Start by marking “The Sending (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #7)” as Want to Read:
The Sending (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #7)

The Sending (The Obernewtyn Chronicles: North American Editions #7)

4.19  ·  Rating Details  ·  258 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Paperback, United States/Canada edition, 480 pages
Published July 10th 2012 by Bluefire

To ask other readers questions about The Sending, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sending

Mikaela
Nov 30, 2011 Mikaela marked it as to-read
Oh wow. I seriously salute you if you are acutally up to this one. I'm pretty sure I read up to about 1/2 way through number five and just gave up. As brilliant as these books are, Carmody has a tendency to waffle. And take about 10 years to publish her next book. Ah well.
Renee
Nov 11, 2011 Renee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In all honesty I was a little angry while reading this book., in hindsight though this is probably because I had a particular idea in my mind as to how The Sending should be written. Obviously it was different to my own day dreaming of Elspeth's next step in the journey that I have taken with her for the last 18 years. If you see a keen follower of the Obernewtyn Chonicles you will push through the first few chapters but I could understand why some people would find it hard. All in all I enjoyed ...more
Oldben
Jan 16, 2012 Oldben rated it liked it
I was so disappointed that this is not the last book. Unfortunately, my disappointment overshadowed my excitement at reading this book.

It was definitely enjoyable and in some places it was hard to put down. I just wish that we weren't being strung along to wait for another book.
รнαяk αdvσcαтє [lєvi] diรтυяbєd wяiтєя
-sigh-
I'm not even sure what to say about this book. I think splitting the last book into two parts was a really bad idea. Granted, the second half might be super awesome and I hope it will be, but this book was a waste of time. I felt no rising action, no involvement in the story, and what was like 200-300 pages could easily have been cut down to 100 or less if only the important events were included.
This book was instead lots of land description and passive reflecting and observing on the part
Halley Todd
Mar 09, 2015 Halley Todd rated it liked it
a slow installment
Shannon
Apr 25, 2014 Shannon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love this series, but waited f-o-r-e-v-e-r for this one to be available, and it looks like it could be even longer for the last two. The story is on the path toward the finale, so waiting is hard :(
This series was originally published in Australia, but the breaking points for the books don't match, plus some titles are the same and some are combined volumes. Makes it very confusing.
Kirsty Haining
3.5 stars. I've liked most of the entire series of the Obernewtyn Chronicles, but the fact is that this installment was simply not as good as the others. There was a lot of review. But mostly there was just too much first person interior reflection and not enough action. The story was not even finished. It just stopped midway.
Louzel
Nov 04, 2011 Louzel marked it as to-read
YAYYYY!!! finally the last book i cant believe how many years we've all waited for this final book to come! hope the sending is just as epic as all the other books in this series! <3
Liz
Jan 02, 2014 Liz rated it it was amazing
Very good.
Tyler
Tyler marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
Mia
Mia marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2016
Georgeana
Georgeana marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2016
Mary
Mary added it
Aug 15, 2016
Ava
Ava rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2016
Emma
Emma added it
Aug 08, 2016
Amber Wharton
Amber Wharton marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2016
Tess
Tess rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2016
Erin
Erin rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2016
Gillian
Gillian rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2016
Leah Mcrae
Leah Mcrae marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2016
Christy Ngo
Christy Ngo marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2016
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2016
Nickie
Nickie marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
Tanya
Tanya marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Katy Petersen
Katy Petersen marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
Emilie
Emilie rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2016
  • Darkfall (Healing Wars, #3)
  • The Last T'En (Last T'En Trilogy, #1)
  • Rose and the Silver Ghost (Rose, #4)
  • The Devil's Causeway: The True Story of America's First Prisoners of War in the Philippines, and the Heroic Expedition Sent to Their Rescue
  • The Magic Word
  • Selected Letters
  • Alexandra
  • Silverboy
  • Flotsam
  • Mossad - Os Carrascos do Kidon
  • Guardian of the Earth House (Elemental Phases, #2)
  • Asking for Trouble
  • The Riddle of the Gnome (Further Tales Adventures, #5)
  • Mabel the Lovelorn Dwarf
  • The Loathsome Library: A Box of Unfortunate Events, Books 1-6 (The Bad Beginning; The Reptile Room; The Wide Window; The Miserable Mill; The Austere Academy; The Ersatz Elevator)
  • Henry Reed's Think Tank
  • Autumn's Fall (Vandeveer University, #2)
  • Talus
Isobelle Carmody began the first novel of her highly acclaimed Obernewtyn Chronicles while she was still in high school. The series has established her at the forefront of fantasy writing in Australia.

In addition to her young-adult novels, such as the Obernewtyn Chronicles and Alyzon Whitestarr, Isobelle's published works include several middle-grade fantasies. Her still-unfinished Gateway Trilogy
More about Isobelle Carmody...

The Obernewtyn Chronicles: North American Editions (8 books)
  • Obernewtyn (Obernewtyn Chronicles, #1)
  • The Farseekers (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #2)
  • Ashling (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #3)
  • The Keeping Place (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #4)
  • Wavesong (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #5)
  • The Stone Key (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #6)
  • The Waking Dragon (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #8)