Start by marking “Commitment Issues (Commitment Issues, #1)” as Want to Read:
Commitment Issues (Commitment Issues, #1)

Commitment Issues

(Commitment Issues #1)

"First dates are not meant to end like this." When Evan's blind date with Scott ends in a marriage proposal he can't believe the 'yes' that pops out of his mouth. Is it really possible to fast track a relationship to the commitment stage? Avoid all the drama of dating? There's only one way to find out. And what will their friends and family think of this instant romance? M ...more
Published May 9th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Commitment Issues, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Commitment Issues

Line
Jun 13, 2018 rated it did not like it
Mel and Sally each have a POV, which I could have maybe ignored, but I don't really enjoy 'female voices' in my books anymore and this book is a perfect example why.

These ladies are catty assholes with horrible husbands/fiancés (like WHY would they stay with these people???) and when I threw in the towel, of course one of the ladies was becoming a cheater instead of leaving her crabby, disgusting asshole of a husband behind... *sigh*

This in combination with Evan's lackluster/placid attitude and
Nina
Aug 19, 2018 marked it as to-read
19.08.2018: The ebook is currently free on Amazon!
Purpleberry
Pati
This book is all the way around odd.... from the very beginning. I DNFd at 18% when one of the characters starts cheating on her husband. And Yes, you read that right HER in what is supposed to be a MM romance. Or at least I thought it was supposed to be a mm romance.

Here are my comments...
2.0% "WTF?! Just getting into the MCs first date turn the page and now we're in Evans sisters POV?!?! Why in the hell would anyone want to read a woman's POV in a mm romance?! .... SMH.,, not boding well."

JD Crittendon
Aug 30, 2018 rated it liked it
A Butterfly Effect!

A tale of a proposal, a soap opera with a dash of politics for Evan & Scott. Special Note: With friends like these who needs enemies! The story is humorous, has a litter of characters and is light on sexy times. It’s a departure from the usual MM romantic stories, with a much wide scope regarding relationships. Interesting!
Ed Davis
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a delightful read. This is a fun story full of witty, some bitchy, warm hearted, and most of all loving characters. Scott and Evan stole my heart as they discovered their love for each other. There are side stories to keep things interesting including Evan’s sister Sally and his best friend Mel.

I really enjoyed it and plan to read the sequel.
Rachel
5/28/19 Currently FREE via Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/Commitment-I...
Kali
Sep 08, 2018 rated it liked it
I've never wanted to reach into a book to slap a bitch, as much as I did with Mel.
Sandra
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous!

I am a straight woman married for 52 years and I loved this book. It was extremely funny but also brought home the fact that love is love no matter if it's between a man and a woman or same sex.
Rj
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was that kid who went to the Library on Saturday instead of the arcade. My Parents instilled in me a true love for books at a young age and I'm forever grateful.
Now the world and responsiblities always seem get in the way of reading, but "Commitment Issues" was a book I quickly made the time for.
The initial hook of 2 guys on a date deciding to get married intrigued me ( I rarely have first dates that good! ) but it was the many different characters and layers they reveled as the story progres
Amneris Cesare
Nov 14, 2018 rated it liked it
It was a nice book to read. Different from all the other MM romance novels. First of all because it was not so "romantic" in a kind of way. Scott and Evan meet at a blind date set up from their friend Mel and after a few chats they decide to skip all the "dating" and the "courtship" protocol and go straight to marriage and living together. And this was different, as paradoxical as it could be. The book, though it's not about Scott and Evan only, but it focuses on the different PoV and life strug ...more
Teddy Talley
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
So charming

