Start by marking “Enemies” as Want to Read:
Enemies

Enemies

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  13,309 ratings  ·  1,647 reviews
Stone Reeves was my neighbor, and I've hated him since sixth grade.

Gorgeous and charismatic, he became the town's football god, while I became the town's invisible girl.
He went to a Division 1 school for football, while my father was fired by his father.
His team won the National Championship, while my mother died the same day.

He was a first round pick for the NFL ...
...
Published December 1st 2019

·  13,309 ratings  ·  1,647 reviews

Start your review of Enemies
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
24993460-SX540 enemies

ENEMIES: Is a full length Sports / New Adult / Romance novel by Tijan.

Like a needle in a haystack an epic read had never been fulfilled until now!! God this book!! As soon as #STONE came into the story I was a goner!! This guy had my heart right from the get go!!

tenor-copy.gif

The angst, the drama, the tears, the emotions, the feels they all came at me like a freight train! And all those feel good swoony moments grabbed me by the heart and never let go!!

This book easily went from a read to becoming
Wendy

It is no secret that I am a huge Tijan fangirl. There are plenty of books by her that I love, but especially theFallen Crest High series, I can read over and over again. The same now goes for this book. It rocked my world and I am sure I will be re-reading this one over and over again in the future as well.

Now, it has been established that I love Tijan's writing style, but do you know what I am also a big fan of? Sport themed books!! So yeah, I really hit the jackpot with this one, because
 PerSefone
DNF 35 %

1 boring/to much drama/tragedies for my taste-dnf

I'm the black sheep here..everyone loves this book but I dnf at 35%. The heroine was annoying and I can't stand her. This girl thinks everyone is judging and hating her. She let mean girls treat her like garbage but at the same time she can be a bratty bitch with the people who wants to help her. I'm not a doctor but I think she suffers from post-traumatic syndrome: she runs from her problems and makes shitty decisions to the point of
❤️ Paulette  Alphas Review
Title: Enemies
Author: Tijan
Published December 2nd 2019

ღ I cannot even tell you how great this story is! This was one of those books that you couldn’t put down easily, it is well written & very put together, the characters were so easy to fall in love •
I went into this book blind; someone gave this book to me as Christmas present & sadly I’m just getting around to reading it

Dusty & Stone story is about, two kids who grew up together & once upon time were inseparable, &
mel
"I love you and I want you to let me love you and I want to make you mine. My woman. Just mine. All mine. I don't care what you want. I can't let you be someone else's. Mine, babe. Mine."

hold on while i swoon for a sec.

i was so excited for this and you bet your ass i dropped everything to read this and it did not disappoint me. i mean come on.

of course an ex-childhood best friends turned enemies book will reel me in and if you're into that too, then i 100% recommend this.

what i didn't
Jan
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ku
In 2017 when I read Hate to Love You, I said I was done with Tijan.
But then Enemies went live and I couldn't resist.
I don't feel like writing a review. To be honest, I don't think I need to write another review since it feels like I am reading the same ol same ol with a different touch here and there.

So, here's a link from my Hate to Love you review that applies to Enemies.

my review
Jill S (Love Affair With Fiction)
AHHHHHHHHH this book! THIS. Book!

Enemies by Tijan was everything I didn't even know that I was looking for! It is (surprise surprise) an enemies to lovers, sports romance. Could you figure that out from the title and cover? LOL.

It was a sexy, passionate, emotional and bumpy ride that I didn't want to put down. Seriously, I had to leave my kindle in another room so that I could actually get some work done and not be distracted by this addicting read! What are you doing to me Tijan? (PS can we let
Karla
Dec 31, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love Tijan! But this one left me with mix feelings. Whenever I pick up one of Tijan’s books I pretty much know what I’m getting OTT drama and angst and I’m ok with that in fact, I love it! But with “enemies” I felt like there was too much push and pull and so it took the H/h’s connection. It’s a shame though because when they were together they had so much chemistry. Also it wasn’t clear for me why the MC had the dilema and separation in their childhood. It definitely had the potential to be ...more
Jemima jamir aka Sentranced Jem
PSX_20191123_023620

Title: Enemies
Author:Tijan

Tijan never lets me down and her latest release, Enemies is another fantastic book!

