Start by marking “Bombshell (Whiskey Dolls #1)” as Want to Read:
Bombshell (Whiskey Dolls #1)

Bombshell (Whiskey Dolls #1)

Published 2021

To ask other readers questions about Bombshell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bombshell

Start your review of Bombshell (Whiskey Dolls #1)
Jessica Prince
May 04, 2021 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mine, my-books
1-CLICK this brand new small-town romance NOW

description
Jos
May 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

FLOVED this...Pierce and Marin were so damn sexy, cute and HAWT together!!!!! Why not 5 full stars...well I wanted more story or something a bit more "solid" with what happened with Frank and the evil mom oh AND the ending, I wanted MORE than I got lol!!!!!!

All in all GREAT read:)
Jenifer Briggs
May 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I get so excited whenever Jessica announces a new book, and I just couldn't wait to get my hands on this spin-off from the Hope Valley series, and it was just SO amazing! I loved everything about it! This book follows up some characters that were featured in "Playing For Keeps", though this can definitely be read as a standalone. :)

Our heroine is Marin, whom has dealt with some devastating blows in her last relationship, is still piecing her heart and her life back together. She's come to grips
Margo
Jun 01, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Raine
Jun 04, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mediocre

I usually love Jessica Prince books, but this one was just ok. I felt, in the end, she forgave him way to easily considering he behaved like a real jerk.
Dawn
May 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jessica Prince DOES IT AGAIN!!! Addicting. Easy to fall into. Romance goodness. Loved it! Must read romance from a must read author. Obsessed.
BookSmackedMel
May 09, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Facckkk yes, that's my reaction every time I get to dive into a Jessica Prince book. Because I know without fail that I will get to escape the day and dive into a story with characters that will capture my attention. It's exactly why I read.

Bombshell is a book one in a new spin off series from Prince and follows the lives of the girls from Whiskey Dolls, a burlesque club that we first got introduced to in her Hope Valley series. You absolutely do not need to read that to read Bombshell although
Nicole
4.5 Stars
This is the first book in the new Whiskey Dolls series. A spinoff from the Hope Valley series. I was so excited that this series was created especially after reading the last Hope Valley book. I was even more giddy after I found out that it was a single dad romance. I just loved little Eli. He was such a cutie! I loved Marin. She's such a great character and after what she went through she deserves a HEA. Though it's a little complicated when her ex's brother gives her the tingles. Pier
Love & Lavender Book Review
Why oh why did I ever stop reading Jessica Prince?!? Her books are like a seasoned whiskey, smooth and relish in the burn as it goes down. Her books dish some serious heat 🔥
Marin and Pierce lit my kindle on fire with their smoldering chemistry. Seriously though, that’s some hot shit 🔥

Pierce is a hot single dad, not looking for love ever again, but can’t help falling for his brother’s ex-girlfriend. Marin, a local burlesque dance, is pure fire. She’s witty, charming, spitfire and confident. A pe
SCBookAddict
May 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an addictive read! Once I started reading this, I could not put it down! The chemistry between Pierce and Marin was off the charts!

I love Marin and the bond she has with her sister, Tali and I loved that the author gave us a mini story on top of Pierce and Marin's story.

I always love a little sidekick or a clever older character thrown into the mix and Jessica Prince gave us BOTH in this story with Eli and Ms. Weatherby!

I'm so glad the author gave us this spin off series. These ladies
Amy
May 18, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2021, 4-5-stars
4.5 stars!
Fel (whatfelreads)
May 04, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-2021
i really really, really really enjoyed this one. the perfect amount of lighthearted but still emotional, learning & growing & the cutest little boy. basically my favorite from jessica yet!! whatttttta masterpiece.

i read an arc of this one :)
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Amazon US / Amazon Worldwide

Marin's cooking class isn't going well. Then she sees her asshole ex's brother in her class, and she's thrown and the class becomes even worse. She may have been irrationally attracted to him when she first met him all those years ago, but he shut her down quickly with his ice cold, rude behavior. He's not known as the Ice King for no reason. But when she actually finds herself speaking to him when their instructor pairs them together, yes, he seems cold as usual,
MiDouradoP
May 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I need more Whiskey Dolls already.

