Start by marking “Eagle Day (Henderson's Boys, #2)” as Want to Read:
Eagle Day (Henderson's Boys, #2)

Eagle Day (Henderson's Boys #2)

4.11  ·  Rating Details ·  2,242 Ratings  ·  69 Reviews
It is late summer, 1940, and Hitler has conquered France. Now he intends to cross the Channel and defeat Britain before winter arrives. A group of young refugees led by British spy Charles Henderson faces a stark choice—to head south into the safety of neutral Spain, or go north on a risky mission to sabotage the German invasion plans. For official purposes, these children ...more
Published June 4th 2009 by Hodder & Stoughton

To ask other readers questions about Eagle Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eagle Day

Jordan McCrae
Apr 06, 2015 Jordan McCrae rated it really liked it
Dan
Jul 06, 2014 Dan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
This second volume in the prequel series to Cherub, set in World War II, moves things along rather well. Whilst The Escape was the story of some children caught up in the German invasion of France, this is the story of how a group of children end up working for British intelligence during the war. Rosie, Paul, Marc and new character PT have met British spy Charles Henderson and are headed to the safety of England but Henderson has a mission for them first.

My favorite thing about this story is t
Tony
Feb 24, 2011 Tony rated it really liked it
Before I talk about this book I must mention that I admire the author and his publicist for the way they treat fans. I have been to a fair few signings in my time, and I am pleased that my son likes to go and meet his favourite authors too. I took my son and a friend of his to one of the Cherub series book signings, a lovely young lady walked up and down the signing queue giving out Cherub badges for free. This impressed me so much that I can even forgive Mr Muchamore being an Arsenal fan.

This i
Tarifa Versteeg
Nov 14, 2016 Tarifa Versteeg rated it really liked it
3,5 stars
William
Nov 02, 2016 William rated it really liked it
Eagle Day (Henderson's Boys, #2) is a suspenseful, action packed book. There is almost always something exciting happening. This book takes place during World War II inside of France. Henderson, the only British spy left inside of enemy territory (France), works with a group of kids who one way or another don't have any parents with them. He is being counted on to access German plans and report them back to England. When the day finally comes to escape back to Britain, they run into some bumps ...more
Cheryl Dunick
Jul 10, 2010 Cheryl Dunick rated it liked it
Once again I find myself reading young adult books! This book is the third in the series "Henderson's Boys" and again follows the same type of storyline as others he has written. This series is the prequel to the Cherub series that he has written and still writing. I find all the books to be much of a muchness - young children used as undercover agents is an entirely feasible idea though the United Nations may have a raging debate over this in the future I guess. This book introduces the reader ...more
Cameron Schache
May 19, 2015 Cameron Schache rated it it was amazing
Charles Henderson is a Brittish spy and along with four kids and his girlfriend plans to stop Hitlers advance to conquer Brittan. Becoming the general who is planning the attacks personal translator gives a major boost to his plan to stop Hitler.

I decided to read this book because I had read the last one in the series and I loved it So I had to read this one.

A character I liked from this book was PT. when he sees his dad and older brother shot in front of him he gets on a boat and flees America,
Bernie Li
Jun 14, 2012 Bernie Li rated it really liked it
This is the second book of the Henderson Boys, the book starts off with Charles Henderson (a British Spy)being reunited with 4 kids: Marc, Rosie, Paul and PT. This happens in 1940 and after the sinking of the SS Cardiff Bay they find themselves living on a run down farm near Calais. Soon after, Marc/Paul gets stitched up (can't remember who) and the whole group learns more about PT and his criminal life. Charles then sets out to retrieve the needed info about the German base in Norway so he uses ...more
Kerenza
Dec 14, 2013 Kerenza rated it really liked it
I has read the first book a while back and hadn't had time to read the next one so when it saw it in the Library I jumped at the chance of reading it. I am really clear that it did live up to my standards.

I loved the characters PT, Marc and Henderson and I felt that they all really grew as characters and were being carried on written well. The other character, I felt need a little more work especially Rosie.