I finished reading this book within a few hours of it landing on my kindle.
It's been a while since I've been through an absolute book hangover and I admit that after I was done with Enemies, I stopped reading any book. I wasn't even excited to read my other ARCs...I literally didn't want to start another book.

For me, Tijan already had a massive year with her other amazing new book
Brown Li
Dec 02, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: just-no
This book made no sense.

I was literally confused the entire time, i had no idea what was happening.

I felt no chemistry between them, maybe in the beginning they had a little pull between them but then later on I was just to busy trying to figure out what the hell is happening.

How did she fall in love with him? HOW THE HELL WERE THEY ENEMIES? And when Stone confessed his love to Dusty i was hard core cringing

So basically Dusty hates Stone because he ignored her after 6th grade and then Stone’s
Jessica Alcazar
This story. Wow. So much to unpack for you.

I don’t know how Tijan does it, but every book I have read by her has me all kinds of wound-up when I’m reading it. If there’s an emotion out there to be felt, I’m FEELING IT! It’s hella scary and very exhilarating. Her voice is unique. In the 20+ years I’ve been reading romance fiction, I’ve never come across an author as consistent as she is. EVERY.SINGLE.TIME!

Some of the paths this story takes are not easy but they’re also not dwelled on as to make
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
24993460-SX540

Super excited to start this one tonight!! Love the cover, crazy over the author!!
Dora Koutsoukou
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
2 s

It was a tough and intense story, only told from the heroine’s pov. I had to reach towards the end as to get a bonus of two chapters with the hero’s pov.
The first couple of chapters confused me so much, too many characters playing a part and was chaotic.

There was a lot of drama, where drama and myself are not close friends. And Dusty had so many slaps on the face that became exhausting and saddening.
Dusty and Stone had a very peculiar relationship -with no romance, whereas I couldn’t
Candace Tidwell
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Tragic and beautiful. That's the best I can for now. Enemies left in awe. Read and enjoy. Do not pass this book up.
Meredith
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gah! I absolutely love a good sports romance and with Tijan being one of my favorite authors, I couldn't wait to dive in to this one. And let me tell you... it DID NOT disappoint. Stone Reeves just became my new all-time favorite book boyfriend. He and Dusty made the absolute perfect couple. Stone is a sexy AF football god, and Dusty is a feisty and confident heroine who brings him to his knees.

Dusty has had a rough go at life. She lost her best friend in sixth grade. The two of them were thick
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
Nov 29, 2019 marked it as author-i-won-t-read  ·  review of another edition
Oh look....another overly dramatic heroine who’s life has been one disaster after another and (most likely) manwhore Hero....

Can Tijan write anything else?
Melissa H
A solid 4.5 Read for ME!!

I received an ARC for review from the author.

I honestly didn’t know anything about this book going into it other than it was a hate to love/sports romance. So, I absolutely wasn’t ready for all the heartache and angst that Tijan brought in this book.

Enemies is about a girl named Dusty who leaves her hometown her junior year of college to pursue her dreams of becoming a marine biologist in a town in Texas. She doesn’t know anyone there, moving into a house with
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4-4.5 's

This is my first book by Tijan and I can see why people really like her writing style.

Stone and Dusty were childhood friends, now enemies. It all started when he reached puberty and didn't want to hang out with the tomboy anymore. Unfortunately, he never gave Dusty an explanation and just dumped her.

Something happened between their parents and Stone's Dad fired Dusty's Dad right when Dusty's Mom found out she had cancer. She didn't have medical for a bit and that was the beginning of
Snow

This is Tijan at her best...

It has her atmosphere and defined scripture intertwined all over the pages, it has that gloomy, pent up, angsty vibe we loved in the most famous NA series of all times (Fallen Crest High), even though these characters should receive the praise of their own and not stand in the Fallen Crest heroes' shadows.

