Start by marking “Enemies” as Want to Read:
Enemies

Enemies

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  27,595 ratings  ·  2,784 reviews
Stone Reeves was my neighbor, and I've hated him since sixth grade.

Gorgeous and charismatic, he became the town's football god, while I became the town's invisible girl.
He went to a Division 1 school for football, while my father was fired by his father.
His team won the National Championship, while my mother died the same day.

He was a first round pick for the NFL ...
... wh
Published December 1st 2019

·  27,595 ratings  ·  2,784 reviews

Start your review of Enemies
•PerSefone•

1 ⭐️

Well..
I just found out someone “flagged” my review and 90% of what I wrote was deleted.

description

And I don't know why since it wasn't offensive or inappropriate, only honest .
I really, really hate petty behavior and unnecessary censorship.
I don't kiss 🍑 and I always write what I really think.
I don't care who the author is.. if a book isn’t good, I won't sugarcoat my review.
I'm honest, sue me.

description

After two months the only things I remember about Enemies are:

✖️ boring plot, full of unnecessary tragedies
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
24993460-SX540 enemies

ENEMIES: Is a full length Sports / New Adult / Romance novel by Tijan.

Like a needle in a haystack an epic read had never been fulfilled until now!! God this book!! As soon as #STONE came into the story I was a goner!! This guy had my heart right from the get go!!

tenor-copy.gif

The angst, the drama, the tears, the emotions, the feels they all came at me like a freight train! And all those feel good swoony moments grabbed me by the heart and never let go!!

This book easily went from a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ r
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
The only person she had was her worst enemy!

Tijan always writes such awesome characters. She writes such strong and compelling Hero’s and heroine’s who may be a bit broken but do what they can to keep it together and continue to move forward no matter what obstacles keep getting put in their path. This book is no different and it is awesome! I loved the story of Dusty Phillips and Stone Reeves.

Stone Reeves is the Local Football God. He is on the NFL team that has been winning games and he has be
Christy
3 stars

photo 7EE22F0E-A9C8-4AA7-9F62-3CD9524898A9_zpsy4thuw7i.png

Enemies is the first Tijan book I’ve read in so long! What I love about her books is the addicting quality they have. You never want to put them down, and it was the same with this. I never wanted to press pause on my audio.

The story starts with Dusty moving into an off campus room in a new school. We don’t know much about her past, but we learn about it as the story goes on, and it’s pretty sad. She’s had a lot happen to her in such a short time. Stone Reeves is a NFL player and wa
Mickeysreads
Dec 02, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: one-star, just-no
This book made no sense.

I was literally confused the entire time, i had no idea what was happening.

I felt no chemistry between them, maybe in the beginning they had a little pull between them but then later on I was just to busy trying to figure out what the hell is happening.

How did she fall in love with him? HOW THE HELL WERE THEY ENEMIES? And when Stone confessed his love to Dusty i was hard core cringing 😬

So basically Dusty hates Stone because he ignored her after 6th grade and then Stone’s
Tears Of Venus
May 17, 2020 rated it did not like it

a classic case of it's not me, it's the book.

❤️ Paulette  Alphas Review
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Title: ➳ ❤ Enemies
Author: ➳ Tijan
Published December 2nd 2019
⭐⭐⭐⭐

ღ I cannot even tell you how great this story is! This was one of those books that you couldn’t put down easily, it is well written & very put together, the characters were so easy to fall in love ♥●•
I went into this book blind; someone gave this book to me as Christmas present & sadly I’m just getting around to reading it

Dusty & Stone story is about, two kids who grew up together & once upon time were inseparable, & then the nex
Wendy

It is no secret that I am a huge Tijan fangirl. There are plenty of books by her that I love, but especially the Fallen Crest High series, I can read over and over again. The same now goes for this book. It rocked my world and I am sure I will be re-reading this one over and over again in the future as well.

