Start by marking “Swarm Magic (Empire of War & Wings #4)” as Want to Read:
Swarm Magic (Empire of War & Wings #4)

Swarm Magic

(Empire of War and Wings #4)

CAN ANYTHING SAVE HER CLOSEST ALLY?
Aella has gathered the resources the revolution needs and performed miracles with her bee magic that no one ever expected were possible. But now her closest ally’s future hangs in the balance and only her bees can save him.
With the entire army of the Empire hunting her down determined to drag her back to the crown prince, time is running
Published November 17th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Swarm Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Swarm Magic

Start your review of Swarm Magic (Empire of War & Wings #4)
Stephanie
    Aella is on the run with an injured Osprey in tow from the fires of an early revolution and the bond that ties her to Juste Montpetit against her will. Her strength is flagging, though, and she will have to trust a stranger to help her reach safety where a joyous surprise awaits her. But even in safety danger lurks, waiting to strike, and Aella’s fate and future is becoming even more bound as deadly plots are put into motion. She will have to be more relentless than ever before if she is to ...more
Lana
Nov 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Aella has kidnapped Osprey, her only ally, and is fleeing with him whilst he is unconscious and in danger of dying. She is using her bees to remove the entanglement which binds Osprey to Juste Le Majest, the cruel Prince and his half brother. She fears for both their lives as they are hounded by the empire's wings and claws, and she fears if found she will be returned to Juste who claimed her as his wife, marrying her in absentia. Aella has committed her all to the revolution and has put not onl ...more
Joanna Bennett
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to the author for an earc in exchange for an honest review!

I was definitely excited to get the next installment in this series. Each book has ended on a cliffhanger and has left me wanting more. This book was no different and honestly, probably my favorite out of the series.

One of my favorite things about Aella is her love for her family. She would do anything for them. Over the course of the books we have seen glimpses of them together and in this one we get a lot more. Her family is
Diane
Nov 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Swarm Magic, book 4 of the Empire of War and Wings, begins with Aella trying to escape the Crown Prince, Juste Monpetit. She has Osprey as a hostage, but with her bee working on freeing Osprey from the compulsion to obey the Crown Prince, he is weak, in pain and helpless. Aella herself bears the mark of the Crown Prince who married her in absentia and against her will. Aella’s prayers are answered when she is found by a member of the Single Wing who takes her and Osprey to a place of comparative ...more
Topsues
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG Arella ! How can so much happen to one person in such a short amount of time !! Osprey spends his time on the brink of death as her bee try’s to repair the damage that befell him by her hand. Finally as she flee’s she finds all the joy and peace she had desperately been searching for, but even that was short lived as them and the whole of the Sing Wing Revolution was betrayed ! Honestly this is another jam packed nail biting action addition to the series and I can’t wait for the final book i ...more
Amanda Sagen
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Aella of House Shrike continues her nightmare journey for freedom against the winged empire and Le Majest Juste in this fourth book of the series, with all the gutsy determination she has shown in the previous books.
Life has never been easy for those of the Farshores, and now its becoming harder with every minute of every day that passes as Juste continues to make his play for dominion over the empire, alongside the barbarians of the snakes.
Aella and Osprey begin this part of the story together
Richard Goodrum
Nov 19, 2020 rated it liked it
The story opens grimly but, in the middle, for a time, a few delightful scenes unfold. Passed that the emotions run high in this story. Failure is heaped upon failure. Evil dominates and I can find no respite. For me, this was a very challenging story to read. Once again, the story does not end well. I can only hope and pray that the story will be worth the emotional pain involved in it.

Action-packed. Entertaining. Haunting. Scary. Tragic. Twisted. Unpredictable. Wonderful characters.

