Start by marking “Fix (Brewed #1)” as Want to Read:
Fix (Brewed #1)

(Brewed #1)

I’m a lot of things.
The youngest Dixon. Town handyman. Best you’ll ever have . . . you’re welcome.
One thing I’m not? The guy who falls in love.

When Rae Jacobs enters my town with her ever-present laptop and caffeine addiction, she offers me a fleeting glance and a simple demand:
Don’t fall in love with her.
Bold.
Assuming.
Laughable, considering she isn’t exactly my ty
Published November 4th 2019 by Jester Creations, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Fix, please sign up.
Indigo Rae Yes! According to Molly McAdams website it's titled Fire and will be released on 2/1/21!

Start your review of Fix (Brewed #1)
Lydia
Nov 07, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Manwhore hero.
Heroine that lost her backbone as soon as the hero sexed her up.

I also felt that he was loyal to everyone before being loyal to her. His family, friends, friend’s parents, and even his dead ex. It just felt like when it came to certain issues he was on other people’s side, not hers. The disruption with his best friend’s mom really made me upset. The heroine had EVRY right to act the way she did, but the hero that she was out of line to attack the people he loved the most. Where do
HMS
3.5
I liked this, but whether it was the fact that I'm still shaking off the effects of the flu and am crabby or that I was annoyed by the prolonged longing and angst between H/h, I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. Most of the book is spent with the heroine, Rae, telling the hero, Sawyer, not to fall in love with her. His reply is never because of his back story of losing the only woman he's ever loved. And take a wild guess what he does in the years following his loss?

Ding Ding Ding
Ruby The Romance Enthusiast
Fix is my first from author Molly McAdams but it definitely won't be my last. This is the first novel in a new series, about a small town with big characters and maybe some secrets.

Rae and Sawyer are the couple in this book. They are both incredibly scarred from their pasts, which means they're both not emotional available and have some huge baggage. Love is not a option for either of them. But no matter what they are drawn to each other.

Rae is a writer which lets her be “unavailable” to m
Naadira  Moodley (BookedMercy)
IMG_20191104_174814_342.jpg

Fix was a beautiful masterpiece. It shattered my heart and left me in tears. I can honestly say that I can't even remember when was the last time I cried so much.

Rae having been dealt a rough hand is constantly on the run. She runs from commitment. She runs from people. She runs from her emotions. She is constantly on the run but she is content with her life. She is successful and is independent. She ends up in a small town called Amber where everyone knows each other's business. She is the new
Northwest_booknerd
Where do I start......

Fix is the first book in Molly McAdams new series and I'm super excited to see what comes next. This book went back to the style of Taking chances and From ashes, it was that feeling of total enjoyment in the story to the point you find your body relaxing and you look up to realize you have been reading for hours with a cheesy smile on your face.

I total had that dumb smile on my face! My husband even asked "so that's a good book?". And it was so good, it made my soul feel
Amanda
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5⭐

[I received a digital arc for an honest review]

Fix
is the newest wonderful novel by Molly MacAdams, it's the start of a brand-new series with all new characters just waiting for you to fall in love with them and their small little town.

Fix
brings us the story of Rae and Sawyer, who are both drastically scarred by their past. They both have an enormous amount of emotional baggage. Rae has been made to equivalate love with goodbye and grown into a person who runs at the first sign of it. Her
* A review copy was provided by the author *

~ 3.5 Stars ~

Fix is an enjoyable read and the newest book by Molly McAdams. I found the storyline interesting, but it didn’t WOW me like Molly’s books have in the past.

I have read many books by Molly McAdams and I have loved them all, this I felt was missing something. I can’t put my finger on what it is, it just didn’t spark the same emotion all of her other books have in me.

I truly think my biggest problem with this book were the characters. I loved
Up All Night Book Addict
Jan 18, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2021, reviews
I am going to be completely honest. I haven't read this author in five years. It had nothing to do with the author. It was more of me losing interest in reading so much romance. I own every single book of this author's though. I decided to jump into this series on a whim, looking for something a little emotional. And I got exactly what I was looking for.

