The Sword and Laser discussion

The Hobbit (Middle-Earth Universe)
This topic is about The Hobbit
The Hobbit > Hobbit Week on the Colbert Report

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rob, S&L Forum Mod (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rob (robzak) | 2651 comments Mod
I forgot to post this sooner, but it's Hobbit Week on the Colbert Report. He's got a bunch of movie related interviews this week as well as a bunch of other stuff including a Middle Earth map of NYC I guess.

Tor.com has more info (including a picture of the map)

message 2: by Rob, S&L Forum Mod (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rob (robzak) | 2651 comments Mod
No idea if this is viewable to anyone outside the US, but here are all the interviews from the official website:

Ian McKellen
Martin Freeman
Andy Serkis
Peter Jackson

Leanne (neverwhere9) | 50 comments I just wish the Colbert Report were longer so the interviews could be longer. :-(

All the interviews were really great though. Well worth your time!

Gally | 25 comments Leanne wrote: "I just wish the Colbert Report were longer so the interviews could be longer. :-("

I've always wondered why Colbert doesn't do longer interviews and post it on the website like The Daily Show.

Fantastic interview with Ian McKellen... "Gandalf the Gay," haha XD

Thomas Hay (wwwthomaslhaycom) | 2 comments What the Sam Hill? How does one transform a memoir into a Sci-Fi novel?

Todd (Motorcycleman) | 31 comments I love how into Tolkien Stephen is. He baits his guests into trivia contests then ever so douchily lords his vast Hobbit/LoTR knowledge over them.

message 7: by Walter (last edited Dec 20, 2012 10:58AM) (new)

Walter Spence (WalterSpence) | 336 comments Colbert was recently interviewed by Playboy magazine, and his love of Tolkien came up in the latter part of the article. In fact, it is hinted that Colbert was an extra in the filmed version of The Hobbit, though he never confirmed the rumor.

Here's a link to a copy of the interview: http://www.ericspitznagel.com/celebri...

unread topics | mark unread