Start by marking “Bitter Demons (Peachville High Demons, #3)” as Want to Read:
Bitter Demons (Peachville High Demons, #3)

Bitter Demons

(The Shadow Demons Saga #3)

An alternate cover edition can be found here and here.

So far, life in Peachville has been tough for Harper Madison. She's survived attacks on her life, learned how to control her magic and met the most gorgeous boy with an unbelievable secret. After her latest stunt at Brighton Hospital, life has gotten even more complicated. The Order of Shadows is determined to tighten t
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 172 pages
Published February 24th 2011 by Dead River Books

Start your review of Bitter Demons (Peachville High Demons, #3)
Ivana - Diary of Difference
Jul 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fantasy, paranormal, demon, magic story lovers
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest

Bitter Demons is the third book from The Shadow Demons Saga, and the third book of my challenge to read my sister’s books. If you haven’t read the two parts, you can read my reviews below:

Beautiful Demons (The Shadow Demons Saga #1) - ★★★★

Inner Demons (The Shadow Demons Saga #2) - ★★★★

As a third book of this series, I have to be honest and say that this one didn’t deliver. I expected so much more to happen, and so many more questions to be answe
Alexandra Elend Wolf
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, 2016
Oh. My. God.! That was just amazing! I finally have my answers, and what are the answers. We finally know who is the villain in this history, and in my personal opinion, I think it's a good one in this history.
I can't wait to read the next books but I know are going to be great.
Annie Brewer
Holy shit, this was SO good! So many answered questions from the last one. Sure, I still have more questions about certain characters. But I know we will find out all of our answers. Patience is a virtue. But damn, this was such an awesome ride on this twisty-windy-never-slowing-down road. I loved it! And as you can see I gave this one 5 stars. It was thatgood!

Oh Jackson...he has my heart! Since book 1 I've been a fan. But now he's sealed the deal. There's no turning back...no collecting 200 dol
Runningrabbit
I'm a fan of these novels and I'm pretty happy that Sarra Cannon has managed to hold it together into book 3.

The filling in of Jackson's character and a bit of insight towards Mary Ann has managed to inject just enough freshness to keep the novel crisp.The characters have maintained consistency with their development and the mystery factor isn't too bad considering the choices.
 photo witchy broomstick_zpsg36wrhxs.gif
I am hoping that in the next novel the mystery aspect broadens out with an injection of some new characters. This b
Brooke Shelly
Mar 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: the-chaser
If found this book to be ok. The middle, I thought was very slow and a bit boring. This was an ok read for me.
Nicole
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE that we see a lot more Jackson in this one. #teamJackson.

description

Harper is becoming one of my favorite book characters. She is funny, loyal and totally fireless, how she saves Caroline is amazing. She’s almost a little wreckless considering if she dies all the other witches does.
description

Again this reminds me of Coven from AHS. Must just be the witch thing.

description

I KNEW there was something off with Mary Anne I’m am glad she stuck up for Harper though and helped save her.

description

As for Brooke she has got to be one o
Cecily Wolfe
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy
Still loving Harper and this series!
Grace, Queen of Crows and Tomes
This third installment is one par with the previous book and we get some more answers. Also the magic battle scenes were done better and I enjoyed meeting other Primas from different towns. Can't wait for next one!
Amy
Mar 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-copy-only
The Peachville High Demons series has been good so far. Bitter Demons was an okay read just like the first two books, at least Sarra Cannon is consistent.

I liked the start of this book, New character's were introduced and I thought Caroline and Harper switching bodies (appearance wise) was very cool. The story got pretty intense when Caroline was taken and I was really interested in the mystery surrounding her disappearance.

Once she was found however I lost interest slightly and the story start
Tom
Mar 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Reread Jan 1 2013
Short and sweet. Loved it and can't wait to move on. Oh wait I don't have to wait this time. Woohoo!

Feb 2012
I realized that the series wasn't finished yet while reading this book. I was completely engrossed in the story all the way through this book. Every book has gotten a little better and this one left me wishing that the series was finished. I stopped the series at this book and will pick up the rest when the final book comes out.
Magan Vernon
Feb 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Dear Sarra,

I wish I could fight this addiction to this series, but I can't. I must continue reading!
Karla
Dec 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book really does pick up the pace. Things are beginning to fall into place but still I have load of questions and a few theories.
Faye
Shelves: freebie
🎁 Books 1-3 in the Series are FREE on Amazon today (9/23/2020)! 🎁
Laurie
Mar 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
What can I say? This is the third novella in Ms. Cannon’s Demons of Peachville High series and this one really delivers. The stakes are higher than ever, loyalties are questioned, and the Order of Shadow’s actions and agenda seem ever more dubious and shady. Harper unexpectedly learns some unsavory bits of history regarding Jackson that threatens their relationship, and she embraces strange and potent new abilities. Mary Ann remains an enigma, and Brook morphs into a mean-spirited, jealous rival ...more
R.G.
Jul 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
We get a lot of answers in this book, and so while there's still some mystery hanging around, you finally get a clearer picture of the Order of Shadows as a whole, and how they're structured and how the Prima's are normally treated in other towns. Which was nice because finally someone comes around and sticks up for Harper. Plus, it was great that the full truth about Jackson and his connection with the Peachville Order is revealed. Altogether this book really helped move the story ahead, and br ...more
Abbie
Mar 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Bitter Demons was an okay read.

