Start by marking “Close Quarters” as Want to Read:
Close Quarters

Close Quarters

From bestselling author Kandi Steiner comes a fresh and captivating billionaire romance about a reserved photographer and the powerful CEO who has to have her...

My boyfriend’s billionaire boss always gets what he wants.⁣

Menacingly handsome and unquestionably powerful, Theo Whitman need only snap his fingers to have a flock of supermodels fall at his feet. So when his ste
Published February 18th 2021 by Independently published

To ask other readers questions about Close Quarters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Close Quarters

Start your review of Close Quarters
Christy
Feb 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2021-four-stars

001(29)

There are few authors that can really bring the angst, and Kandi Steiner is one of them. She brought it hard in this one! I think I bit off most all my nails the first half of this book, but I was completely immersed into the story and couldn’t wait to see what would happen.

Aspen is a recent college graduate who plans on spending the summer traveling to different countries and honing her photography. She’s excited to explore. While saying goodbye to her long time boyfriend, she m
Chelsea Humphrey
"They say love is blind, and in most cases, I imagine that means you look past the faults of those you love-how they leave the cap off the toothpaste or throw their dirty clothes on the floor-or perhaps past your own inhibition telling you that maybe you could do better, that maybe you deserve more. In this case, it meant death."

It's been 24 hours since I finished this book, and subsequently the bonus scene from Kandi's website, and I cannot get this story or these characters out of my head. Ini
Kandi Steiner
Feb 01, 2021 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
𝐌𝐲 𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝'𝐬 𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐬𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐬.⁣
𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞, 𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐦𝐞.⁣

NOW LIVE and available in Kindle Unlimited!

Read now! 👉 https://geni.us/CloseQuarters

What's inside?
✅ Billionaire Romance
✅ Yachting in the Mediterranean
✅ Love the show "Below Deck"? You'll love this!
✅ Age gap
✅ Angst fest (he's her boyfriend's boss -- yikes!)
✅ Photography
✅ Travel (Spain, France, Italy, Greece... sigh!)

★★★★★ "Kandi Steiner takes you on one hell of a journey in Close Quarters. I absolutely loved
 ♡tanaz♡
✨2.5 stars✨
This one was just okay, Aspen was kinda annoying at times and her connection with Theo was way too insta-lusty for me to truly appreciate them as a couple, I didn't fully ship them. I think ever since reading A Love Letter to Whiskey, no other book by this author has matched up :/

Plus as shitty as your mans is, I didn't like the way Aspen was basically cheating on her bf as soon as she fckin met Theo, where was my slowburn?? I think the standard of books being published by established
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
20210216-220645

Kandi Steiner gave us a swoon worthy, angsty,billionaire, envious trip of of a lifetime that was all wrapped up into this story. The setting was gorgeous, you wanted to know more about the characters, and you had this feeling that something big was going to happen.

Aspen has always been a no fuss simple girl. The only that she needs for the summer is to spend time with her long time boyfriend and have her camera. When she gets an offer to do just that and to explore all of Europe, everything
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Feb 16, 2021 rated it really liked it
I devoured this book in ONE SITTING! I couldn’t STOP READING! Utterly addictive! Slightly angsty, a slow burn, definitely deliciously sexy with some light suspense!!!!! I FREAKING LOVED IT!

*this arc was provided by the author!!!!!!
ApoorvaReads
4.5 stars ⭐️
My feelings pretty much summed up-
1. Crying
2. Crying because i won’t get a guy like Theo.
3. Crying because Kandi killed me with this book.
4. Crying because i miss travelling.
5. Crying because this book finished.

“You, Aspen Dawn, are different in every possible way. You have ignited a spark in me that no one else ever has, or ever could. I desire you for my own more than I desire anything”

If there’s one thing which I’m sure about when it comes to Kandi, it is the fact that she knows
Corinne
6 "bringing all the feels" stars

Just finished reading Close Quarters and it will definitely go in my Top Reads of 2021.
I couldn't put this angsty and romantic book down. I haven't obsessed over a book like this in a long time. I loved everything about it: the character development, the storyline, the flawless writing, the elements of suspense.
Was the plot predictable? Sure. But I inhaled this book like a thirsty person in the desert cause the feels... oh, the feels.
Theo is the most amazing book
Nova B
Feb 18, 2021 rated it it was ok
Sometimes I watch below deck with my lovey and when I started this one it had the same vibes but my goodness this was boring. Like nothing happens for half the book. She’s bland and we only get her POV so that doesn’t help. Theo is no better. I got to like 75% and had to skip till the end and guess what an engagement that’s all. 🤣 well I’ve tried enough times now to move on from this writer. Her stuff is just not for me.

