Start by marking “The Guy on the Left (The Underdogs, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Guy on the Left (The Underdogs, #2)

The Guy on the Left

(The Underdogs #2)

It started with a lie. A night of blurred lines between a teacher and a student.

I wasn’t her student, yet it was the single most defining night of my life.

I’ve never been the man she thinks I am.

Most people have no idea about the life I’ve lived or the words that ring true when it comes to me—still waters run deep.

But you’d be hard-pressed to find a coed on the TGU
Published December 6th 2019 by KLS PRESS

To ask other readers questions about The Guy on the Left, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Guy on the Left

Start your review of The Guy on the Left (The Underdogs, #2)
Christy
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was amazing. LOVED IT!

photo E5A4205F-3DEC-45D8-BF98-A2AF3612630B_zpsntdytsyq.png

When I read 'The Guy on the Right' earlier this year, I fell in love. That book was all kinds of epic and I was instantly intrigued with Troy, who was Theo's roommate. Then we found out the connection between Troy and Dante and I knew I had to have his book. I loved TGotR so much, I didn't know if this would be quite as good for me. Well... it was. In fact, I think it was a tiny bit better. Because along with being hilarious and a blast to read, it gave me all the
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
description

It pillaged my HEART, it devoured my SOUL, it has permeated in all my SENSES. It's NOT just a story, It's designed specially to give hope to common people like US, that Underdogs DO get their place in the sun. The Meek SHALL inherit the Love one day!
Oh my Achey Breaky Heart, be still...it swooned so fast and so often at Troy Jenner, it's dislodged from my chest and is lying panting between the pages!!!

description

“There’s no story if you give up.”
I have the privilege of calling Kate my friend and her
chan ☆
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
one too many conflicts but so so sexy and sweet. kate stewart has cemented herself as a new favorite for me.
Bibi
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*5 Exceptional stars*

When it comes to writing multi-dimensioned characters and stories with emotional depth,
there are only a handful of authors that are on my list. Colleen Hoover, Penny Reid, JT Geissinger, Kate Stewart and Alessandra Torre, to mention a few.

After The Guy on the Right, I couldn't imagine how Stewart would redeem Troy or that his story could surpass Theo's.

But, wow.

WOW.

I was blown away, crying one minute yet dissolving into hysterical laughter the minute Dante opened his
mel
#1: the guy on the right 5 stars
#2: the guy on the left 3 stars
#3: The Guy in the Middle tbr

3 stars

hmm not sure how or what to feel after reading this.

so from the previous book, we found out that Troy is actually the dad of Clarissa’s son (their neighbour), and i was kinda hesitant to read this because of how Troy was portrayed in Theo's book but i'm so glad i read this though.

Troy is your typical popular, man ho jock but... is he really? yeah sometimes. but his relationship with his son,
Hulya Kara Yuksel

I literally devoured this book. It was so good! :)

And I need a book about Dante in the near future! Please, Kate Stewart. Just hear me out, ok? :D
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE +++++++ STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

I’ll never let her be alone again in the way she described to me. Instead of useless words of assuring her of it, I’ll prove that promise. And that’s going to take time. The more I become integrated into their lives, the more I feel like I can do anything, everything, for them both.

The ”Underdog” series is by far, one of Kate Stewart’s best. Each installment is as amazing as the last. ”THE GUY ON THE LEFT” pulls you in from page one.
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

THEMES & TROPES: Surprise Pregnancy
RATING: 3 Stars
CLIFFHANGER: No

READ MY REVIEW ON THE BLOG

I has sad. After finishing THE GUY ON THE RIGHT I was so looking forward to Troy and Clarissa's story but this didn't wow me the way I expected.

I see the safety gang is throwing a shitfit over Troy - I wish they'd get the facts straight. After so many books they
Andrea Fleury
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I adored troy.. So sexy.. So sweet. This book was a hot to me. I was disappointed when it ended. I could of kept reading for days.This whole series is the best.
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4.5 STARS
Wanting this woman is torture. Loving this woman is fucking humiliating.

I feel like I've been waiting forever for this book. But nothing could have prepared me for the impact Troy's story would have on me. When I first met him as a secondary character in The Guy on the Right, he was the ultimate hottie. A jock, a womanizer, a guy that had the world handed to him and took full advantage of it. Well ha! The joke is on me. Because while he may exude the typical hot jock vibe, he's
Kate Stewart
Dec 07, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
The Guy on the Left is NOW LIVE & FREE to read with KINDLE UNLIMITED!

Grab your copy here!

