Start by marking “Undone (Vino and Veritas)” as Want to Read:
Undone (Vino and Veritas)

Undone

(Vino & Veritas #18)

My new roommate has the worst taste in men.

I mean, Murph’s special. He’s funny and flamboyant and full of life.

While I’m straight, even I can tell these guys aren’t good enough for him.

I had to yell at one date, toss another one out the door, and throw a beer in another’s face.

Kind of embarrassing, really. I don’t know what’s gotten into me.

I ask my sister what’s wrong wi
Published August 12th 2021
Featured Notes & Highlights

To ask other readers questions about Undone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Undone

Start your review of Undone (Vino and Veritas)
Emily Hernandez
Aug 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't expecting to fall head-over-heels for Jason and Murph, but wow was their story something special. I've read other roommate romances, even ones with a man who considered himself straight at the beginning, but none of them have gotten under my skin as much as Jason and Murph did. Murph, with his dazzling, true-to-himself personality, was irresistible from the start, and Jason's sweet caretaking had me swooning before he even realized he might be bisexual. Seeing the two of them get to kno ...more
Jessica (jpbooklife)
Aug 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I can honestly say that I don't know who I was most charmed by in this book.
Murph, with his vibrance and energy just shines. He is colorful, bright and in his own words "extraordinary ".
Or Jason, who is the sweetest, dorkiest, most adorable insurance agent I've ever heard of. His need to nurture and take care of Murph comes from such a selfless place. The way he helped him move, feeding him and protecting him put hearts in my eyes.

Or it might have just been the author who charmed me with her w
Debra
Aug 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Learning about yourself

Murph is out and proud when he moved into a new flat with a new flatmate Jason. Jason leads a mediocre life until Murph comes into it and then he's going to fayres and cooking with his flatmate. Jason always assumed he was straight until he realises he's got feelings for Murph. This is when he learns he's actually bisexual. This story was absolutely perfect and wanted to hug both of them and be their friend. I can't recommend this book highly enough. To me it's perfect.
Batwoman
Aug 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS BOOK!! Starts off so innocent then to very steamy. So happy to finally have Murph’s story. I love how Murph is funny and always teasing throughout the whole book. While Jason is so clueless and it’s adorable. Absolutely loved reading their story. I can’t wait to read more of this series. Yes they are standalones but I want to know everyone’s story. Highly recommend this book!!
ellie
not me dnf’ing when i had like 5% of this book left💀 i couldn’t do it. fuck that.

what in the biphobia...

was loving this until the whole “you can’t possibly be satisfied being with a man when you’re bisexual bcos you’ll obviously be tempted by other women and want to return to women”— like Jason can’t make up his own mind (and whatever “return to women” means, i don’t know either :///)

invalidating bisexual and pansexual people ain’t it lol. it literally soured my mood so bad😭 i was intending to
Renae Reads
Jul 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
*** I received an eArc from Heart Eyes Press in exchange for an honest review.***

Murph is the absolute sweetest cinnamon roll MC ever!!! I was first introduced to him in Marley Valentine's V&V entry Unforgettable and I was instantly smitten with his character and desperately wanted his story. I was excitedly anticipating his romance and Undone did not disappoint.

Undone consists of a roommates to lovers trope with bisexual awakening elements story that is full of sweet moments between Murph and
Cadiva
Jul 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
This was a lovely way to end the Vino & Veritas series and also the second (or third) book I've read which is based on a Gay News story.

The basic premise is that one poster was worried they were homophobic because they hated everyone their flatmate dated. Turns out, they were in love with the flatmate - all ended happily at time of printing :D

You can read the Reddit thread here: https://www.reddit.com/r/SuddenlyGay/...

