Start by marking “Fix (Brewed, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fix (Brewed, #1)

(Brewed #1)

I’m a lot of things.
The youngest Dixon. Town handyman. Best you’ll ever have . . . you’re welcome.
One thing I’m not? The guy who falls in love.

When Rae Jacobs enters my town with her ever-present laptop and caffeine addiction, she offers me a fleeting glance and a simple demand:
Don’t fall in love with her.
Bold.
Assuming.
Laughable, considering she isn’t exactly my ty
Published November 4th 2019 by Jester Creations, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Fix, please sign up.
Indigo Rae Yes! According to Molly McAdams website it's titled Fire and will be released on 2/1/21!

Start your review of Fix (Brewed, #1)
Lydia
Nov 07, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Manwhore hero.
Heroine that lost her backbone as soon as the hero sexed her up.

I also felt that he was loyal to everyone before being loyal to her. His family, friends, friend’s parents, and even his dead ex. It just felt like when it came to certain issues he was on other people’s side, not hers. The disruption with his best friend’s mom really made me upset. The heroine had EVRY right to act the way she did, but the hero that she was out of line to attack the people he loved the most. Where do
Wil Loves Books!
Nov 23, 2021 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2021, audiobook
Misleading Blurb, Hero Still in Love with dead Ex, and needs Trigger Warning about EDs

This was terrible. I will say this again, if there’s anything worse than the dead spouse trope it’s the dead girlfriend, the High School girlfriend at that. Not only is it ridiculous, it’s extremely unrealistic to think that a grown man truly decades later can’t get over the girl he used to love in High School who died. I honestly have yet to see that in real life. Not only that, but the blurb gives you ZERO in
HMS
3.5
I liked this, but whether it was the fact that I'm still shaking off the effects of the flu and am crabby or that I was annoyed by the prolonged longing and angst between H/h, I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. Most of the book is spent with the heroine, Rae, telling the hero, Sawyer, not to fall in love with her. His reply is never because of his back story of losing the only woman he's ever loved. And take a wild guess what he does in the years following his loss?

Ding Ding Ding
Ruby The Romance Enthusiast
Fix is my first from author Molly McAdams but it definitely won't be my last. This is the first novel in a new series, about a small town with big characters and maybe some secrets.

Rae and Sawyer are the couple in this book. They are both incredibly scarred from their pasts, which means they're both not emotional available and have some huge baggage. Love is not a option for either of them. But no matter what they are drawn to each other.

Rae is a writer which lets her be “unavailable” to m
JR Maxwell
**TRIGGER WARNING: THIS BOOK HAS LOTS OF NAFF CONTENT ABOUT EATING DISORDERS**

Listen, overall, this would have been a perfectly fine, if overwraught (the number of times her soul and/or heart were some variation of 'ripped out of her chest' was like... a lot), modern het romance novel. Except... it wasn't. For two reasons:

1) The. Leading. Lady. Is. Thirty. But. EVERYONE. Calls. Her. A. 'Girl'. Not once (NOT ONCE) was she a 'woman'. And not ONCE was the leading man called a 'boy'. So. Yay misogyn
Naadira  Moodley (BookedMercy)
IMG_20191104_174814_342.jpg

Fix was a beautiful masterpiece. It shattered my heart and left me in tears. I can honestly say that I can't even remember when was the last time I cried so much.

Rae having been dealt a rough hand is constantly on the run. She runs from commitment. She runs from people. She runs from her emotions. She is constantly on the run but she is content with her life. She is successful and is independent. She ends up in a small town called Amber where everyone knows each other's business. She is the new
Northwest_booknerd
Where do I start......

Fix is the first book in Molly McAdams new series and I'm super excited to see what comes next. This book went back to the style of Taking chances and From ashes, it was that feeling of total enjoyment in the story to the point you find your body relaxing and you look up to realize you have been reading for hours with a cheesy smile on your face.

I total had that dumb smile on my face! My husband even asked "so that's a good book?". And it was so good, it made my soul feel
Amanda
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5⭐

[I received a digital arc for an honest review]

Fix
is the newest wonderful novel by Molly MacAdams, it's the start of a brand-new series with all new characters just waiting for you to fall in love with them and their small little town.

