Start by marking “Green Light” as Want to Read:
Green Light

Green Light

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  120 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Here is the powerful and inspiring novel that has guided hundreds of thousands of people and given them strength and comfort. The kindly Dean Harcourt with his simple wisdom has encouraged many to write to Lloyd Douglas for advice and help. He has brought pleasure, solace and inspiration into many lives.

Dean Harcourt, of a Middle-western cathedral, is the motivational for
Published (first published January 1st 1934)

To ask other readers questions about Green Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Green Light

Lexy Martin
Apr 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This was a book I read as a kid and have reread once since. It was my favorite book for years. The message for me was indirect: whatever I set my mind to, I can do.
Judio
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This, as is the case of the other books of his that I've read, is a stellar novel from Lloyd Douglas. Even though it has a strong thread of Bible inspiration running through its entirety, this is not a 'Christian' book in terms of that genre. It is inspirational; it is thought-provoking; it is a piece of writing which will have the reader clamouring to know what happens next, in full sympathy with the main characters and in awe of the masterful delivery.

Lloyd Douglas weaves a tale with a basic l
Sheri-lee
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
The most popular book each of 1935. I’m going to give this 4 stars because it was a pleasant little read. It was predictable but left you with the feeling that it would make a lovely little rom-com.
Anne Harvey
Dec 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Reread from many years ago, it's amazing how my reading tastes have changed, probably as a result of the new style of writing, 'show not tell.' It's still a cracking story though and the writing is exceptional still.

Newell Paige is a US mid-west doctor whose mentor, Endicott, is like a father to him. When Endicott receives news of the 1929 Wall Street Crash, he botches an operation, the patient dies, and Paige takes the blame for it rather than have his elderly hero's reputation damaged. To esca
Stu Page
Apr 27, 2009 rated it really liked it
A book that tells a great story about a mane who has faced great personal difficult helping a multiple of people to face difficulties in their lives thru the Christian Faith Read it 50 years ago and just reread it.
Janene
Jan 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A man who saves the name of a fellow sergeon by taking the blame of a fatal mistake in a surgery. He runs away and in time defines himself more in life and becomes aquanted with someone who is tied to the person who died in surgery. A sweet love story along offers some Christian based ideas.
Wyyknot
Oct 18, 2009 rated it really liked it
Green light by Lloyd C. Douglas (1935)
Erin
Jan 03, 2008 rated it liked it
A young surgeon claims fault for his mentor's fatal mistake and is removed from hospital staff. His career ruined, he sets out with a new identity for adventures away from the medical field.
Partridge Public
Douglas, Lloyd C.
Clifford
Aug 11, 2008 rated it liked it
The characterization was what made me read this book of people that lived during the market crash 1930's and a love story to boot!
Valerie Kite
I read this in my early years. It is the story of doctor error gone wrong. Lloyd C. Douglas is a strong Christian author uniquely powerful for his descriptions and expression of feelings.
Karen
  • The Cardinal
  • The Prodigal Women
  • A Tender Victory
  • The Crossing
  • Anthony Adverse (Anthony Adverse, #1-3)
  • Pomp and Circumstance
  • Bab: A Sub-Deb
  • Seeds
  • Not As a Stranger
  • Uncommon Gratitude: Alleluia for All That Is
  • Stage Door
  • The Dance of Life: Weaving Sorrows and Blessings Into One Joyful Step
  • Songs of Christmas
  • The Legacy of Beulah Land (Beulah Land, #3)
  • Anything Can Happen
was a noteworthy American minister and author. He spent part of his boyhood in Monroeville, Indiana, Wilmot, Indiana and Florence, Kentucky, where his father, Alexander Jackson Douglas, was pastor of the Hopeful Lutheran Church. He died in Los Angeles, California.
Douglas was one of the most popular American authors of his time, although he didn't write his first novel until he was 50.
His written w
More about Lloyd C. Douglas...