Start by marking “When Jacarandas Bloom” as Want to Read:
When Jacarandas Bloom

When Jacarandas Bloom

Set in the picturesque, idyllic villages of Maleny and Montville in Queensland's Sunshine Coast Hinterland.

Stephanie Page has one chance to escape her abusive partner and she takes it. By the end of the day, she finds herself on the top of a mountain range. Is it far enough away? Can she be safe here?

She’s drawn to a rundown tearoom, although she’s not sure why. The owner,
Published November 1st 2020 by Independently published

To ask other readers questions about When Jacarandas Bloom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Jacarandas Bloom

Start your review of When Jacarandas Bloom
paulinereidbookreviewer
Oct 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Ellen Read
Recommended to paulinereidbookreviewer by: Ellen Read
5 August 2021 - Just letting you know I re read this "inbetween" a lengthy ARC, highly recommend this story for that reason PLUS ... if you are into lots of coffee like I am you will be pleased its mentioned several times.

3 March 2021 - Paperback version read. Gifted by Ellen Read.

Who do we have here? We have Stephanie, 25, who was in an abused relationship for 12 months, she decided to set herself free from the torture and the situation, and take the car and not much else and drive far away t
Kazz Mossman
Nov 12, 2020 added it
Shelves: read-2020
Having just read The Dragon Sleeps by Ellen Read, I kept seeing this book on my Social Media. The colours attracted me, the book cover is lovely. Then I saw a review and in it was Kindle Unlimited, and finally the icing on the cake, it was a novella, and I love the shorter reads.

I loved this story, although in the review I read it said something which I am not going to repeat because it took the reviewer completely by surprise. This made me guess what she was referring to, so I knew the ending.
Sharman Badgett-Young
A sweet story with a touch of the supernatural

This story was the perfect read before falling asleep. With a mixture of mystery, romance, and a twist at the end, the story held my interest to the last word.
Ursula Visser
Jun 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
Read this lovely book in a day.

It is great to read a story that has many places I visited on holidays; it helps to form a picture in my mind! Especially the villages of Maleny and Montville.

The story was compelling and had a surprise twist.
Stephanie Page has found the courage to get away from her abusing boyfriend. She finds herself a rental in Queensland's Sunshine Coast Hinterland. Once there for a week, she befriends an older lady that has a rundown tearoom. Lynette, is warm and welcoming,
Tina
Dec 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Breaking free from an abusive relationship is never easy...Stephanie knows all about that. But finally she is on her way and in a small town in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland (Queensland, Australia) she will find her inner strength, courage and other things she didn't quite expect.
A beautifully written modern love story with some twists.
Charles
Oct 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this novella. The setting was beautiful. I related to the characters and enjoyed the story. Great ending.
Ellen Read
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jacaranda trees bloom in October and November in Australia. The trees become laden with purple blossom. It is a sight to behold.

I love the small towns of Maleny and Montville and have often visited. They are set in beautiful countryside in South East Queensland surrounded by farms, rainforest, and waterfalls. A place where flowers thrive and people can relax and unwind.

When I first had the idea for When Jacarandas Bloom, I immediately thought this would be the ideal place for a story about new b
Anne
Mar 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I very much enjoyed this shorter lighter read ‘When Jacarandas Bloom” by Ellen Read.
A mixture of a controversial subject, mystery and romance – a story of new beginnings - set in the beautiful Sunshine Coast Hinterland, a place I have visited many times and love. I must admit I thought the ending would be predictable, so an unexpected twist was a welcome surprise. I love the way Ellen writes – very easy to read and keeps one’s interest. This novella is well worth the read and I can’t wait to rea
C.N. Jannain
Nov 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Running from an abusive relationship Stephanie ends up in an unlikely town. Drawn to a little tea room that looks run down and dilapidated she enters and she meets a friend. Returning over and over for tea and lavendar scones her new friend encourages her to check out the local antique and crafts business run by a handsome gentlemen. He is not so welcoming at first and has his own secrets. The story progresses. I don't want to give it away. So I will just say there are some unlikely surprises wi ...more
Vicky Coughlan
Jan 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can not tell you enough how much I enjoyed this book. It tells you of new beginnings and love found. And a lovely twist in the middle which I was suspecting for a while but it was so welcome. This book has everything I like and it’s such a feel good book! I don’t like to give the story away so I will say: go get this book you won’t regret it. The writing flows effortlessly and your connection with the main characters is instantaneous. You want to be near that jacaranda tree and see it’s beauty ...more
Amit Kumar
Lili's Bookshelf
Mar 13, 2022
Belinda Nemcich
Jun 17, 2022

• Paired (The Active Eight Series Book 1)
  • Temple of the Jaguar (Nick Caine, #1)
  • Murder On The East China Sea (The Beginning, #2)
  • Campfire Macabre
  • A Spell of Rowans
  • Firebrand
  • Death in Deep Water (Aristotle "Soc" Socarides)
  • Disciples (Starsedge: Nel Bently Book 0)
  • Wisteria, Witchery, and Woe (Deepwood Witches Mysteries #2)
  • Semi-Psychic Life (Glimmer Lake, #2)
  • Tequila for Two (Althea Rose Mystery, #2)
  • The Sea of Her (The Sea of Her, #1)
  • The Waves of Him (The Sea of Her, #2)
  • Tequila Will Kill Ya (The Althea Rose Mystery, #2.5)
  • The Mystery Knight (The Tales of Dunk and Egg, #3)
  • Danger at the Dive Shack (Dive Shack Mysteries, #1)
  • Persuasion
  • Street of the Five Moons (Vicky Bliss, #2)
Ellen Read is the author of The Dragon Sleeps, The Inca's Curse, The Amber Trap & The Feathered Nest - historical mystery romance novels, and Love The Gift - an eBook Novella, a time slip romance, a story to heal grief. Also When Jacarandas Bloom, a novella, a romance with a twist. Also Due For Love - a ghost story.

Ellen was born in Townsville, Queensland in Australia. She has always enjoyed readi

News & Interviews

“Cows wandered lush green slopes.” 1 likes
“Several colourful parrots were in a shrub arguing over nectar from beautiful red flowers — bottle brush, she thought.” 1 likes