I've only finished the first book, but I'm already in love with this series.
Jessica Prince is a go-to author for me, whatever she writes, I read, and this book is the perfect example why.

I'm crazy for small town romance, I love enemies to lovers and I'm a sucker for single dads. And this book managed to bring me all that flawlessly.

Marin is so strong, so resilient. She is fierce yet sweet, a fighter yet vulnerable. She carries herself with confidence and grace d
Sarah Light
May 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-s
*Dancing in my chair happy*

The beautiful Ladies of The Whiskey Dolls have arrived! When I heard that JP was coming out with a spin off of the Hope Valley series, but with a similar small-town vibe, I was floored! I had high hopes for the series, and I was not disappointed, Bombshell was a great book to start this series off.

Marin Grey is too funny! She’s sassy, she’s flirty, she’s fun in the sun and down to Earth, she’s the girl everyone would want to be friends with. Well this Bombshell has swo
Cyle
May 11, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great story held in the small town of Hope Valley, this is a spinoff series that follows a character from the prior one. Readers don't need to read the prior book that introduced this character, but I would add, the reader would get a better idea of what this lead character went through.

Bombshell follows Marin, she is finally getting back on her feet and feeling free from her abusive ex, thanks to her friend and co-worker. She lives the simple but single life, she decides to get a handle
Fiona Fog
Simmering Chemistry

Another stellar read from Jessica. She has the ability to engage a reader with swoon worthy leading males and sassy, smart heroines.

When Pierce runs into Marin again he knows it’s going to be a losing battle to deny the attraction he feels for her. She was off limits before, his little brothers former girlfriend is still as beautiful as before and the desire he’d kept hidden for her is consuming.

Marin always thought Pierce hated her, so she’d stayed away from him while silen
Renee Entress
May 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, series, read-2021
5 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has pain, secrets, and heartbreak.

This is Marin and Pierce‘s story. Marin just got out of a bad relationship and is not looking to get into another one. She swore off men, but one-man Pierce her ex’s older brother has her thinking a lot of steamy thoughts. But he hates her for some reason. When he needs help with his son, she steps up to help out, but can she keep to her no men rule? After all, with them being near each other all the time the p
Susana
May 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic first book in the new Whiskey Dolls series. This is a spin-off to the Hope Valley series.
In Bombshell, we have Marin, who has not had the best of luck in relationships. We also meet Pierce who is a single father, lawyer, and brother to Marin’s ex-boyfriend.
Marin and Pierce had an immediate attraction when they first meet but couldn’t go anywhere since Marin was dating his brother and Pierce was still getting over the loss of his wife. Marin always thought Pierce hated her, when in real
Brandy Roberts
May 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh wow another amazing book by one of my all time favorite authors and this is the start of a new series that I'm so excited to read . This can be read as a standalone but this is in the Hope Vally series but can be read as a standalone I do recommend that you read that series because it is something you don't want to miss out on . Loved the characters and the plot I was hooked from the very first page I couldn't put my kindle down . The chemistry between the couple was of the charts hot and jus ...more
Island Girl Romance Reads
My Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