For the fans of Tijan's work, this is a MUST read.

T.L. Smith
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE this book!! Almost everything Tijan writes is gold but this book was even better. Once I started I couldn't put it down. If you love college angst- sexy alpha male. This one is for you. Bravo Tijan, now give me more LOL.
☽ TheBibliotheque
I'll be honest with ya, Enemies it's pitched as hate to love, which I love, but I never expected this level of pure unadulterated and corrosive hatred.

It's been a while since I've picked up a book this angsty. The drama was cranked up to the max. And somehow it was all too much. The hatred, the tragedy, the dramatics. All too much. I didn't connect with the heroine and I didn't with the hero neither. Which is really rare if I must say.

It simply didn't work for me.
Lisa
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
Thought this was going to be a different type of story. So many issues with this one starting with why this is titled Enemies..they are tame...
I struggled to get damn near to the 20% mark let alone 50%. The H doesn’t show up until 20% and it goes downhill from there. The writing was choppy, poorly executed and lacked continuity. The character development needed serious work. ALL the characters were deplorable and unlikable. The dialogue was dreadful and the connection between the H and h was
queen_of_the_books_18
Well Stone Reeves has just been added to my very long book boyfriend list- HOLY SWOON!

“Let me hate you.”

Enemies to lovers at its finest, Tijan has just written one of my favourite books by her.

The drama, the emotion, the angst and the passion, she gives it all to us, making you want to flip the pages quicker than you can read. The push and pull and the chemistry sizzling between Dusty and Stone is just pure fire!

Poor Dusty... that girl I just wanted to hug her. She had been through and was
SHIRLEY ♡
2.5 stars!

This is the first time that I read an enemies-to-lovers book and I don’t fall in love with it. I love enemies-to-lovers, it’s my favorite book trope, so when I read the name and the blurb of this book I really thought that I was gonna love it.

The first 20% of this book I didn’t find it interesting at all, but I knew the book was going to get better because Stone, the male main character, hadn’t appeared. When Stone appeared, the book started to get interesting. I liked Stone, he was
BLuvsBooks
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Everything that I didn’t want to feel was gone, suffocated by the enormity of him.”

Tijan is officially the book hangover Queen!
Enemies is an emotional roller coaster and I loved every minute of it.
I didn’t sleep or eat so I could finish it.
Stone and Dustys story is a unique and unexpected enemies to love story.
I could not get enough of their love/ hate witty banter.
Dusty has many hardships and I cried for and with her several times.
Stone is headstrong but also loyal and caring.
I loved
Kate McCarthy
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Could not put it down. Tijan worked her magic AGAIN with Enemies. I freaking LOVED it!
Bookgasms Book Blog
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ratula
Everyone who knows me knows that Tijan is my go to author for kindle crack. Her stories are like magic to me and I can't get enough. Enemies was a fantastic enemies to lovers sports romance and I was completely here for Stone and Dusty.

While I did feel like the writing was a little disjointed and choppy at times, I could not escape the magic that was Stone and Dusty's connection. It was always there and despite years and tragedies between them, it still remained. Dusty was strong and assertive
Berry ♡ Nice
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
THIS This is what a Friends-Enemies-Lovers should be.
The hero was a jerk but sweet and he was an asshole but not for no reason.
The heroine was strong enough to not be a doormat but Nice enough to not be a total bitch.
The development of this story was consuming. I couldn't pull away. Why not a 5 star. The heroine did 1 too many back & forth for my liking.

This is my 1st by this author and It Won't Be The Last.... *runs to look at the backlog*
Anne OK
2.5 disappointing stars

Here goes my minority opinion. I neither hated nor loved this release from Tijan. It was a book I had excitedly anticipated -- and to be honest, I am disappointed. For me, it definitely didn't live up to the hoopla surrounding its release.

