Start by marking “The Black Island (Tintin, #7)” as Want to Read:
The Black Island (Tintin, #7)

The Black Island (Tintin #7)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  5,623 ratings  ·  117 reviews
- Aa? Bir uçak
- Arızalandı mı? Yoksa?
- Bir turizm uçağı olmalı...
- Gidip bakalım...
- See more at: http://www.inkilap.com/herge/tenten-7...
Published March 1st 2007 by Egmont Childrens Books (first published April 15th 1937)

To ask other readers questions about The Black Island, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Black Island

The Secret of the Unicorn by HergéPrisoners of the Sun by HergéRed Rackham's Treasure by HergéTintin in Tibet by HergéThe Seven Crystal Balls by Hergé
Best Tintin books
19th out of 24 books — 100 voters
Red Rackham's Treasure by HergéThe Incal by Alejandro JodorowskyThe Nikopol Trilogy by Enki BilalTintin in Tibet by HergéAsterix in Britain by René Goscinny
Best European Graphic Novels/Comics
18th out of 446 books — 129 voters

More lists with this book...

Andrea
Okay now, there are a few things that Snowy gets up to in this particular adventure that I would advice against allowing your dog to do at home or abroad! Tintin is once again investigating a suspicious incident, dealing with danger and avoiding a mess with Thomson and Thompson. I forgot how enjoyable these are to read on a summer's evening. If you want to read these with your kids, then just bring up the fact that this is the way people used to see things and be sure to let them know that not ...more
Dianna Caley
Lizzy and I just finished this one. She and I are really enjoying reading the series together. This one was very humorous and particularly funny when Thompsen and Thomson accidentally commandeer a mechanic instead of a pilot to fly their plane.
Leo
Que bien, puedo leer un comic en alemán y entenderlo y todo. Yay!
Andrea Ika
The Black Island is perhaps the greatest Tintin adventure. He flies an airplane, sails a boat, fights with "wild beasts" beats the bad guys (as usual), and even wears a kilt.
But this book is special for more resons. The landscape scenes around Tintin are superb. The drawing is great, and the plot, sublime. The suspense is incredible, too. No one will take him to the Black Island. Even though everyone is scared out of their minds, Tintin decides to go, risking everything...

this book is good clean
Jake
Honestly, Tintin is like the Archie comics with balls. It's playful and innocent, but it still includes whiskey and guns. It brings you into the era it was written and you feel like some imaginative boy in 1930s Belgium reading this at night, saying things to yourself like, "oh boy!"

Tintin and his faithful dog Snowy foil a gang of counterfeiters and they do it by car, train and plane. Tintin ends up in the hospital twice and never lets his hero boy reporter instinct keep him away from figuring o
Sarah Sammis
The Black Island by Georges Remi Hergé is the seventh Tintin adventure. Like The Land of Black Gold, this adventure has been updated a number of times so it's difficult to know which version exactly one has read.

An emergency landing of a small aircraft with no registration catches Tintin's attention. He quickly finds himself being shot at and then being framed for a crime. Meanwhile, a similar unregistered plane has crash landed on the Black Island in Scotland. Tintin knows he has to get their t
Dan
The Tintin stories for anyone who has read them and understands their history can't be viewed as anything other than groundbreaking. The beginnings of these stories have been around as long as the Lord of the Rings, the illustration and environments in the Tintin books are accurate and extremely detailed. Anyone who has spent even a little time exploring Herge (Georges Remi) can see the painstaking research and adversity he worked through to compose the world around Tintin. His ideas were ahead ...more
Kim
So far the best adventure in the series. Gone is the overt racism and political agendas. Here is Tintin and Snowy at their best, trying to solve a mystery. After witnessing a plane crash while out walking Tintin rushes to help only to be fired upon. So begins a chance across the English Channel through Britain to Scotland.

