Start by marking “Lessons Learned (Great Chefs, #2)” as Want to Read:
Lessons Learned (Great Chefs, #2)

Lessons Learned (Great Chefs #2)

3.71  ·  Rating Details ·  2,072 Ratings  ·  86 Reviews
Coordinating the publicity tour for Italy's most famous--and most adorable--chef was just the kind of assignment Juliet relished. Carlo Franconi could gather a crowd just by smiling, and watching him prepare a meal was like witnessing a lesson in passionate lovemaking. By the time the tour was over, Juliet planned to have Carlo packaged as the world's sexiest chef. Women e ...more
Published September 15th 2011 by Silhouette Desire (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Lessons Learned, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lessons Learned

Rating 3.25

I enjoyed this much better than the first book even though I could see parallels between the two heroine's, both ambitious and not thinking much about love and romance, one think I don't get is why can't you have both?
The heroine is a publicist whose newest client is a hot Italian chef and his tour for his new cook book. The hero loves women and cooking and he is intrigued by the heroine and her professionalism.
It actually takes him too long to even get to a personal level with her si
Jul 01, 2016 Cassandra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Für Juliet ist die Begleitung der Buch-Promotour des Starkochs Carlo ein wichtiger Meilenstein ihrer Karriere. Wenn der sexy Italiener nicht nur in der Küche nichts anbrennen ließe …

Ein witziges Protagonistenpärchen, bei dem es herrlich knistert. Liebe oder Karriere? Oder geht vielleicht auch beides? Nora Roberts kennt sich garantiert mit dem Stress aus, den ein Autor und seine Betreuung auf einer Promotiontour durch Amerika erwartet. So bekommt der Leser einen winzigen Einblick hinter die stres
Feb 25, 2016 Ieva rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was okay.

I guess something is wrong with me, not with the book. This one had steamy atmosphere (hot Italian chef), easy to follow plot and literary no problems at all.
Carly Ellen Kramer
What's not to love about Carlo Franconi? But don't insult him by calling him a cook... he's a CHEF, and an artist! Reading the humorous tale of how an American publicist finally made his heart tremble made me smile - and gave me a mighty craving for linguini! I would have liked a bit more about Franconi's family, and about the hated LaBare. Those are minor details. If you love romance novels and like to cook, you'll love this story.
Karen Whooley
May 15, 2016 Karen Whooley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-fun

I love Ms. Robert's contemporary novels but noting compares to the sweetness of her early romances novels. One of her best!
Aug 23, 2010 Maria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just finished this and i've got to say that the last few pages and their reunion almost brought me to tears, i really loved these characters, compared to summer desserts, and although Carlo was a ladies man, he was such a sweetheart and i love how after Juliet got the elephant she left for rome, and i just love how romantic they are together, and i love how she didn't want to lose herself and was scared she loved him so much she would leave everything for him, and i loved that sentiment. i lo ...more
Aug 05, 2015 Melissa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
While I read all of the book, I didn't like it. I just hate to leave a book unfinished especially when I'm so far into it. I just had no attachment to Carlo and the female character whose name I can't even remember.

Nora Roberts just has so many books that are BETTER than this.

It's a straight up love story. There is no real conflict other than - SHOULD WE?!

Strong woman with relationship issues falls for suave, over confident man. Done, done, and DONE.

This is the darker side of Nora Rober
interesting premise...learned about what it is like to promote a book...again too much sexual intimacy.
Mar 28, 2015 Joana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Só quando estava na Goodreads a adicionar o livro é que me apercebi que este é o volume nº 2 de um conjunto de 2 livros chamado "Great Chefs". Contudo, as histórias podem ser lidas em separado e sem ordem que se entende perfeitamente. Agora apenas tenho de adicionar "Um Amor para Sempre" à minha wishlist.
Mais uma vez este é um dos trabalhos mais recentes de Nora Roberts, do final dos anos 80, mas ao contrário do livro " A imagem do amor" onde se notava faltar substância, neste livro já se sente
Marisa Sauco
Apr 28, 2015 Marisa Sauco rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
¡Me encantó! Hermosa historia, con personajes encantadores, y contada a la perfección. ¡Amo a Nora Roberts! ¡Recomendadísima! ...more
Jan 22, 2016 Becky rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Juliet Trent is setting up a 3 week book tour with the famous chef Carlo Franconi. Not only is he a renown Italian chef, but a renown man about town and has quite the reputation with the women. Juliet is keeping this purely business. The schedule is tight and booked to the last second so there will be no time for tempting. Unknown to Juliet just how charming he can be. Has Carlo finally found the woman of his heart and will he give up his independence forever? It was a cute, romantic story. I th ...more
Apr 26, 2015 Mahita rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Juliet Trent's publicity and Franconi's Italian cooking, packaged in a book to tempt the readers for the luscious taste of Italian food going around America for a book promotion, should have been sufficient to satisfy the taste buds and heart beats. Yet, even this book falls short of expectation.

