Start by marking “Driven” as Want to Read:
Driven

Read Excerpt

Driven

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  21 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Robyn can’t help but notice the handsome new guy at her school. She ignores, however, the arrival of another being at Brookfield Central High School—a demon assigned to destroy her…

Robyn loves her friends, enjoys her youth group, and looks forward to meeting cute Caleb Montague. But when a caustic news reporter challenges her school’s prayer team, Robyn must choose: defend
Published March 1st 2011 by Risen Books (first published November 30th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Driven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Driven

Bill Tillman
Apr 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Christian teens
Fast action: Christians verses the demons in the high school arena, we can see both sides but the human Christians only feel the bad guys. The good guys win, the rest of the story you must read for yourself!
Courtney
Mar 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I won this book from a blog that I follow. When I read the author's interview I knew it was a story I'd be interested in. Driven is a book that has you thinking about spiritual battles right from the first page! What an amazing story! The story is about a girl named Robyn who takes on the role of leadership in her youth group. With that role come the spiritual attacks that Christians face when stepping out in leadership and following God's will. There were demons that possessed humans and then t ...more
Precarious Yates
Oct 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Driven, by Shellie Neumeier

Through most of this book, I kept thinking, “This is like a fun, modern version of C.S. Lewis’ The Screwtape Letters.”

At the same time, Driven is a work of its own. From the first chapter to the last, we see Robyn buffeted by one spiritual storm after another, and Ms. Neumeier handled each of these storms with raw tenderness and creative ingenuity. All the unexpected twists and turns make for a heart pounding ride.

On her way to Prayer at the Pole early one morning, hig
Bobbie
Jan 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
I recommend this book for older teens and young adults due to some of the issues in the book, I would not recommend it for early teens.
It is striking the way Ms Neumeier illustrates the contrast between the demon world and the christian life!
Obedience due to fear, fear of failure, pain, and the demon's diminishing presence when they do not make the mark along with the jealousy between demons and the malevolence of their master are vivid.
The teenagers struggle, fail, overcome, grow and change as
Tessa Stockton
Feb 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
It’s not that often I discover a novel when once started it’s difficult to put down—but Driven is just that kind of book.

While geared for the young adult audience, it’s highly engaging for the grownup crowd, as well. I loved it! It was easy to connect with the characters, especially Robyn, from the start. I enjoyed experiencing this teenager’s journey so much that I even cheered for her on the sidelines.

The earthly conflicts presented in the story were realistic. At the same time, my mind opene
Jill Williamson
Dec 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When a reporter harasses a member of Robyn’s prayer team, Robyn speaks up—and makes a terrible enemy. Not the reporter, though. A demon, sent by his master to stop Robin’s prayer group at all costs. Robyn knows nothing of this, of course. She goes about her regular routine and agrees to appear on the news, to have a second interview with the reporter who is offended by prayer. But Robyn and her friends are now under demonic attack, and Robyn must figure out what God wants her to do.

Good book! Th
Carman
Apr 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
While the writing didn’t blow me away, I definitely saw potential. There was nothing really wrong, just a few small things that will probably be ironed out with time. There were a some theological differences from what I believe in the book, but nothing that made me angry or want to stop reading. However, the book DID make me take a look at my prayer life and spiritual battles in a new way. (That was definitely a plus!) If there is a sequel, or a series following this book, I will most certainly ...more
Cherylwi
Nov 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing
What a great teen to adult read. Shellie knows how to create such a great story you believe you know her characters, angels and demons. It will suck you in from the first sentence till the end. You will be left to either reread or stay craving to know what happens next with these prayer warriors.
L.K. Below
Nov 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-faves
Driven is a breathtaking book of tension, intrigue, and heartwarming emotion. From the moment I began to read until the very last word, I couldn't put it aside. It held me enthralled!
Terri Harr
Jun 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Driven is YA fiction that takes us for a wild ride into the supernatural. No one knows for certain how that works but some authors have done a great job of giving us possibilities. Shellie Neumeier is one of them. We are introduced to Sebastian. He is the demon sent to bring Robyn's ministry down. There are demons in the story but there are also angels, called Heavenlies. Robyn is a caring and bright 17 year old who loves the Lord and her friends. She doesn't always have perfect thoughts but tri ...more
Marva
Nov 18, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Christian teen market
I think this would be a good book in the teen Christian market. Good writing, just not my kind of book. I'm afraid I dropped out about one-third of the way in since the MC just kept having hot flashes over guys, and she's far too young for that.

I'm giving it three stars without completing it based on a clean manuscript and good writing style.
Pauline Creeden
Jul 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A solid well-written YA novel. Have to admit that the MC needed a good smack in the head a few times, but I like the Screwtapesque adventures of the demon Sebastian.
Nicole O'Dell
Emily Olson
Jan 23, 2012
P.A.
Mar 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
Really hard to get into.
Shellie Neumeier
Dec 15, 2010 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Sophie
Dec 18, 2011

Young Adult Deals

• Beneath the Shine
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Greensleeves
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Timebound (The Chronos Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Keeping You a Secret
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Gena/Finn
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Flush
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
  • Go: A Coming of Age Novel
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Better Nate Than Ever (Better Nate Than Ever #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
  • Time Bomb
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Summer of Jordi Perez (And the Best Burger in Los Angeles)
    $16.99 $1.99
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • You Know Me Well
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Some Fine Day
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Almost Girl (The Riven Chronicles, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Uprooted
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)