Packed to the max with angst, drama, tragedy -- at times lurching towards overload and unrealistic. I wanted to like both main characters, but I didn't quite get there either. Believe me, I couldn't help but feel sorry for a poor girl who
agustina ♓
"𝙢𝙖𝙮𝙗𝙚 𝙬𝙚’𝙧𝙚 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙢𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙠 𝙬𝙚 𝙖𝙧𝙚.”

I didn't expect this book to be so angsty but, oh boy it was and I loved every page.

The characters were amazing, the hot scenes were steamy af, the sports scenes were so well written it made me feel like I was there watching the game. Nothing but good things to say about this story and I'll be sure to continue to check out miss Tijan's books.
New Adult Book Club: December Contemporary Group Read ~ Enemies by Tijan 6 46 Dec 09, 2019 12:01PM
Fallen Into Tijan...: January [2020] BotM: Enemies 2 14 Dec 04, 2019 07:18PM
Fallen Into Tijan...: Enemies 2 17 Dec 01, 2019 05:47AM

• Waiting for the Sun (Hand Over My Heart Duet, #2)
  • Even When I'm Gone (Stay with Me, #2)
  • Sacrifice
  • Conheartists
  • Broken Record (Record, #5)
  • Cold Queen
  • Between Now and Heartbreak (Forever Trilogy, #2)
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
  • Bully Me This: Bully Me #1
  • Between Now and Forever (Forever Trilogy, #1)
  • Holding on to Forever
  • Crazy for Loving You (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Team Player 2: A Sports Anthology
  • A Hurt So Sweet: Volume Two (Elite of Eden Falls Prep #2)
  • A Fairbanks Affair (Odds-Are-Good, #3)
  • Before You
  • A Hurt So Sweet: Volume One (Elite of Eden Falls Prep #1)
  • Stay with Me (Stay with Me, #1)
“Baby girl, this is your mother. I know I’ve given you explicit instructions to trace this into your yearbook, but they’re my words. That means this is from me, my heart, and my love for you. There’s so many things I want to say to you, things I want you to hear, to know, but let’s start with the reason I’m having you put these words in your senior yearbook. First of all, this book is everything. It may be pictures, some names of people you won’t remember in five years, ten years, or longer, but this book is more important than you can imagine. It’s the first book that’s the culmination of your first chapter in life. You will have many. So many! But this book is the physical manifestation of your first part in life. Keep it. Treasure it. Whether you enjoyed school or not, it’s done. It’s in your past. These were the times you were a part of society from a child to who you are now, a young adult woman. When you leave for college, you’re continuing your education, but you’re moving onto your next chapter in life. The beginning of adulthood. This yearbook is your bridge. Keep this as a memento forever. It sums up who you grew up with. It houses images of the buildings where your mind first began to learn things, where you first began to dream, to set goals, to yearn for the road ahead. It’s so bittersweet, but those memories were your foundation to set you up for who you will become in the future. Whether they brought pain or happiness, it’s important not to forget. From here, you will go on and you will learn the growing pains of becoming an adult. You will refine your dreams. You will set new limits. Change your mind. You will hurt. You will laugh. You will cry, but the most important is that you will grow. Always, always grow, honey. Challenge yourself. Put yourself in uncomfortable situations (BUT BE SAFE!) and push yourself not to think about yourself, your friends, your family, but to think about the world. Think about others. Understand others, and if you can’t understand, then learn more about them. It’s so very important. Once you have the key to understanding why someone else hurts or dreams or survives, then you have ultimate knowledge. You have empathy. Oh, honey. As I’m writing this, I can see you on the couch reading a book. You are so very beautiful, but you are so very humble. You don’t see your beauty, and I want you to see your beauty. Not just physical, but your inner kindness and soul. It’s blinding to me. That’s how truly stunning you are. Never let anyone dim your light. Here are some words I want you to know as you go through the rest of your life: Live. Learn. Love. Laugh. And, honey, know. Just know that I am with you always.” 4 likes
“I hated meeting people. Like, truly hated it. I was what you’d call an introvert extrovert. I was chatty once I got to know someone, but let’s be honest here, because of a certain incident, I was very peopled-out.” 2 likes