Start by marking “Blueprint Small: Creative Ways to Live with Less” as Want to Read:
Blueprint Small: Creative Ways to Live with Less

Blueprint Small: Creative Ways to Live with Less

3.15  ·  Rating details ·  34 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
When it comes to deciding on the size of a home or living space, one question must be asked: How much space is enough? Americans often relate "enough" space to dimensions, rather than to how a space will really be enjoyed. In Blueprint Small, Michelle Kodis examines small spaces (each 1500 square feet or less) from a wide spectrum of locations, budgets, and individual styl ...more
Published March 24th 2003 by Gibbs Smith

To ask other readers questions about Blueprint Small, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blueprint Small

Ashley
Oct 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgetten
Well, I checked out this book hoping more for tips, ideas, and suggestions for how to creatively design smaller. All it really was was words from the architects about the houses they designed, and lots of focus on the blueprints and buildings. It's more of something that would convince you to live smaller and make better use of space. That's about it. Overall a bit of a disappointment, and by the middle I was just skimming through it.
Jamie
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
I bought this book first because I was under the impression that it was based on Permaculture. This book features mainly quite small homes that cost probably at least a million $$$ each in cities like LA and NYC. Interesting for architects but not so interesting for people who are seeking to leave the city to live off the grid.
Dawn
Apr 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing
If you like to look at architecture, houses, and cool ideas, this is a great book. It can be looked at in an evening and has some really cool ideas for small places. It's a small book filed with small living spaces done beautifully.
Rekha
Feb 20, 2008 rated it liked it
This book had great things to say about Americans' notions about space- how much do we really need and where do we get those ideas from? But really, the book is all about the photos and floor plans. It offers a wide variety of styles and function. Fun eye candy.
Megalion
Mar 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Interesting book and gave me some things to think about. I just question the inclusion of houses of 1600 sq ft when small to me is 1000 sq ft and under.
Hayden
Feb 20, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: diy
This book was fine, I just don't think I could get a permit for many of the ideas it suggests, like having a loft accessible only by ladder. But then, I haven't really looked into it.
JaNel
Mar 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: interest
I love looking at books like this--how to live creatively in really tiny spaces. Call me weird.
Mckinley
Jul 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Love looking at books about small houses.
Rickey
Jan 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
beautiful, creative layout
Elisabeth
Nov 23, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I really enjoyed this book; beautiful photos and easy to understand! Houses are my passion. (hence the degree in Housing)
Susan
Dec 09, 2012
Rebecca
Nov 01, 2016
Darlene
rated it did not like it
Apr 08, 2012