Start by marking “Restless Faith: Holding On to a God Just Out of Reach” as Want to Read:
Restless Faith: Holding On to a God Just Out of Reach

Restless Faith: Holding On to a God Just Out of Reach

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  38 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
Let go of the deeply controlled, preconceived assumptions of faith to seek the God who seems just out of reach. Author Winn Collier challenges us to confront the unsettling edges of faith and discover a freedom to worship God in the midst of life’s chaos, even if He doesn’t seem to answer our prayers.
Published August 31st 2005 by NavPress

To ask other readers questions about Restless Faith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Restless Faith

David McClendon, Sr
Apr 23, 2016 rated it did not like it
Let me begin by saying that I would love to give this book all five stars. I say that not because of anything to do with the book itself. The reason is that this author lives in Clemson, South Carolina, which is near my old home area of Starr and Iva, South Carolina and the Flat Rock Community.

Maybe I am not the brightest bulb in the string of lights, but I had a very hard time trying to ascertain what this Collier was trying to say.

Reading this book seems very much like being inside the mind
Andrew
Aug 18, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dunredalready
This is a fantastic book for anyone struggling to find meaning in a spiritual dry spell. Just because God may not be speaking directly to you, it doesn't mean He doesn't exist. This book goes back through the societal strife, negligent indolence, trials, tribulations, and head-scratching works God addressed through the prophet Malachi. God brought the heat through Malachi, and this book does a fantastic job of relating the struggles of 4th Century BC to the struggles we face as Christians surrou ...more
Jodi Herlick
Apr 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is refreshingly honest and well-written. The author is very open about his own struggles, which adds to the impact of his message. It's a wonderful change from the prevalent religious self-help books, and while it doesn't offer easy answers, it does offer challenging biblical principles. This is a must-read for those of us who struggle with the desire to be in control of our own life rather than truly surrendering to whatever God has for us.
Juli
Jackie Johnson
Feb 15, 2011
Ann Harrington
Nov 21, 2017
Winn has written for periodicals such as Washington Post, Christian Century, Soul Journey, Christianity Today, In Touch, Campus Life, Leadership Journal, Radiant, Preaching Today and Clear & Seven. For six years, Winn was the Deeper Walk editor for Relevant Magazine. His first solo book, Restless Faith: Hanging on to a God Just out of Reach is a candid exploration into the perplexing, riveting ...more
More about Winn Collier