Now, it has been established that I love Tijan's writing style, but do you know what I am also a big fan of? Sport themed books!! So yeah, I really hit the jackpot with this one, because col
mel ☽
"I love you and I want you to let me love you and I want to make you mine. My woman. Just mine. All mine. I don't care what you want. I can't let you be someone else's. Mine, babe. Mine."

hold on while i swoon for a sec.

i was so excited for this and you bet your ass i dropped everything to read this and it did not disappoint me. i mean come on.

of course an ex-childhood best friends turned enemies book will reel me in and if you're into that too, then i 100% recommend this.

what i didn't exp
Jan
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ku
In 2017 when I read Hate to Love You, I said I was done with Tijan.
But then Enemies went live and I couldn't resist.
I don't feel like writing a review. To be honest, I don't think I need to write another review since it feels like I am reading the same ol same ol with a different touch here and there.

So, here's a link from my Hate to Love you review that applies to Enemies.

my review
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
Apr 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult, college
4.5 STARS
My first Tijan book (don't judge me!) and I freaking loved it!! Holy mothballs, this was delicious. I love an angsty enemies to lovers read and this brought it in spades. It hit spots that I didn't even know I had. Now I'm currently liquored up and feeling especially lazy, so this is all you're gonna get as far as a review. I said, stop judging me, ok?! GOD. People are so judgy. Honestly. What I'll tell you is that if you're looking for an angsty college romance with a broody hero and s
Jessica
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: maybe
Why am I still reading these books? I honestly don’t know.
Syndi
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was ok
I read Tijan before. The title is Carter. I remember I shelved it under DNF. When Enemies comes out, and with so many wonderful review in Goodreads, I thought I give it another try.

And boy! I am not going to summarize again what is the story. What I can tell you is that I am very tired. Tired concentrating so hard on the story,characters and all of the PTSD affect.

Overall I do not enjoy this book.

2 stars
Karla
Dec 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Love Tijan! But this one left me with mix feelings. Whenever I pick up one of Tijan’s books I pretty much know what I’m getting OTT drama and angst and I’m ok with that in fact, I love it! But with “enemies” I felt like there was too much push and pull and so it took the H/h’s connection. It’s a shame though because when they were together they had so much chemistry. Also it wasn’t clear for me why the MC had the dilema and separation in their childhood. It definitely had the potential to be mor ...more
Jill S (Love Affair With Fiction)
AHHHHHHHHH this book! THIS. Book!

Enemies by Tijan was everything I didn't even know that I was looking for! It is (surprise surprise) an enemies to lovers, sports romance. Could you figure that out from the title and cover? LOL.

It was a sexy, passionate, emotional and bumpy ride that I didn't want to put down. Seriously, I had to leave my kindle in another room so that I could actually get some work done and not be distracted by this addicting read! What are you doing to me Tijan? (PS can we let
Sentranced Jem
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
PSX_20191123_023620

Title: Enemies
Author:Tijan

Tijan never lets me down and her latest release, Enemies is another fantastic book!

I finished reading this book within a few hours of it landing on my kindle.
It's been a while since I've been through an absolute book hangover and I admit that after I was done with Enemies, I stopped reading any book. I wasn't even excited to read my other ARCs...I literally didn't want to start another book.

For me, Tijan already had a massive year with her other amazing new
Bookadmirer

Enemies is such a beautiful story. It's raw, emotional, and angsty. Dusty was such a remarkably strong character. Her life turns upside down when her father and stepmother dies. Stone steps into her life once again and help her through a tough time.

When I say again, it meant they were friends until Stone decided to not hanging with her anymore. Many things happen between the time when they weren't in touch. Stone had shitty parents who made Dusty's life a living hell.

The chemistry between the p
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
Nov 29, 2019 marked it as author-i-won-t-read
Oh look....another overly dramatic heroine who’s life has been one disaster after another and (most likely) manwhore Hero....