Great Chefs series has been disappointing, may be because the characters themselves asked a lot more and the story missed a lot of ground work of the culinary field. The archrivals for the greatest chef
May 11, 2016 Jen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nora-roberts
Juliet Trent has been given the task of publishing and promoting Carlo Franconi's next cookbook. Looking at his publicity photo, Juliet can see he's gorgeous, charming and impossible to resist. But, resist him she will. Carlo Franconi loves women, all shapes and sizes, he's never had a problem finding companions. But, Juliet strikes something in him that he's never experienced before and his feelings for her are stronger than any he's ever had. Traveling the country puts these two in very close ...more
Marcia  Haskell
A rather conventional romance

Not my favorite Nora Roberts book, but, as usual, I found myself immersed in the novel's setting within the first few pages. This is the story of a famous international Italian chef and the woman who is his PR contact for a 3 week book tour through the United States. She doesn't cook and his life focuses on food and feeding people, but each finds the attraction and common respect between them to be compelling.

This book was more of a conventional romance than I expec
Mary Aris
Oct 04, 2013 Mary Aris rated it it was amazing
Italian celebrity chef Carlo Franconi is a charismatic ladies man. He can charm women by his mere smile! His latest book, The Italian Way, is a best seller and publicist Juliet Trent helps him to promote his book. To Juliet Trent this assignment is the best so far; it can be her ticket to opening up her own Public Relations firm. Together, Trent and Franconi travel the US on a book tour. By the end of the tour Trent turns Franconi into a celebrity chef sensation. Even to a guarded, career woman ...more
Jan 16, 2013 Desty rated it it was ok
Jadi, kalau di Great Chef #1 bercerita tentang Summer Lyndon, kali ini chef-nya adalah Carlo Franconi, chef terkenal dari Italia. Carlo sedang mengadakan tour promosi dari buku terbarunya. Juliet Trent, adalah wanita yang menjadi humas-nya dalam tour kali ini. Sebagai humas, Juliet harus mendampingi Carlo ke beberapa negara bagian di Amerika. Ketika membaca biografi Carlo, Juliet agak khawatir dengan sifat Carlo yang terkenal mampu menaklukkan hati dari banyak wanita. Juliet pun bertekad untuk t ...more
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
LoL yang ditulis oleh NR memiliki 48 buku, dan setiap buku memiliki keunikan tersendiri, dimana tokoh2 dalam buku yg ditulisnya memiliki profesi yang beragam.
Termasuk 2 buku yang dia tulis terkait dengan profesi sebagai seorang Chef, yaitu SUmmer Desert dan Lessons Learned.
Carlo adalah seorang chef yang terkenal, dan sangat menyukai semua bahan2 alami, kesukaannya ini sempat membuat Juliet sang humas dalam tour buku masakan terbarunya terbirit2 mencari bahan2 segar yang dibutuhkan sang Chef.
Nov 07, 2012 Brina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liebesromane gibt es wie Sand am Meer. Mal sind sie gut, mal sind sie innerhalb weniger Minuten wieder vergessen. Bei Nora Roberts ist es jedoch so, dass jeder Liebesroman ein absoluter Genuss ist, den man nur schwer aus den Händen legen kann.

"Ein Mann für alle Sinne" ist ein gelungener Roman, der alles besitzt, was ich mir bei einem Liebesroman wünsche: Romantik, detaillierte Beschreibungen bzgl. Charaktere und Orte, sympathische Charaktere und eine Geschichte, die mich von der ersten Seite an
Oct 18, 2016 Inge rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, mysterie
I really loved that book and also the previous one I red. I think I will read more books from her in the future. The make me feel warm inside and very happy. I really like the beginning romance and it helps in some way that it is about cooking. The book made me even cook something and that is pretty special.
I realy liked that the previous story was connected to this one.
I had this reaction speaking with my best friend: "Het was verrukkelijk!" When I told him about the book and why I loved it.

brenda j layton
Aug 18, 2016 brenda j layton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful as always

Beings as BIG fan of Nora Roberts it's always a great pleasure to read one of her books. To be able to get so involved with her characters and escape to world around you. I have loved each of her book, series and have never been disappointed in any that she writes. If you haven't explored her writings as J B Robb you're missing a lot!

