Start by marking “Baking Me Crazy (Love at First Sight, #1)” as Want to Read:
Baking Me Crazy (Love at First Sight, #1)

Baking Me Crazy

(Love at First Sight #1)

Life lessons from Levi Buchanan: If you’re going to fall in love with your best friend, make sure you have the patience of a freaking saint.

Levi knew Jocelyn Abernathy was The One the day he met her and she kicked his butt on the basketball court. He also knew she wanted nothing to do with romance, and for very good reasons. So what did he do? He was the best friend she ne
Kindle Edition, 2nd Edition, 258 pages
Published October 2020 by Smartypants Romance (first published October 8th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Baking Me Crazy, please sign up.
Regi Sullivan From her website: "Don’t you worry... Baking Me Crazy, the first book in the Donner Bakery series, is kicking off ANOTHER family series that I’ll be w…moreFrom her website: "Don’t you worry... Baking Me Crazy, the first book in the Donner Bakery series, is kicking off ANOTHER family series that I’ll be writing for Penny Reid’s Smartypants Romance!!!! It takes place in Green Valley, the home of her Winston Brothers series, and it will follow members of the Buchanan family (who we meet in Baking Me Crazy!). Navigating a generational love curse is NO picnic, you guys. And I can’t wait for you to join me on their journey. "(less)
Jen Yeah, think there was a small snafu there... I noticed it when I initially read the book and thought I missed something, then listened to the audio bo…moreYeah, think there was a small snafu there... I noticed it when I initially read the book and thought I missed something, then listened to the audio book before reading Batter of Witts and noticed it again.(less)

Start your review of Baking Me Crazy (Love at First Sight, #1)
Penny Reid
Jul 25, 2019 marked it as to-read

** FREE BOOK **
AHHH! BAKING ME CRAZY by Karla Sorensen, is FREE! Grab it on Amazon for a VERY limited time. You don't want to miss this, go forth and READ <3

** LINKS **
Amazon US: https://amzn.to/33R7pqL
Amazon UK:https://amzn.to/31DvH67
Amazon CA: https://amzn.to/2MCwBLY
Amazon AU: https://amzn.to/2P6Trgm

** BLURB **
I’m Levi Buchanan, and until five years ago, I thought the legend of my family’s curse was a load of crazy, Southern nonsense.

No curse can make you fall in love at first sight. No curse
Christy
4 stars

photo 325997F5-7BF4-42A4-8A64-8C6FCAD8D063_zpsswztcamt.jpg

Baking Me Crazy is my first book by Karla Sorensen and I enjoyed it so much. I love that it’s written in Penny Reid’s Green Valley World and Levi & Joss were such great characters. Their friends to lovers romance was a joy to read.

Levi Buchanan comes from a family that’s cursed. It’s a love curse and when you meet the one, you fall in love at first site. Levi never believed the curse to be true…until he laid eyes on Jocelyn Abernathy and fell hard.

Jocelyn was going through a lot wh
Jen
4 Stars!

"Levi Buchanan," I said. "It's nice to meet you, Joss."
Then, then she gave me a real smile—white teeth, pink lips, tiny dimple on the right side—and I never, ever got my heart back.

When Levi first met Joss as one of the coaches of her wheelchair basketball league, it was lights out, head over heels in love time. He didn’t care that she was sixteen and two years younger than him, he just knew the girl with the crazy curly hair and the snarky attitude was meant to be his. Fate can be a cr
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
5 stars

I adored Baking Me Crazy, I loved the romance so much!It is a friends to lovers romance which is set in the same universe as Penny Reid's Winston Brother Series.It was fast pace,heartwarming and sweet romance!

description

I'm in love with Levi and Joss.Their romance is sweet and cute.I loved their moments together and I have butterflies in my stomach with these two.I seriously couldn't get enough of them!

If you are looking for a swooning romance Levi and Joss are the perfect couple!

DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

Joy's face morphed. Gone was the sweet, ebullient young woman who'd been my co-worker for the past couple of hours. Gone was the happiest person in the world. In her place was determined, scheming Joy. She narrowed her eyes, and I actually sat back in my chair from the force of it.

"There's a wild dog sitting outside." Her voice was shaky, but her eyes were unflinching. The skin around them was wrinkled and translucent, spotted with age. "Oh, that's my dog.”… "He looks scary." I s
preoccupiedbybooks
This was cute but a little bit boring, with a lack of romantic/sexual tension. I liked the main characters, and it was interesting reading about Joss's reality of living with a disability, but ultimately it was predictable.

-------------------------------------
This is free on Kindle and seems cute 🤞🤞
Adriana Locke
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm in that stage right now where life is cozy and wonderful. You know what I mean. It's called bliss—the happy sigh after you read something amazing.
Baking Me Crazy is ... well, what is it not? It's beautiful. It's thoughtful. It's so well-written that I'm jealous of Sorensen's pen. (Or fingers if I assume she typed this book. Anyway ...)
Each word was written with care. You can tell. This isn't a story strung together haphazardly while the author noshed on candy. I imagine her curled up on th
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 stars!