Can Tijan write anything else?
Dora Koutsoukou
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
2 💔😞⭐️s

It was a tough and intense story, only told from the heroine’s pov. I had to reach towards the end as to get a bonus of two chapters with the hero’s pov. 😤
The first couple of chapters confused me so much, too many characters playing a part and was chaotic.

There was a lot of drama, where drama and myself are not close friends. And Dusty had so many slaps on the face that became exhausting and saddening.
Dusty and Stone had a very peculiar relationship -with no romance, whereas I couldn’t
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4-4.5 ⭐'s

This is my first book by Tijan and I can see why people really like her writing style.

Stone and Dusty were childhood friends, now enemies. It all started when he reached puberty and didn't want to hang out with the tomboy anymore. Unfortunately, he never gave Dusty an explanation and just dumped her.

Something happened between their parents and Stone's Dad fired Dusty's Dad right when Dusty's Mom found out she had cancer. She didn't have medical for a bit and that was the beginning of
Melanie (mells_view)
DNF - 31%
This book legitimately has me so confused. Like every five pages since 20% a new tragedy happens. It feels like the POV character is zoned out on drugs and just blips in and out of consciousness, and prior to that it wasn’t much better.

I’m sad because best friends to enemies to lovers, sounds tasty, but this wasn’t it for me.
Jessica Alcazar
This story. Wow. So much to unpack for you.

I don’t know how Tijan does it, but every book I have read by her has me all kinds of wound-up when I’m reading it. If there’s an emotion out there to be felt, I’m FEELING IT! It’s hella scary and very exhilarating. Her voice is unique. In the 20+ years I’ve been reading romance fiction, I’ve never come across an author as consistent as she is. EVERY.SINGLE.TIME!

Some of the paths this story takes are not easy but they’re also not dwelled on as to make
Christine B
This was an awesome story. It sent you through every emotion and then some. It is like what else can go wrong and have you sitting on the edge hoping that good things do happen for good people.

Stone Reeves was my neighbor and best friend and in the six grade he started to ignore me. Pretended we were never best friends. He became a football god in our town and I became the invisible girl. So from that moment I hated Stone. Especially the day their team won the championship, my mother died that d
Antonella
oh wow I'm so conflicted about this book.
On one hand it had too much drama going on and on the other I finished reading it...
So what to make of it all?
Maybe my rating would be higher if there was one thing that allowed heroine to deal with but no there is so much stuff over and over again...

Here is the short list what happened to her and key parts of the plot line ;
(view spoiler)
lazybookconqueror
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars

I'm a huge fan of angsty enemies-to-lovers romance books, but for the life of me, I could NOT connect with this story or the characters. The drama on top of drama on top of drama was too much, and everything felt flat. I kept waiting for a switch where I would just go: oooh now I get these characters! But, unfortunately, that moment never came...

Listened to it on audible through the Audible Escape package.
Lisa
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
Thought this was going to be a different type of story. So many issues with this one starting with why this is titled Enemies..they are tame...
I struggled to get damn near to the 20% mark let alone 50%. The H doesn’t show up until 20% and it goes downhill from there. The writing was choppy, poorly executed and lacked continuity. The character development needed serious work. ALL the characters were deplorable and unlikable. The dialogue was dreadful and the connection between the H and h was une
Candace Tidwell
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Tragic and beautiful. That's the best I can for now. Enemies left in awe. Read and enjoy. Do not pass this book up. ...more
Meredith Wilson
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gah! I absolutely love a good sports romance and with Tijan being one of my favorite authors, I couldn't wait to dive in to this one. And let me tell you... it DID NOT disappoint. Stone Reeves just became my new all-time favorite book boyfriend. He and Dusty made the absolute perfect couple. Stone is a sexy AF football god, and Dusty is a feisty and confident heroine who brings him to his knees.

Dusty has had a rough go at life. She lost her best friend in sixth grade. The two of them were thick
Melissa H
A solid 4.5 Read for ME!!

I received an ARC for review from the author.