Jan
Feb 25, 2021 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ku, insta-love
Two extremely flat characters and a very boring and cheesy plot.
The insta-love was badly unreal.
2 stars just because I finished it.

The Romantic Rush Blog
Feb 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A swoony billionaire, European vistas, complicated and angsty feelings, and forbidden, stolen moments on a priceless yacht- could it get anymore romantic?! From the shocking prologue to the quietly intense moments and subtle suspense that follows, I was completely consumed. Emotionally angsty, complicated, sweepingly romantic, and intensely riveting- I've not read anything like this from Kandi Steiner before, and I could not put it down!

The premise of this story may make a few bristle- since ou
martina
Feb 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

"But trust me when I say it is a privilege to be around you, to soak up the sun you provide,” he said with a smile. “And unlike him, I will cherish every moment that I have you.”

Kandi Steiner. I have no words; this book was amazing, and I am so impressed with the words that were written.

Close Quarters, follows our heroine Aspen as she embarks on a new adventure with her longtime boyfriend only to find her adventure will be taken a different turn. When her boyfriend, Joel, gets a job on
Jeeves Reads Romance
Feb 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Angsty and intense with the kind of addictive storyline that keeps you turning the pages, this was a devourable read. On paper, it sounds like the kind of romance that I’d hate - if you felt the complicated, possibly cheating, vibes coming from that blurb, you haven’t missed the mark. But it’s executed in such a way that I was entranced by and engaged in the story, rather than enraged by it. I loved the chemistry between these two, the twisty romance, the complications, and the vacation feel. It ...more
booksara
Feb 25, 2021 rated it liked it
‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾☆ 3 stars ☆☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

hmmm, this was a me issue. I can’t with cheating tropes and still went ahead and read this. Im trying to read out of my comfort zone, but I think this trope in particular will never be something I like. With that said, this still wasn’t the best.

Aspen
She cried a lot. Wasn’t my favorite person. She admitted that what she was doing was cheating, but then went back to “nothing happened” which was true, but girlie... something happened in your heart. The first half of th
Vanessa (nessreads)
Feb 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Kandi definitely knows how to bring it. It’s like she knew this was the exact escape I needed. I was whisked away and at no point did I want my feet to touch the ground.

That prologue though.... it sunk its claws in me and I was hooked. I was left on the edge of my seat wondering what happened to get to that point.

I was transported and felt as if I was right along Aspen experiencing everything she was. I was in-tune with her feelings and that only made me an emotional mess. I sympathized with her
Jenifer Briggs
Feb 20, 2021 rated it liked it
I really struggled with this book. I love Kandi Steiner so much, and after that amazing prologue I felt like I was going to be glued to my kindle.. But the sorry itself was *so* slow that I had to force myself to keep reading. I'm glad I did because the last 20% was amazing, but it took so long for me to feel something.

Aspen and Theo started off with an almost Insta-love feel, even though she has a boyfriend in the beginning (a douchey, worthless boyfriend, but still) they have an immediate att
Chelé-----4 The Love of Books
I have been reading Kandi for YEARS so I feel comfortable saying that there's just something different about Close Quarters! I don't know if Kandi was in another head space or what but this is definitely a favorite from her. You can tell so much heart, love and research went into this book, from the smallest of details to the way she weaved even the most delicate of lines together is perfection!

When I signed up for this ARC I went in thinking this would be a totally different experience and I w
mila
Feb 18, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4.5 | This book in three words; 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐬𝐭, 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 and 𝐬𝐮𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐞.

“You are the voice I’ve always been afraid to have.” Theo held me closer. “And you are the life I’ve been waiting to live.”

Aspen Dawn is only beginning to discover the world through the lens of her camera. Theo Withman is a billionaire who apparently has everything, until he meets Aspen, quickly falling for her charm and shy nature.

A summer together on Theo's yacht seems to bring them closer and closer, but Aspen's boyfrie
Natasha
Feb 20, 2021 rated it it was ok
I just didn't like that the h was in a relationship with other guy for like the half of the book while developing feeling for the H. Also she was so bland and boring and I couldn't connect with her at all.

