Start by marking “Stealing the Throne (Chronicles of the Throne #1)” as Want to Read:
Stealing the Throne (Chronicles of the Throne #1)

Stealing the Throne

(Chronicles of the Throne #1)

The people who burned down my old life will regret walking through the ashes.

As far as the citizens of Caelumine are concerned, Princess Amelia Deightyn died with the rest of her family in the burning of the Deightyn Kingdom. Roxanna Delamontee couldn’t agree more. The day her family was betrayed by the people they trusted most, her innocence went up in flame
Kindle Edition
Published December 20th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Stealing the Throne, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stealing the Throne

Start your review of Stealing the Throne (Chronicles of the Throne #1)
Tonja Drecker
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Girl power with intrigue and tension make this a read which is hard to put down.

Roxanna was someone else, but her family was betrayed, the castle burned and everyone she loved now lies dead. Except for one man, who pulled her out of the flames and has now trained her to seek revenge. By entering the competition to become the Prince's personal guard, she intends to find the perfect time and position to put an end to the family, which eradicated her own. With years of training and more determinati
Rhiannon Chillingworth
I'm a bit torn with this one.

It was very readable and there was something quite compelling about it. While the general premise I feel like I've read multiple times, a revenge plot is always a good one.

My biggest issue was that Roxanna was obnoxious, ignorant and foolish. She's trained her whole life for her mission to take down the people who slaughtered her family, but the minute she arrived at the arena she did nothing but arrogantly flaunt herself about and taunt the people she's supposed to
J
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
For a girl who has spent 12 years training - she is pretty fucking useless through out the whole book. Ended up being a complete bore being in her head.
Myriam
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: quirah-casey
I have been dying to read this story ever since I read an excerpt in one of the author's other books and I could not be happier that it's finally here! And it's epic! The author seamlessly transforms her urban fantasy into epic fantasy and moves the character's journey from the urban setting into another realm, the realm of her origin.
Now all the angst, determination, and rebellious spirit Roxanna carries, comes very handy as she faces the biggest challenge of her life. Although sometimes her re
Carol Rupprecht
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing! Roxanna is such a strong, bold, admirable, and witty character. It was heartbreaking to see the depth of betrayal and lies that she had to experience to get to the point she is at today. Training and preparing for revenge and to take back her kingdom since the age of 6, there really is nothing that Roxanna isn't capable of. The main guy characters that surround her in this story, Walker, Elyjah, Orrael, and Orrtyn are fun (well some of them) and keep things interesting. Al ...more
Charlotte Lowry Glen
Grammar needs work

The story is good and is developing nicely, I am enjoying the character interactions and looking forward to more. However, the sentencing and grammar need a bit of work.

No matter how I look at it you can not " kick someone in their groan" or the half a dozen other instances were this occurs all of which lead to some distracting reading and I had to put it down a few times.
I recommend reading it as the fiesty fmc is fun to read but work is needed to correct it.
Nigama
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once princess Amelia Deightyn, now a commoner Roxanne gets trained for The Calling to become the champion of the crowned prince, Elyjah Fawcett... To revenge against his parents murdering her parents, the then King and Queen and her sister, the crowned princess... Upon entry into the contest, she realises that what really seemed is not all true and she needs to uncover much more than she anticipated... She gains the uncalled for attention of the crowned prince, his twin advisors and his claiming ...more
Noemi
Dec 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is my first book by Quirah Casey, and boy, it didn't disappoint. I've been in a reading slump for a while (and being busy with school didn't help), and I'm always a little bit nervous when I start a new author, as things can go two ways: I totally love it or hate it, I don't do half measures. But this book was so good!!! I love the sassiness and how kick a** Roxanne is. I can't wait to read more of her books as now I'm totally hooked both with Roxanne's story, but also with Quirah's writing ...more
Natalie
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I recieved a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

Wow! This book has alot going for it. It's a mixture between Paranormal romance, Urban Fantasy and reverse harem.

Roxanne is a strong female character on the outside but on the inside she's struggling. Walker, Elijah and the bae twins work well together with Roxanna.

