Start by marking “Acres of Promise (Single Again #2)” as Want to Read:
Acres of Promise  (Single Again #2)

Acres of Promise

(Single Again #2)

Join the journey with Chantelle Anderson as she actions all in her power, to prevent her teenage son falling into a life of crime and drugs.

Along the way, in her vulnerable state, she struggles to find a suitable life partner. With the trials she's experiencing with her son, who'd want to take on the whole package? Unless, God intervenes and shows He hasn't forgotten Cha
Published January 31st 2020 by The Collaborative Press

To ask other readers questions about Acres of Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Acres of Promise

Start your review of Acres of Promise (Single Again #2)
Faith Posten
May 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Chantelle’s Courage

Chantelle’s life has been a sad journey thus far in the area of romance especially. But surely God has somebody good for her. Cassie, her best friend, is sure she found him in Mark. Chantelle was enchanted by Mark. He led Street Meetings even and had regular Prayer Meetings at his house weekly. After only a couple of weeks, he tells Chantelle he loves her and feels a spiritual connection with her too. He gets out a large diamond ring and puts it on her without asking her if
Robin
Dec 09, 2020 rated it liked it
A Heartwarming Tale, But...

I loved the plot in this story. The hero was pretty awesome, too. The heroine kind of irritated me at times, but she had moments of greatness scattered throughout the story. The text needs more proofreading, though. I saw multiple typos which pulled me out of the story. I know they were typos because in other places where the issue could have occurred, it didn't. Another problem was that the story dragged in places. I could've skipped the whole first half of the book o
Janice Sisemore
Jan 09, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2021
Acres of promise

In Acres of Promise Chantelle was being challenged by her son. Noah is a only son and Chantelle is a single mother. I loved Chantelle character, she was such a good mother. I loved how she handled things with her life and son. She has tried to date but having a hard time finding the right guy. When least expected she meets Andrew. Will he finally be the one?

I loved how Chantelle and Noah had pets. A really special dog story in the book. Having pets in a book adds so much to the
Jeanie Womack
Dec 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Heart hurt

Chantelle finds herself dealing with Noah, once her sweet son, now a defiant 11year old, looking for trouble. She sees shadows of the behaviors that ruined her brothers' lives in her own child. His father had been a bad man with many vices he'd kept from her until they were married. When his dad died, Noah felt abandoned in spite of his dad's death being from illness. The bravery and courage Chantelle shows as his behaviors continue on a downward spiral are the picture of tough love. N
Ellen
Jul 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Acres of Promise is a beautiful realistic Christian novel. It is a beautiful story about a mother who has difficulties with her 12-year-old son. Fortunately, God has not forgotten her. A verry nice story to read. The book has nice characters and I love the Christian aspects in it.
Kelly
Aug 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
God always keeps His promises.

My heart goes out to her. Discernment is very important when finding a spouse. Mother and son both needed to learn an important lesson that we all need to learn. A child of God behaves like his or her Father God. Very good book!
Olatomi Afilaka
Dec 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
True to life

I love how you issues dealt with within this story line are true to life. That they are real life issue that the readers can learn true perspectives from.
Shebb
Oct 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What an unexpected story! Lisa Renee has a gift writing real-life yet unpredictable characters. Her stories tend to travel along paths where you don't think a character will go... which is refreshing as a reader!

This novel followed Chantelle Anderson, Cassie's best friend (the main protagonist from the first book in the series) and single mother to Noah. Life has dealt Chantelle blow after blow, and mixed with poor past decisions, she's now living a difficult life.

Several people enter her life,
Elaine Fraser
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We all love second chances and second chances at love always melt our hearts. Lisa Renee writes about women who have been buffeted by life's storms and have come through stronger than before.

In Acres of Promise, Chantelle Anderson has had some bad relationships, is a single mother, and is looking for love.

This time, she wants to meet someone whose character lives up to her hopes and dreams.

Making mistakes along the way, such as jumping into a relationship with someone she meets online, and per
Candace West
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For anyone who believes that their best days are behind them, Acres of Promise shows that it's never too late for second chances. Chantelle, a single mother, struggles to relate to her troubled teenage son Noah. Grappling with loneliness and trying to keep her son out of trouble almost proves too much. At times, my heart ached for Chantelle and Noah...the hurt and misunderstandings between them. No matter what, though, they discover that God is always faithful. He always knows how to bring the r ...more
Allison
For those of us who might feel like our days of romance are behind us, those of us who’ve put aside our own desires to meet the needs of our children, even when we feel inadequate to the task, and those of us who wonder if God’s forgotten us, or written us off, Chantelle’s story in Acres of Love gives us a fresh hope and perspective on being a single Christian parent, trying to navigate raising a rebellious young teen son in Australia without a father of his own.
Ellen
Jul 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A.D. Lawrence
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful story by Lisa Renee! What an adventure to follow the real-life struggles of a mother raising a problem teen alone while navigating through the sometimes unsettling world of dating. The story flowed well, and I loved the characters! Looking forward to more from this author!
Kyoung
Dec 08, 2020
Lisa
Apr 24, 2020
R LANKFORD
rated it did not like it
Dec 06, 2020
Roberta
Sep 06, 2020
Dee Mears
Sep 16, 2020

• A Stolen Kiss (Victorian Love #1) (Generations of Love #5)
  • A Goose Creek Christmas (Tales from the Goose Creek B&B #3.5)
  • Making Over Caro (Second Time Around Series Book 4)
  • Inheriting Trouble  (Bequest #1)
  • Her Marine Hero (Millionaire Soldier #1)
  • An Irish Heart
  • Mail Order Ruth
  • When You Look at Me (Pleasant Gap Romance #2)
  • The Judge's Bride (Montana Brides of Solomon's Valley, #1)
  • Northstar Beginnings: First Instinct / Mountain Angel (Northstar Angels, #1 / Hammond Brothers #1-2)
  • Ever Caring (Family Promises Book 1)
  • An Imperfect Promise (Abiding Love, #1)
  • The Dawn Wakers (Westward Wanderers, #2)
  • A Time To Be Born and A Time To Die (A Time For Everything #1)
  • Her Hope Discovered (Welcome to Ruby, #1)
  • Christmas in Three Rivers (Three Rivers Ranch Romance, #8)
  • Hope for Christmas (Hope Ranch #1)
  • Calloway Cove
Lisa Ren'ee is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers and Omega Writers, Australia.

Lisa adores babies enough to have seven of her own. Recently, Lisa has taken up breeding Ragdoll cats instead of breeding humans.

The tribe lives in Australia, where Lisa and her husband enjoy their writing projects and helping other authors publish.

Single Again (3 books)
  • More Than A Second Chance (Single Again #1)
  • Polarized Love (Single Again #3)