Start by marking “Time to Run (SEAL Team 12, #3)” as Want to Read:
Time to Run (SEAL Team 12, #3)

Time to Run

(SEAL Team 12 #3)

On the run from her controlling husband, Sara Garret has discovered she's got a spine of steel - and she'll do anything to protect her son. Now the person she must turn to is another man. But this SEAL, with his Harley and ponytail, is no knight in shining armour.
Mass Market Paperback, 288 pages
Published February 1st 2006 by Forever (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Time to Run, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Time to Run

Mr. Perfect by Linda HowardAfter the Night by Linda HowardHard Evidence by Pamela ClareUnlawful Contact by Pamela ClareNaked in Death by J.D. Robb
Best Romantic Suspense
1,875 books — 2,565 voters
Something About You by Julie JamesA Lot like Love by Julie JamesWild Card by Lora LeighThe Darkest Hour by Maya BanksUnlawful Contact by Pamela Clare
I Love A Man In Uniform
1,491 books — 1,480 voters

More lists with this book...

Jonetta
We got a quick glimpse of Sara Garrett in the last story, enough to know that she was a probable domestic abuse victim. A chance encounter with SEAL Team Twelve Chief Petty Officer Chase McCaffery sets them both, along with her son, on a path away from her cruel and controlling husband, JAG attorney Bartholomew Garrett.

There's a lot to like about this story. Sara's transformation from a cowering, fearful and controlled woman to someone who takes the reins of her life was inspiring. Her relation
Buggy
This is book #3 from the SEAL Team 12 series but I’m pretty sure you could read it as a standalone without any problems. This one centres on team sniper Chase “Westy” McCaffery and on the run military spouse Sara Garrett.

Our hero is on leave for the majority of the story here, so the military aspect which I usually enjoy takes a bit of back seat. Chase is on his way to a family ranch in Oklahoma that he’s just inherited when Sara (a woman he’s aided in the past) asks for his help (a ride) in es
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
3.5 Stars - Enjoyable read - A good blend of suspense & romance with an intriguing plot line. The character development in this one is really good, especially with Sara as readers get a chance to watch her learn to stand on her own. Chase is everything I love in a hero - strong & protective, yet emotionally damaged by the loss of everyone & everything he's ever loved in life. He doesn't give his trust or love carelessly - nor does he accept it from others.

While a couple of situation
Christa
Aug 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: booksfree-com
As I read the books in the Seal Team Twelve series, they just keep getting better and better. I thoroughly enjoyed Time to Run. Chase McCaffrey was an appealing, protective hero, and I enjoyed reading about how the heroine, Sara Garret, blossoms under his care. Hannah Geary Lindstrom, heroine from the previous book, figures fairly prominently in this one, and it was good to read about her again.

Sara Garret has been mentally brutalized by her controlling husband for years. She has dreamed of lea
Robin
Nov 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sara Garret is desperate. Her abusive husband, JAG lawyer Bartholomew Garret, has gone too far. He strangled her son's pet rabbit because Kendal was playing his music too loud. Sara approaches Chase McCaffrey, a man she barely knows, and asks for help. Soon Chase is driving Sara and Kendal across the country to a house left to him by his deceased stepfather. Chase assumes that Sara and Kendal are safe at the house. But White Supremacists have been living in the empty house. They left the house b ...more
Umaiya ❄️Ramblings of a Scattered Mind❄️

Well...this was nice.

A little fast paced, some things would be better if they had been eased into but overall it was a good read.
At first, I didn't think the husband was that bad, I mean yeah he was a total douche but I've read/heard of worse but with the power of attorney shit he pulled, he died too easy.

I probably loved the epilogue best in here. It was nice to see how sweet Chase was. ^_^
Sunny
Aug 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Love this, but it had a flaw that prevented me from giving it five stars. More review to come.
Lisa - (Aussie Girl)
Once you get over the far fetched opening of Time to Run (view spoiler) and settles into the story ( which explains somewhat the abovementioned shaky start) a fairly decent romantic suspense which by the end was quite enjoyable.

Anita
Sep 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-la-county
OMG! I cannot believe the same author who wrote the first two awful books in this series wrote this one too. They are like night and day. This book has a great plot with great writing to match. I hope the rest of the series is as good.