Baking Me Crazy is the story of Levi and Joss. Levi’s family has a curse, one that makes them fall in love at first sight. Five years ago Levi met Jocelyn and knew she was the one, but she wasn’t ready for a relationship and they became friends. Now when a handsome stranger makes some moves on Jocelyn, Levi realizes it’s time to make his move, or lose her forever.

I went into this book blind, with an open mind and it really paid off. I was skeptical about books written in Penny Reid’s u
Smartypants Romance

★★ FREE BOOK ★★
“This is a story filled with heart. It’s a journey so different from anything you’ve ever read in the very best way that I promise you it’s unforgettable. This one will stay with you.” USA Today bestselling author, Adriana Locke

We have exciting news, y’all! You can grab ‘Baking Me Crazy’ by Karla Sorensen for the low low price of zero dollars…for a short while. If you haven’t started the funny, heartwarming ‘Love at First Sight’ series, now is your chance! No Kindle Unlimited requ
maggieandteddy
I love Levi and Joss. I love this book.
This is the first book in the Smartypants spin off books (this one is from the Winston Bros' series).
I think that this can be a standalone book. There are a couple of very brief appearances from previous books. I really enjoyed Karla Sorensen's writing. I plan to read more of her books.
I love that Joss wasn't portrayed as a martyr or that she felt sorry for herself. Joss is still young but is determined to get on a path to do great things with what she has
Korrie’s Korner
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
5 Brilliant Sonic stars for Baking Me Crazy!

"Patience is a virtue, Levi Buchanan." "And a virtue never hurt you..” My heart is a jumbled up mess of feels. This was absolutely the most perfect, slow burn best friends to lovers story that I’ve read in a long time. First of all, to be instantly teleported into Green Valley is always where I want to be. Donner’s bakery, and seeing Jennifer, Cletus and a couple new characters was simply fantastic.

Karla outdid herself with this story. The way she word
Kat
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
LOVED this book. Adorable voice. Great chemistry between the friends-to-lovers couple. Wonderful strong representation of a disabled character in a wheelchair in a romantic relationship. Joss got a virus when she was 14, and when it spread to her spine, loss sensation in her legs. Her best friend Levi fell in love with her the moment her saw her, but she wasn’t ready for a relationship back then. Years later, they’re still besties, but when another guy comes on the scene, does that change things ...more
Becky
The good:

-I liked that the heroine is in a wheelchair, and it’s generally not told in a soap opera kind of way. She’s just trying to live her life like anybody else.

-Ummm...once they finally get together, Levi and Joss were cute.

The bad:

-This was really boring. Was there a plot?

-Levi’s supposed pining over Joss made no sense. He knew immediately that she was it for him, yet he kept dating other women. (It was unclear if he was also sleeping with them.) This strikes me as unfair both to his suppo
Sharon
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2-stars
Love the style, love the vibe, love Levi’s family, but not my cup of tea. However, I do have to give props on the representation of Transverse Myelitis – which quite frankly, I didn’t know anything about before, so I appreciate this book for opening my eyes.

In general, I like Joss’ character and learning her POV on having this disability. I also love that she’s introverted, sassy, and competitive.

Levi is nice, and a good best friend, but I did not like the romance. I really hate the friends-to
Lana لانا  (Bibliomedico)
Check Out My full Review On The blog : https://bibliomedico.wordpress.com/20...
**************************
ARC provided by the publisher & Social Butterfly PR , Thanks for giving me the opportunity to read the book.
**************************
" Then ... Then she gave me a real smile - White teeth , Pink lips , Tiny dimple on the right side - and I never .. Ever got my heart back "

WOW ! Did I just Read all this Perfection ??!!

When I read the news of The Smarty Pants Romance new books from
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
I love love love this book! The sweetness was perfection. A really good friends to lovers romance with those tender, achy, heartwarming feels that leave you giddy! I more than adored it and I just felt like Levi and Joss were everything!
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
3.5-4 stars! This was my first Karla Sorensen book and I really enjoyed it. I’ll have to read more of her! This one is friends to lovers with disability rep.
lazybookconqueror
This book is just like a slice of Triple Chocolate Cake - comforting and oh so sweet.

Levi Buchanan didn't think that his family's ''curse'' to fall madly in all-consuming love only once in their lives was real - until he met Jocelyn Abernathy.

description

Jocelyn or Joss as she likes to be called wasn't having a great time when Levi saw her for the first time and asked her out on a date. She was still recovering from the consequences of Transverse Myelitis, an inflammation to the spinal cord that led her to
Wendy'sThoughts
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Kara Sorensen Fans, Smartypants Romance, Romance
4 A Solid Beginning Stars
* * * * A Wonderful Start to the new Smartypants Romance Publishing Group. This entry tackles real-life issues with the flavor of Reid's special sauce, interpreted masterfully by Karla Sorensen. I foresee many, many winners from this new writing group.