Harper was an okay character again. She still annoyed me in a few areas, but thankfully she wasn't as bad.
Brooke was an alright character in the last book, but in this one she really annoyed me.

The pacing was quite slow to begin with, but the last half picked up, and was actually pretty good.

Overall, a nice quick read.
Jade
Dec 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this third book! Personally I found the first one was rather slow placed and conjured a lot of questions which it didn't have answers to, however in the next two it kept my attention thoroughly. Sadly I can't continue this saga as I've only got the first 3 as a box set, but when I get the money I'm definitely going to be buying the next few.
I did find Harper's mindset involving Jackson a bit annoying as she kept contradicting herself, but the developments of certain characte
Auntie K
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
loved it. my favorite one so far.
Sarra Cannon is a great author. her work is amazing. had me captured from the first book.

spoilers:
*I can't believe Jackson's story.
* can't believe Mary Anne was behind it all. I thought it was Brooke.
April
Jan 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
They just keep getting better. Now to book four
Ashley
Mar 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Pretty sure these books are laced with crack.
Brittney
Mar 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-owned
Another good read. I'm really starting to love this series. Hopefully once I sedate my addiction and finish the series I can write a more detailed review.
Kevin
Oct 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Continues the gradual reveal, more players, more interesting.

Looking forward to more in the series.
Amy (BW)
Dec 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: need-to-review
This series just keeps getting better with each book.

More to come.
Jena Gregoire
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh, how I am HOOKED on this series!!!! Sadly, I just finished the 3rd book which means I am at the half way mark. According to the author’s notes in the product description on Amazon, book #6 will be the final book of the series. Sigh….

Let’s begin, shall we?? I LOVED THIS BOOK!!! ‘Nuff said. No, not really.

Bitter Demons is the 3rd installment in the Peachville High Demons series. This installment picks up post the big pivotal event at the end of Inner Demons (book #2). Harper’s bravery to save
Gypsy Madden
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After learning that she’s Peachville’s Prima, Harper has to adapt to a new position in the town’s power structure. She’s immediately elevated to the top of the cheerleader pyramid. But she finds her charmed practice sneakers tampered with and she takes a nasty tumble and just knows one of her team mates is to blame. But it’s still a minor jealousy compared to feeling like she was the one targeted when one of the visiting Primas goes missing, who had been innocently charmed to look like Harper. A ...more
Kasey Mart-Fridley
SPOLIERS!!!!

Omg!!!! This book was so intense and so informative. I have to say, this book is my fav so far out of the series. (We'll see as I keep reading lol)
Let's see characters
Harper - Gosh I love how strong she has become in this book. She has also been thru so much. And she has conquered thru it all.

Jackson- ahh my fictional demon boyfriend. His past is so sad. And what he did was heroic. Sure he killed people but he did it to save his brother who is pretty much a slave to a witch. Yes t
Geri
Feb 28, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book got really sluggish in the middle. It was like the author did no pre-planning because the character would ask questions, wanting answers to secrets, but whenever she was with someone she could ask it would be “I didn’t have time to ask”. It was so frustrating. It really felt like the author didn’t have answers for her own world.
It also felt like the author forgot things we’d already learnt. Like when Harper asks Jackson why he knows all these things, we already know he can see the fut
Cherry Blossom
Cons:

The writting is sometimes rushed and choppy in some areas and can be repetitive at times especially in the latter chapters.

The protagnoist is a bit slow at times and depends upon people to tell her things that she sometimes already know.

Some parts are info dumpy.

Haper's endless pinning for Jackson really got on my last nerves. Someone is trying to kill her and all she thinks about is her love interest.

Lack of self perservation.

The plot can be predictible at times.

Pros:

The plot is very uniq
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Challenge Corner: Bitter Demons, by Sarra Cannon 3 7 Jul 29, 2018 11:15AM
Buddy Read Zone: Bitter Demons 63 33 Jan 01, 2013 06:50PM

• Twin Souls (Nevermore, #1)
  • Chosen by Grace (Divine Fate, #1)
  • The Vampire Trap (City of Wishes #2)
  • Dragon's Awakening (Heir of Dragons #1)
  • The Memory Thief (City of Wishes #1)
  • Different (Tainted Elements, #1)
  • Clarity (Cursed, #2)
  • The Faerie Prince (Creepy Hollow, #2)
  • Rae of Hope (The Chronicles of Kerrigan #1)
  • The Shadows (Shadows, #1)
  • Verity (Cursed, #1)
  • Dangerous (Element Preservers, #1)
  • Purity (Cursed #3)
  • Dead at Twilight (Shaded Falls, #1)
  • The Faerie Guardian (Creepy Hollow, #1)
  • Fire in Frost (Crystal Frost, #1)
  • The Faerie War (Creepy Hollow, #3)
  • Christmas Magic (Christmas Magic #1)

The Shadow Demons Saga (10 books)
  • Beautiful Demons (The Shadow Demons Saga #1)
  • Inner Demons (The Shadow Demons Saga, #2)
  • Shadow Demons (The Shadow Demons Saga #4)
  • Rival Demons (The Shadow Demons Saga #5)
  • Demons Forever (The Shadow Demons Saga #6)
  • Emerald Darkness (The Shadow Demons Saga #7)
  • Forgotten Darkness (The Shadow Demons Saga #8)
  • Beyond The Darkness (The Shadow Demons Saga Book 9)
  • Deceiving Darkness (The Shadow Demons Saga, #10)

News & Interviews