I really Loved the plot line even through it was simplistic and was very believable and
Melindaaaa
Feb 12, 2014 Melindaaaa rated it really liked it
Super, super, super. Skvělé pokračování prequelu (jak se to řekne česky?) prvního příběhu o CHERUB. Opět se setkáváme s Hendersonem, Maxine, Paulem, Marcem a PT. Dozvídáme se něco málo o PTho minulosti a Henderson pomalu začíná pracovat na přesunu zpět do jeho rodné Anglie. To ale v době války samozřejmě není vůbec lehké. Musí se nejprve dostat co nejblíže německému vedení ve Francii. Děti jsou překvapivě velice nápomocny a v Hendersonově hlavě se rodí nápad na dětskou špionážní jednotku.
Končen
Rory
Jun 04, 2012 Rory rated it it was amazing
This book is the sequel to The Escape in the Henderson's Boys series and. The Escape was a very good book and Eagle Day follows in it's footsteps. Again, it follows more than one character and even adds some more after The Escape. Being the second book in the series, it's one that many would not remember. When you think of the Henderson's Boys series, you will often think of The Escape and maybe the last book you read. Eagle day is a book that does not stand out among the series, but is just as ...more
Stargirl
J'ai encore passée un très bon moment avec un livre de Robert Muchamore, ça ne rate jamais!
J'ai beaucoup apprécié que ce tome reprenne directement après les évènements du tome 1. Quand on change de tome dans une série, il y a souvent un lapse de temps plus ou moins long qui est écoulé, et étant un peu frustrée dans ces cas là, je ne peux que plus apprécier quand tout s'enchaine!
J'apprécie les aventures des fondateurs de Cherub et j'ai hâte d'en savoir plus.
Un récit d'espionnage pendant la secon
Jack Eichner
May 23, 2013 Jack Eichner rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book very much. This was a sequel in the prequel series I am reading. It is about the same characters who are spys in occupied France during the second war. I really liked the way the story worked. It showed many different viewpoints throughout. I also liked how they talked about the proposed invasion of England. I really liked the history part of the book. I love to read about the second world war. This is right up my alley. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who ...more
William McGinn
Jun 28, 2016 William McGinn rated it did not like it
0.5/4 F

DNF at page 300, and I never DNF books. This book was a first for Robert Muchamore: totally boring. Not to mention there are so many things out of place, off-base, with no suspense around its already-know-how-it-will-go-down plot, and though Paul is given his chance to shine, there's nothing else to make me ever dive into this series again. And I liked the first book!

You can read my full review at http://weldonwitness.weebly.com/books...
Yoon Hwan
Oct 23, 2014 Yoon Hwan rated it it was amazing
In the start of the book the author explains that is the situations of the war, who is fighting with who so i was really confused and I thought this will be very boring. However it was only a introduction so after chapter one the story became easy to understand and there were lots of action. As you read on there are lots of suspense in the book. I will recommend this book to everyone above 8 years old.
Zach
May 25, 2012 Zach rated it liked it
I was a little disappointed in this second in the series due to the fact that it was not much different than the first. the settings of both stories are very developed but the setting in this book seems to be a bit to similar to the first one. In this book, more characters join Paul, Marc and the rest of the gang. Despite this books very familial plot, the ending is one that is unexpected and ends this book with a bang.
Nina
Feb 22, 2014 Nina rated it it was ok
All I have to say is that PT is just as bad as Charles Henderson. Bloody jerks. And also, I just found this book to be boring and unstimulating, to say the least. I did not find any connections with any of the characters. And instead of liking someone or something, I was wallowing in despair and trying to think of other books to read after I finish this series. These books are short reads with large font, but you know, there are much better other stories possibly similar to this.