Sara is living a nightmare life. Her husband, a JAG officer, is a controlling, emotionally abusive bastard. After he strangles her son's pet rabbit, she decided it's time to leave.

Chase is the Team sniper. He has been at it twice as long as other snipers. He has ne
Wendy
Jun 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jan-16
A great addition to the SEAL Team 12 series!
Darcy
Jul 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: military, romance, 2011
I don't know what why, but I am a sucker for these types of books, the ones where the woman has been abused by her spouse and finally as the last straw she feels her only need is to run. This is the case for Sara and her son Kendal, what finally after 10 years tipped her over, when her husband killed her son's bunny right in front of him. That would do it for sure. Of course it doesn't help that the bad husband is high up in the JAG, perfect on the outside, evil on the inside.

Sara takes a chance
Jacqueline J
Nice romantic suspense. Well written and one of my favorites of the series. I particularly enjoyed the emotional progression of the hero. (view spoiler)It was different to see an abused woman who instead of being physically abused was mentally abused. It did make it so that she didn't have as much to overcome to get physical with the hero so was easier to swallow. The villain w ...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
The third novel in The SEAL Team 12 series by Marliss Melton. Westy, aka Chase McCaffrey, is back and is going on leave to Oklahoma. Before leaving Sara Garret asks for help in escaping from her controlling husband. Sara and her son hit the road with Chase to his ranch in Oklahoma. Unlike the previous two in the series, we don't get see the rest of the team in this book. Chase is on his own. There is a glimpse of Hannah from In The Dark. A fast pace read with a few heart wrenching moments.
Shellz
Aug 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This series keeps getting better and better...the end was so sweet it made me cry :)
May Grider
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I started reading Marliss Melton after finishing Suzanne Brockmann ' s Troubleshooters series. I searched on "authors Ike Suzanne Brockmann" and of course a Goodreads discussion came up with several suggestions, of which Marliss Melton seemed to be the most commonly and favorably mentioned.
I had to get a few books into the series before I realized, with this one, "Yes, these books are entertaining and absorbing."
Whereas Ms. Brockmann seems to create characters who defy stereotypes of what a SE
Leila
Choilyn
Oct 04, 2017 rated it did not like it
I'm disappointed in the book. Though, Sara was obviously a victim of domestic abuse, fell out of love for her husband who is out looking for her and her son, the author should have at least removed the threat first, then after a few years slowly fell in love with Chase and had sex. Not during a few weeks after they escaped! I don't believe in extra-marital affairs so I don't like the book.
Deborah
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great action packed series. You are pulled in from the very beginning. You will fall in love with the characters. A officer's wife and a Navy SEAL, what could they possibly have in common?
Amy  Branch
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book read by Marliss! She is an amazing writer. Her stories hook you and leave you wanting more. Her books are a must have!
Jennifer Wardrip
May 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing
The books in this series are full of passion, action-adventure, and suspense, and if you haven't had the chance to read them yet, you need to pick them up today!

Chief Petty Officer Chase "Westy" McCaffrey was having a bad day when he strode into the Trial Services Building at Oceana Naval Base. It wasn't just that he needed the signature of a JAG lawyer to sign off on a case, or the fact that he'd just returned from sniper duty in a bad hot spot. It wasn't even really the fact that his stepfath
Alison
The story of Westy and Sara.

Westy was the mysterious sidekick from book 2. He is the sniper of Team 12 and believes that all snipers are a bit psycho and therefore no normal woman could have a meaningful relationship with him (and vice versa). Of course.

In book 2 he notices Sara, the wife of the JAG lawyer prosecuting Gabe, mainly because she is trying so hard to hide from sight by dressing in drab, shapeless clothing. Even then we can see that he is interested (although I thought she might be a
Jazzypom
Jul 12, 2008 rated it really liked it
This is the best book Ms Melton has written so far. Chase is complicated enough to make things interesting, decent enough to fall for. Sara is tough enough to admire, but vulnerable enough to sympathise with her plight.