I received
Kathy
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This series just gets better and better. There is so much going on that it makes the mind spin. Aella managed to escape with Osprey bound and blindfolded (by his request) and they eventually made their way to relative safety. Unfortunately there was a traitor in their midst. but no-one would believe her when she told them. The Single Wing start their rebellion, but without knowledge of what was coming. The traitor delvers her to her "husband" and this starts another unexpected prophecy. One that ...more
Wanda Jewell
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Aella is doing her best to help her people and her family. La Majest has married her against her will and the magic connects them. Osprey loves her, yet he is tied by magic to protect La Majest. Both are doing their best to stay alive and to free their people from the oppression of La Majest. This is a sweeping story about love, insanity, magic and war. I thought it was an excellent book. I loved the characters and the story. Wilson never disappoints when it comes to the characters and the story ...more
Nance
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Swarm Magic is book four in the Empire of War & Wings series. Aella once again is fleeing for her life from her now husband, Le Majest. She flees with Osprey and they run till they find some allies. This book is filled with prophecies, allies and traitors. For Aella her bees are her heart and hope and with prayers she gives them strength. Will Aella be able to free the one she loves?
She is Aella of House Shrike and no matter what comes next she will be relentless.
I received an e-ARC for an hone
Christinaraven
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Aella and her bees are back for a tale that was full of danger, running for safety, betrayal, and fighting for her loved ones. The series just gets better and more insane as Aella and her bees defy the odds and keep on surviving. I was glued to the end to see what Aella would survive this time and who would end up betraying and help her in the end. Plus I kept my fingers crossed she would really help rescue Osprey completely this time. I loved to hate Juste as always while I loved Aella and the ...more
Denise Allen
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Still loving this series with this installment! Aella continues to struggle for her love of Osprey, trying to save him, helping the people to fight against the King's rule, and fighting her own battle for independence from the evil prince. This time, her family comes into the story of the revolution, and she has to help protect and work with them. Who can she trust in all this? What's the right way into battle? What is happening to those she loves? So many questions and many to be answered in bo ...more
The Mysterious Reader
Nov 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If ever a publisher’s description was correct it’s the description given for Sarah K.L. Wilson’s Empire of War and Wings series as a dramatic, fast-paced, epic with tantalizing magic and sweet romance. That’s certainly the case with book 4, Swarm Magic. Aella’s story just gets more layered and complex while staying exciting and fun. A pretty hard trick to pull off yet it’s done perfectly in this series. Fans of the first three books are guaranteed to love this mew edition. For newcomers I highly ...more
Phthon
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh I need the next book NOW! I can’t believe what Aella can do with her bees. I couldn’t put this book down, it seems that the Single Wing careens from one tragedy and betrayal to another. I am curious as to what General Victoire sees in his prophecies. I wonder how Aella is going to be the savior that was prophesied about. I wonder how she is going to get out of her situation. I loved this book and I really love this series! It has such original world building and original magic. Phenomenal!
LooseBoots
Nov 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The story is gaining momentum in Aella’s quest . This is an exciting fantasy story that gets better with each book in the series. Much fun was made of Aella’s bees at the beginning, but not now. Osprey and her family are heavily involved in this episode and Forbidding is still a major problem but with a twist.

Tension mounts and we can but hope all will be revealed in book 5.