Fix
brings us the story of Rae and Sawyer, who are both drastically scarred by their past. They both have an enormous amount of emotional baggage. Rae has been made to equivalate love with goodbye and grown into a person who runs at the first sign of it. Her
* A review copy was provided by the author *

~ 3.5 Stars ~

Fix is an enjoyable read and the newest book by Molly McAdams. I found the storyline interesting, but it didn’t WOW me like Molly’s books have in the past.

I have read many books by Molly McAdams and I have loved them all, this I felt was missing something. I can’t put my finger on what it is, it just didn’t spark the same emotion all of her other books have in me.

I truly think my biggest problem with this book were the characters. I loved
Up All Night Book Addict
Jan 18, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2021, reviews
I am going to be completely honest. I haven't read this author in five years. It had nothing to do with the author. It was more of me losing interest in reading so much romance. I own every single book of this author's though. I decided to jump into this series on a whim, looking for something a little emotional. And I got exactly what I was looking for.

I devoured this book. It was fun. It was sweet. It was heartbreaking. It was a book that had multiple conflicts swirling through it. By the end,
tee
Sep 03, 2021 rated it it was ok
this was so unbelievably repetitive, i lost count how many times rae told sawyer not to fall in love with her whilst in the same breadth pulling him closer. how do you not see the contradiction there? way too much push and pull; sawyer and rae are both unlikeable characters as individuals but together? no.
some of the plot and dialogue used is quite clearly problematic and there was no trigger warning in sight for what happened to sawyers girlfriend in hs.
(TW: eating disorder)

Overall 4 out of 5 stars
Performance 5 out of 5 stars
Story 4 out of 5 stars
Reviewed: 12-28-20

Good story with appealing characters to boot but to vanilla for my taste. Very well narrated by Erin Mallon and Jason Clarke. Both have great voices and are good in getting into the character they represent.
Eileen (Bangor Belles) Robinson
This is the first book in a New Series and for me it was the perfect start.

Rae and Sawyer, both Broken Souls, both avoid commitment and relationships.

Rae ( a romance Author) has come to Small town Amber hoping to face some demons from her past. She didn't plan on liking the town, or the people.
Sawyer although attracted to Rae knows she is definitely to be avoided or his carefully built walls could be under threat.
I loved how Molly McAdams has written this novel, we get to know and love not only
Anne
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5⭐️

This is my second ARC from the author and probably my favorite.

I was intrigued from the first page to the last. It's a story about taking risks, resilience and forgiveness.

It's swoony, angsty and sexy all rolled into one... The pacing was good, the characters were fascinating and the whole storyline has it's own uniqueness.

Kimberly Morris
Jan 26, 2020 rated it liked it
I don't love these characters. They both annoyed me but her most of all. ...more
Kelly
Aug 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this small town romance!

“Sawyer wasn’t my anything. He couldn’t be. So why did he feel like everything?”

A slow building romance, this book had everything I love in a small town romance - meddling friends and family; sexy men; town gossip; and family secrets. Sawyer and Rae both have tragic pasts that have shaped their futures in unexpected ways but together their broken pieces don’t feel so broken anymore. When Rae comes into the small town of Amber, these two definitely do not start off o
Cait
Sep 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2020
Look. I'm not going to be the person to stand up and say that Molly McAdams is the best romance writer of our generation, but she is a reliable, predictable author, in the way that many indie/self-published authors who started in 2010-2012 are. I know I'm probably going to enjoy the romance, though skip bits and pieces of the book as a whole. There's usually some good found family stuff, and blue collar/cowboy/construction/hands on heroes. In 2020, that's sort of all I want. I don't think this b ...more
Theresa
Apr 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars. I quite liked it. Entertaining and the story line was intriguing. It was passionate, enough so that it got my feelers feeling. There were parts that seemed to drag. I skip read a bit as I got bored of whatever topic was going on...but all in all I enjoyed this read. Downloaded book 2 as it surely leaves you wanting to know what happens with the next set of characters.
Michell Hall casper
Molly McAdams is back to her Contemporary writing. And I have kind of missed this writing from her. Don't get me wrong I loved the Mafia stories she gave us. But she does Contemporary really well. McAdams does what McAdams does best. She gave us a angsty emotional swoon worthy read.