What a great start to a new series.
This series is a spin-off of The Hope Town series and love it so much.
This is a small town - enemies to lovers romance.
Marin and Pierce story was awesome. Love them so much.
Can’t wait to read more of this series.
Heather
May 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! What a start to this new whiskey dolls series! This was absolutely amazing! We first met Marin in Playing for keeps, she is a dancer at whiskey dolls with Charlotte. Marin was in a horrible relationship that she thankfully got out of.
Pierce was her ex boyfriends older brother that always acted so cold to her. When they keep running into eachother and Marin offers to be a babysitter for his son, sparks fly!
They both have reasons for not wanting to be together. Are these reasons valid will th
Susan
May 13, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like this spin-off from the Hope Valley series. After being introduced to Marin in Playing for Keeps, I wanted to see her get her HEA. I liked Pierce, too. Fun characters, fun book. Enjoyable read!
Sunny Shelly Reads
Ah! Bombshell was a GREAT series starter! The Whiskey Dolls series is a spinoff of Jessica Prince's Hope Valley series, and will focus on the dancers who work at the hip burlesque club. While this series takes place in the same small town and Marin was a side character in the HV book Playing For Keeps, Bombshell is a complete standalone. (Although, Marin's breakup with her abusive ex, Frank, plays out in Playing For Keeps, and since that book is also amazing, you should go read it!)

So, on to Mar
Franci Neill
5 She’s More than a Whiskey Doll Stars!!

I’ve been anxiously awaiting this spinoff series from the minute Ms. Prince announced she was starting a series centered around Whiskey Dolls which is a burlesque type club in Hope Valley. We had a brief but memorable introduction to Marin in Playing for Keeps and I knew when we got her book that it would be emotional but in a good way. Marin is definitely a fighter and in Bombshell she takes back her life.

Imagine her surprise though when the man she’s
Nightbird Novels
May 10, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
There is absolutely zero love lost when it comes to Marin Grey and her ex-boyfriends frosty brother, Pierce Walton. But now that Marin is a single woman, and finally shot of her abusive ex, the divide she once felt with Pierce is suddenly feeling inexplicably changed, and very, very intimate...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bombshell was a sexy and sweet, single father romance, with a dash of enemies to lovers drama thrown in! Marin and Pierce met each other when Marin was with her ex-boyfriend, w
Kahea
***5 Stars***

After meeting the Whiskey Dolls in Playing for Keeps, I was crossing my toes that we’d get to know them better and lo and behold...they are getting their own spinoff series from Hope Valley and I have to say this book did not disappoint. Not only did I end up loving Marin, Pierce and Eli, but also getting to know the Dolls better, which only has me wanting more.

I loved Marin and Pierce. Marin is feisty, sweet, funny and just an all around good person. She went through hell in he
Nathathida Atirekasâra
I want to introduce you to my latest book boyfriend, (drum roll) Pierce Walton! But first I have to say I really love Marin. When I first met her in the previous book, she was so fragile. But in this book, she is strong, smart, sexy, and funny as hell. And to tell you the truth, Pierce is funny too. Actually the story is funny with Pierce and Marin's inner thoughts (and sometime acts) because they are absolutely having crushes on each other but with Pierce's icy-cold behavior, Marin has a false ...more
Cheryl O'Harney
May 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hardcore fans of Jessica’s books, like myself will be familiar with the ‘Whiskey Dolls’ from Hope Valley, well Bombshell is the first book from the aptly named Whiskey Dolls series and if the others are on a par with this one it looks like we’re in for another amazing series.

Marin Grey has sworn off all men, after the disaster that was her previous relationship she’s now going solo, finding herself and some happiness whilst she’s at it. Taking some cookery classes sees her come face-to-face with
Melissa, Book Boyfriend and Husband Make Three
I have been looking forward to the start of this series since it was announced, and holy bejebus, Jessica Prince annihilated any preconceived notions I had about this series, it was EVERYTHING!

Marin is living the single life after a bad relationship, she’s not looking for love. I adored her immediately, she had a touch of sass, and a dash of awkward rambling moments, and even after everything she'd been through she didn’t let ruin her or her ability to have an open heart.

Pierce is a single fathe
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Born and raised around Houston, Jessica is a self proclaimed caffeine addict, connoisseur of inexpensive wine, and the worst driver in the state of Texas. In addition to being all of these things, she’s first and foremost a wife and mom.
Growing up, she shared her mom and grandmother’s love of reading. But where they leaned toward murder mysteries, Jessica was obsessed with all things romance.
Whe