The main stand out in this book is the prominence of Snowy. Here he evolves from annoying follower to active adventurer, helping Tintin get out of (and sometimes into) trouble.
Sookie
One of the finest Tintin adventures with tiny plot but lot of action adventure scenes. Its a fun ride with a minimal cast and witty execution.
Robyn
Love the newspaper article at the end!! Some gid Scottish references too :)
Tom Donaghey
It is easy to see why the Tintin stories were a childhood favorite of many movie directors of a certain age. Peter Jackson and Steven Spielberg both cite the young reporter/adventurer as influences on their work. They of course combined to produce the Tintin movie of recent years, but one only has to look at the young Indiana Jones movies to see Tintin’s never say die attitude, knack for getting into and out of any type of scrape, and a hatred of evil in all its forms.
THE BLACK ISLAND sees our
Joel
May 05, 2007 Joel rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People who love a good adventure; those who want to stay young at heart
Probably my favorite Tintin. A great story that starts with Tintin getting shot!!! Forgery, Loch Ness monsters, Scottish dialects, and I love the gorilla at the end too; Herge you crazy, crazy man.
Francis Bruynseels
A magnificent read. Great action, humour and drawings. The cover is a great drawing.

It is vaguely familiar from my childhood, so I think I may have looked at the pictures, but I never read it before. So a pleasure delayed.

Some observations: cigarettes and whisky and beer in every picture - might create some problems in the US. The depictions of postwar England are thought provoking and fantastic though in some images they seem to be a cross between English and French features.

I don't understand
Pritesh
Re-read this today after a long, long, time and savoured every moment of reading it. Tintin is one of the best parts of my childhood, especially those books which have the Thomsons, Prof. Calculus and Cap'n Haddock in them, and though this one did not have the latter two, it was delightful to read it again and revisit a simpler time and the adventures of my childhood and feel the glee which onlyr reading such a book can accomplish. This moves into one of my favourite Tintin books of all time now ...more
Traveller
Reading with kids. Having fun.
Indah Threez Lestari
#Program BUBU

Pertama kali dibaca sekitar tahun 1981.

Welcome to Scotland!

Nah, untuk petualangan kali ini, Tintin tidak bertualang jauh-jauh, cukup di sekitar Eropa, dari Belgia, Inggris, sampai akhirnya mampir ke Skotlandia.

Cover

Tanpa membuka komiknya sudah jelas sekali dari kilt yang dikenakan Tintin, di mana kira-kira lokasi Pulau Hitam yang dijadikan judul.

Tema
Pemalsuan uang. Pada tahun 1930-an pemalsuan orang menjadi kejahatan yang populer, dengan berkembangnya mesin cetak pada zaman itu. Kon
David Sarkies
Apr 17, 2014 David Sarkies rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Tintin fans
Recommended to David by: Herge
Shelves: adventure
Tintin goes to Scotland
4 February 2012

Tintin is wondering through the Belgian countryside, out for a nice leisurely stroll, when he sees a plane making an emergency landing. Being the helpful young man that he is he goes to see if he can help but is immediately shot and left for dead. However, as we have discovered, it is very hard to kill Tintin, and it turns out that the bullet only grazed him, and he decides that he must go and investigate, so he jumps on a train and travels to England after
Sammy
Oct 27, 2010 Sammy rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: comic
My review, as posted in Tintin Books

I seem to have a much more complex relationship with this album than many do. As a child, I never enjoyed "The Black Island" (and I read Tintin every day for a while) - in fact, it was one of a rare few albums that I didn't try and adapt into a play (pretentious child that I was). I guess I didn't appreciate the Hitchcock feeling, and I found the climax with the gorilla "silly". I suspect it is partly because, as I'm not British, this album had no special sway
Daniel Flores
The black island is a great book. It's not the best story of Hergé analizing all the plot, but it's really funny and really entretaining while you're reading it. The mystery of the story doesn't have a lot of sense, and Tintin moves a lot of times be simple intuition, but the books never gives up. You can see Tintin trying to catch thieves, jumping of boats, and fighting against a monkey, even though he won't win anything with all those things, but my friends: that's never boring.
James Kemp
Somehow Tintin passed me by as a kid. The books were there in my local library alongside the Asterix ones, but I never wanted to check them out and read them. No idea why that was.

