Start by marking “Making Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy Work: Clinical Process for New Practitioners” as Want to Read:

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  51 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
A highly practical guide for beginning therapists, this concise primer fills the gap between academic training and what newly-minted clinicians need to know for day-to-day work with clients. Illustrated are the "whats," "whens," and "how-tos" of the entire process of cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)--from intake, assessment, case conceptualization, and treatment planning ...more
Published May 11th 2005 by The Guilford Press

To ask other readers questions about Making Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy Work, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Making Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy Work

Jackie
Non-review personal anecdote for this book: I had a very good male friend, whose presence I enjoyed immensely and therefore treated with friendly abandon. He fell in love with me, and I didn't reciprocate, but I was the only one close enough to him to make sure he was okay.

I spoke with him about his feelings and even set him up on a few dates, but instead of helping him to move on, this only increased his emotional dependence on me. So instead of continuing to wear my therapist hat for him, whi
Katie
Oct 02, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: psychology
I still can't stand CBT, but since you have know and love it, this is an acceptable intro/review. Much more readable than anything else I've come across; heavier on practice than on theory, with an appendix that recommends treatment manuals for various disorders.

I really had no idea that CBT was so wedded to assessment by standardized questionnaire. I've certainly never seen that done.

Except for the case exammple, which was invented for the book instead of taken from life. It's an "ideal" or pur
Amy
Oct 09, 2012 rated it liked it
I think I would have stuck with Beck, but since I had to read it for class, I made the most of it. It is written well and easy to follow. I think Beck does a better job at practical application, but does covers theory well enough. It will stay on my shelf.
Jason
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent introduction to CBT, a continuing vignette takes the reader through assessment, diagnosis, case formulation and the entire therapeutic process.
Ali Feizi
Oct 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
به نظر می رسد کتاب رفتاردرمانی شناختی برای تازه کارها نوشته راث لدلی، مارکس و هیمبرگ از آن دسته کتابهایی است که بایستی چندین بار مطالعه شوند.
دکتر حسن حمیدپور