The Sending (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #7)

The Sending (The Obernewtyn Chronicles: North American Editions #7)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  141 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Once shunned as a Misfit for the powers that set her apart, Elspeth Gordie has finally found happiness and love. But when she receives the long-awaited summons to begin her final quest, she must slip out in the night and leave all that she loves behind without saying a single goodbye. Elspeth sets off across the toxic Blacklands with the help of a pack of mutant wolves to...more
Paperback, United States/Canada edition, 480 pages
Published July 10th 2012 by Bluefire

To ask other readers questions about The Sending, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sending

Mikaela
Nov 30, 2011 Mikaela marked it as to-read
Oh wow. I seriously salute you if you are acutally up to this one. I'm pretty sure I read up to about 1/2 way through number five and just gave up. As brilliant as these books are, Carmody has a tendency to waffle. And take about 10 years to publish her next book. Ah well.
Renee
In all honesty I was a little angry while reading this book., in hindsight though this is probably because I had a particular idea in my mind as to how The Sending should be written. Obviously it was different to my own day dreaming of Elspeth's next step in the journey that I have taken with her for the last 18 years. If you see a keen follower of the Obernewtyn Chonicles you will push through the first few chapters but I could understand why some people would find it hard. All in all I enjoyed...more
Oldben
I was so disappointed that this is not the last book. Unfortunately, my disappointment overshadowed my excitement at reading this book.

It was definitely enjoyable and in some places it was hard to put down. I just wish that we weren't being strung along to wait for another book.
Shannon
Love this series, but waited f-o-r-e-v-e-r for this one to be available, and it looks like it could be even longer for the last two. The story is on the path toward the finale, so waiting is hard :(
This series was originally published in Australia, but the breaking points for the books don't match, plus some titles are the same and some are combined volumes. Makes it very confusing.
Louzel
Nov 04, 2011 Louzel marked it as to-read
YAYYYY!!! finally the last book i cant believe how many years we've all waited for this final book to come! hope the sending is just as epic as all the other books in this series! <3
Liz
Very good.
Jaime
Jaime marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Melissa Higey
Melissa Higey marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Michelle Hollands
Michelle Hollands marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Royalsea
Royalsea marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Jo Dernedde
Jo Dernedde marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
☠Shad☠
☠Shad☠ marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Shilo
Shilo marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Katie Bowers
Katie Bowers marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Rhianna Neel
Rhianna Neel marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Amy Gordon
Amy Gordon marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
  • The Lost Boy (The Iron Witch, #0.5)
  • One Hot Murder (Victoria Square, #3)
  • Culinary Reactions: The Everyday Chemistry of Cooking
  • Rose and the Magician's Mask (Rose, #3)
  • The Devil's Causeway: The True Story of America's First Prisoners of War in the Philippines, and the Heroic Expedition Sent to Their Rescue
  • Senrid
  • Darkfall (Healing Wars, #3)
  • Storm (Blood Haze, #2)
  • Quick Bites: A Short Story Collection (Jaz Parks, #4.6)
  • What the Birds See
  • Petrodor (A Trial of Blood & Steel, #2)
  • Untitled Maura of Dunlath Book
  • The Mirror of Fire and Dreaming (Brotherhood of the Conch, #2)
  • A Place of Confinement (A Dido Kent Mystery, #4)
  • Golden Malicious (Orchard, #7)
  • Harbinger (Book of the Order, #4)
  • Weight of Stone (Vineart War #2)
  • Immortal War (Vampirates, #6)
Isobelle Carmody began the first novel of her highly acclaimed Obernewtyn Chronicles while she was still in high school. The series has established her at the forefront of fantasy writing in Australia.

In addition to her young-adult novels, such as the Obernewtyn Chronicles and Alyzon Whitestarr, Isobelle's published works include several middle-grade fantasies. Her still-unfinished Gateway Trilogy...more
More about Isobelle Carmody...
Obernewtyn (Obernewtyn Chronicles, #1) The Farseekers (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #2) Ashling (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #3) The Keeping Place (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #4) The Stone Key (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #5)