Start by marking “First to Find” as Want to Read:
First to Find

First to Find

Players of a treasure hunting game called geocaching uncover the grisly and obscure clues left by a spree murderer. Players find these clues scattered around the country and write about them online. A couple in Austin, Texas begin to pull the clues together and a horrific picture begins to emerge. Will they identify and apprehend the killer before he kills again? Not befor ...more
Published July 26th 2010 by Lulu.com

To ask other readers questions about First to Find, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about First to Find

Start your review of First to Find
Apr 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: geocaching, mystery
I found this book when I was searching online for books about geocaching. I ordered a copy. There's a cold making its way around my household so I settled in to hide in my bedroom with this book from the virus.

At first I didn't care much for it. It was a bit clunky, but then I grew interested in the mystery. I especially was interested in the killer. Using the POV of the killer was an intriguing trick.

Unfortunately, with these kinds of books that depend on technology, the books age quickly. I d
P.J.
Sep 28, 2010 rated it liked it
When I first got my Amazon Kindle, I was looking for 3 or 4 books of which I had been wanting to read. This was the second book I got for my Kindle as I had heard some things about it and the reviews seemed pretty decent. Being a geocacher, too, drew my interest.

Luckily, I didn't read it within the first seven days I purchased it. If so, I would have stopped after two or three chapters and returned it for a refund. Being you have to give full stars for your rating, I went with a 3, thought I wo
Rachel Barnard
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
First to find is full of firsts and finds that you may think you have all figured out until the ultimate first to find, every nightmare any geocacher has dreamed about. If it’s a gruesome murder, then why leave behind a jar of urine or a dead dog? Casual geocachers out for their finds will stumble upon more than they bargained for in this tale of murder and revenge. If the geocachers put together the clues, will they be led right to the killer or will he catch on to their game?

Mark Gessner opens
Randy
Dec 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
I bought this book since the author was a geocacher and engineer who was laid off when he wrote it. Featured on podcacher.com podcast it sounded interesting. Circled by a psychotic killer, the geocachers uncover a number of pieces to a bigger puzzle, much like a geocache puzzle, but with potentially drastic consequences. The killer was probably the weakest part of the book with little background provided and crossing over into weird. It was a quick read and held my attention pretty well but it w ...more
J. Ewbank
Oct 14, 2013 rated it liked it
This book about catching or geocatching was a new one on me. The story, though, or plot line was a good one that captured my attending and I was eager to read to the end to find out what would happen. There must be more books coming down the pike because there is a lot of further areas and plots that can be mined.

J. Robert Ewbank author "John Wesley, Natual Man, and the Isms" and "Wesley's Wars"
Mary Ann
Jul 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
I am so excited to have read this book, written by my dear friend! It's an intriguing story about geocaching in Austin back when I was actively part of the scene. I am enjoying this fictional story, though there are hints of non-fiction throughout :-) ...more
Mrs. Lapacka
Jan 21, 2013 rated it it was ok
I wanted to like this book, I really did. I loved the idea of a murder mystery surrounding geocaching. That said, the story jumped all over the place, the writing was stale, and the characters were two-dimensional.I wanted to like it, I really did.
Jennifer Larrabee
Quick read. Not high quality literature, but fun.
Myrthe
Oct 04, 2018
Tracy
Jan 29, 2014
Joelle
Feb 24, 2013
Anne
Feb 15, 2013 rated it it was ok
I liked it because he has a good sense of geocaching, which I love.
Dave