However, my seven year old son did want to read them, probably because he saw the movie first. So having devoured The Secret of the Unicorn and Red Rackham's Treasure he wanted to read the rest of Tintin. So I took him to the library and we borrowed Tintin and the Black Island.

It is an entertaining and engaging story
Nicholas Whyte
http://nwhyte.livejournal.com/2206408.html[return][return]The Black Island is a bit of a step backwards for Tintin; he is shot and wounded ion the first page, and then chases a group of forgers to Scotland by a series of improbable incidents involving various means of transport and defeats a gorilla in a ruined castle, all the while hindered by the bungling detectives Thomson and Thompson (who in fairness get some good lines here). One wonders why anyone would go to the trouble of forging Belgia ...more
Elliot
I've been reading through the Tintin books in order and I feel this one represents a big step forward. The art in this edition is a big improvement on previous issues with Herges' "Ligne claire" style really coming into it's own. Also this seems to be the first story were the plot has been thought out from beginning to end beforehand with very little of the meandering asides that characterised the earlier books.
R.M.F Brown
Of all the Tintin adventures, this is the one that tugs the most at the heartstrings - set as it is in my native Scotland.

Packed with adventure, Herge's customary wit and humour, and vivid artwork, the Black Island is one of the stand out adventures in the series. Plus it contains a character that bears a striking resemblance to my late grandfather!
Dipper Pines
The books in this series does not have to be read in order. I first found out about Tintin by the 2011 film. This is the second book I've read about Tintin. I didn't quite like it, maybe it was because I mostly read “modern” books.

Even though this book has comical scenes I found it to be more annoying than funny, like those old cartoons which can have a characters fall from great lengths and just walk it off like nothing happened. I did like the drawings and how the artist captured the locations
Andy
Wow, this is a complete step up in quality - it feels like a different series. There's an intriguing and well paced plot with a solid detective vein, the completely random coincidental nature has been toned down (though not entirely absent) and the action works well. Plus we manage to avoid the in your face racism. Well, just about.

The artwork is brilliant, crisp and clean and the British scenery works really nicely - there are some really lovely panels, right down to the little details and the
Leila Anani
Tintin and Snowy find themselves pitted against a vicious gang of forgers. This particular adventure is really funny. The Thom(p)son Twins are on top form and Snowy's antics are amusing. One of my favourite TinTin adventures.
Moa Bernhardsson
Favourite so far. The story is pretty straight-forward with just Tintin and Snowy working together to solve a mystery. It's thrilling but at the same time very humorous.
Anna
Il est particulièrement flagrant dans cet épisode que Tintin ne doit pas sa survie et sa réussite à une habileté particulière, mais à une chance monstrueuse et à la crétinerie de ses ennemis. Dans l'ensemble, l'intrigue de L'île noire est assez invraisemblable et repose surtout sur le hasard.
L'album reste cependant très agréable à lire, avec toujours ce plaisir de voyager dans le monde entier en compagnie de Tintin.
Il est aussi plein de trouvailles comiques et contient les meilleures contribut
Amanda Sheila
One of my favorite from Tintin, because I've watched the cartoon version of this book with my dad. Memorable moment. ;)
Nadia Fadhillah
komik bagus.
cukup logis ceritanya.
konsisten settingnya.

aku baca bahasa indonesianya aja.
Wrong Title Translation 1 38 Jun 13, 2007 02:58PM
  • Astérix in Spain (Asterix, #14)
  • Asterix and the Black Gold (Asterix, #26)
Georges Prosper Remi (22 May 1907 – 3 March 1983), better known by the pen name Hergé, was a Belgian comics writer and artist.
His best known and most substantial work is The Adventures of Tintin comic book series, which he wrote and illustrated from 1929 until his death in 1983, leaving the twenty-fourth Tintin adventure Tintin and Alph-Art unfinished. His work remains a strong influence on comics
More about Hergé...
Tintin in Tibet (Tintin, #20) Tintin in the Land of the Soviets (Tintin, #1) Red Rackham's Treasure (Tintin, #12) The Secret of the Unicorn (Tintin, #11) Cigars of the Pharaoh (Tintin, #4)