Start by marking “Judge Dredd: Muzak Killer: 2000 Ad Presents” as Want to Read:
Judge Dredd: Muzak Killer: 2000 Ad Presents

Judge Dredd: Muzak Killer: 2000 Ad Presents

Muzak Killer is a razor-sharp pop culture satire from the pen of Garth Ennis (Preacher), illustrated by acclaimed artists Dermot Power and John Burns. When Mega-City One's muzak stars fall prey to a deadly killer, Dredd must act to save muzak from the harshest critic of all - one who will stop at nothing to wipe out cheesy pop! But a good critic never lays down and dies - ...more
Published August 1st 2003 by Titan Books (UK) (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Judge Dredd, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Judge Dredd

Michael
Apr 21, 2009 Michael rated it really liked it

This collection collects Muzak Killer and its sequel Muzak Killer Live! from progs 746-748 and 837-839 respectively. Also included here are the vigilante fuelled Raider 810-814 and the one off film spoof Teddy Choppermitz from prog 760.

The entire book is from the seething pen of Garth Ennis in wonderful hard hitting and no holds barred form. Muzak Killer and its sequel are Ennis at his biting best satirizing the popular music industry and it has to be said its critics at the same time. Written i

Paul
Aug 24, 2011 Paul rated it it was ok
I wasn't impressed by this collection. I stopped getting 2000AD weekly just after prog 500 so this was the first time I'd read these stories. Even though they were written by Garth Ennis I didn't think the stories were anything special.

The best parts of 'Muzak Killer' & 'Muzak Killer: Live' were spotting the analogues in the story for crappy-poppy UK music 'stars' of the late 80s/early 90s particularly the Stock Aitken Waterman 'Hit Factory' and the Australian soap stars.

Raider was the only
Krystl Louwagie
Sep 09, 2012 Krystl Louwagie rated it liked it
Not Ennis's best writing, to be sure-the storyline of the Muzak killer reminded me of a bad, but much more violent, episode of JEM. Some interesting small bits here and there, but no interesting plot or characters. However, the story with the retired Judge and even their version of Edward Scissorhands, had more plot and feeling to them, and let me see a bit more potential. Still, what a weird way to make a comic-Judd Dredd gets hardly any face time.
Timo
Jan 19, 2009 Timo rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Garth Ennis is getting better the further his career with Judge Dredd goes. This collection has some real gems, mostly those six episodes of the Muzak Killer-saga. Or then I just might think something in the lines of the Killer himself.
And the art! Oh, so beautiful.

Timo
Gary Pryke
Jul 22, 2012 Gary Pryke rated it it was ok
I've never really read any of Judge Dredd before and wasn't really impressed. I love Garth Ennis' Preacher but this just didn't grab me at all. I'm guessing it's just not a great one to start on because I know Dredd is hugely popular.
Ste H
Aug 02, 2007 Ste H rated it really liked it
This is a good early story by Garth Ennis.
Zak
Zak rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2012
Michael Allred
Michael Allred rated it it was amazing
Oct 09, 2007
Kenny
Kenny rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2013
Mike
Mike rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2016
Jason Curtin
Jason Curtin rated it liked it
Apr 04, 2011
Bryan
Bryan rated it it was ok
Sep 18, 2011
Travis
Travis rated it really liked it
May 15, 2012
John Bruni
John Bruni rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2013
Nick Cox
Nick Cox rated it it was ok
Aug 13, 2011
Antóin
Antóin rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2013
Brandon
Brandon rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2016
Jason
Jason rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2015
Ciaran Bourke
Ciaran Bourke rated it liked it
Aug 26, 2012
Stanley
Stanley rated it it was ok
Jan 02, 2012
I
I rated it it was ok
May 22, 2008
Ines
Ines rated it really liked it
Nov 16, 2012
Storm
Storm rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2013
Chris Jennings
Chris Jennings rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2012
Tvermar
Tvermar rated it it was ok
Aug 11, 2013
Harv
Harv rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2010
Neil
Neil rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2011
Jussi S
Jussi S rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2011
Ennis began his comic-writing career in 1989 with the series Troubled Souls. Appearing in the short-lived but critically-acclaimed British anthology Crisis and illustrated by McCrea, it told the story of a young, apolitical Protestant man caught up by fate in the violence of the Irish 'Troubles'. It spawned a sequel, For a Few Troubles More, a broad Belfast-based comedy featuring two supporting ch ...more
More about Garth Ennis...