Start by marking “No Way to Die (Danny Logan Mystery, #2)” as Want to Read:
No Way to Die (Danny Logan Mystery, #2)

No Way to Die (Danny Logan Mystery #2)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  479 ratings  ·  57 reviews
Seattle mathematician Thomas Rasmussen had everything to live for. He had a beautiful, loving wife and two great kids. He was well known and respected in his field . His startup company – Applied Cryptographic Solutions recently finished building a revolutionary decryption device called The Starfire Protocol that was already attracting offers in the millions.

So with all th
Published July 16th 2012 by Cedar Coast Press

To ask other readers questions about No Way to Die, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Way to Die

Jim
Book three in the Danny Logan PI series, and second one I've read from author MD Grayson, spins a fine yarn that's very enjoyable to read. Taking place in the Seattle area, Danny's crew consists of Antoinette "Toni" Blair, Kenny Hale, Joachin "Doc" Kiahtel, and Richard Taylor. Taylor being the original owner of the business. In this book we find the Seattle Police Department called out to a probable suicide at Discovery Park. It seems Tom Rasmussen has shot himself in the head while in his parke ...more
Paula
It was an okay book. Too much language for my taste.
Jack
This is the second book in the Danny Logan Mystery series, but it is the fourth one I've read. It's good, but I think it the weakest of the ones I've read.

But first, a brief synopsis: Thomas Rasmussen dies from an apparent suicide, but his wife just doesn't buy it. She hires Logan Private Investigation Agency to look into the matter for her. Initially, they find nothing to disagree with the official police ruling of suicide, other than there being no apparent reason for him to kill himself. Then
Delta
Dec 10, 2014 Delta marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Delta by: BookGorilla.com
Free 12-10-14 (Mystery Thriller)

Pam
No Way to Die is a Danny Logan Mystery by M. D. Grayson. It is a quick read and keeps you enjoying it. You are never quite sure what Danny is going to do next as he sometimes blunders his way through the investigation. Upon exiting the Army, Danny bought out Richard’s private investigation business and hired Toni Blair to work with him. He was attracted to her but knew that office romances didn’t always work out and with a small office like his, it could destroy the business. He kept Richard on ...more
Mike
I enjoyed this book quite a bit. All the dead ends that the investigators were getting in the beginning even made me wonder if there really was a murder or just suicide after all. I'll say that all the beautiful people in the story was a bit much at times but hey, it's not a deal breaker or takes anything away from the story. The way the author provided very detailed descriptions of the situations at hand were great; it gave you a wonderful mental image to go by as you were reading but I will ad ...more
Quillracer
This second book in the Danny Logan series is much better than the first one, Angel Dance.

This time, Danny and his team investigate the death of a math genius the police have written off as a suicide. The case quickly spirals into a search for a man looking to obtain the decryption program the dead man has invented to sell to the highest bidder.

One of my beefs about that first book was that the main plotline was resolved way too early, leaving almost half of it to tie off loose ends. Grayson fix
Stanley McShane
Danny Logan along with his partner, Toni, are part of a team from a Seattle PI firm. Danny is single, clueless, and a serious runner, somewhat capable physically owing to his military training. Toni is, of course, tall and gorgeous, smart and extremely intuitive. They've been asked by Danny's father, an attorney, to look into the apparent suicide of genius mathematician Thomas Rasmussen at the request of his wife, Katherine, who is sure he would not have checked out in that manner and insists on ...more
Lynda Kelly
I had to pack this one in at 25%......I was glazing over with ALL the over-descriptions of takeovers and company politics, etc...I didn't get it and just lost all interest with it. It was way too complicated which was such a pity as I enjoyed the first in the series a great deal. I just can't be reading something that is such an effort to get through !
I know nothing about cryptology and really don't want to and it just went into it all way too much and totally took over the whole story. When I f
Joan
No Way to Die was an interesting and mostly well-written mystery. The last chapter didn't read like it was written by the same author as the rest of the book (sounded very adolescent in style), and it should have been left off in my opinion. The book was excellent in many ways, but the structure was sometimes too transparent. The descriptions of emotions and the sudden addition of "macho" dialogue seemed just injected into an already-written storyline. Still, I give it 3 stars for being an inter ...more
Mark
I enjoyed this book. And my hat is off to M.D. Grayson for the extraordinary depth and breadth of the research he must have done to credibly render his story with such military, tactical, and technological specificity. But on the subject of editing, William Faulkner said, "You have to be ready to kill your darlings." I admire Grayson for loving his craft as much as he clearly does, but less could have been more here. I look forward to seeing if he gets that as the Danny Logan series progresses.
Tulay C
Another good mystery/thriller and you'll feel good at the end too.

Seattle genus mathematician killing/suicide. His company developed ultimate code breaking program called Stafford, that could break every code. Think about Target credit and debit card accident, but whole world under this kind of attack. But while reading there is many exciting mistakes, especially one is so big. They couldn't even correct; 9 continents, no it's 7, but if you count Europe and Asia as Eurasia, it's 6.
Shelly
This is the 2nd book in the Danny Logan Mystery series and I have enjoyed them both. You can read my review of the first one, Angel Dance, here. I actually enjoyed this one more than the first one. I felt like I knew the characters better and overall I liked the story line in this book better.