Leslie McAdam's version is super sweet and involves one of my favourite charac
Sabrina
Aug 05, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: man-oh-man
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Undone was a book that had me smiling like a loon almost the entire time I was reading. Murph and Jason had the cutest friendship and it was amazing to see how it progressed to more. Especially with the added angst from Jason being unsure of his feelings for Murph. These are two characters that could intrigue you all by themselves, but together they bring a sweetness to the story that makes you feel like you've truly immersed yourself into the world with them. And i
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

Murph + Jason

We already met Murph as Reeve's BFF and roommate two books ago and since Reeve fell in love, Murph needs a new place to live.
Enter Jason. He's a life insurance salesman who rents out a room in his house.
Jason doesn't love his job, but he's good at it and it's family tradition.
Jason is also not gay.
But he's so very intrigued by his happy and glittering new roommate.

LET THE FUN TIMES BEGIN! ☺

═════════════════

Adorable!!

I was so looking forward to Murph's story! He's so funny and color
Carmen Rae
Ok, I keep telling everyone how much I love this whole True North world and seriously the books just keep making me repeat myself. The whole thing is awesome. We get the True North world and all of their places and some of their people. Then we get these great new characters mixed in with some returning faces and beautiful new stories. And no matter your genre there’s a book for you because it has it all. Plus it comes from the brain of the amazing Sarina Bowen. I feel like a total fangirl every ...more
Leslie
Jun 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Murph and Jason were super fun to write!

I wanted to write a bisexual awakening book that had no miscommunication between the leads, although Jason miscommunicates with himself about his sexuality. It meant a lot to me to have a book where the characters talked out everything … but they still had conflicts to deal with.

Truth? I have a crush on Murph. I think I have a thing for funny, vivacious twinks. And Jason is just so, so yummy. I can see why Murph has a crush on him.

I also tried to includ
Denise H.
The man in the grey flannel suit, and the flamboyant fellow....
Opposites attract in Vermont. This is a special self discovery tale.
New roomies, Jason and Murph, where Jason owns the Victorian home, and he rents rooms, and Murph was found for him by his sister. The two get along right away.
Clueless Jason, 27, is an insurance man in his

Dad's business, plus he's handsome, tall and muscled, green-eyed, with blonde/brown/red hair, and has a FWB, friend with benefits, Marnie, and a glassworks hobb
Starla
Aug 12, 2021 rated it liked it
I blasted through this, and it was fun, but I guess I was expecting more from this story🤷‍♀️
Still a fun, pretty fluffy read.
alyssa
Aug 15, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: dual-multi-pov
description

based on the above Reddit story that's actually super adorable but also had my expectations sky high to the detriment of my enjoyment. the general premise instantly captured my attention, though the execution left me wanting angles that we didn't get. (on a side note, this also felt vaguely similar to Unforgettable which i'd just finished with the bit about parental expectations and feeling unworthy of love due to trauma from an ex.)

Jason is the supposed "straight guy" who finds himself inadvert
NicoleR.M.M.
3,5 stars
With his sweet, low angst book the Vino & Veritas series comes to an end. Though I still have a couple of them on my TBR, so technically I'm not there yet, but this book is indeed the last one in a series I really enjoyed. I'm going to miss all these familiar faces and the vibe of Vermont!

This book gives us Murph and Jason, and since Murph is in need of a new place to stay and Jason has a room for rent, they end up together in the same house. Murph immediately falls for Jason, who's not
Lisa
Aug 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite universes, and it's fun to see one of my favorite authors playing in the pool!

Murph and Jason are a lot of fun, and Murph needs to come be my friend - stat. True to the world they're in, Jason's realization that Murph is more than a friend, and his standing up to...well, read it and find out. I'd like to see more of these two!!
Rin Pet
Aug 15, 2021 rated it liked it
This was a solid 4 star read until the last 20%. It was so fun and so sweet and the trope, that can sometimes be problematic, was dealt with well. Thennnnn The Big Conflict happens. And it was absolutely bizarre. Like… someone new started writing the book. These two characters went into a self hatred and questioning spiral when there was NO HINT of it the rest of the book. Murph had a sh*t ex but the conflict with Jason was sooooo unnecessary and so forced. I mourned the characters that I got at ...more
ItaPixie
Aug 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

Undone was a good read.