I devoured this book. It was fun. It was sweet. It was heartbreaking. It was a book that had multiple conflicts swirling through it. By the end,
Metalkarin

Overall 4 out of 5 stars
Performance 5 out of 5 stars
Story 4 out of 5 stars
Reviewed: 12-28-20

Good story with appealing characters to boot but to vanilla for my taste. Very well narrated by Erin Mallon and Jason Clarke. Both have great voices and are good in getting into the character they represent.
JR Maxwell
**TRIGGER WARNING: THIS BOOK HAS LOTS OF NAFF CONTENT ABOUT EATING DISORDERS**

Listen, overall, this would have been a perfectly fine, if overwraught (the number of times her soul and/or heart were some variation of 'ripped out of her chest' was like... a lot), modern het romance novel. Except... it wasn't. For two reasons:

1) The. Leading. Lady. Is. Thirty. But. EVERYONE. Calls. Her. A. 'Girl'. Not once (NOT ONCE) was she a 'woman'. And not ONCE was the leading man called a 'boy'. So. Yay misogyn
Eileen Robinson
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-star-reads
This is the first book in a New Series and for me it was the perfect start.

Rae and Sawyer, both Broken Souls, both avoid commitment and relationships.

Rae ( a romance Author) has come to Small town Amber hoping to face some demons from her past. She didn't plan on liking the town, or the people.
Sawyer although attracted to Rae knows she is definitely to be avoided or his carefully built walls could be under threat.
I loved how Molly McAdams has written this novel, we get to know and love not only
Dayang
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5⭐️

This is my second ARC from the author and probably my favorite.

I was intrigued from the first page to the last. It's a story about taking risks, resilience and forgiveness.

It's swoony, angsty and sexy all rolled into one... The pacing was good, the characters were fascinating and the whole storyline has it's own uniqueness.

Kelly
Aug 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this small town romance!

“Sawyer wasn’t my anything. He couldn’t be. So why did he feel like everything?”

A slow building romance, this book had everything I love in a small town romance - meddling friends and family; sexy men; town gossip; and family secrets. Sawyer and Rae both have tragic pasts that have shaped their futures in unexpected ways but together their broken pieces don’t feel so broken anymore. When Rae comes into the small town of Amber, these two definitely do not start off o
Cait
Sep 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2020
Look. I'm not going to be the person to stand up and say that Molly McAdams is the best romance writer of our generation, but she is a reliable, predictable author, in the way that many indie/self-published authors who started in 2010-2012 are. I know I'm probably going to enjoy the romance, though skip bits and pieces of the book as a whole. There's usually some good found family stuff, and blue collar/cowboy/construction/hands on heroes. In 2020, that's sort of all I want. I don't think this b ...more
Theresa
Apr 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars. I quite liked it. Entertaining and the story line was intriguing. It was passionate, enough so that it got my feelers feeling. There were parts that seemed to drag. I skip read a bit as I got bored of whatever topic was going on...but all in all I enjoyed this read. Downloaded book 2 as it surely leaves you wanting to know what happens with the next set of characters.
Michell Hall casper
Molly McAdams is back to her Contemporary writing. And I have kind of missed this writing from her. Don't get me wrong I loved the Mafia stories she gave us. But she does Contemporary really well. McAdams does what McAdams does best. She gave us a angsty emotional swoon worthy read.

I love a great story told with the small town vibe. Where everyone knows everyone. And there is a past within the characters and the town. And that's what this series is all about. I loved Sawyer! He was definitely b
Naomi
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Original Review @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

When I began this book I could just feel that it was going to be a read that I was going to get lost in. I was curious as to why Rae slipped away during the night and why she was willing to push people away as soon as she met them. The more I read, the deeper I got and I had hope that Rae and Sawyer would bare all their secrets to realise that they were soulmates.

Rae's story touched my heart and I could understand her abandonment issues, but I loved that s
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If there were ever an author guaranteed to pull me out of my self-imposed reviewing retirement, it’s Molly McAdams. I’m pretty sure there is very little I wouldn’t do to read more of her words as soon as humanly possible. Even in Fix, which I would classify as one of her more light-hearted reads (but trust me, there is nothing light about the book, it’s just not quite as heart-wrenching as most of her work), my heart felt like it was being battered and bruised by the emotionally wrought journey ...more
Shauna Salley
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was raw and real, with characters you can easily put your shoes in. Everyone has secrets, and things they are going through. Sawyer and Rae were no exception. First in the Brewed series, Fix is set in a small town named Amber. Sawyer has a past he has a hard time getting over, Rae has a secret that changed everything. I loved this book and you don’t want to miss out!
Nicole Janko
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing!!!! Once I started it it was hard for me to put down.

Molly goes back to her roots with this one. You won’t want to miss out on Sawyer and Rae’s story!!!!

I loved every minute of it and you will too!
Liz
Not my cuppa.