Summary: Sara is married to Jarrett, a JAG. For a long time Sara has suffered under his abuse, until Jarrett does an action so shocking, so cruel, it gives Sara the impetuous to take her son, and plead her case to Chase. Long story short, they are on the road, and he takes her to
Danielle Gypsy Soul
3.5 Stars. This is the 3rd book in Marliss Melton's Seal Team 12 Series and is very different from the previous two books. I imagine it's because Chase (Westy) is apart from the rest of the Seal Team for most of the book.

This book centers around Sara who is fleeing her emotionally abusive husband and Chase a sniper who agrees to help Sara and her son. Sara is actually quite a strong character and I admit I wondered how she managed to get into and stay in an abusive relationship for so long. Chas
Nile Princess
Really liked this one. I've loved Westy (Chase) since Book 1 and Sara was a wonderful match for him. This was a pretty straightforward read. Sara's husband is controlling and abusive and she approaches Chase, who was about to head out of town, to give her a ride so she can start a new life.

Loved the chemistry between Chase and Sara and enjoyed Sara's transformation from dowdy to sexy. The pacing and 'adventures' on the road were realistic. The only problem I had was that with all the reasons li
Sydney Baily
Aug 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Another thoroughly enjoyable Marliss Melton Navy SEAL suspense book. Recently, I read a SEAL book that was all gratuitous sex scene after sex scene, and the story was so secondary that I didn't care about the characters, didn't believe their love story, and couldn't suspend my disbelief for the course of the book.

This is not the case with Melton. The characters in Time to Run aren't just instantaneously attracted to each other and they don't fall immediately into bed. The characters get to know
J.M. Brister
Jul 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Marliss Melton fans, Romantic suspense fans
Shelves: 2012
Ah, yes...because when I start a series, apparently, I must finish it!

This book was actually a pretty enjoyable read. I liked it better than the second book in the series but not as much as the first.

Sarah has a husband who is a complete creep (probably the nicest word I could use for him). She decides enough is enough of his controlling demeanor and makes a plan to run with her son. She ends up getting help from a Navy SEAL sniper, Chase, who takes her to Oklahoma in hopes that she start a new
Patricia
Aug 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I'm falling in love with this series. Each book gets better and better. I love how fluid the writing is. The characters, the scenes are so vividly written and just like the previous books in this series, you are able to visualize with such ease. One thing about this book is the emotions that will tug at your heartstrings. Very well done, Marliss.
Maqluba
It was just fine. I was looking specifically for a romantic suspense story and I usually don't mind if the romance is more prominent but I really didn't enjoy this as much. I think its this author's writing that I didn't enjoy more than the story. It just seemed too cheeeesy.

I finished it though, so that's at least something.
Carrie
Jul 03, 2010 rated it really liked it
While I would've liked for the author to spend a little more time developing the relationship between Chase and Sara, I still really enjoyed this installment of Melton's SEAL books. The action in the second half was exciting and well-done. Chase's emotions seemed believable, as well. The epilogue was sweet but a little cheesy. ;-)
« previous 1 3 next »

• Risk No Secrets (Black Ops Inc., #5)
  • SEALed with a Promise (SEALed, #2)
  • Too Hot to Hold (Hold Trilogy, #2)
  • Renegade (Dark Ops, #3)
  • Breakpoint (High Risk, #4)
  • Harvard's Education (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #5)
  • Thrill Me to Death (Bullet Catcher, #2)
  • No Control (Delta Force #2)
aka Marliss Moon.

Marliss Melton is the author of over a dozen counterterrorist/romantic suspense stories, including two Navy SEALs series (SEAL Team 12 and Echo Platoon), a counterterrorist Taskforce Trilogy, three novellas, and two short stories. She relies on her experience as a military spouse and on her many contacts in the Spec Ops and Intelligence communities to pen realistic and heartfelt s

SEAL Team 12 (8 books)
  • Forget Me Not (SEAL Team 12, #1)
  • In the Dark (SEAL Team 12, #2)
  • Next to Die (SEAL Team 12, #4)
  • Don't Let Go (SEAL Team 12, #5)
  • Too Far Gone (SEAL Team 12, #6)
  • Show No Fear (SEAL Team 12, #7)
  • Long Gone (SEAL Team 12, #8)