This was funny and sweet. I cried at the wedding! It was rated PG, too, which can be hard to find in gay fiction. I really loved the characters. At first I thought it would be annoying to switch so many points of view but it actually informed the book so much more to have all these little dips into what the other characters were thinking. One of the other things I loved about it was the realistic portrayal of older gay men and the reaction of the younger gay men to hearing "in my day.
Vikki
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It didn't take me long to read this book at all as it was "un-putdownable". At first, I admit I was worried the characters and situations might be clichéd and stereotypical, but as the story progressed, it was clear that this was to lead the reader to the depth and emotions of the characters and their predicaments. Very much a reflection of the times we live in and I could see my friends and family reflected in all the characters. I think I fell in love with Scott a little bit, I certainly ident ...more
Scott Vandrick
Apr 06, 2018 rated it liked it
This first novel about love and marriage by Bradley Brady holds up in surprising and refreshing ways. Told through the eyes of Scott and Evan, a blind date fast-tracked into a marriage proposal, the story explores commitment through their relationship with their parents, their siblings and their friends. Although somewhat swallow, the novel does weave an enchanting spell which holds the reader to the end. Best not to examine the harsh representation of the straights in the story or the forced “b ...more
Nancy Silk
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Wonderful and Delightful British Romance Story"

This is primarily a man-to-man romantic story between Evan and Scott who feel love on their first blind date. Family and friends are greatly surprised but supportive. Can two people avoid more dating and quickly marry each other? This can be a real challenge. There are other romances of friends and family which are interesting and funny. The characters are well described and memorable. This story is clean with no explicit sex. It's very humorous an
sheri victor
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this story.

The storyline and characters were so real. I was pulled into the journey and loved every path it took. You couldn't be rooting more for Scotty and Evan to get married. Then Nan, the Kings, Mark, Carl, Sally, Frankie and Derek were all so lovable. Then of course what's a story without your evil villains, Tom and Mel. What's great, is at the end, everything felt complete. Very satisfying. Can't wait to read more from Bradley :)
Amy
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
The story is based on the somewhat absurd premise of a blind date ending in an accepted marriage proposal. I expected to laugh a lot (and I did). I thought the scenes of sexual intimacy were well written, neither gratuitous not prudish. The characters had some depth and I read the second half of the book rooting hard for Evan and Scott to really make it work.
Louis A
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Words fail me to explain how much I loved the surprise of this book. I love how it is structured, love the plot and the character building. It is not a run of the mill MM romance. It is fun, sweet, real and very satisfying. I bought Fidelity Issues half way through because I want to continue the Harper-King adventure. Heck, I even want to see if Mel can redeem herself
Dean E.
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Had me hooked!

A very compelling story that drew me into the complex nature of the stories characters. I was always eager to find out what was going to happen in the next chapter. I wanted so badly for Scott and Evan to find the kind of love they each wanted and needed. They did (I hope)—if the honeymoon doesn’t screw things up!
Sharon Sims
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful Book!!

This is my first knowledge of Bradley Brady, and
I'm already in love with him and the book!! I spent
Day after day reading the story and just couldn't
Put it down!! I'm anxious to start the next book!!
Thank you !!! 💙💙💙💙💙
Shanna
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
Ugh. Really tried to slog through this, but couldn’t finish it. The premise is cute, but I don’t think I liked any one of the characters. I kept hoping something would change in their interactions but finally gave up around 50% in, wasn’t enjoying it at all.
Paula Madigan
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story and all its characters. Reading the next one after I've typed this. A lovely interweaving of stories, emotions and relationships.A refreshing look at gay relationships and points of view from all genders and ages.
Jackie Berkel
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Five stars to the power of

This book was so intricate so well written it defied sleep and caused a physical constitutional crisis vis-a-vis going to work or finishing.
I cannot recommend highly enough. Human drama at its finest.
Jeanie
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
Too much drama
Amanda Harris
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
One of the realest books I’ve ever read.
Shannon Hall
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
primarily for mel's character (felt stereotypical).
Rae Wedding
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m-romance
Too many bitchy or lazy slobs or cheaters for me. The only character that I liked was Scott.
Sebrina
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Book

Great book. You can real feel the characters development and growth. I enjoyed how very modern it was. Modern indeed!! Love Scotty and Evan.
Sal
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Delightful and well structured. It is very much a British rom-com just with Evan & Scott as main characters. Yes, there is crazy relatives and mean friends but it was fun nonetheless. On to book 2
Patricia
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book--an easy relaxing read--so amusing and engaging--you are kept guessing right till the end as to who will have commitments with who--never a dull moment!!

Commitment Issues (2 books)
  • Fidelity Issues (Commitment Issues, #2)