Start by marking “The Sending (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #7)” as Want to Read:
The Sending (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #7)

The Sending (The Obernewtyn Chronicles: North American Editions #7)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  184 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Paperback, United States/Canada edition, 480 pages
Published July 10th 2012 by Bluefire

To ask other readers questions about The Sending, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sending

Mikaela
Nov 30, 2011 Mikaela marked it as to-read
Oh wow. I seriously salute you if you are acutally up to this one. I'm pretty sure I read up to about 1/2 way through number five and just gave up. As brilliant as these books are, Carmody has a tendency to waffle. And take about 10 years to publish her next book. Ah well.
Renee
In all honesty I was a little angry while reading this book., in hindsight though this is probably because I had a particular idea in my mind as to how The Sending should be written. Obviously it was different to my own day dreaming of Elspeth's next step in the journey that I have taken with her for the last 18 years. If you see a keen follower of the Obernewtyn Chonicles you will push through the first few chapters but I could understand why some people would find it hard. All in all I enjoyed ...more
Oldben
I was so disappointed that this is not the last book. Unfortunately, my disappointment overshadowed my excitement at reading this book.

It was definitely enjoyable and in some places it was hard to put down. I just wish that we weren't being strung along to wait for another book.
Halley Todd
a slow installment
Shannon
Love this series, but waited f-o-r-e-v-e-r for this one to be available, and it looks like it could be even longer for the last two. The story is on the path toward the finale, so waiting is hard :(
This series was originally published in Australia, but the breaking points for the books don't match, plus some titles are the same and some are combined volumes. Makes it very confusing.
Kirsty Haining
3.5 stars. I've liked most of the entire series of the Obernewtyn Chronicles, but the fact is that this installment was simply not as good as the others. There was a lot of review. But mostly there was just too much first person interior reflection and not enough action. The story was not even finished. It just stopped midway.
Louzel
Nov 04, 2011 Louzel marked it as to-read
YAYYYY!!! finally the last book i cant believe how many years we've all waited for this final book to come! hope the sending is just as epic as all the other books in this series! <3
Liz
Very good.
Tstine1990
Tstine1990 marked it as to-read
Jeanie Adams
Jeanie Adams marked it as to-read
Taschakim
Taschakim marked it as to-read
Beata
Beata marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Miri Marta
Miri Marta marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Jaye
Jaye marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
Marisa
Marisa marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
jessica
jessica marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Miss
Miss marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Brianna Lockett
Brianna Lockett marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Ngh
Ngh added it
Jun 29, 2015
Ellenabobbin
Ellenabobbin marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Rhonda Warren
Rhonda Warren marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
  • Rose and the Silver Ghost (Rose, #4)
  • Darkfall (Healing Wars, #3)
  • The Last T'En (Last T'En Trilogy, #1)
  • Senrid
  • The Devil's Causeway: The True Story of America's First Prisoners of War in the Philippines, and the Heroic Expedition Sent to Their Rescue
  • Dragon Princess
  • The Exile's Gift (Exile, #2)
  • Blood Storm (Lharmell, #2)
  • Time of Trial (The Laws of Magic, #4)
  • The Complete Book of the Flower Fairies
  • Fox and Phoenix (Long City, #1)
  • Far to Go
  • The Loathsome Library: A Box of Unfortunate Events, Books 1-6 (The Bad Beginning; The Reptile Room; The Wide Window; The Miserable Mill; The Austere Academy; The Ersatz Elevator)
  • Selby's Secret (Selby, #1)
  • Pathfinder Campaign Setting:  The Inner Sea World Guide
  • WeirDo (WeirDo #1)
  • Talus
  • The World's Greatest Unsolved Crimes
Isobelle Carmody began the first novel of her highly acclaimed Obernewtyn Chronicles while she was still in high school. The series has established her at the forefront of fantasy writing in Australia.

In addition to her young-adult novels, such as the Obernewtyn Chronicles and Alyzon Whitestarr, Isobelle's published works include several middle-grade fantasies. Her still-unfinished Gateway Trilogy
More about Isobelle Carmody...

The Obernewtyn Chronicles: North American Editions (8 books)
  • Obernewtyn (Obernewtyn Chronicles, #1)
  • The Farseekers (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #2)
  • Ashling (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #3)
  • The Keeping Place (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #4)
  • Wavesong (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #5)
  • The Stone Key (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #6)
  • The Waking Dragon (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #8)
Obernewtyn (Obernewtyn Chronicles, #1) The Farseekers (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #2) Ashling (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #3) The Keeping Place (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #4) The Stone Key (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #5)