The story is pretty much your basic murder mystery with a twist. The twist being that while the police have ruled the murder a suicide the widow insists that he had everything to live for. Once she tells he
Jack
This book served it purpose well - I wanted to read a murder mystery. It was well written with interesting dialogue. That it was set in the Seattle area added to my interest. It's female characters were barbie doll-like and the males macho Rambo types. However, this didn't detract from a good storyline. I enjoyed reading it which is worth at least 3 stars.
Elizabeth Bailey
This was a thoroughly well researched story. M D Grayson dotted every i and crossed every t. It was clever and convoluted and I enjoyed it, even though I found some of the explanatory stuff a bit over my head! I found it compelling and the mystery at the heart led to an enormously exciting climax that kept me glued for the last chapters of the book.
Judy
This book is very intense. It starts out with the suicide of a famous computer expert. His wife hires a private investigator to look into his death. She said everything was fine in his relationship with his wife and business. She does not believe he would take is own life. From their it suddenly become very intense.
Teresa Higgins
Suspenseful plot twists!

This one gets 5 stars from me for its dark and twisty plot. The heroes are clearly heroes and the villains are clearly evil. With a love story woven delicately throughout this is great page-turning escapism!
Robert C. smith
One of the best ever!

Grayson has moved to the top of my favorite authors list with his fast paced adventure, twist and turns, touch of enjoyable romance, mysteries and surprises! Author is right up there with James Patterson, Wilbur Smith and other creative story tellers!
Casey
An awkening

This series is something special. Not only are the plots intricate and yet believable without a lot of "suspension of disbelief", they are also a superb vehicle for the adventure of the life growth of the characters.
Liz Wood
interesting

interesting

Grayson spins an entrancing tale with all sorts of twists and turns and a crew of very believable characters with all sorts of human quirks. This was a quick read very enjoyable.
Mickey Hoffman
A suspenseful tail about digital cryptography. I enjoyed the book, but probably won't read any more books by this author. I didn't care for the very macho aspects of the book and wish the typos would have been fixed before publication.
Donna Foston
Starts out a little slowly. Not sure there needs to be such a detailed description of crime scene evidence, etc. Then you can quickly and easily figure out who the "bad guy" is, which is disappointing. However, the pace really picks up and it becomes quite absorbing.
Jereeq
I think one of the gifts of an intelligent, creative writer is the ability to express emotion without needing to use offensive language! I wish this author would explore that option ... then the books could stand on their own merit!
Archana
Got this book in a kindle deal. A murder mystery and a romance between the lead investigative pair.
A good amount of technical jargon and patriotism thrown in. Wasn't a waste of my time but am not picking up the next one!
Beverly Mccollum
This is the second in this mystery/ thriller series and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Great setting- interesting and complex characters and an engaging plot. It's a lot of fun to read and " decipher". I'd recommend it.
l bryant napier
Holds your attention

Holds your attention

enjoyed this from the beginning until the surprising ending. very enjoyable read. I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys this genre.
Marilyn
Good

the story keeps you reading.the private Detective agency and it's investigators are well trained.the way they find out that things aren't what the police that it was isn't so.
Barbara
Enjoyed the story

Enjoyed the story

The story was believable and had some surprise twists. characters where well developed. this book would appeal to both genders.
Dawn shirk
Gripping Mystery

Absolutely fantastic, full of exciting action and extreme suspense. Kept me guessing the entire time. I recommend this book to anyone who likes a great mystery.
Ann
Good book, makes me want to go back and read the first one, then start on book #3. The language is pretty rough at times, other than that aspect, well written, characters are well defined and the story line moves smoothly.
  • Eyes of the Predator The Pickham County Murders
  • Dead Of Winter (Louis Kincaid, #2)
  • No Such Thing
  • Grave Situation
  • Diva (Frank Renzi, #2)
  • Hope Road
  • A Field of Red
  • Cold Open (Sam North Mystery #1)
  • A Fatal Verdict (The Trials of Sarah Newby, #2)
  • The Sholes Key: An Evans and Blackwell Mystery (Book #1)
  • The Last Track (Mike Brody, #1)
  • The Moose Jaw
  • Walk in Darkness (Jon Stanton, #2)
  • A Dead Red Heart (A Dead Red #2)
  • Torch Ginger (Lei Crime, #2)
  • The Big Bend (Terry Rankin, #1)
  • Nailed (A Ron Ketchum Mystery #1)
  • Dark Prairies
M.D. Grayson is the author of the Danny Logan mystery series. He grew up in Las Vegas but now he lives on an island near Seattle with his wife Michelle and their three German shepherds.

Before becoming a full-time writer, Mr. Grayson worked in the construction industry, as an accountant for six l-o-n-g weeks (square peg—round hole), and as a piano player on the Las Vegas strip. When he's not writin
More about M.D. Grayson...

Danny Logan Mystery (5 books)
  • Angel Dance (Danny Logan Mystery, #1)
  • Isabel's Run (Danny Logan Mystery, #3)
  • Mona Lisa Eyes (Danny Logan Mystery, #4)
  • Blue Molly (Danny Logan Mystery, #5)
Mona Lisa Eyes (Danny Logan Mystery, #4) Angel Dance (Danny Logan Mystery, #1) Isabel's Run (Danny Logan Mystery, #3) Blue Molly (Danny Logan Mystery, #5)

“Northwest adage that “the weather doesn’t dictate what you do—it only dictates what you wear while you do it.” 1 likes
“Fixation is when you don’t know the answer to a problem, but you think you have a pretty good idea. You then buy into your own theory to the exclusion of everything else around you. Then, when it turns out your theory is wrong, you find that in your zeal to prove it, you’ve passed by the clues that could have led to the right answer.” 0 likes