Start by marking “Grace's Turn” as Want to Read:
Grace's Turn

Grace's Turn

Readers will root for a small-town girl with Broadway dreams on every page ofthis compelling, fast-paced tale.
Published August 22nd 2006 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Grace's Turn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grace's Turn

Jody
Jul 03, 2012 Jody rated it really liked it
This book is more like a 3.5 stars for me, but without that option, I gave it 4.

I honestly only picked up this book because the author is Christy Carlson Romano, the same reason I read "Modelland" and "Elixir" because all were celebrity authors. For those who don't know who Christy Romano is, she's the one who acts as Ren Stevens, the old sister in the Disney show Even Stevens.

I found this book was a good, fast read, but nothing really happens. Everything in this book is predictable and expecte
Jennifer Wardrip
May 05, 2008 Jennifer Wardrip rated it liked it
Reviewed by Sally Kruger, aka "Readinngjunky" for TeensReadToo.com

Grace's dream is to become an actress. Her parents, her brother and sister, her best friend, and her new boyfriend seem determined to discourage her.

After a successful experience at a summer drama camp, Grace sets her mind to changing her image. She plans to make her junior year one to remember. She plans to get a serious boyfriend for the first time, and along comes Hunter, one of the most popular boys in school. Her next plan i
Valerie
Oct 17, 2010 Valerie rated it really liked it
Shelves: theatre
I really enjoyed this book, but it is not one of my all time favorites, but it is a good, short read non the less. I am an actress myself, and I personally can easily relate to Grace's situation of trying to become a professional actress, and I believe that is what made the book so interesting to me.
The plot is not terribly complex, and it is fairly predictable. I honestly thought Grace should have had more obsticals in her way rather that having everything go nearly perfectly for her, and in th
Ariadne
Dec 18, 2011 Ariadne rated it it was amazing
'Grace's Turn' by Christy Carlson Romano, is a fantastic read about determination, talent, and conflict of values. It shows the importance of working hard to get the results that you want, not just by waiting for it and hope you get it.

This book I can personally relate to, as I also have aspirations of becoming an actress, yet am unsure and afraid of what the future might hold in stall for me, if I do take on this path. As I read this book, I began to learn some new things, and these taught me w
The Library Lady
Oct 11, 2007 The Library Lady rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-books
It's uneven--the plot has a lot that needed to be better fleshed out. Things come up and are dropped abruptly, and some of the characters are less than believable. But the warmth of Grace's family (which I expect may be autobiographical) shines through, and the uneveness of the writing took away my suspicion that Ms Romano had help in writing this!
Stage struck girls will enjoy this, as will those who just like a fun high school read.
Mayalekach
Dec 22, 2014 Mayalekach rated it liked it
Well I read it in a day but that doesn't say too much. Alright message at the end about friends v. relationships, finding your passions and diving into them, etc, i.e. alright feminist message. Could have been a little less G. Are we really supposed to believe that the yearlong relationship Grace has with Hunter (hunker) has Saturday night dates that consistently end with kisses on cheeks???

Rowen
Apr 08, 2011 Rowen rated it really liked it
i was kind of disappointed when it came to the ending of this book because i wanted to know if grace got the part and if she ended up staying with hunter and what tom was going to do about college.
Mackenzie
May 07, 2009 Mackenzie rated it it was ok
Sadie
Aug 09, 2009 Sadie rated it really liked it
I would have given it 5 stars but since the book in some parts was a little too predicting i will only give it 4
Sydney
Mar 10, 2014 Sydney rated it liked it
I liked this book, but it wasn't one of my favorites. I think Grace's situation is a little unrealistic and the people around her annoyed me. Grace's character was a little empty.
Kati
May 04, 2012 Kati rated it liked it
It Was Just Like Every Other Disney Movie. Not That I'm Saying Disney Movies Aren't Awesome. Because They Are. But Sometimes You Just Want Something Different.
Emma
Sep 28, 2011 Emma rated it it was amazing
Great, quick read. I thought Christy did a great job at providing a realistic picture of high school too.
Cassie Johnson
Oct 23, 2011 Cassie Johnson rated it it was ok
Gah, Hunter, I want to punch you!
I hate guys like this.
And then...Grace, you must not abandon thine friends.
That's just jerk-ish.
This drove me nuts.
It was sadness. :C
Jennifer Currey
Jennifer Currey rated it liked it
Jul 30, 2008
Crystal
Crystal rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2011
Meredith
Meredith rated it liked it
Apr 01, 2009
Grace Gygrynuk
Grace Gygrynuk rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2015
Krista
Krista rated it it was ok
Dec 23, 2013
Luke
Luke rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2007
Melissa Posten
Melissa Posten rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2015
Kendra
Kendra rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2012
Emily Gardner
Emily Gardner rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2016
Mo
Mo rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2010
Des
Des rated it did not like it
Mar 23, 2011
Alaina
Alaina rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2012
Ash
Ash rated it it was ok
Jan 08, 2009
Jenna
Jenna rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2013
Sara
Sara rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2008
Claire
Claire rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Christy Carlson Romano is the voice of Kim on Kim Possible, and starred as Belle in Broadway’s Beauty and the Beast. Ms. Romano has starred in two Emmy-nominated television series. She has studied ballet at the School of American Ballet and is a graduate of The Professional Children’s School, both in New York City. Christy Carlson Romano is from Milford, Connecticut. She currently resides in Calif ...more
More about Christy Carlson Romano...