Start by marking “When Doctors Kill: Who, Why and How” as Want to Read:
When Doctors Kill: Who, Why and How

When Doctors Kill: Who, Why and How

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  20 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
It would come as no surprise that many readers may be shocked and intrigued by the title of our book. Some (especially our medical colleagues) may wonder why it is even worthwhile to raise the issue of killing by doctors. Killing is clearly an- thetical to the Art and Science of Medicine, which is geared toward easing pain and suffering and to saving lives rather than smot ...more
Published May 21st 2010 by Springer (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about When Doctors Kill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Doctors Kill

Jeannie and Louis Rigod
Aug 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: concerned citizens
I wanted to read this book due to the subject and the Authors. The subject is Who, Why, and How these famous medical physicians were allowed to kill citizens that trusted their lives to them. The 'when' question, was not among my primary questions, but by the ending of the book, it was. Why? Because it is very important to me to be reassured these atrocities are not continuing today or in the future. Sounds silly until you understand that in 1977 a law was passed saying "The use of human subject ...more
Jenn Mather Nessen
Sep 02, 2010 rated it it was ok
When Doctors Kill: Who, Why, and How- by Joshua Perper and Stephen J. Cina

I was very excited to read this book. From reading about the authors, I thought it was great to have a book about some of the well known reasons and theories of why doctors kill. Having a professional background in psychology, and post-graduate studies in forensic psychology and law, I am always looking for new material to recommend to friends who teach college courses, or to keep in mind, should I decide to teach a cours
Meaghan
Aug 13, 2010 rated it really liked it
This is a slim volume that still packs a lot of punch. From the title I thought it would be a true crime book about murderous doctors. In fact, however, it covers doctor-caused deaths in a wide variety of contexts, including deliberate murder, malpractice, assisted suicide and euthanasia, medical experimentation, even doctors who became dictators (I had no idea there were so many of those).

In addition to providing a great deal of information, the authors are quite witty. When speaking of hypnosi
Manda Seats
Jul 03, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book was fascinating to me. It's so packed with information that it can be a bit overwhelming at times, but it's certainly educational. The only real issue I had with the book was the editing...or actually, the extreme lack thereof.

I found misspelled words, typos, nonsensical sentences where words had been moved around, and even one paragraph where there were repeat sentences. I don't know if the authors did their own editing, hired someone, or even bothered to proofread their work at all.
Kate
Jul 02, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book covered different doctor-caused deaths in depth, and that entire idea was super mysterious to me. This book discussed direct murder as well as malpractice, assisted suicide, and medical experimentation on patients. This book was very educational and would do well as supporting material in a college class. However, there were many distracting typos throughout the book. The authors were witty, and it was generally a fun read.
Sydnee Surridge
Looks really interesting!
Tammie
Jul 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Sweet!! I love books like this...excellent giveaway win!
Lauren Connors
Margo Mckeon
Zoltan Almasi
Richard
Jul 04, 2010
Dr. Joshua Perper is a forensic pathologist and Chief Medical Examiner in Broward County (Fort Lauderdale area) in the United States who has gained both national and international notice for his work on several high profile autopsies.