The story reminds me a little but of The Hunger Games.

I really enjoyed this story and cant wait for book 2
Danyelle Williams
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Revenge

This is a story of revenge and I love it. The author does a great job building this world, you really get a feel for the animals and the politics that go into it. And the characters you will fall in love especially with the best friend breylin.

The main character is a tough competitor who takes no crap so when she when her main rival and his friends try to distract her she takes no prisoners. But revenge is easy in theory but not sometimes it's harder to follow through with. But when your
Natalie Alice
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I recieved a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

The story reminds me a little but of The Hunger Games.

I really enjoyed this story and cant wait for book 2
Helen Wawrejko
Dec 27, 2019 rated it liked it
The Calling

First there were so many misspellings, wrong words, and general grammatical errors, that it cost this book a star. This increased as you neared the end of the book. That said, the characters were great, as was the storyline. I am a sucker for badass women retaking their thrones with a vengeance. So a 4 star book got racked for poor editing that took me out of the storyline every single time. Reverse harem have to be very good for me to read them.
Knz
Jul 09, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: started-but-niif
M/M interaction should come with a warning on the synopsis. DNF Heroine is immature and if the whole premise is her becoming queen the kingdom is doomed.
Des ❀ (Book Boys Do It Better)
3 Stars- Overall Good Book. This review contains some mild spoilers.

The FMC in this book, Roxanne, is admittedly a very contradictory character. However, despite the reviews I read before reading this book, I do believe this is on purpose.

The author writes that Roxanne’s trainers would say bad things about her parents to desensitize her, but later we see her attack Delia for this. (multiple times)This may seem inconsistent, but when you take into account that this is the woman who helped kill
Abbi
Jun 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
This story was really good! It’s pretty similar in concept to Throne of Glass, so if you like that you’ll most likely enjoy this one. This is a YA series and has many elements that you’ll find across other books in the genre (evil queen, nasty OW/princess type, brooding prince who is more than he seems, a subtle rebellion, etc). The story is really well written, although the formatting was at time really hard to follow and I don’t know if that’s the ebook version or something across the board . ...more
Mia LeNae
Mar 29, 2020 rated it liked it
You swing your hips like this

So at the beginning it’s written that Roxy’s trainer used harsh words about her parents, to get her not to react. Now Delia uses some harsh words and Roxy goes crazy? Pick a struggle. I’m thinking when she’s in her head or a flashback there should be some type of break in the sentence structure or in italics. Roxy is a contradiction and not in a good way. Did she just get “emotional”? Running away from a beaten and chained Walker?? I thought she was a hard, killing m
Carrie
Apr 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Not bad!

A pretty enjoyable book. Plot was well developed, nice medium burn, growing romance was believable, good sidekick, and villains you can hate. However, there were several typos (not a ton) and, for some reason, the author kept referring to birds as having "fur" and that bugged me a lot. It's something weird about my personality, I guess, but I couldn't understand why everything else was the same on recognizable animals except for furry birds...

Overall, a good book. I just did not find it
Kayla Busch
Jul 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a really interesting story, full of action and intrigue and each character in the book is so fascinating. I haven't read a story with this type of plot before and I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not but I was pleasantly surprised. Roxanna has been through a lot of horrific things and she literally has risen from the ashes like a phoenix and is ready to avenge her family and herself. This story will have you hooked from page one. It's so darn good. I highly recommend checking ...more
Maya Monroe
Jun 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Revenege

This is the first book in a series. This book got my attention from the beginning. A woman getting revenge on her family is always a good story. She is a fighter and has to fight for her life when she found a competition. She starts having to fight with herself when she starts interacting more with the guys. This book is full of action and brings this world to life. I loved reading Roxanna’s start at revenge and ai can't wait to read the next book.
Piper
Jan 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
I liked the story