Jason has a new flatmate, Murph, he finds him cute and they have a lot of interests in common. Day after day Jason grows fonder of his new friend and he begins to see Murph differently, but he is straight, right? Murph is instantly attracted to his new landlord but he knows that is dangerous to fall in love with a straight man but that doesn’t forbid him being a flirt. Will there be heartbreak in their future or an happy ending? Find it out reading this story.

I liked Mur

Meegz Reads
Aug 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites, kindle
*5 Stars*

ARC kindly received for an honest review.

I absolutely adored this book and I devoured it. Murph was an interesting character in Unforgettable (by Marley Valentine, a previous book in this series), and I was keen to get to know him in this book, his own story.

I was not let down. He was such an adorable and loveable character, and I also really liked Jason. I love roommates and friends to lovers books, and this was kind of a mix of both, although mostly on the roommates side. I really
Elle P. Golden
Aug 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful book!

I need more stars to give, because 5 aren't enough.

Since I started this book, I just couldn't put it down. The characters were so complex, full of personality and completely enticing.
Along the whole book, I felt embraced in a warm cocoon, my heart was warm and cozy and all I could do was smile.
It was like this book was hugging me and making me feel loved.

Jason and Murph captivated me entirely.
Murph was colorful and so full of life. Whenever he was around, there was this lig
Sabrina
Jul 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The final book of the Vino & Veritas series and it was great! After meeting Murph a few books earlier, I was super excited to see he was getting his own book. He was such a great character, I wanted to know more about him. And in this story we do. Murph is moving to a new place which means a new roommate. A roommate that immediately sparks his interest but Murph has no idea if this guy is attracted to men. And after some shameless flirting it turns out Jason is straight. Right? Jason has been go ...more
Amy
Jul 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Oh my Goddess I loved this book! This is the kind of genre that I really like. MM where one of the main characters doesn’t realize he is gay or bi and he has a “sexual awakening.”

Jason and Davey “Murph” Murphy meet while Murph is moving into Jason’s apartment. Jason immediately sees that Murph is very comfortable in his own skin and loves being himself. Jason is a bit of a protector. He loves making dinner for him and Murphy and even packs leftovers for Murph to take to work.

Jason works for hi
Jessica Alcazar
Another #win from my binge-read of the last 5 books in this series is going straight to Murph’s story after meeting him in Unforgettable by Marley Valentine!!

I am so super stoked with the choices Leslie made with this story especially developing Murph and Jason as friends before more. It added a layer of swoon and #feels for me that just made my heart want to burst! Their friendship was amazing and made for some truly funny scenes between them. The progression of the journey was mature, and I co
ML
Ugh

I wanted to like this book because MURPH! But sadly it was way too long, way too boring and had so much soft bigotry in it I was mostly annoyed as I read it.

I’m almost done and I remember why I never read MF anymore. The woman villain. Ugh,seriously Marnie. AND using the trope that he was tricked into being with men. Can you throw anymore bisexual stereotypes into one book. TERRIBLE.
ALSO..The fact that Jason needed to prove his gayness to Murph is also super cringy.

This book was not good.
Sharing The Book Love
Aug 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
Another great instalment in the Vino and Veritas world. We get Murph's story and it doesn't disappooinr.

I love coming out, gay realisation story's and this is a wonderfully written book.

Jason's oh my goddess :) moment with his sister is perfect.
Stacey
Aug 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
I Loved This Book! Undone by Leslie McAdam just grabbed me by the heart. Two very different but incredibly well written lead characters in Jason and Murph. They first meet when Murph moves into Jason’s apartment as his new “sight unseen” roommate. From the beginning, Jason feels like he is accepting of the very out there personality of Murph but constantly questions himself about his true feelings. You just want to shake him and say “The Perfect Person for you is right there!” Murph, due to a ba ...more
Reflections of a Swede
Aug 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, mm, sweet
*** 3.5 stars! ***

This book had all the potential.

