Romance Audiobooks discussion

Audiobook Discussions > Another Hard-to-Find Makes it to Digital

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (LeaHensleysAudiobooks) | 1529 comments Mod
Nora Roberts' Carnal Innocence narrated by Tom Stechschulte.

Brenda and I have raved about this narration before. The book is dated but fine entertainment nonetheless.

Why don't we start listing the hard-to-finds as we discover their digital release here in this thread? To start with, what have you see in the past month?

Krissie | 202 comments Three wonderful unabridged Linda Howard books: Mr Perfect, Now You See Her, and Open Season (previously only as an abridged version).

Brenda Audiobooks Only | 636 comments Mod
Recorded Books has released 6 unabridged Amanda Quick books narrated by Barbara Rosenblatt in the last two months.

Mistress
Mischief
Affair
With This Ring
I Thee Wed
Wicked Widow

Which leaves Quick's Mystique and Slightly Shady as the two HTF Rosenblatt narrations not yet available.

message 4: by Brenda (last edited Apr 06, 2012 06:32PM) (new)

Brenda Audiobooks Only | 636 comments Mod
Simon and Schuster - who we have to thank for the unabridged Linda Howard's (yay!) - has also released several other Hard To Find unabridged books in the last two months by romance authors -

Jayne Ann Krentz
Karen Robards
Barbara Delinsky
Jude Deveraux
Sandra Brown

They've released several other oldies by authors I'm not familiar with - if you search at Audible for Simon and Schuster and then click the drop down box so that it shows you their books by "release date" you might find some treasures of your own as you scroll through their offerings from the last few months.

Krissie | 202 comments We should also mention that Jayne Ann Krentz's FLASH is narrated by Anna Fields under her alternate name.

message 6: by Brittany B. (last edited Apr 06, 2012 02:11PM) (new)

Brittany B. (Benoibe) | 310 comments Krissie wrote: "We should also mention that Jayne Ann Krentz's FLASH is narrated by Anna Fields under her alternate name."

K, Do you recommend that book? I've never read Jayne Ann Krentz. Only bc I don't know where to begin.

Carnal Innocence was a big release! I immediately purchased it.

Krissie | 202 comments I haven't heard it yet, but Anna Fields could turn even the weakest book into greatness. Krentz can be wonderful -- she's done some fabulous books. Since she's so prolific they can't all be winners, but even if this is a weaker one, Anna Fields will bring it up a notch or two.

BiblioJen | 21 comments Brittany B. wrote: "Krissie wrote: "We should also mention that Jayne Ann Krentz's FLASH is narrated by Anna Fields under her alternate name."

K, Do you recommend that book? I've never read Jayne Ann Krentz. Only bc ..."

Brittany - sorry for sort of jumping in here, but I would highly recommend JAK. I have not read "Flash," but I have read most of her "Arcane Society" series, which stretches across all of her pen names - JAK, Amanda Quick, and Jayne Castle - and I love them. I should add ... the Arcane Society books are all paranormal romances of the generally psychic variety, so if that isn't your thing ... best to know now. I have really enjoyed that series, and have most of it on audiobook from Audible.

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (LeaHensleysAudiobooks) | 1529 comments Mod
This time it is Linda Howard's All the Queen's Men.

http://www.audible.com/pd/ref=sr_1_1?...

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Amanda Quick (other topics)
Jayne Ann Krentz (other topics)
Sandra Brown (other topics)
Jude Deveraux (other topics)
Karen Robards (other topics)
More...