I liked the plot and the idea of combining technology and magic. I did not like Roxanne. She was impulsive and argumentative. A typical teenager. Not suited to the role she was suppose to play. I liked the five men and even the bad guys they were well written and true to their roles. I will read the next book to see what happens, but if Roxanne is the same.....oh well.
Siona
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
ooohhh i just LOVE when i stumble across a book and it turns out to be one of the good ones!! This was SOO GOOD! Roxanna was a badass! Loved her fighting spirit! Walker was so yummy! The Bae twins and Elyjah were real interesting too and i needeeeed more of all of them!!
Something about competitions / trials in books that gets my heart racing!! Loved this and can’t wait for more!!!!
Mayara Alencar
Jun 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, ebook
Received an ARC copy in exchange of an honest review.
If you liked Throne of Glass, you'll love this series!
Born as Princess Amelia Deightyn, Roxana Delamontee reason to live is revenge for her murdered family. And she's back to her kingdom for it. And part of this revenge involves taking part in a mortal competition for the place as the crown prince protector. And only one person will survive.

I absolutely loved this book! It really remembered me of Sarah J Maas work. Not in a copycat kind way, b
Anne
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Intigued

I was torn on three or four stars. The world is very interesting and I am curious where the plot is going. Some of the dialogue was difficult to read and I have lots of questions about the world. I will be immediately reading the ext book which s why I decided on 4 stars.
Catherine Leigh
Jun 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Action packed

I really enjoyed this book, the storyline kept me guessing the whole way through. Awesome fight scenes packed with detailed descriptions and sassy sexual tension throughout.
Can’t wait to read the next book.
Arianna
Apr 29, 2020 rated it liked it
I've read the same plot in other books, but better ...more
Mikayla Wolf
Aug 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

What a great book from start to finish. It captivates you from start to finish and leaves you wanting more!
A
Jan 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

This book is well written. I enjoyed the diversity of the characters, the layers to the characters and their relationships and the imperfections of the MFC. She recognizes some of her own mistakes along the way. I have enjoyed this book a lot and am excited for the next!
shelby mullivan
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Highly Recommend

This book had me at the edge of my seat with excitement. I loved it sooo much. The writing is beautiful and the author gracefully builds an exciting world where I hope Roxy can steal that throne! Can’t wait for the next book.
Brielle
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
It’s good except for spelling errors

It was different. I liked it. The random spelling errors were a bit off putting tho. This book should be revised. My main complaint other than spelling errors is I was a bit annoyed with the female mc. She was a bit childish in her black or white thinking when it came to the betrayal of her family. Then I reminded myself she is only 18 so this can be excused away a bit. I’m interested to see what happens next.
Leanne Stuart
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was such an amazing and intriguing read and I’m so happy I decided to enter on this journey with Roxanna! Roxanna is one of my favourite FMC she’s tough, strong and resilient but also flawed! The men in her life are yummy! I loved watching the relationship grow and can’t wait to see more relationship and further character growth in future books. The book is extremely well written and I look forward to further books.

• Forbidden Mindslayer (Harem of the Mindslayer, #0.5)
  • Shifted Fate (The Wolves of Forest Grove, #1)
  • Reaper Unexpected (Deadside Reapers, #1)
  • Druid Dreams (The Chronicles of Sloane King, #1)
  • Gift of the Gods (Magic Blessed Academy, #1)
  • Feline the Flames (The Firehouse Feline, #2)
  • Blood of a Promise (Kings of Sterling #1)
  • Vanity: An Enemies to Lovers Romance
  • Forbidden Magic (Dark Falls Academy, #1)
  • Curse of Stone (Academy of the Damned, #1)
  • Chaotic (Arcane Mage, #1)
  • Powerless (Steel Demons MC #2)
  • Curiosity (Lughnasadh Elite Academy 2)
  • Demon Freed (Bound #2)
  • Tate's Tale (Sexy Sins Retreat, #1)
  • Half-Blood Mage (Light and Fire, #1)
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)

Chronicles of the Throne (3 books)
  • Betraying The Throne (Chronicles Of The Throne, #3)
  • Reclaiming the Throne (Chronicles of the Throne #2)

News & Interviews