Start by marking “Conclave (Devil's Night, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Conclave (Devil's Night, #3.5)

Conclave

(Devil's Night #3.5)

“Do you know what a papal conclave is?”

DAMON

Will is gone. He hasn’t been seen in months, and the texts coming from his phone are almost certainly forged. Something’s wrong. We need to act now.

Michael is ready to tear down The Cove, Rika’s hiding something, Evans Crist is a threat, and Winter’s father is still out there.

Everyone is off in a million directions, and w
Published November 22nd 2019 by Penelope Douglas LLC

Start your review of Conclave (Devil's Night, #3.5)
Penelope Douglas
Nov 23, 2019 marked it as finished-writing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
*Conclave is a 27,000 word novella that is available for FREE on my website and on my Wattpad. (Links below) You do not have to pay for it. But for those of you who would love this as part of your ebook and/or paperback libraries, it has been made available in both formats. Please be aware it takes place between Kill Switch (Devil’s Night #3) and Nightfall (Devil’s Night #4) and is only suitable for readers 18+. Please read Corrupt, Hideaway, and Kill Switch prior to reading this novella. I'm wo ...more
chan ☆
was excited until we got to the end and i realized it was just Michael/Rika shit 🥴

this was fine but probably unnecessary if you’re about to read Will’s book
Arini
Jun 25, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
#1 Corrupt — 3 Stars
#2 Hideaway — 3.5 Stars
#3 Kill Switch — 4 Stars
#3.5 Conclave — 3 Stars
#4 Nightfall — 3 Stars

I love the series, but it’s getting a little unrealistic. I mean, I appreciate the optimism and the idea of wanting to build a meaningful legacy is brilliant. Go young minds! 👏 But how did we go from Devil’s Night high school pranks to running for a mayor, gubernatorial or whatever! These characters in their early twenties talking about murder, politics, dominating the world (well, the
Jen
I bought this novella because I was excited to have any extra stories to add to this dark series! What I hadn’t realized until after I bought it was the the author has the Short story posted on her site..In other words I could have read it for free!!🤷‍♀️ I have decided not to dwell on it though as I have loved the whole series so far! I don’t mind having this novella to add to my collection!

As with all novella’s my main complaint is that they are always too short! This was no exception; however
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
giphy

Well... This was hot, sexy and naughty AS HELL! 🔥🔥🔥
Veronica WordsAreMyDrinkOfChoice
Jewel
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I like this series, but in this novella all the characters took themselves way too seriously. You guys created a club because you like to play pranks on Halloween, you're not part of the mafia. Calm down. ...more
Sara
Mar 07, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Just when I start to tolerate Rika in Kill Switch, I have to read this and every ugly emotion I have for her is there again.
She is a Mary Sue. She is beautiful. She is the richest of all characters in this series. She is a fricking ninja. She is a mayor, even though she's still in college. Everyone caters to her every whim. Every book after Corrupt, where she was a main female character, has her playing a bigger role than necessary- she is Kai's best friend and the one that made him want women
Heidi
Jan 22, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Jeezus. Halfway in and it was so bloody lame I ken-nut take it.

God knows why I'm continuing with this series when all knows I hate Erika Fane. Oh waittttt, yah, I'm in it because I love Banks and Kai, and it's PAINFULLY obvious that Penelope Douglas loves Kai as well, but unlike me she seems to love having him make googly eyes and be supportive of Rika for crissakes.

I think I lived for when Michael told Rika to go fuck herself and fuck to her power, entourage, assistants etc etc and a whole lo
Bee
Jul 19, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-stars
Well, I finally finished something! Yay.

I guess this was only written to set the tone for Nightfall, otherwise I don’t get the point. I would be a liar if I said I undestood everything happening in here. I’m just here for the romance, and don’t really care for the drama happening in the background (which is becoming honestly a little OTT and ridiculous). At least we got more of Damon and Winter and I loved their scenes so much. This was also filled with Rika and unballsy Michael, which I didn’t
✩ Mira ✩

2 stars because i was reading this on a plane and it only put me to sleep once but also the entire time i had to hide what i was reading from the middle-aged man sitting right next to me

was this absolutely unnecessary? yes. did i know that going in? also yes.
so then why am i surprised i found it to be a complete waste of time

Okay, so, Conclave

In the beginning of the novella, it says that it's for fans of the series who want a bit more content, but in reality it's for fans of PD's weird ob
Melissa H
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect! Enough to keep me invested in the characters while waiting for the final book! So sweet seeing Daemon & Winters baby’s birth as a bonus story. I did want to see more of what happened at the Conclave but sadly we only get Rika & Michael’s reunion for the most part.
Cristina
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh, how I missed reading something written by Penelope! ❤️ She’s a queen! I love all her books and I can’t wait to read the fourth book of this series.
This particular short story brought together almost all the characters from the last 3 books and it made me feel like I was reading about a family, not about a group of friends/couples. But they are actually a family, right?! The connection they all have is so intense and palpable, you can not possibly ignore it.
I loved it! 😍
Books123
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I don’t like how the series has become so Rika(who I dislike more after every book) and Damon centric. I feel like all other characters are under utilised so these two are always in the spotlight.

I also thought the misunderstanding scene between Michael,Rika, Kai and Banks was dumb. It undermines both couples who I would hope are secure in their relationships by now.