AMAZON US: https://amzn.to/2PmwlRs
AMAZON UK: https://amzn.to/38j4dHh
AMAZON CA: https://amzn.to/351VsPQ
AMAZON AU: https://amzn.to/2YpMhXf

ABOUT THE BOOK

I wasn’t her student, yet it was the single most defining night of my life.

I’ve never been the man she thinks I am.

Most people have no idea about the life I’ve lived or the
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
To beperfectly frank, Troy's book has been one of my most highly anticipated reads of this entire year. I have been literally dying for the story of the Texas Grand football superstar and his single mom neighbor since I was first introduced to him in The Guy on the Right. I was DESPERATE for the story behind this guy, this womanizing athlete with a reputation that preceded him but who definitely seemed misunderstood by the time I'd finished Theo's book.

Well.

Let me just say, Kate Stewart brought
arini ★彡
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
#1 the guy on the right — 4 stars
#2 the guy on the left — 4.5 stars
#3 the guy in the middle (tbr)

dante is my kryptonite. GAH!! love the kid with all my heart. he stole the spotlight in this book, and i would like to fervently dedicate my rating to him. this book was still as hysterically funny as the first one, but it was also heavier and felt more ‘mature’ on some level. the #redemptionlovestory in this was so gratifying.

due to the preconceived notions i had on troy in the first book (thanks
Malene
Kate Stewart writes the best heroes. I didn’t think she was able to top Theo Houseman from The Guy On The Right but she did. Troy motherfucking Jenner! Lord my ovaries were working overtime while reading TGOTL. Troy knocked Theo off the number 1 spot and claimed it. Phew... what a man indeed.
After being introduced to Troy in The Guy On The Right I just knew and hoped I would get his story cause there was so much potential and I was intrigued as hell by his behavior and his interaction with his
Ana Laura
Same as always: while she has to deprive herself of other relationships to raise her child he certainly had no problem moving on with other women. I don't know how long these authors will persist in these ridiculous double standards. Women today may well have time to raise their children and enjoy male company. WE ARE NO MORE IN THE NINETEENTH CENTURY FOR GOD'S LOVE! And "Zero" might well have waited less time to take approach with his son, but he was certainly too "busy" to take on its real ...more
Jennifer Kyle
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars ...more
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
Scanned to just see if the Hero could be celibate while pursuing the heroine...NOPE!

He lives next door to her and his son and the heroine has seen him escort numerous women out of his door (in less than 3 months)...while all the time saying he wants a chance with the heroine,

Not once did she throw in his face all the OW, yet he couldn't handle the fact that she took an internship with her ex boyfriend (she wasn't even working directly under the ex...she was interning with one of his employees)
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
5 Stars!
(ARC provided by Wordsmith Publicity)

photo 28AB0C4C-EDFB-47EE-9A95-B33FAD2927FF_zpsvbgug5yv.jpg

Troy Jenner is a college senior at Texas Grand University. He plays football for the Texas Grand Rangers, and is one of their star players. He has a reputation as a playboy athlete, and is the golden boy of TGU. School and football have been his life for years. He has dreams of the NFL, but the one thing that consumes his thoughts is a moment from his past that would shape, change, and define his life. A lie he told that would forever haunt him. It’
preoccupiedbybooks
I loved The Guy on the Right so was looking forward to this sequel, but I didn't really like this.

I liked Troy, he was immature but then again he was 18 at the start of the book and only 24 for the rest. He tried hard to be a good dad and was pretty likeable. I didn't have an issue with his one night stands because him and Clarissa were not together.
I liked Parker, Clarissa's best friend, she was a lot of fun.
I liked Dante, he was a cute and funny kid.

I detested Clarissa though. She withheld
lazybookconqueror
Can I give this book 10.000 stars?
I thought The Guy on the Right was a great book, but I was NOT prepared for Troy's book at all.
It was a perfect combination of sweet, funny, heartbreaking, endearing, steamy, and real.

Clarissa is a high-school teacher that hit it off with a crazy good looking guy in a bar and had a one night stand. Three months later and she's pregnant and trying to figure out how she's going to break the news to him. Troy told her he was a teacher as well, but when she goes to
AJ
5 stars for the awesomeness that is Troy Jenner

Oh wow, I loved this book! A second-chance book in more way than one as a single father fights for his family, and the one that got away. Told with emotion, humour, angst and a whole lot of heart, this book had me absolutely captivated and I freaking loved it!

The Guy on the Right was the first book in this series, and it was a funny and romantic read that I loved! It also dropped a massive bomb when it was revealed that Theo’s roommate, Troy – star
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
5 'I'll give you everything' Stars!
ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Troy Jenner. Troy, Troy, Troy. *sigh* He is more than enough reason to start reading this novel right this second because you’ll fall completely in love with this man and his story. This series is absolutely amazing and its heroes even more. Kate Stewart keeps making me fall in love with her amazing characters and you’ll understand why if you read any of her books. Troy is one of the best heroes Kate
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"

4,25 stars “in general” and 5 stars for Troy (and Dante).