First-time gay, Gay-For-You, Bi/Gay awakening. Whatever you want to call it, it’s without a doubt, my favourite MM trope. No contest.
And the story being part of Sarina Bowen’s True North universe? I was prepared for epic-ness.

The story started out perfectly with the sparkly and unapologetically out Murph moving in with the buttoned-up, and very straight, Jason.

Only, the very first time Jason – who’s most definitely not gay – lays eyes on Murph,
Karen
Aug 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
Oh my goddess, I loved it.

Murph is (sing it) fab-u-lous! He’s pink and sparkly and delicious. I love him and his effervescence. He is a happy soul. And I just love him from the top of his technicolour hair to the bottom of his glitter coated rainbow toenails. He is (sing it) spec-tac-ular.

Jason is a deep thinking, people pleaser. So bothered about other people and their feelings that he doesn’t give any time to his own.

What a match made in heaven. Oh my goddess, they really, really are. There m
Dev
Aug 14, 2021 rated it it was ok
Shelves: i-recomend

It was a solid 3.5 stars until the last 10% .. Well to be honest I removed 0.5 after that OTT drama at 80% ( Murph’s behavior mostly)
I almost dnfed at 92% .. the whole make up part threw me out of the story.

Full review to come. Now on to the bonus epilogue, although i kinda of lost interest in them but I like Jason so much to skip it 😁

Edit.. I changed my rating from 2.5 stars to 2. I just finished the bonus epilogue and what the fuck did I just read ??!! Why there’s a bonus epilogue already?
J
Jules
Feb 15, 2021 added it
Shelves: beta-alpha
Freaking cute and sigh. GOOD! Beta read.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Friendly Fire (Never Just Friends, #4)
  • Encore (Famous, #4)
  • Hope on the Rocks (Rainbow Cove #4)
  • Drilled (Four Bears Construction #7)
  • Firefly Lane (Briar County, #1)
  • Tapped by My Roommate (Thrust Into Love, #3)
  • Rules of Play (The Script Club, #2)
  • The Friendship Equation
  • Operation Meet Cute (Operation HEA #1)
  • Dear Mr. Brody (For Him, #3)
  • The Dating Experiment (Better With You, #2)
  • Delayed Game (Sugar Land Saints, #4)
  • Touchstone (Speakeasy Taproom #1)
  • Wildflower (Speakeasy Taproom #5)
  • Studfinder (Busy Bean, #5)
  • The End Zone (Atlanta Lightning, #2)
  • Hijacked (Licking Thicket: Horn of Glory #1)
  • Dare Me (Dare to Try, #2)
LGBT > Gay
See top shelves…
Leslie McAdam is a California girl who loves romance and well-defined abs. She lives in a drafty old farmhouse on a small orange tree farm in Southern California with her husband and two small children. Leslie's first published book, The Sun and the Moon, won a 2015 Watty, which is the world's largest online writing competition. She's gone on to receive additional literary awards and has been feat ...more

Vino & Veritas (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Featherbed (Vino & Veritas, #1)
  • Heartscape (Vino & Veritas, #2)
  • Headstrong (Vino & Veritas, #3)
  • Undercover (Vino & Veritas, #4)
  • Aftermath (Vino & Veritas, #5)
  • Booklover (Vino & Veritas, #6)
  • Flipcup (Vino & Veritas, #7)
  • Hideaway (Vino & Veritas, #8)
  • Turnabout (Vino & Veritas, #9)
  • Unguarded (Vino & Veritas #10)

News & Interviews

Mary Roach is a science author who specializes in the bizarre and offbeat. With a body of work ranging from deep-dives on the history of...
“Listen. When you get stellar advice, it's worth something." "What's your advice?" "Do whatever you want. It's your life, no one else's.” 0 likes