh girl power that's usually lacking from HPlandia. She could give Damon as good as she got.
With all the misconceptions Damon had for Polly, I gleefully waited for revelation time and Damon to eat his words. And eat his words he did, graciously. And apologized, graciously. Damnit Damon, you made me swoon.
Basically, I love their relationship because I see them as an equal even before Damon knows the truth.
A little creep factor was the relationsh
Nicoletta
Dec 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4,5 è il suo risultato.
Frizzante e genuino mi ha fatto trascorrere ore stupende tra confronti e battutone al vetriolo.
La trama non è originale ma la scrittura dell'autrice ne ha fatto un piccolo capolavoro.
Ora io mi chiedo all'alba di un nuovo anno...... Ma esistono di uomini così, o sono solo il risultato mentale di scrittrici frustrate o frigide? Quest'anno ne ho letti davvero tanto di fusti...
Jennie -  Webbweaver Reviews
I loved this book ! I can see why it won the RITA Award 2012 !
I love that the heroine constantly turned the tables on the strong, handsome hero. Polly is a fabulous character. I laughed out loud a few times with her comebacks for the hero. I also loved how Damon,the hero , once realising his mistakes, goes about rectifying them and apologises more than once to our heroine. He is strong, smart and pure Greek Alpha male. Delicious !
A fabulous read ! I recommend it to all romance lovers.
Lynn Raye Harris
Jan 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!
  • Wife for a Week (Bennett #1)
  • The Disgraced Playboy (The Notorious Wolfes, #2)
  • Unlocking her Innocence
  • Beauty and the Greek
  • Restless Billionaire (Bad Blood, #3)
  • The Merciless Travis Wilde (The Wilde Brothers, #3)
  • Marriage Made on Paper (Forrester Siblings, #1)
  • The Scorsolini Marriage Bargain (Royal Brides, #5; Scorsolini Princes, #3)
  • All They Need (Porter Siblings #1)
  • Prince of Scandal
  • The Christmas Love-Child
  • Strangers in the Desert
  • Lone Wolfe (Bad Blood, #8)
  • The Greek Tycoon's Virgin Wife
About Sarah

USA Today bestselling author Sarah Morgan writes contemporary romance and her trademark humour and sensuality have gained her fans across the globe. She is a 3 time winner of the prestigious RITA® Award from the Romance Writers of America and has been nominated five times. Sarah lives near London, England, and when she isn't reading or writing she loves being outdoors.

Look out for MOON
More about Sarah Morgan...

21st Century Bosses (4 books)
  • Marriage Made on Paper (Forrester Siblings, #1)
  • Fiancée for One Night