*TW cheating- They kissed and he finger fuc*ed her while she was STILL with her boyfriend.
Natasha Madison
Feb 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Hot new billionaire romance from Kandi Steiner! Close Quarters is a slow burn with some major Below Deck vibes. Readers are calling it "sinfully angsty, passionate, and emotionally charged." Grab your copy today! ...more
Shades of Rebecca
Feb 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I have once again pulled an all-nighter for Kandi's book. This book got me hooked up right from the prologue. She nailed it with a perfect beginning and escalated the story into mind-blowing climax. If you are worried that you won't like it because love triangles are not your thing - this is not your typical love triangle where the woman can't chose between two love interests. Close Quarters was slightly over the top in some aspects but hey, after what have been through in the last year, we all ...more
ReadingTilTheBreakOfDawn
Feb 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
"We're all the center of our own universes. We're told not to be selfish, not to put ourselves first, but if not us, then who?"

Close Quarters is Kandi Steiner at her best!
The angst. The sizzling sexual tension. Characters you will love AND hate. The visual scenery. The words that absolutely devour our beings. Theo. Enough said!

Well, well, well. First, I'll say that I'm not a huge fan of billionaire romance. You're going to have to do something different or sweep me off my damn feet in some sort
Booksandprime
Feb 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
Dee Lagasse
Jan 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The Queen of Angst strikes again.

Close Quarters is a steamy romantic Mediterranean getaway in the guise of a novel. Readers looking for an escape will relish in Steiner’s latest!
Weronika -  Little Steamy Reads
„I am living now. Truly living. And it’s all because of you.”

Kandi Steiner strikes again with a story that will put your heart through the grinder! Close Quarters was simply amazing- sinfully angsty, passionate and emotionally charged. It’s one of those books that will make you squirm in your seat, reliving this delicious and somewhat forbidden romance together with the main characters. I couldn’t put this story down!

Let me start by saying that Kandi did a brilliant job with the setting of t
Gabby (Bibliogabby)
Oh, how I missed Kandi's writing! It's been a while since I read one of her books and Close Quarters reminded me of why I love Kandi’s stories – the angst, the drama and Kandi's almost poetic writing are the perfect combo. This story was so easy to get into, it grabbed my attention from the start and I did not want to put it down. The characters and the beautiful Mediterranean setting were truly special!

When Aspen is unexpectedly invited to join the crew of a billionaire's yacht for the summer,
Brooke — brooklynnnnereads

Before I get into my review and thoughts for this novel, I do have a disclaimer. There’s a certain trope/plot point that is included in this novel that I have difficulty getting behind no matter the circumstance. As it’s a spoiler, I don’t want to explain what the trope/plot point is but if you read the novel, you’ll probably be able to identify the issue. It’s one of those controversial areas that some people are okay with and some people are not, even just reading it in fiction. If it
Shelby
Recent college graduate and aspiring photographer, Aspen has plans to travel Europe while her college boyfriend, Joel is a crew member on board a luxury yacht belonging to a business mogul & billionaire. Before their departure, she comes on board and captures the photograph of the most handsome man she’s ever seen who, unbeknownst to Aspen, is the owner of the yacht—Theo.

Aspen gets invited by Theo to spend the summer on board where she can build up her portfolio while doing photography here and
BookishStacy
Feb 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Favorite!

I am in love! This is honestly my favorite Kandi Steiner book to date. I devoured it in one day and loved every minute. So good!
K. Bromberg
Hot new billionaire romance from Kandi Steiner! This one is a slow burn with that classic Kandi angst and some major Below Deck vibes. Grab your copy now!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Eastern Lights (Compass, #2)
  • When We Met  (Moments in Boston, #2)
  • Call Me Crazy (Bellamy Creek, #3)
  • Like You Love Me (Honey Creek #1)
  • The Silent Waters (Elements, #3)
  • Torn (All Torn Up, #1)
  • Fighting For You (The Callahans, #5)
  • Woman on Fire
  • My Burning depths vol 3
  • Bloom
  • Don't Kiss the Bride
  • Hard to Score
  • An Offer From a Gentleman (Bridgertons, #3)
  • The Kiss (Playboy Pact #1)
  • To Sir Phillip, With Love (Bridgertons, #5)
  • Not My Match (The Game Changers, #2)
  • Return to Us
  • Romancing Mister Bridgerton (Bridgertons, #4)
Kandi Steiner is a bestselling author and whiskey connoisseur living in Tampa, FL. Best known for writing “emotional rollercoaster” stories, she loves bringing flawed characters to life and writing about real, raw romance — in all its forms. No two Kandi Steiner books are the same, and if you’re a lover of angsty, emotional, and inspirational reads, she’s your gal.

An alumna of the University of Ce