I honestly didn’t know anything about this book going into it other than it was a hate to love/sports romance. So, I absolutely wasn’t ready for all the heartache and angst that Tijan brought in this book.

Enemies is about a girl named Dusty who leaves her hometown her junior year of college to pursue her dreams of becoming a marine biologist in a town in Texas. She doesn’t know anyone there, moving into a house with roommate
shirley ♡
2.5 stars!

This is the first time that I read an enemies-to-lovers book and I don’t fall in love with it. I love enemies-to-lovers, it’s my favorite book trope, so when I read the name and the blurb of this book I really thought that I was gonna love it.

The first 20% of this book I didn’t find it interesting at all, but I knew the book was going to get better because Stone, the male main character, hadn’t appeared. When Stone appeared, the book started to get interesting. I liked Stone, he was

• Waiting for the Sun (Hand Over My Heart Duet, #2)
  • Even When I'm Gone (Stay with Me, #2)
  • Sacrifice
  • Conheartists
  • Broken Record (Record, #5)
  • Cold Queen
  • Between Now and Heartbreak (Forever Trilogy, #2)
  • Bully Me This (Bully Me #1)
  • Between Now and Forever (Forever Trilogy, #1)
  • Holding on to Forever
  • Crazy for Loving You (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Team Player 2: A Sports Anthology
  • A Hurt So Sweet: Volume Two (Elite of Eden Falls Prep #2)
  • A Fairbanks Affair (Odds-Are-Good, #3)
  • Before You
  • A Hurt So Sweet: Volume One (Elite of Eden Falls Prep #1)
  • Stay with Me (Stay with Me, #1)
  • Venom (Rosewood Realm #1)

News & Interviews

“Baby girl, this is your mother. I know I’ve given you explicit instructions to trace this into your yearbook, but they’re my words. That means this is from me, my heart, and my love for you. There’s so many things I want to say to you, things I want you to hear, to know, but let’s start with the reason I’m having you put these words in your senior yearbook. First of all, this book is everything. It may be pictures, some names of people you won’t remember in five years, ten years, or longer, but this book is more important than you can imagine. It’s the first book that’s the culmination of your first chapter in life. You will have many. So many! But this book is the physical manifestation of your first part in life. Keep it. Treasure it. Whether you enjoyed school or not, it’s done. It’s in your past. These were the times you were a part of society from a child to who you are now, a young adult woman. When you leave for college, you’re continuing your education, but you’re moving onto your next chapter in life. The beginning of adulthood. This yearbook is your bridge. Keep this as a memento forever. It sums up who you grew up with. It houses images of the buildings where your mind first began to learn things, where you first began to dream, to set goals, to yearn for the road ahead. It’s so bittersweet, but those memories were your foundation to set you up for who you will become in the future. Whether they brought pain or happiness, it’s important not to forget. From here, you will go on and you will learn the growing pains of becoming an adult. You will refine your dreams. You will set new limits. Change your mind. You will hurt. You will laugh. You will cry, but the most important is that you will grow. Always, always grow, honey. Challenge yourself. Put yourself in uncomfortable situations (BUT BE SAFE!) and push yourself not to think about yourself, your friends, your family, but to think about the world. Think about others. Understand others, and if you can’t understand, then learn more about them. It’s so very important. Once you have the key to understanding why someone else hurts or dreams or survives, then you have ultimate knowledge. You have empathy. Oh, honey. As I’m writing this, I can see you on the couch reading a book. You are so very beautiful, but you are so very humble. You don’t see your beauty, and I want you to see your beauty. Not just physical, but your inner kindness and soul. It’s blinding to me. That’s how truly stunning you are. Never let anyone dim your light. Here are some words I want you to know as you go through the rest of your life: Live. Learn. Love. Laugh. And, honey, know. Just know that I am with you always.” 9 likes
“I hated meeting people. Like, truly hated it. I was what you’d call an introvert extrovert. I was chatty once I got to know someone, but let’s be honest here, because of a certain incident, I was very peopled-out.” 9 likes