I love a great story told with the small town vibe. Where everyone knows everyone. And there is a past within the characters and the town. And that's what this series is all about. I loved Sawyer! He was definitely b
HappyKT
Oct 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
Two people with baggage aplenty try to fight the intense pull to each other. Setting: small town in Texas

Rae prides herself on her ability to not get attached to anything, but especially people. After an endless pattern if people leaving her in childhood, she has scars that cause her to run when her emotions get involved. This particular time she is running away from a man to a small town in Texas called Amber. It's a town she knows well and knows secrets that lie there. Finally deciding to face
Naomi
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Original Review @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

When I began this book I could just feel that it was going to be a read that I was going to get lost in. I was curious as to why Rae slipped away during the night and why she was willing to push people away as soon as she met them. The more I read, the deeper I got and I had hope that Rae and Sawyer would bare all their secrets to realise that they were soulmates.

Rae's story touched my heart and I could understand her abandonment issues, but I loved that s
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If there were ever an author guaranteed to pull me out of my self-imposed reviewing retirement, it’s Molly McAdams. I’m pretty sure there is very little I wouldn’t do to read more of her words as soon as humanly possible. Even in Fix, which I would classify as one of her more light-hearted reads (but trust me, there is nothing light about the book, it’s just not quite as heart-wrenching as most of her work), my heart felt like it was being battered and bruised by the emotionally wrought journey ...more
Shauna Salley
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was raw and real, with characters you can easily put your shoes in. Everyone has secrets, and things they are going through. Sawyer and Rae were no exception. First in the Brewed series, Fix is set in a small town named Amber. Sawyer has a past he has a hard time getting over, Rae has a secret that changed everything. I loved this book and you don’t want to miss out!
Nicole Janko
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing!!!! Once I started it it was hard for me to put down.

Molly goes back to her roots with this one. You won’t want to miss out on Sawyer and Rae’s story!!!!

I loved every minute of it and you will too!
Beth
Apr 30, 2020 rated it it was ok
Sonia Martinez
Nov 08, 2020 rated it it was ok
Sloooooow. It’s not my favorite trope. The “everyone who I love leaves so I refuse to let anyone get close to me” thing gets old after she thinks it for the second time. But by the time she’s thought about it 50 times I want to quit the book. WE GET IT.

The mysterious connection is alluded to over and over and that mystery gets old as well.

Basically it was a 5 hour book ruined by 6 extra hours. And none of those hours were meaningful character or relationship development. I don’t think I could
Liz
Not my cuppa.

For me, this was overwritten and the characters were annoying. Repetitive dialogue, so much so that I thought it was a mistake. I did not like Rae. She arrives in town and basically lies to everyone about why she's there. She meets Sawyer and basically waves a red flag in front of a bull. BTW, Fae was emotionally abused by her family.
Jane Hughes
Oct 30, 2020 rated it did not like it
How amazing would it be to Rae and have every man alive fall in love with you so often that her first conversation to a man is “ don’t fall in love with me”. She really says this and she really believes it and apparently it’s true. But ... why? What makes her so great? She was just a whiney ,bitter , woe is me martyr who was all about revenge and pity.
Carissa
This story lost my attention a few times, but I love the cover though.

• Dear Heart, I Hate You
  • Chasing Rhodes (Rock Falls, #1)
  • Getting Real (Getting Some, #3)
  • Off the Record (Off, #3)
  • Landslide
  • Off Chance (Off, #5)
  • 10 Years Later
  • My Always One
  • Off Course (Off, #4)
  • You for Her (The Edge of Retaliation, #2)
  • If It's Only Love (The Boys of Jackson Harbor #6)
  • Underneath the Sycamore Tree
  • Close to Me (The Callahans, #1)
  • Cold Queen
  • Steel King (Clifton Forge, #1)
  • The Middle Man (Professionals, #6)
  • One Last Time (Second Time Around, #2)
  • No Bad Days (Fisher Brothers, #1)
See top shelves…
Molly grew up in California but now lives in the oh-so-amazing state of Texas with her husband, daughter, and fur baby. When she's not diving into the world of her characters, some of her hobbies include hiking, snowboarding, traveling, and long walks on the beach … which roughly translates to being a homebody with her hubby and dishing out movie quotes. She has a weakness for crude-humored movies ...more

Brewed (4 books)