Start by marking “The Simple Guide to Having a Baby: A Step-by-Step Illustrated Guide to Pregnancy & Childbirth” as Want to Read:

3.67  ·  Rating details ·  39 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
The Simple Guide to Having A Baby is short, simple and easy to follow. It holds your hand and walks you through pregnancy and childbirth, covering what you need to know about being pregnant, giving birth and taking care of your baby. It includes advice on what to do and what not to do during pregnancy, easy exercises to help you stay healthy and feel better, information on ...more
Published May 24th 2005 by Meadowbrook (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Simple Guide to Having a Baby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Simple Guide to Having a Baby

Keshia
Jan 04, 2011 rated it liked it
At first, I didn't like the book at all because i felt like they were putting it in such simple terms that i was almost considered stupid as a reader... but once my expectations adjusted, the book was fairly well done. There's some repetitiveness in it, but it made it easier for me to skim through, and the reminders were okay. A good book for those who easily get overwhelmed.
Meg
Nov 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help
I read this book while I pregnant with my first child. It was a great guide for someone who doesn't want to use drugs during labour. Putting to use the advice I was able to deliver my first and second child without any drugs whatsoever.
Tiffeny
Apr 23, 2009 rated it liked it
I read this for my doula training. The beginning part really felt like it was too simplified, but as the book progressed, there was some good information in there.
Dec 21, 2009 rated it liked it
I am glad that I read this book. I really didn't like the "stories" from the women's experiences in this book, I found them very childish almost and could have done without them. This book definitely was "Simple" as stated in the title and was very easy to read and to follow along. I will definitely take the advice and techniques suggested for when I'm in labour.
Lisa
Jan 07, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011
Just the basics. The tone is a little simplistic, like it's written for people who really don't know that you're not supposed to drink when you're pregnant.
Alison
May 14, 2010 rated it liked it
Very quick and easy to understand. I was not impressed with the content. It did not talk about choices but rather what "would" happen. I was surprised as I usually like books by Simkin.
Danielle Smith
May 11, 2014
Erica Fischer
Jul 27, 2012
Meghan Katherine
rated it did not like it
Feb 26, 2011