I’m still going to read book 4 just to finish the series but I’m not eagerly anticipating it.
❤️Emma Book Lover ❤️
A novella that provides enough info for what's to come for this crazy crew. I can't wait for Will's book. ...more
Markie Hicks
Pick a Book
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-english
It was so good to read more about this guys. Loved the surprise of seeing all my favorite characters here including characters from another book. I love this series so much. And it got me A LOT more curious about Will. Gimme NIGHTFALL already!!!!
bookbabereviews / brianna j.
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I JUST NEED WILL.

FUCK 😭😭😭😭

This was fantastic, too short, not enough, a total lady boner tease. I love this cast of characters so much it hurts. Hands down one of my all-time favorite series.

I guess it’s time for a reread, huh?
shirley ♡
I decided to reread this because I missed Winter & Damon. I can’t wait to finally read Nightfall.
Michelle Krystel
Oh wow. I was on the edge of seat for this. I kept thinking omg omg omg. And once you read this for yourself you will know exactly what I mean. Pen omg girl wow.
Amz
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
This was a 1 star read, but Damon deserves 5 stars, so I guess I’ll rate it 2 stars? Idk I'm starting to f-ing h8 Rika. ...more
Lydia's Romance
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
FIVE STARS

Ahhh, Damon had me hypnotized! From page 1 I was drawn to him like a moth to a flame. He wasted no time being his usual self--all dark brooding intensity and alpha to the max! Why is he so bad and why do I love him for it? Penelope Douglas needs to explain this to me. I kept rereading paragraphs because I wasn't ready to move on from certain scenes. The things he'd say had me grinning like a fool and I just wanted to prolong the novella. Conclave is told from Damon and Rika's points of
Vaishali
I know everyone has already said this but oh my god Rika grates on my nerves. It was still ok till the second book but now it’s like she is a third wheel in every book. Why is she given so much important? Why is Penelope Douglas so obsessed with her?

I NEED HER

description
Jennifer Hinson
"Nine friends locked on a boat with alcohol, spear guns, and the black ocean at night? This was a fantastic idea."

Penelope is one of my fav authors, having written one of the books that sits in my top 3 all time favs while the rest sit comfortably on that list too. She just has a gift for writing the bully sub-genre that makes even the most unredeemable monster capable of becoming your favorite (Damon anyone?). I hate the wait between new books BUT as the saying goes, can't rush perfection.....s
✨ Lucy ✨
Dec 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An intense short novella that gives us a little look into Nightfall .
It has all the elements that makes Devil’s Night series unique and perfect in its own way .
It’s SEXY , NAUGHTY, DARK and so so much HOT .
Get ready for a ride you won’t regret or forget anytime soon ( to be clear we’re on the same level of Creadence) !
I gave it absolutely 5 strars⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I hope you’ll enjoy it like I surely did 🔥
Joyce Mercês
Jul 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novella, taboo, dark, steamy, mf, drama, 2020
description

Quick Review: This series is not for everyone. I love it. I feel elated and appalled, I cry and I get giddy. This novella made me even more anxious for Will's book. I have absolutely no idea what is going to happen and I can't wait to be shocked.
Sable Lewis
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this in-between book's peek into what's going on with the characters. The Devils Night characters are some of my all-time favorites, and this novella is such a great way to reconnect with them while waiting for Nightfall - not to mention add to the excitement of Will's story. ...more
Abby J Capps
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Had to reread at least something before going into Nightfall lol
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
3.5 ⭐'s

I'm not a big fan of novellas so I had skipped this one, however, when I read Nightfall, I had a feeling I missed some things so I decided to give it a shot.

And...I don't think I missed anything, at least, nothing major. As with most novellas, there's not enough "meat" for it to warrant a strong star rating IMO.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the Damon scenes and his scenes with Winter. I loved seeing his soft side. But the scenes with Rika and Michael were a bit too intense for me. I'm
❤️ Nanda ❤️
May 09, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dark
Okay... I really could have gone without reading this novel.
But I've guessed that it was essential, because finally, after thirteen months (That's right, THIRTEEN MONTHS), this super tight group, their own Chosen family, they finally realized Will's unusual physical absence!
Again, after THIRTEEN MONTHS!
How the hell did that happen? Did Misha really have to show up to rub it in their faces, or was it just a cue to include him in the story?
All this soap opera just make me sad...

Will is apparen

• Interference (St. Michaels Duet, #1)
  • Stealing Home: St. Michaels Duet - Book 2
  • Ruthless Empire (Royal Elite, #6)
  • Vicious Prince (Royal Elite, #5)
  • Black Knight (Royal Elite, #4)
  • The Villain (Boston Belles, #2)
  • Royal Elite Epilogue (Royal Elite, #7)
  • Cruel King (Royal Elite, #0)
  • Kissmas Eve
  • Twisted Kingdom (Royal Elite, #3)
  • Playing with Fire
  • Steel Princess (Royal Elite, #2)
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • Sicko
  • Broken Kingdom (Royal Hearts Academy, #4)
  • Bound By Blood Anthology (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #7.5)
Penelope Douglas is a New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author. Her books have been translated into fifteen languages and include The Fall Away Series, The Devil’s Night Series, and the stand-alones, Misconduct, Punk 57, Birthday Girl, and Credence. Please look for Tryst Six Venom and Motel, as well as the Hellbent series, coming next.

She lives in Las Vegas with her h

Devil's Night (4 books)
  • Corrupt (Devil's Night, #1)
  • Hideaway (Devil's Night, #2)
  • Kill Switch (Devil's Night, #3)
  • Nightfall (Devil's Night, #4)