Baking Me Crazy (Donner Bakery #1) by Karla Sorensen Baking Me Crazy (Donner Bakery #1)
Stud Muffin (Donner Bakery, #2) by Jiffy Kate Stud Muffin (Donner Bakery #2)
No Whisk No Reward (Donner Bakery, #1) by Ellie Kay No Whisk No Reward(Donner Bakery #3)
Rachel
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

This was such an enjoyable read. The characters are well written, likeable and down to earth. Joss and Levi’s heartwarming story felt authentic and it had the perfect recipe for the makings of a delightfully entertaining romantic comedy: it was sweet, sexy and fun, with a smidge of angst thrown in for good measure.

This was my first Karla Sorensen read, but it certainly won’t be my last!

***ARC generously provided by Social Butterfly in exchange for an honest review***

#BakingMeCrazy
Syndi
Sep 13, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked up this book due to high positive vibe for Penny Reid's books. I also familiar with Miss Sorensen's work. Her last book is Focused, which I like.

Baking Me Crazy is, sadly, boring. To me it is more clean romance. I guess my problem is connecting with the push and pull between Levi and Joss. Levi waited for 5 years before he made a move to Joss.

I need some reason or plot why they can not move their romance faster. Somethibg angsty, dramatic, suspense, swoony wothy courting will also hel
Christy
3.5 Stars. I loved the perfect Southern voices used in the Audio version. This was a sweet friends to lovers romance. The characters of Jocelyn and Levi were so awesome and well developed. I especially loved how the heroine of this story was completely different than the norm, with many physical obstacles to overcome.
julia ♥
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
read the full review on my blog!

"There is no crying in the bakery."

Take some of the best friends to lovers trope, add some of Penny Reid’s universe with a pinch of spicy scenes, and Voila, a perfect recipe! Baking Me Crazy has it all and more. I think I haven’t finished a romance book this quickly in a while, and it’s all thanks to Sorensen’s writing. Prior to starting this book, I was intrigued to see how this concept would work: different romance authors all writing within the same
*The Angry Reader*
Apr 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rona-reading, 2020
I enjoyed the hell out of this sweet easy book with a hero and heroine who were so damn fun. I loved the believability of their relationship road blocks. I couldn’t get enough of him. And finally a prickly heroine whose standoffishnness I could embrace! I thought the writing went down smooth and easy, and I struggled to put it down.

Such a treat. Pun intended.

Kandi Steiner
Sorensen has the perfect recipe in Baking Me Crazy: start with a swoony book boyfriend, throw in a strong, empowered female lead, sprinkles of hilarious banter, just a dash of angst, and all baked up in the perfect small town. This wasn’t just a romance, it was a powerful, poignant and emotional read that pulled me in from the first word to the last. This was the romantic comedy I didn't know I was craving. I DEVOURED it. An absolute must read — and one you’re sure to never forget!
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
Short and simple but I didn't really think this romance stood out! I really appreciated the disability rep though. ...more
Izzie d
Lee Ann Schwartz
The Smartypants Romance debut novel is AMAZING!

When Penny Reid announced she was starting a new line called Smartypants Romance, and other authors would be writing novels in her Knitting In the City/Winston Brothers world, I was intrigued. I was also somewhat apprehensive because I wasn't sure that the other authors would maintain the Pennyverse that I had come to love. I should have had faith that Penny would not let that happen. If this first book is any indication of what's to come, we are al
Lady Heather
Publication date October 8, 2019

This is this first book published by SmartyPants Romance and it was such a joy to read this story.
I LOVE the friends-to-lovers trope!
Levi and Jocelyn were great characters.
I loved their chemistry, bantering and history.

Great start to a new series!

"I voluntarily read an ARC of this book which was provided by SocialButterflyPR in exchange for an honest review."
Aisling Zena
Free on Amazon at the time of posting

• Stud Muffin (Fighting for Love #1)
  • No Whisk No Reward (Donner Bakery, #1)
  • Love in Due Time (Green Valley Library, #1)
  • Crime and Periodicals (Green Valley Library #2)
  • Beef Cake (Fighting for Love #2)
  • Happy Trail (Park Ranger, #1)
  • Prose Before Bros (Green Valley Library, #3)
  • Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)
  • My Bare Lady (Scorned Women's Society, #1)
  • Weight Expectations (Cipher Office, #1)
  • Code of Conduct (Cipher Security #1)
  • Sticking to the Script (Cipher Office, #2)
  • Carpentry and Cocktails (Green Valley Library, #5)
  • Stranger Ranger (Park Ranger, #2)
  • The Treble With Men (Scorned Women's Society, #2)
  • Love in Deed (Green Valley Library #6)
  • Eye Candy (Fighting for Love #3)
  • Beard Necessities (Winston Brothers, #7)

Love at First Sight (3 books)
  • Batter of Wits (Love at First Sight, #2)
  • Steal My Magnolia (Love at First Sight, #3)

News & Interviews

“At the end of the day, a woman wants someone who sees her. Who understands her, respects her, and treats her as though she's valued and important and cherished.” 2 likes
“What comes next is whatever you want, and that's the biggest, scariest, most beautiful part of living.” 1 likes