Start by marking “Intelligence for Your Life: Powerful Lessons for Personal Growth” as Want to Read:
Intelligence for Your Life: Powerful Lessons for Personal Growth

Intelligence for Your Life: Powerful Lessons for Personal Growth

3.76  ·  Rating Details  ·  100 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Almost eight million people across the United States and Canada tune in to John Tesh's syndicated show each week to hear him warmly impart "intelligence for your life" - tips on how to earn your boss's trust, fight jet lag, get out of debt, find your life's calling or even discover the power of prayer. As one major city newspaper referred to him, "He's like Oprah, but with ...more
Published March 9th 2008 by Thomas Nelson Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Intelligence for Your Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Intelligence for Your Life

Sharon
Mar 31, 2009 Sharon rated it it was amazing
This book was about 1,000 times better than I expected it to be! 'Intelligence for Your Life' encourages you to embrace life and be the BEST person you can be. The practical tips are terrific and the fun facts are great conversation starters.
Julia
Aug 24, 2014 Julia rated it it was ok
Shelves: self-help
I've always enjoyed hearing John Tesh give out tidbits of wisdom and advice on his syndicated radio program. He is a life coach, and this book puts all of his knowledge together in one place. He covered many, many topics in this book, but really only touched on each topic. Nothing very deeply explored. His chapter on advising men how to be more manly, was kind of irritating to me. I thought it was a rather narrow approach as to how all men should be. But, despite this irritant, there is lots of ...more
Thitirat B. Luu
Dec 10, 2015 Thitirat B. Luu rated it did not like it
Such an unhealthy information gave to the reader. Please not waste time with this stuff. Not worth your life in all the way. Such a liar writer. And liar morale, insincere and not expressing genuine feelings. He, himself can not do what he tell people to do. He tell people -- Intelligence for Your Life: Powerful Lessons for Personal Growth -- he, himself can not do it and I don't know how how he make up this book from.
Shirley Brosius
Jan 30, 2011 Shirley Brosius rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
This book covers a lot of personal growth territory on its 221 pages. You might call it the ultimate self-help book with chapters on topics as diverse as money, health, marriage, your stay in a hospital and making friends. Most chapters are just two or three pages.

Boxed information offers interesting side notes. For instance, did you know that belts were once a gauge of social status? Did you know that kids who eat dinner with their families five or more nights a week are 50 percent less likely
Colleen  H
Sep 29, 2013 Colleen H rated it it was amazing
I love that John Tesh was originally going to call this book, "Hard Work, Risk and Prayer". Intelligence for Your Life is the name of the broadcast so it had the most name recognition. I'm glad he did that because many more people who aren't necessarily seeking to find God's wisdom and message of love, may pick up the book and find it by surprise. I picked up a copy at a used bookstore in St Augustine, Florida. I love the broadcast as well!
Herb
I frankly expected more from this book. I found some of Mr. Tesh's views to be quite unenlightening and, yes, dull. Later parts of the book were rehashes of other self-help type books. There are a few interesting parts to this book, hence the rating, but I can't really recommend it.
Carolyn
Nov 10, 2011 Carolyn rated it it was amazing
A great book weaved with stories of his life, trivia facts, helpful information about important topics to us all, and good quotes. I didn't know his book would share such sweet and personal stories about him becoming more acquainted with God and I appreciated his courage to share that.
Antonina Zaytseva
Nov 13, 2012 Antonina Zaytseva rated it really liked it
This is a good guide book. It references a few other self help books Tesh claims changed his life. Very east to digest and I found myself using some of the advice that very day. Glad I read it.
Kathleen
Jun 16, 2008 Kathleen rated it liked it
Once again, this book wasn't exactly what I expected. Even so, it pushed me to evaluate my life at this moment in attempt to refine, refresh, and reaffirm my life focus.
Deidra
Jan 20, 2009 Deidra rated it liked it
Our library seems to put a lot of cheesy books by radio personalities in the "New Non-Fiction" section. And for some strange reason, I can't seem to resist them!
Candida
Jan 10, 2009 Candida rated it liked it
Shelves: inspirational
This was a good book with sound advice. I liked the way he talked about how important it was to focus. It seemed to be geared towards men though.
Becky
Nov 15, 2012 Becky rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-improvement
I liked this alright. Some of the trivia tidbits made me laugh out loud and there are a couple of gem tips in here that I am sure I will use.
Connie
Jun 25, 2008 Connie rated it really liked it
This was a wonderful book; short enough to read through quickly but full of wisdom. I will most likely want to buy it for myself.
Aaron
May 26, 2011 Aaron rated it really liked it
Quick and easy read. As a fan of his radio show, this book was a good extension of that. Enjoyed it quite a bit.
Jim George
Nov 28, 2010 Jim George rated it it was ok
I can barely keep the radio on while he gives advice, why did I think the book would be different.
Amee
May 17, 2009 Amee is currently reading it
Just started reading it- gets me thinking and challenges me to live outside my selfishness...
Cindy Warren milliken
Jan 17, 2013 Cindy Warren milliken rated it it was amazing
I have so many bookmarks in this one and pick it up often for an inspiring refresher.
Steven
Jul 21, 2009 Steven rated it really liked it
Great advice on how to enjoy life and how to get the best from it.
Antegnat Oliphant
Feb 22, 2011 Antegnat Oliphant is currently reading it
Nothing earth shattering, but nice life skill reminders.
Eric
Aug 13, 2011 Eric rated it liked it
John Tesh is a good writer....I also love his radio show.
Pam Drake
Nov 14, 2011 Pam Drake rated it really liked it
Hard work. Risk. Prayer.

Good advice.
Patty Anderson
Patty Anderson rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2016
Sadie Rita
Sadie Rita marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2016
Kortney Carter
Kortney Carter rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2016
Cathy Durant
Cathy Durant rated it liked it
Jan 22, 2016
Star Merrill
Star Merrill rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2016
Geoffrey W Court
Geoffrey W Court rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2015
Aaron
Aaron marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2015
Sheila Altman
Sheila Altman marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2015