For me, this was overwritten and the characters were annoying. Repetitive dialogue, so much so that I thought it was a mistake. I did not like Rae. She arrives in town and basically lies to everyone about why she's there. She meets Sawyer and basically waves a red flag in front of a bull. BTW, Fae was emotionally abused by her family.
Carissa
This story lost my attention a few times, but I love the cover though.
Kimberly Morris
Jan 26, 2020 rated it liked it
I don't love these characters. They both annoyed me but her most of all. ...more
Booksfoodanddrinks
Apr 11, 2020 rated it it was ok
Dnf.not for me
Ashley Estep The Art of Reading
When I decide to read a Molly McAdams' book I consciously make the decision to have my heart ripped out and ran over again and again.

I just loved Fix! McAdams delivered and angsty small town romance that left me on the edge of my chair. With every page I couldn't read fast enough but was terrified as I turned every single page, waiting for that moment. But absolutely everything about this book I loved, the plot the characters, every twist and turn was perfect!!

Sawyer Dixon and Rae Jacobs are tw
LA Spiez
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Molly McAdams, you know I adore you. I just finished Fix and you have proven again what an incredible storyteller you are. And since you’re my friend in my head, please know you can always use my guest room if you’re driving around aimlessly and need somewhere to go.

Ok, back to the story, which is just so awesome. It should be an insta love story, two people attracted to each other from the start, but it’s not. Sawyer Dixon and Rae Jacobs to everything humanly possible to deny their attraction.

R
Emily C
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So Molly and I have been on a break. A long break. She broke my heart a million years ago and I was so mad I couldn’t read her books. I met her last year and I must say she is beyond lovely. When I saw the cover and read the blurb for Fix I knew it was time to get back to her and her gift of writing.

Sawyer is totally book boyfriend material for me. He’s damaged, protective, loyal and hot af. I loved the pure maleness of him in the bedroom. Honestly, I loved everything about him. A past that lef
Carey S.
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book features a very wounded Rae and a heartbroken Sawyer. Both characters seem shallow and heartless as the book begins, but it doesn’t take very long before the reader realizes that there is much more to this story. Rae has been abandoned over and over again in her life, and feels unworthy of love. Love means abandonment to her. So the first time love is mentioned in any relationship, she’s gone! Sawyer lost his girlfriend in high school because she never believed she was good enough for ...more
Pam
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

Being a small town girl, I fell into this book and truly felt the eyes and ears of everyone. Who doesn't love the start of a new series? So many new characters to met and make connections with.

Sawyer has been going through the motions but living and enjoying life is not really what is happening. He is smack dab in the middle of a torn family that doesn't know how to get past the pain of the loss of a great father. He has taken it upon himself to try and be there for them all even if the
Pamela Fleming
Feb 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Fix by Molly McAdams Brewed Series 1
Narrated by Erin Mallon and Jason Clarke
Sawyer and Rae 5 stars ⭐️

This story has all the feels...such irritability, control, sadness, abandon, fear and love. These two characters have had a huge amount of despair and I think that is what draws them closer. This is a great story about how two people can find each other when they both feel destined to never be in love. This is a stand alone but a wonderful foundation for the series. This is my first from this au
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Strong Enough (Meet Me in Montana, #4)
  • Fragile Hearts (Poplar Falls, #4)
  • Wicked Hearts (Poplar Falls, #3)
  • Love Unexpected
  • Stone Hearts (Poplar Falls. #2)
  • Good Enough (Meet Me in Montana, #3)
  • Pause (Larsen Bros, #2)
  • Always Enough (Meet Me in Montana, #2)
  • The Dream Guy Next Door (Guys Who Got Away, #1)
  • Sexy
  • Never Enough (Meet Me in Montana, #1)
  • Beneath the Stars (Falling Stars, #4)
  • My Sinful Desire (Sinful Men #2)
  • You for Her (The Edge of Retaliation, #2)
  • If It's Only Love (The Boys of Jackson Harbor #6)
  • Underneath the Sycamore Tree
  • Close to Me (The Callahans, #1)
  • Cold Queen
Molly grew up in California but now lives in the oh-so-amazing state of Texas with her husband, daughter, and fur babies. When she's not diving into the world of her characters, some of her hobbies include hiking, snowboarding, traveling, and long walks on the beach … which roughly translates to being a homebody with her hubby and dishing out movie quotes. She has a weakness for crude-humored movi ...more

Brewed (4 books)