What I really like is that Kate chose to begin this series of interconnected standalones with Theo’s story. I got to meet Troy through Theo’s eyes and he appeared to be your typical douche jock!
So now that I have been inside Troy’s head and had his story from his perspective, I am acutely aware that appearances are deceptive!
I think this could be the recurring theme of this “series of interconnected standalone” as none of the boys are
The Book Bee
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
REVIEW: 4 STARS
"Love requires a little bit of idiocy and a hell of a lot of bravery."

First and foremost - OMGosh. All. Of. The. Smiles. Troy's swagger (hot), Clarissa's anger (understandable but frustrating), his smirk (weak knees) and her glare (scary)....this one is full of piss and vinegar and everything that made me giggle and sigh. In the end, I walked away with a love for yet another book of Stewart's and all it does is make me want more....

Going into this book, I knew there was going to
☾☆ Nikki. ✿
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I read this book soooooo quickly. I was hooked straight from the start.

This book was miles better than book one. Well for me, it was.

Really enjoyed reading about these characters!

A five star read
Antonella
Dec 27, 2019 rated it liked it
book playlist

this is a good book no question about it BUT I detested the heroine something fierce... I just can't get over it...so many eye rolls and I just can't...
solid New Adult series I highly recommend it and I wish to read the next book...Now!!!
B.B. Easton
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Guy on the Left is stay-up-until-2:00-in-the-morning-even-though-you-have-to-get-up-at-6:30-to-get-your-kids-ready-for-school good! And I was rewarded for my sleep deprivation with the cutest, funniest, sexiest, happiest ending I've read in a long time. *dreamy sigh* *heart eyes* Can't wait to read the Guy in the Middle!
NMmomof4
3.75 Stars

Overall Opinion: I was surprised to find that this had already come out and decided to jump right in. We met Troy and Clarissa in the previous book, The Guy on the Right, and we were given a glimpse as to what was going on with them. We also had Troy portrayed as the typical jock douche that hurts the H in that book, but also given a hint that there was more to him. So that alone, I was intrigued by Troy's story. I enjoyed it, but I really did struggle with the h. She pushed away and
Ness (Vynexa)
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Read for the Kindle Unlimited weekend Readathon

compared to The Guy on the Right, I have to say I enjoyed this one a little more.

seeing two people who are the parents of this one hilarious kid work through their distrust and fall in love was really refreshing.

this one was a tad bit longer, yet I didn't mind. seeing Troy be more than a Womanizer and being a father and a man in love was so nice.

4 STARS
Kristi
5++++ Pretty Woman Stars!!!!!!

I couldn’t have loved this book anymore! I have waited for Troy and Clarissas story since TGOTR. I wanted to know what the dynamic was between them and Dante. Let me tell you...it was WORTH THE WAIT!!!!

We begin with a prologue that HOOKS you! If you haven’t read the previous books and read this one that prologue will get you! This was a page turner and I would have finished in a day had I not had to sleep for work!!! It was JUST.THAT.GOOD.!

Troy Jenner, bless him! My

• Landon & Shay: Part Two (L&S Duet, #2)
  • Manhattan (Becker Bothers, #3)
  • The Lineup
  • Release
  • Enemies
  • Stealing the Bride
  • The Younger Man
  • The Rebel King (All the King's Men Duet, #2)
  • Landon & Shay: Part One (L&S Duet, #1)
  • Insatiable (Cloverleigh Farms, #3)
  • Credence
  • In the Unlikely Event
  • The Scarlet Night (Rose Gold #0.5)
  • Leave Me Breathless
  • Blindsided
  • Lip Smacker
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
  • Outmatched
USA Today bestselling author and Texas native, Kate Stewart, lives in North Carolina with her husband, Nick, and her naughty beagle, Sadie. She pens messy, sexy, angst-filled contemporary romance, as well as romantic comedy and erotic suspense. Kate's title, Drive, was named one of the best romances of 2017 by The New York Daily News and Huffington Post. Drive was also a finalist in the Goodreads ...more

The Underdogs (3 books)
  • The Guy on the Right (The Underdogs, #1)
  • The Guy in the Middle (The Underdogs, #3)
“You and Dante, you redefined my dreams. My everything is yours.” 1 likes
“Fucking worth it,” he murmurs. “Every fight, every struggle, the wait, the pain, the ache, loving you, needing you, wanting you, missing you—all of it—worth it to get us to this point, right here.” 1 likes