Goodbye.
David Vivona
Nov 17, 2013 David Vivona rated it really liked it
Eagle Day continues the story of Marc, Charles Henderson, and Paul and Rosie. Here, they help the British successfully bomb Nazi ports to prevent an invasion of Britain before they escape from France. It has thrills, suspense, and more but I don't want to ruin it so you'll have to read it to find out more
Samantha
Jul 07, 2010 Samantha rated it it was amazing
I didn't really think I'd like this series as much as the original Cherub ones. It's set in war time, and I'm not really one for war stories, but it does give an accurate portrayal and is an interesting (fairly kid friendly) way to learn about the way war affected the average citizen. Well done Muchamore.
Edward Collinson
Nov 13, 2014 Edward Collinson rated it really liked it
Its in the 1940's and Charles Henderson and his young recruits are being hunted by the Gestapo. And they need to get from France to England but the boats are only for soldiers. Read this book to experience the spies fight for their lives. Will they make it back to England or will they be discovered? Read on!
Lynda
Apr 01, 2016 Lynda added it
Gritty novel set in World War II Europe. Definitely young adult reading, teenage years and up. Charles Henderson, the only British spy in occupied France in 1940, recruits an unlikely bunch of orphans and misfits. Their spy ring staves off the proposed Nazi invasion of England. Very readable, the first in the series 'The Henderson Kids'.
Nathan
Nov 03, 2011 Nathan rated it really liked it
A group of children lead by a British spy Charles Henderson face a huge choice. Head into neutral Spain or or stay in france and sabotage german invasioin plans. I think that is book was a pretty good book it had a mixture of action, drama and comedy.
Benedict King
Aug 27, 2016 Benedict King rated it really liked it
A good sequel to "The Escape", but lacked the pace and excitement... of course the rest of the series is laid out to become awesome and well written. Recommended 100% if you are a fan of CHERUB or other war-time spy novels. Although, it is slightly different.
Farseer
Jul 28, 2016 Farseer rated it it was amazing
Actually the second half of the story started in book 1 of the series. These two books should be read together.

After the first book introduced the characters and got them together, this one shows their first undercover mission. Very entertaining and readable, like the original CHERUB books.
Jacinta
Sep 14, 2011 Jacinta rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everybody
Shelves: spies
Well gotta love PT and MARC in this book. You have also got to love what CHARLES HENDERSON and what he gets up to hihihi an d well PAUL just is not innocent or well has no sign of innocence anywhere after :)
Jessica H
Feb 08, 2011 Jessica H rated it liked it
Shelves: henderson-boys
Eagle Day is about Charles Henderson and the orphans trying to escape from Paris to England. This book has lots of good action in it and it is good for 11 and up. I really enjoyed reading this book because the author creates a really good picture in your mind.
Vaughn
Dec 28, 2010 Vaughn rated it really liked it
Second book in the Henderson Boys series about a group of young boys being trained as spies during WWII.
We meet more recruits as Nazi Germany invades France.
This series is not yet available in US books stores so you need to order it from the UK amazon site.
Alex Folkins
Jul 13, 2015 Alex Folkins rated it it was amazing
Great book, addictive. I could not put it down. it was cool to see how everything from Cherub started.
Anna
Jan 06, 2016 Anna rated it really liked it
A good follow up to 'The Escape', Eagle Day is about the same group of agents and exciting missions.

It's good yeah, but no motivation in it to continue reading!
Sophia
Aug 12, 2013 Sophia rated it really liked it
IDK MAN I JUST REALLY LIKE PT
But they're saying that this little Henderson's boys will be for BOYS so where does Rosie go?
  • Hurricane Gold
  • Power
  • Aftershock (H.I.V.E., #7)
  • The Eternal War (TimeRiders, #4)
  • Agent 21 (Agent 21, #1)
  • Dark Hunter (Villain.Net, #2)
  • Traitor (Boy Soldier, #1)
Robert Muchamore was born in Islington, London in 1972. He still lives there, and worked as a private investigator up until 2005 and the critically-accepted release of Maximum Security.

The Hunger Games phenomenon is part of the huge YA / Children's book explosion that has grown, thanks to the British Rat pack of YA authors, Anthony Horowitz, Robert Muchamore, Joe Craig and Charlie Higson. We owe
More about Robert Muchamore...

Henderson's Boys (7 books)
  • The Escape (Henderson's Boys, #1)
  • Secret Army (Henderson's Boys, #3)
  • Grey Wolves (Henderson's Boys, #4)
  • The Prisoner (Henderson's Boys, #5)
  • One Shot Kill (Henderson's Boys, #6)
  • Scorched Earth (Henderson's Boys, #7)