Kate Millin
Jul 10, 2016 Kate Millin rated it it was amazing
Juliet is building a career in New York as a book publicist and is enjoying the idea of managing the book tour for Carlo Franconi the internationally renowned pasta chef, even though he has a reputation as a womaniser. She does well at filling the 3 weeks with promotional events, travelling on a gruelling programme across America - with the added interest of sparks flying
Ayu Wirdha
Dec 25, 2011 Ayu Wirdha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ini buku yg bikin profesi chef atau humas jd kelihatan menarik. Karena NR kalao nyeritain ttg suatu profesi lumayan detail juga.

Juliet mendapat proyek sbg humas chef terkenal Italia (Franconi) yg akan mempromosikan buku masaknya di Amerika. Franconi ini bener2 tipikal cowok yg dimanapun slalu menebar pesona ke semua cewek di segala usia, santai. Sedangkan Juliet adalah wanita karir yg praktis, teroganisir & ga suka basa basi.

Utk tour promosi ini, mereka berdua harus keliling Amerika mengunj
Dec 21, 2015 Judi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lessons learned by Nora Roberts

Nora Roberts never disappoints me. I've read both books in her Chefs collection and both were very good. If you like romance, food and power struggles, you will love this book. It made me want to make Linguini, but, there was no recipe for me to follow.
Tracey Bakken
Sep 18, 2014 Tracey Bakken rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love all her books, being able to get them from the library as an ebook with overdrive is so great. Enjoyed the book a lot and being able to read it where ever I am is nice, if I forget my ebook reader I can just pull it up on my iPod got to love this new electronic world.
Nov 15, 2015 Nickisha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was brilliant!

Simply the queen of romance novels! The story is simple yet modern enough for most. Independent woman meets man who is charming but instead of him sweeping her off her feet, there is compromise and understanding.
Alexis-Morgan Roark
I really liked this book. It was predictable and delectable with an Alpha Male to die for.

Sex and food. Food and sex. What more could you ask for?

Even though I had a really hard time with the implied number of women Carlo slept with, I found myself rooting for him at the end.

I enjoyed the fact that Juliet (how appropriate) was tough yet vulnerable, pretty yet not built like a bombshell, and was mature enough (like Eve in the In Death series) to not get jealous at ALL the women throwing themselve
Emily Higgins
Feb 08, 2016 Emily Higgins rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Ambitious publicist, Juliet Trent is scheduled to handle the 3 week publicity tour for Carlo Franconi's new cookbook. Juliet finds herself attracted to Carlo, even though love is not in her life plan. Cute book.
Jul 26, 2016 Elizabeth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Carlo Franconi loves women and his work as a world renowned chef, and is content with his life wooing women all over the world. Then he embarks on a tour of the US with his publicist Juliet, and both their worlds are turned upside down.

This is a sequel to Summer Desserts (Great Chefs, #1), and both books can be read here Table For Two. It's always interesting to see a womanizer settle down, and once again Roberts does not disappoint.
Louise Harkinson
Feb 21, 2014 Louise Harkinson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nora Roberts never disappoints

A skilled writer that tugs at your heart. I have yet to read a Nora Roberts novel that has not only pleased but has entertained.
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Pelajaran Cinta (Lesson To Learn)
  • Escape from Cabriz
  • Keir O'Connell's Mistress (O'Connells, #1)
  • Bought By The Greek Tycoon
  • The Wedding-Night Affair - Selingkuh Di Malam Pengantin
  • Kat and the Dare-Devil Spaniard (The Balfour Brides #2)
  • The Bachelor's Wedding
  • Anak Sang Kekasih (Having His Baby) - 3 Bayi Untuk 3 Saudara Book 2
  • The Prince's Mistress (Royals, #2)
  • Zoe and the Tormented Tycoon (The Balfour Brides #5)
  • Contele de Monte Cristo (Contele de Monte Cristo, #1)
  • Annie and the Red-Hot Italian (The Balfour Brides, #6)
  • The Bad Luck Wedding Cake (Bad Luck Brides, #2)
  • Under Italian Skies
  • The Unforgiving Bride
  • Reluctant Father
  • Baby Benefits (Messino Brothers, #2; Billionaires and Babies, #3)
Nora Roberts was born in Silver Spring, Maryland. She began writing when a blizzard in February 1979 kept her in her hilltop home with a three and six year old for nearly a week of canceled kindergarten and dwindling chocolate supplies.

During the now-famous blizzard, she pulled out a pencil and notebook and began to write a story for her own entertainment. From the first page, she knew it was wha
More about Nora Roberts...

Great Chefs (2 books)
  • Summer Desserts (Great Chefs, #1)

“Anyone who has character leaves a mark on another.” 0 likes