Start by marking “Chew, Chew, Gulp!” as Want to Read:
Chew, Chew, Gulp!

Chew, Chew, Gulp!

3.39 of 5 stars 3.39  ·  rating details  ·  99 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Bestselling Little Quack author Lauren Thompson and acclaimed illustrator Jarrett Krosoczka have teamed up to show you just how much fun eating can be. Crunching, munching, gobbling, or guzzling--there are so many different ways to do it! And you can try them all.

This bright, rhythmic book is perfect for the youngest chompers and gulpers. Each page has a big, bold toddler
Published May 24th 2011 by Margaret K. McElderry Books

To ask other readers questions about Chew, Chew, Gulp!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chew, Chew, Gulp!

Jen
3.5 stars - good!

This is a good book for toddlers: simple text and fun illustrations are combined to show young children the many ways to eat and enjoy food. The foods are all labeled, which is good for teaching children the names of things they are likely to see on their plates. :)

As I said earlier, the illustrations are fun: the children are all drawn in such a way that it is clear they are enjoying their food and the various ways to eat the different items.

My only real complaints about this
Aide Acuna
This book was a great informational book! Throughout the book kids eat foods in different ways. I personally really liked the book because it is the kids doing the teaching and we can teach preschool students the proper way to eat during snack time or lunch time. We can teach them that eating could be fun and that their are a variety of ways we can eat our food but also using manners. I liked that they showed kids of different ethnicities and not just from one. I would recommend this book to par ...more
Barbara
In rhyming text, a group of boys and girls shows readers how to eat. (There's a bit of what to eat as well since these children are snacking on green beans, mashed potatoes, bananas, and grapes rather than those empty caloried snacks so many of us love. The text relies on great verbs to make its point: "swirl," "curl," "scoop," "loop," "prod," and "pop" (unpaginated), for instance. Young readers will love imitating the sounds of eating described in the book too. There's a lot of chewing, gulping ...more
Heather
Very fun descriptions of the different ways to chew, crunch, gulp, etc. food! Great for sensory exploration.
Paula
Illustrations and simple, rhyming text demonstrate a variety of ways to eat different foods.
A brightly illustrated book featuring children eating foods. "Swirl it. Curl it. Scoop it. Loop it. . . Chew, chew, GULP!"

I initially thought that this is a great book for preschool children. It features a variety of food and children from many ethnicities enjoying their foods. I do think that it could be a great book to use with elementary school children as well. Lauren Thompson uses just the right word to describe eating different foods. A good quick lesson on how powerful word choice can be.
Shelli
Can you name all the different ways we approach eating our food? Picking a grape? Stabbing a piece of meat? Lauren Thompson creatively wrote a book for small children about the different ways in which we eat. This would be a fun book to read aloud right before lunch to a group of kindergartners. Then have a class discussion afterward, asking what different approaches each of them took to consuming their own lunches.
Nydia Munoz
This book is great for children because they will learn how certain foods are to be eaten. Children learn that some foods need to be scooped and others need to be slurped and so on. this book also helps children understand that their are different categories of food like fruit and grains.

Learning Extension: Have kids try foods that involve the different Technics of eating and the categories of food.
Samantha
Fun read aloud about food. The rhythm of it reminded me of Shout! Shout it Out! by Denise Fleming, but maybe that's just because I know if I were reading either aloud I'd be shouting out the next command/concept. Brightly colored full page illustrations with kids of all colors performing the actions described in text.
Tricia
Not that toddlers need instruction on eating--or do they?--this brightly illustrated title rhymes through a number of foods being eaten by really happy children.
Jodie
Easy read for younger students (Pre-K - primary grades) that talks about the different ways you eat. Great way to show words that can be used for eating.
Vinitha
This book talks about various verbs associated with eating. And does it in a fun way. Something older kids who are ready to explore more and learn would enjoy.
Danielle
Nothing out of the ordinary, but could be used as a short read for eating or food storytime.
Angie
Describes all the different ways you can eat your food. Plenty of fun for kids. Would be great for storytimes.
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
Little ones will enjoy this book of all the sounds and words that go with eating.
Michelle
Nice, bold illustrations. A good choice for Toddler/PreK storytime w/ Food/Eating theme.
Edward Sullivan
Eating has never been such fun! Colorful and lively.
Shannon
This would have been a fun one for lunch bunnies
Leah
Bright colors, simple rhyming text about eating.
Kim
Cute for food related storytime
Mary Carol
Great book for laptime.
Ann
Preschool - K
Moipone
Moipone marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Megan
Megan added it
Jun 29, 2015
Lindsay Dolan
Lindsay Dolan marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
M
M added it
Apr 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Little Quack The Christmas Magic Polar Bear Night Mouse's First Fall The Apple Pie That Papa Baked