Well worth a read though.
Joanne Hampton
Nov 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This books "beeing" a great storytelling phenomenon! Each chapter just whets your appetite for more. Allea is still in trouble with Le Majest whom she has to be married but is fighting it like crazy. Allea's bees help her to see what's is happening elsewhere. The peop!e are fighting the Winged Empire but they could care less for the common people. An unusual and exceptional story writing! I can't wait for the "beeing" story next.
Crystal
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This series just keeps giving. Aella decided to kidnap Osprey and find a way to free him. They are on the run and in so much danger of being caught, but she won't let him go with out freeing him. Reunited with friends and family, the war is about to explode into action. I couldn't put this book down and read it over the afternoon. I can't wait to see how this wraps up in the next book.
Lj
Nov 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This book has as much adventure as the others in the series and it sees quite a few more twists and turns. Both Aella and Le Majest work their way closer to their ultimate (and very much opposing) goals setting things up for what is sure to be a powerful showdown in the fifth and final book.
Ann O'Nymos
Nov 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, freda
This book was so good.
It's good to see Aella and her family. They have such a strong bond and it seems they can overcome every obstacle, nothing can come in their way. But oh, LeMajest is so evil, delusional even, as we learn near the end. And in the end again, all seems lost. But there is hope, the forbidden, the prophecies, it will be revealed... In the next and last book!! I can't wait!!
Mary T
Shelves: epic-fantasy
Terrific!
Aelia and her bees have a rough ride in this book. Juste has brought her to her knees after an unrelenting persuit and the loss of many lives. The crowning of Aelia and Juste brings this book to an end.
I received this book as an ARC and couldn't put it down. I hope the last book will be as great as all the previous ones.
Silver Surfer
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So book four in the series and what a series it is, cannot wait for what will be the thrilling conclusion. Aella’s up against it again. What does this author have in store for us in the final book I wonder, if it’s anything like the other four it’s going to be fantastic ending. Read it in one go, couldn’t put it down. Highly recommended.
Amber  Christiansen
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book continues Aella's story. It's fast-paced and intense. I feel a bit emotionally wrung out from all the feels I got while reading this book. I can't wait to read the final book and see how this all ends.
Jen
Nov 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This series just keeps getting better and better! This book was so exciting and fast paced, you hardly have a second to breathe! And that ending!! I'm dying here, I need to know! I can't wait for book 5, the series finale!!
Debbie Eyre
Nov 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a great YA series. It’s exciting and action packed and so gripping and full of suspense that I get totally lost in the story. There are some twists and turns I did not see coming and the characters are just incredible as is the world building! I look forward to reading more!
Andrea Kidder
Nov 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Awesome story

Non stop excitement and energy propels the fourth installment of this series. The heroine troubles keep getting bigger. Will she ever escape Le Majeste?
Doreen Tuell
Nov 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic series!!

I loved this story of magic and madness, bees and snakes, birds and Forbidding, honor and treachery. I can't wait until the next book is available! Enjoy!!
Maurice Jones
Nov 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great story..Great series!
Shannon
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Aella and her bees are back in a book that somehow manages to be even more intense than the previous ones. It is full of action and unexpected twists and keeps you enthralled until the end.
Michelle Wilson
Shelves: indie-favorites
Just when I think Wilson can't get me any more wrapped up in these characters than I already am she surprises me. The fourth book of this series has all the intensity and action of the first three books with the addition of moments of joy and sweetness that just makes you want to hug so many of these characters and protect them at all costs. I'm dying of anticipation for the fifth and final book in this series.
Barbara Salfelder
Nov 20, 2020

• The Dragon Twins (Dark World: The Dragon Twins Book 1)
  • Magical Midlife Invasion (Leveling Up, #3)
  • The Princess In The Tower (The Hard Blokes Of Sparta #1)
  • Crown of Danger (The Hidden Mage, #2)
  • The Fairy's Tale (The Pathways Tree, #1)
  • Imortal Magic: The New York Shade #3
  • The Archived (The Archived, #1)
  • Imhotep (Imhotep #1)
  • The Last Airship (Sam Reilly #1)
  • The Captive (Emerge, #3)
  • The Risen Shard (The Chain Breaker #1)
  • Graves: A Tale of the Little Mermaid (HighTower Fairytales: The Little Mermaid, #2)
  • Wings (Bromeliad Trilogy, #3)
  • Princess of Mermaids (Fairy Tale Adventures, #3)
  • Diggers (Bromeliad Trilogy, #2)
  • The Faceless Mage (Legends of Abreia, #1)
  • The Rose Witch (The Coven saga, #1)
  • Stolen Magic (The New York Shade, #2)
USA Today bestselling author, Sarah K. L. Wilson loves spinning a yarn and if it paints a magical new world, twists something old into something reborn, or makes your heart pound with excitement ... all the better! Sarah hails from the rocky Canadian Shield in Northern Ontario -
learning patience and tenacity from the long months of icy cold - where she lives with her husband and two small boys. Yo

Empire of War and Wings (4 books)
  • Sting Magic (Empire of War and Wings #1)
  • Hive Magic  (Empire of War and Wings #2)
  • Wing Magic (Empire of War and Wings #3)

News & Interviews